本试卷分第Ⅰ 卷（选择题）和第Ⅱ 卷（非选择题）两部分。考试结束后，将本试卷和 答题卡一并交回。
注意事项： 1．答题前，考生在答题卡上务必用直径 0．5 毫米黑色墨水签字笔将自己的姓名、准 考证号填写清楚，并贴好条形码。请认真核准条形码上的准考证号、姓名和科目。 2．每小题选出答案后，用 2B 铅笔
把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑，如需改动， 用橡皮擦干净后，再选涂其他答案标号，在试题卷上作答无效。 第一部分 听力（略） 第二部分 英语知识运用（共两节；满分 45 分） 第一节：单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项 涂黑。 21. -- I?m leaving for Singapore tomorrow. -- _________! A. All the best A. tells B. Well done B. speaks C. Good idea. C. reads D. Congratulations D. writes 22. He received a short message which _________: “U2”. 23. -- How about taking a long walk this weekend, just for a change? -- OK, _________ you like. A. whichever B. whatever C. however D. whoever 24. Economic growth in the world remains weak throughout 2012 and it is hoped that it will _________ gradually in 2013. A. break up A. to which all the time. A. are coming B. had come C. were coming D. have been coming 27. -- Why do you give me so many cartoon readings, Mr. Smith? -- _________ yourself. A. Relaxed B. Relaxing C. To relax D. Having relaxed 28. _________ crash accident on Lianhuo expressway was caused by _________ serious fireworks explosion.
B. make up B. for which
C. put up C. which
D. pick up D. whom
25. I?m sorry not to have replied to you earlier, ___________, I must say, I apologize.. 26. We?ve spent too much money recently because our friends and relatives _________ around
A. /; /
B. The; a
C. The; the
D. A; the
29. -- Let?s give up. It?s too late. I don?t think any bus will come. -- I don?t care. I?ll get there _________ I have to walk all the way. A. even if B. as if C. so that D. now that 30. --Personally, your mum is _________ to pass the driving test this time. --Really? But I don?t think so, Dad. A. easy B. difficult C. possible D. sure 31. -- Life __________ be very hard for people living in the north of Heilongjiang Province as it is very cold there in winter. -- Yes, the temperature there ___________ be as low as 40° below zero. C A. must; can A. which crowded. A. is the city; are the streets C. is the city; the streets are cleverer than we thought. A. in other words -- _________________ . A. Oh, wonderful, indeed C. I went there alone way 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1．5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36—55 各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D） 中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A Priceless Gift My son is a crazy hockey fan．Several years ago, we watched a game together and he was very excited because we had only been able to attend a game noise． But then the 39 happened． The other team scored four goals _40 , and all of a sudden can happen in any our beloved Rangers were losing four 41 two． The crowd fell silent． What makes sporting events so interesting and exciting is that 42
B. shall; must B. one
C. will; should C. it
D. has to; can D. that
32. Before you leave your position, you should consider the effect __________ will have on you. 33. Much construction has been done, but not only _________ polluted but _________ still B. the city is; are the streets D. the city is; the streets are
34. New research has found that animals have memories, too. _________, they might be much B. above all C. in many ways D. all in all
35. -- How did you find your visit to the Three Gorges Dam, James？ B. First by train and then by ship D. A classmate of mine showed me the
twice before． When the from
Rangers 37_ ,the crowd shouted wildly and it seemed as if the building would 38
given game． This night was no
43 ． The Rangers fought 44 and tied the game shortly before 45 , winning the game by a goal．
the end． Following an overtime period with no scoring, the team then went into a shootout（点 球大战） ．And on this magical night, the Rangers didn't For my son, the victory was 46 than exciting． The goalie（守门员）picked the hockey
puck（球）and threw it into the crowd. One of the three young men sitting in front of us 47 the puck and, as if in one motion after catching it, threw it back to my son． My son looked at the puck as if he had been given a precious 48 ．And then, obviously 49，he asked in a trembling voice, "Why did that man give me the puck?" I 50 to my son that the man had given him the puck because he knew how happy it would make him to have a souvenir from the game, which had been the winning goal in a shootout．Still in 51,my son said: "He should have 52 it for himself．Why should he give it away? I really write and thank him．" I told my son that there was probably no way he would be able to find the man so that he could write to him． But I did say that there was something he could do----that when he was a grown-up attending a hockey game, he could look them．My son nodded, and I knew he 36. A． in private 37． A． scored 38． A． expand 39． A． unfortunate 40． A． suddenly 41． A．by 42． A． everything 43． A． difference 44． A．excitedly 45． A． succeed 46． A． more 47． A． held 48． A． treasure 49． A． surprised 50． A． introduced 51． A． relief 52． A． kept 53． A． up 54． A． if B．lost B．break B．unimportant B．continuously B．in B．anything B．expectation B．fiercely B．try B．other B．grasped B．possession B．puzzled B．explained B．horror B．gave B．over B．whether
53 for a boy or girl about his age now, and
make sure that 54 he caught a puck coming off the rink（对场）,he would pass it along to 55． C．of ourselves C．fought C．explode C．unnecessary C．finally C．to C．something C．point C．surprisingly C．worry C．less C．carried C．belonging C．moved C．apologized C．despair C．caught C．around C．before D．on our own D．defended D．drop D．unexpected D．toughly D．at D．nothing D．exception D．roughly D．disappoint D．rather D．caught D．value D．frightened D．talked D．disbelief D．threw D．ahead D．unless B．in person
55． A． heard 第三部分：阅读理解
第一节： （共 15 小题；每题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题 卡上将该项涂黑。 A London mayor Boris Johnson is known for his unusual methods and publicity stunts 炒作） （ , but even he couldn't have planned his latest moment of fame. Johnson has been caught on video by a UK newspaper hanging 20 metres above the ground after getting stuck on a zip-wire 高空飞索） in a park near the Olympic area. After taking off to （ the sound of loud applause and cheers, Johnson was inevitably greeted with laughter when he came to a halt and dangled（摇晃地悬挂着） over a crowd of onlookers, which naturally grew rapidly when word spread that the man in charge of the Olympic city was stuck on a zip-wire. Johnson was clearly uncomfortable as the safety belt pulled up the pants on his suit, but luckily the London mayor has experience in awkward situations and dealt with it in a lighthearted manner. “Can you get me a rope?” Johnson asked the crowd of amused onlookers."I think they needed to test this on somebody going a bit faster." British prime minister David Cameron commented later in the day that only Johnson could make such an embarrassing incident work in his favour. “If any other politician anywhere in the world was stuck on a zip-wire, it would be a disaster. For Boris, it?s an absolute victory," Cameron said. To declare seriously, Johnson was eventually taken safely to the end of the line and strongly recommended the ride to anyone that would listen, although he did have one tip for the owners of the ride. “I think possibly what had happened was that they left a brake on or something," he said. Speaking later to London Broadcast Company( LBC), he described himself as "the Yuri Gagarin of the zipwire", in reference to the Soviet astronaut who was the first person to venture into outer space. A spokeswoman for Mr Johnson said: "Clearly the judges are likely to mark him down for artistic interpretation, and, unlike our British Olympic Team , he won't be bagging any gold medals today but he remains unbowed." 56. Who should be responsible for the embarrassing incident Boris Johnson suffered ? A. The reporter of a UK newspaper. C. The owners of the ride.
B. The organizer of the London Olympics. D. The man in charge of LBC
57. Which of the following best describes Boris Johnson ? A. Brave and determined C. Considerate and unusual . 58. What do we know about Yuri Gagarin from the text? A. Yuri Gagarin recommended the ride to anyone that would listen. B. Yuri Gagarin was a Soviet astronaut getting stuck on a zip-wire. C. Yuri Gagarin the first Soviet astronaut to venture into outer space. D. Yuri Gagarin left a brake on or something causing the terrible incident. 59. What would be the best title of the text? A. Boris Johnson meets his citizens on zip-wire applause and cheers C. London mayor gets stuck on zip-wire. prime minister B An entire industry has been built upon the assumption that image is everything, but when it comes to it, an appealing image is not enough. If there is no substance（事实）behind the image, the product, service or person will fail eventually. First of all, one should consider how important image is in the selling of products and services. Advertising agencies have raised the art of creating an image to a state of near perfection. Public concept of that product or service is certainly managed by the images created by the advertising agencies. But if the product or service does not live up to the image that was created, the customer will be very dissatisfied and possibly ask for their money back. For example, the Arthur Andersen accounting firm had spent decades building up an image of trustworthiness. But the recent scandal（丑闻）showed that behind that image, it cheated in business practices. Despite the previous positive image, the firm is being accused of criminal actions and it will probably not survive as a business unit. Although the image had been nearly perfect, the reality, behind the image has led to tile downfall of the word-famous accounting firm. Similarly, personal advisers can build up a public image for politicians and movie stars. Putting out positive news releases, making sure that only the best photographs are published, and ensuring that the person is seen in all the right places can build up a very positive image in the view of the general commons. But once again, history is filled with examples of both politicians and movie stars that fell from grace like the story of the Hollywood actor giving in to the pressures of fame and fortune. With people, just as with products and services, image is certainly important, but without positive substance behind the image, failure is close. To summarize, it is clear that an appealing image is extremely important to success,
B. Cautious and friendly. D. Humorous and optimistic.
B. Boris Johnson takes off with D. London mayor talked with British
whether that image is related to selling a product or service or to the “selling” of a person. But image is only half of the equation（等式）. What lies behind that image is every bit as important as the image itself——the person or product must deliver truth on that image or there is little chance for long-term success. 60. The downfall of the Arthur Andersen accounting firm is due to ________. A. its previous images C. its bad management 61. Why did some famous people fall from grace? A. They failed to live up to their images. C. They felt much pressure from the public. fortune. 62. The structure of the passage is _________. A: Argument P: Point C: Conclusion B. Their images were not well built up. D. They paid little attention to fame and B. its dishonesty in business D. its poor service
63. The author tries to argue that ________. A. image creates everything C. truth is unlikely ever to be equaled C Carol Wang and Emily Ellenberger live 7,000 miles apart, but the teenagers share many similarities. Both are attentive, determined, sociable and computer - savvy（电脑通）. Yet once the school bell rings, the differences between the two college - bound students? experiences are striking. Carol?s school in China is sharply focused on math and science. In one day she takes math, two physics classes and three chemistry classes. In Emily?s school in Maryland, interest in these subjects is dwindling （变小）. Much of Emily?s school time is active — oral exams, lab work and yearbook. In China, Carol?s teachers deliver rote lectures, a style known as tianya, the Chinese word for force - feeding a duck. Emily leaves the classroom for field hockey practice at 2: 10 p. m. while Carol sits at her desk for another two hours, interrupted only by a Class in physical education. But at the end of the day, which student is smarter? Which system will produce the most successful generation of young adults?
B. image is the key to success D. truth and image are equally important
The answers are debatable （有争议的） but there is no denying Chinese motivation in the , fields of math and science. In China, almost 40 percent of students study engineering, and more are entering the field. By contrast, only about 5 percent of American students currently major in engineering and those numbers have been on the decline for the last 15 years. “I think that science education has sort of been spinning its wheels in America,” said Howard Putterman , a biology teacher at Quince Orchard High School, Emily?s school. “I have at least 15 to 20 kids a year who flat out tell me, ?Science isn?t my thing. I don?t like it. I?m not good at it. ?” Soon Carol and Emily will be going to college. Carol wants to study biology; Emily wants to play field hockey, and perhaps major in business or design. “American kids are more independent than Chinese kids, “said Carol?s father. ” They have their own opinion, and they?re quicker to adapt to society when they grow up.” 64. Compared with Emily Ellenberger, Carol Wang is ________. A. less determined A. making useless efforts C. having great development A. It?s difficult to find a job as an engineer in China . B. More and more Chinese students study engineering. C. Emily is far smarter than Carol in the future. D. Carol?s and Emily?s fathers are living in China. 67. What would be the best title for the passage? A. Carol and Emily Study Far Apart C. Carol and Emily Working Hard for College D If you can?t beat them, eat them ! That?s what government officials in Illinois have decided to do with the Asian carp （鲤鱼） a fish that?s damaging the ecosystem of the state?s waterways. , Asian carp are considered an invasive species - an animal or a plant that moves into an area and harms native animals or plants, Invasive species usually arrive at a new home by accident. They may come on cargo ships that travel around the world, for example. Some invaders are brought to an area on purpose to be sold as pets or food. Officials have been trying to prevent Asian carp from spreading since the fish showed up in the lower Mississippi River in the 1970s. However, the fish have swum farther and farther north ever since. Asian carp are now so numerous in the Mississippi River that they are known for leaping out of the water by the dozens.
B. more able
C. less active
D. more attentive
65. The underlined part “spinning its wheels” in Paragraph 5 means _______. B. moving the cars? wheels D. making great progress
66. According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?
B. Different Systems Have Same Results D. East Meets West in the Classroom
This might not seem like a big deal. But invasive species can disturb the fragile balance of an ecosystem. Officials hope to stop the fish from reaching the Great Lakes in the north. Now Illinois hopes to solve the problem by making the fish a part of people?s diet. However, despite the fact that Asian carp are widely eaten in China, many folks in the US confuse them with native carp, which are believed to contain lots of pollutants. Officials in Illinois have even begun promoting the fish as a solution to hunger. Several weeks go, the state launched a “Target Hunger Now!”" campaign that could put Asian carp on the menu to help feed people in need. “Asian carp are actually pretty tasty,” says Chris McCloud, spokesman for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. “They taste like what I think people would consider a normal white fish.” 68. Officials? efforts to prevent Asian carp from spreading since the 1970s have been _______. A. very traditional B. unsuccessful C. quite reliable D. informal 69. Which of the following statements about Asian carp is TRUE? A. They are a popular food in China C. They can?t survive in Illinois. B. They were brought to the US to be sold as pets. D. They contain many pollutants.
70. We can learn from the last paragraph that _______. A. many poor people in Illinois like to eat Asian carp B. poor people in Illinois can make a living by catching Asian carp C. officials try to change the impression that Asian carp have left on people D. the Illinois Department of Natural Resources wants to protect Asian carp 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多 余选项。 Raising Confident Kids Self-esteem(自尊) is a collection of beliefs or feelings we have about ourselves. Having a healthy self-esteem can protect us through difficult times and help us remain focused on what is important to us. Research shows that children with high self-esteem grow up to be more confident adults. Self-esteem building should start young. Praise actions Young children need feedback. It?s how they measure their actions and it plays a role in learning from experience. Provide specific praise about actual actions performed and efforts made in the process. 72 Identify strengths Preschoolers are always watching each other. On the bright side, they learn new things from each other. On the other side, they can become self-critical when they see a peer accomplishing something they still struggle to do. 73 Tell your child to focus on his strengths when he
starts to draw comparisons. Foster（培养） a sense of belonging Young children may not understand how peer pressure（同龄人的压力） works, but they feel it when they?re being excluded(排除). Show your children that they are important by listening to and responding to their needs and ideas. As much as possible, save grown up conversations for later so that you can have family conversations.. 75 As much as they need us, they also need to work on taking small steps towards independence. When they know they can do things , they feel more confident. Teach problem solving skills. Step back and let them work on challenges before jumping in to help. Help by asking, “ How can we do this in a different way? Let?s come up with some ideas together.” Getting kids involved in peoblem solving teaches them how to deal with challenges in the future. Building and maintaining healthy self-esteem can be a lifelong process, but the sooner you start, the more confident your children will become. A. Encourage Independence B. Spend quality time with children. C. Try to address their concerns as they arise, no matter how minor. D. If praise is only attached to success, kids will focus on “ winning”. E. Be sure to point out your child?s strengths regularly and be specific. F. Below are some tips to help you promote your children?s self-esteem. G. Each parent has the responsibility to help children to become confident. 74 .
注意：将答案写在答题卡上，写在本试卷上无效。 第四部分 写作（共两节；满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假如英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌的以下作文。文中共 有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处；每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加，删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧ ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 ） 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉， 修改：在错的词下划—横线，并在该横线下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1。每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。
There are some students cheated in the exam, which has attracted attention from teachers or
parents. As it is known to us all, the purpose of exams is to test what students are getting along with their learning. If they cheat in the exam, teachers mustn?t find out the real problems. What is worse, if they can easily get a good score by cheating, we might think there is no need for them work hard. In my opinion, students should take a positive attitude about the exam. It was a shame to get a good score in a dishonest way. So they should work hard at their lessons. If they make full preparation in advance, I believe they are sure to do well in the exam. 第二节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 假定你叫李华，是光明高中三（2）班的班长， 你班打算在学校举办的校园艺术节上 表演一个英语短剧。请你根据下面通告的内容写一封信，邀请你校外教 Ms. Smith 担任你 班的口语指导老师。 三（2）班英语短剧活动安排 目的：迎接 12 月 12 日--- 18 日的校园艺术节 排练时间：12 月 2 日（星期二）下午 4 时 地点：教学楼 307 教室 注意：1.词数 100 左右。 2.可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 3.开头和结尾已为你写好，不计入总词数。 Dear Ms. Smith, _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________ Looking forward to seeing you there. Best wishes !
Yours sincerely, Li Hua
单项选择 完形填空 21—25 ACBDB 36—40 BACDB 26—30 DCBAD 41—45 CBDBD 31—35 ACCAA 46—50 ADACB 51—55 DACAC
There are some students cheated in the exam, which has attracted attention from teachers or parents. As it is cheating and
known to us all, the purpose of exams is to test what students are getting along with their learning. If they cheat how in the exam, teachers mustn?t find out the real problems. What is worse, if they can easily get a good score by can?t cheating, we might think there is no need for them ∧ work hard. In my opinion, students should take a positive They to
attitude about the exam. It was a shame to get a good score in a dishonest way. So they should work hard at toward/ to is
their lessons. If they make full preparation in advance, I believe they are sure to do well in the exam. preparations 书面表达 One possible version Dear Ms. Smith,
This is Li hua, monitor of Class Two, Grade Three of Guangming High School. As you may have already known, our school is planning to hold an art festival from December 12th to 18th, lasting a whole week. In preparation for the festival, our class has decided to put on a short English play. And we?re already making steady progress with it. But we find that our spoken English is a bit poor. Therefore, to make it a success, we would like to invite you to be our guide, giving us some instructions on our spoken English. I wonder if you will be free on the afternoon of December 2nd, Tuesday. We would feel much honored if you could make it to Room 307 of the teaching building at 4 pm. Looking forward to seeing you there. Best wishes. Yours sincerely, Li Hua