an international superstar
A great beauty
a great actress
a good humanitarian
Made in 1953 She won Oscar for her role.
Made in 1957
r />Made in 1961
Made in 1989
her final appearance
成名作品：《罗马假日》 生前作品：（好莱坞部分） 1953《罗马假日》（Roman Holiday ） 1954《龙凤配》（Sabrina） 1956《战争与和平》（War and Peace） 1957《甜妞儿》（Funny Face） 《黄昏之恋》（Love in the Afternoon） 《绿厦》（Green Mansions） 1959《修女传》（The Nun’s Story） 1960《恩怨情天》（The Unforgiven） 1961《第凡内早餐》（Breakfast at Tiffany’s） 1962《孩子们的时刻》（The Children’s Hour） 1963《谜中谜》（Charade） 1964《巴黎假期》（Paris When It Siaales） 《窈窕淑女》（My Fair Lady） 1966《偷龙转凤》（How to Steal a Million） 1967《丽人行》（Two for the Road） 《等到天黑》（Wait Until Dark） 1976《罗宾与玛丽安》（Robin and Marian） 1979《血统》（Bloodine） 1981《哄堂大笑》（They All Laughed） 1989《直到永远》（Always）
Read the first paragraph and fill in the blanks. The first paragraph is about some nformation i___________ of a famous a__________. ctress
Many people thought Audrey Hepburn was:
a great beauty, ________________ a great actress, ________________ a great humanitarian ________________
Ask and answer the questions
1. Is Audrey Hepburn famous only in the USA?
No. She is famous not only in the USA, but also in other parts of the world.
2. When and where was Audrey Hepburn born?
She was born in Belgium on 4th May 1929.
3. What event marked the beginning of Hepburn’s successful career?
Playing the lead role in the play Gigi.
Read the following paragraphs and fill in the table about the life of Audrey Hepburn.
Time At a very young age In 1951 Shortly after Later In 1989 Her other films The TV series In 1992 What did she do Achievements
What did she do Learned ballet At a very young age Worked as a model Acted in Monte Carlo Baby In 1951 Played the lead role in Gigi Shortly The lead role of Roman after Holiday Later The play Ondine In 1989 The final film Always Her other films The TV series In 1992 Funny Face, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, My Fair Lady, etc. Gardens of the World with Audrey Hepburn
Won an Oscar for Best Actress Won Tony Awards
Four more Oscar nominations.
Reminded us of protecting the environment
Devoted her time to charity, The Presidential worked with UNICEF to help Medal of Freedom the needy people
Audrey Hepburn’s charm attracted the world’s attention.
Someone of great charm ____. b a.has lots of money b.has an attractive quality c.wears fancy clothes
Audrey Hepburn played the lead role of a young princess in Roman Holiday and won an Oscar for Best Actress for it. If someone plays the lead role in a film b or a play, he or she is ____. a.the director b.the main character c.the leader of a group
The film won the Oscar nominations for Best Picture, Best Screenplay and Best Costume Design awards. If someone earns an Oscar nomination, a he or she ____. a.has the chance to win an Oscar b.will travel around the world c.should be a singer
Audrey Hepburn’s achievements were beyond what people had expected. Beyond means ____. b a.less than b.more or greater than c.as much as
The whole world mourned her death.
Mourn means ___. c
a.celebrate b.feel sorry c.feel sad because someone has died
1. Audrey Hepburn had been a writer before she became an actress. 2. Hepburn met Colette when she was acting in My Fair Lady.
3. Audrey Hepburn won the Oscar for Best Actress once.
4. Hepburn won a Tony Award for the play Gigi. 5. Funny Face was Audrey Hepburn’s last Hollywood film.
6. Audrey Hepburn acted in a TV series called Gardens of the World with Audrey Hepburn.
7. Audrey Hepburn loved dancing. 8. Hepburn is remembered for her beauty and her kindness.
1. Audrey Hepburn had been a writer before F she became an actress. 2. Hepburn met Colette when she was acting F in My Fair Lady. 3. Audrey Hepburn won the Oscar for Best T Actress once.
4. Hepburn won a Tony Award for the play Gigi.
5. Funny Face was Audrey Hepburn’s last Hollywood film.
6. Audrey Hepburn acted in a TV series called 7. Audrey Hepburn loved dancing.
Gardens of the World with Audrey Hepburn. T
8. Hepburn is remembered for her beauty and T her kindness.
Put the headlines in the correct order
1 5 4 3 6 2
Hepburn met Colette in France
Hepburn earned four more Oscar nominations Hepburn won a Tony Award for a play Hepburn earned an Oscar for Best Actress
Always－Audrey Hepburn’s last appearance in a film
Hepburn played the lead role in the play Gigi
1939 -1945 1951
4th May, birth of Audrey Hepburn in Belgium take ballet lessons
Monte Carlo Baby Gigi
meet Colette, a French writer
role: a young princess Oscar for Best Actress
1989 1988 -1993 1993
Tony Award role: an angel work closely with UNICEF a number of awards 20th January, pass away
From the life of Audrey Hepburn, What do you think makes a person famous?
Knowledge is always important.
Always work hard
Always ready to catch the chance
Understand the meaning of difficulty
Always use your head.
Always have some helpful friends.
Try to be different.
Try to stand at a higher situation (位置).
Is Audrey Hepburn only famous?
She is really a great humanitarian.
She devoted the last few years of her lifetime to charity.
From the life of Audrey Hepburn, What do you think makes a person great?
You should know what kind of a person you are and always try to be better and famous.
You should always be able to and want to help the needy people.
Worry before the people and enjoy after the people.
1. Rewrite the story about the life of Audrey Hepburn in your own words. 2. Search the Internet for some information of a famous and great actor/actress and try to tell it to us in class tomorrow.