①我今晚将动身去纽约。 I’m leaving for New York tonight. （leave）
When are you going off for your holiday? (go)
③Mother＿＿＿home to see my grandma on Sunday. A. driv
es B. is driving C. has driven D. drove
【解析】选B。考查位移动词drive用现在进行时表将来。句 意：妈妈在周日将开车回家看奶奶。A项为一般现在时，表 示有规律地经常开车回家；C项指已经开车回家； D项指看 过了。B项表示将开车回家。
④Because the shop＿＿＿, all the T-shirts are sold at half
price. A. has closed down C. is closing down B. closed down D. had closed down
【解析】选C。此处用进行时表示将来。句意：因为这家商 店将要关闭，所以所有的T恤衫都半价销售。close是渐变动 词，再结合语境，从句要用进行时表示将来。
⑤The boy is always causing trouble. (英译汉)
这个男孩总是惹麻烦。 ⑥我妹妹总是改变主意。 My little sister is always changing her mind.
1. 现在进行时表将来，常表示某个按最近的计划或安排将要 发生的动作，或即将开始或结束的动作，有“安排”或“打
close ， drive ， fall ， remain ， stay ， move ， reach ， land ， leave for，take off等。
be + v. -ing与副词always, constantly, forever 等连用， 表示说话人的赞赏、满意、讨厌、抱怨等语气，并不表示将 来。
完成下列两个句子并思考其区别： ①Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts. The plane is taking off (起飞). ②The plane to Beijing takes off (起飞) at 7: 30 tonight.
③I have got a holiday for a week to Beijing. I＿＿＿my parents together.
A. will have take
B. have taking
D. am taking
④I will tell her about the news as soon as she＿＿＿. A. will come back B. comes back
C. is going to come back
D. is coming back
【解析】选B。as soon as 引导的是时间状语从句，从句谓语
判断下面两组句子的正(T)误(F) ①If it will be fine tomorrow, we’ll go climbing. ( F ) ②If it is fine tomorrow, we’ll go climbing. ( T ) ③The weather seems that it is to snow. ( F )
④The weather seems that it is going to snow. ( T ) ⑤She will be back this evening (今晚将回来). ⑥ I’m going to watch (我打算看)the baseball game on TV tonight.
⑦We were about to climb up to the top of the mountainit ＿＿ ＿＿began to rain heavily. ［2011厦门高一检测］
【解析】选C。be about to. . . when. . . ，意为“正要做……
1. will/shall do表示单纯的将来，是指对未来要发生事情的预 见性。 2. be going to 指现在的打算、意图，或有迹象表明将要发生 的事情。
3. be about to do刚要，正要。不和表确切时间的状语连用， 但可与when 连用，构成be about to. . . when. . . , 意为“正要 做……这/那时……”。
4. be to do 表示预定，按计划或安排将发生；还可表示“注
Ⅰ. 从括号中选出恰当的词或短语，填入题中空白处。 1. I hear that you will go to Beijing this afternoon. Who is seeing you off at the airport? (sees; is seeing) 2. Because the shop is closing next week， many things here are being sold at quite low prices. (closes; is closing)
3. If he doesn’t invite me, I won’t go to the party. (doesn’t
invite; isn’t inviting)
4. We were about to start when it began to rain heavily.
(about to start ; starting)
5. She is always telling lies about coming late. (told; telling)
Ⅱ. 完成下列句子 1. The man who gave a lecture last October is coming (要 来)to our school tomorrow. (come) 2. I will tell her about it as soon as I see her (我看见她). (see) 3. He is leaving for London(将动身去伦敦). His wife is expecting their next reunion in Beijing. (leave)
4. We are going out for a walk (要外出散步）in an hour .
Please make sure that everything is ready. (go) 5. New term begins on September 1 (通常在九月一日开学). (begin)
1. Hurry up! Time is＿＿＿. And you will be late again.
A. running out B. run out
C. giving out
D. being run out
【解析】选A。time is running out. “时间就要没有了。”现
2. I was about to leave＿＿＿I saw him＿＿＿towards me, with a bag in hand. ［2011长春高一检测］
A. while; running
C. as; ran
B. when; running
D. when; to run
【解析】选B。句意： 我刚要离开， 这时我看见他朝我跑来，
手里拿着一个包。be about to. . . when. . . ，意为“正要 做……这/那时……”。see sb. doing 看见某人正在做某事。
【规律方法】when表示 “这时”的用法小结 1）be about to do . . . when. . . 正要……这时……
eg: We were about to knock at the door when it opened.
He was driving to work when the engine died.
他正开着车去上班，这时发动机熄火了。 They had just got home when the telephone rang. 他们刚一到家电话就响了。
3. —When shall we leave for Shanghai? —We＿＿＿very soon. A. have left C. do leave B. leave D. are leaving
【解析】选D。句意：——我们什么时候动身去上海？—— 我们很快就走。leave, arrive, come等少数瞬时性动词在表示
4. —I’m sorry. I forgot to post the letter for you. —Never mind. I ＿＿＿＿it myself this afternoon.
A. am posting
C. will post
B. am going to post
D. am about to post
5. Dr. Smith, together with his wife and daughters, ＿＿＿ visit Beijing this summer. A. is going to C. was going to B. are going to D. were going to
【解析】选A。表示人为主观打算。together with连接两个 并列主语时，谓语与前主语(Dr. Smith) 一致。
6. —When are you leaving for Shanghai? —My plane＿＿＿at 10. A. takes off C. is going to take off B. is about to take off D. will be taken off
7. The Russian president＿＿＿＿China next month.
A. is about to visit C. shall visit B. is visiting D. is to visit
【解析】选D。be to do 表示预定，按计划或安排将发生的 事。故选D。
8. If it＿＿＿, we’ll climb the hill tomorrow. A. isn’t raining C. don’t rain B. doesn’t rain D. won’t rain
9. —Anny, you ＿＿＿ books about. Look, what a mess in
—Sorry, Mom. I won’t do that again.
A. have always thrown
C. are always throwing
B. always throw
D. always threw
10. —What are you going to do this afternoon?
—I am going to the cinema with some friends. If the film ＿
＿＿＿quite early, we ＿＿＿ to the book store after that.
A. finished; are going C. finishes; are going B. finished; go D. finishes; go
【解析】选C。第一个人问：今天下午你打算做什么？第二 个人回答：我要和一些朋友去看电影。由此可知电影还未放 映，故第一个空用finishes一般现在时表示将来，在看完电影 后要去书店，同样为未发生的动作，用are going现在进行时 表示将来，故本题最佳答案为C。
11. I’ll call you as soon as I＿＿＿in Beijing. A. will arrive C. is going to arrive B. arrive D. is arriving
【解析】选B。as soon as 引导的是时间状语从句，从句谓语 动词要用一般现在时表示将来。
12. I don’t like Aunt Lucy, who＿＿＿without warning and brings us presents. A. always turns up C. is always turning up B. has always turned up D. is always turned up
【解析】选C。 always, often, constantly, forever, all the
往往带有厌恶、不满、责备或赞扬等意味。句意：我不喜欢 露西阿姨，她总是事先不告知我们就出现并且给我们带来礼 物。