人教新课标版高一必修一 Unit 5 Nelson Mandela- a modern hero 期末知识梳理
一、训练导入 I.考纲单词 写出下列考纲词汇的词性和汉义(如果不止一个词性学生自行增补词性及相应汉义) 1.quality ( ) 2. active( ) 3. devote( ) 4. peaceful( ) 5. stage( ) 6. vo
te( ) 7. attack( ) 8. equal( ) 9. willing( ) 10. escape( ) 11. educate( ) 12. beg( ) 13. reward( ) 14. president( ) 15. opinion( ) II.核心短语 1. ____________ a matter of fact 事实上 2. come to ___________当权；上台 3. be___________ to 被判处…… （徒刑） 4.worry ___________担心 5. ___________ in 信仰，信任 6. in ___________ 处于麻烦中；处于困境中
7. lose ___________ 丧失勇气或信心 8. ___________ up 设立；建立 9. put… in __________ 把……投入监狱 10. fight__________ 反对……而斗争 11. be free ____________摆脱 12.devote … ____________（doing）sth. 献身于…… 13. blow ____________ 炸毁 14. out___________ work 失业
15. ____________ school 毕业 16. be grateful ____________ 对……感激 17. turn___________ 转向 18. agree ___________ 适宜，同意某人 19. during the lunch ___________ 在午餐休息期间 20. beg ___________ food 乞讨食物 二、知识精讲 I.重点词汇 1. devote vt. 投入；献身 [典例] 1). He devoted himself entirely to music. 他将一生奉献给了音乐。 2). Mary devoted her life to caring for the sick. 玛丽献身于为病人服务。 [重点用法] devote… to… 献身于；专心于 在 devote… to…短语中，to 是介词，后面接名词或动词-ing。常见的类似短语还有： pay attention to（注意……）; stick to（坚持……）; lead to（导致……）; prefer…to（相比…… 更喜欢……）; look forward to（盼望……）; 2. vote v. 投票（决定）；选举 [典例] 1). We voted Democrat in the last election. 我们在上次的选举中投了民主党的票。 2). We’ll listen to the arguments on both sides and then vote on it. 我们会先听取双方的论证后再作表决。 3). The votes are still being counted. 选票仍在统计中。 [重点用法] vote down 投票否决；投票击败 vote through 表决通过 take/have a vote on 对……进行表决 vote in 投票选出；选举 put… to the vote 将……付诸表决 vote for/against 投票赞成/反对 n. 投票, 选票,表决, 得票数
3. reward n. 报酬，奖金 vt. 酬谢，给以报答 [典例] 1). He worked hard but without much reward. 他工作很努力，但是报酬很少。 2). He rewarded me with a prize. 他用一个奖励来报答我。 [重点用法] in reward (for…) 作为（对……的）报酬、报答 give a reward to sb. for sth. 为……给某人报酬、赏金
reward sb. for (doing) sth. 因……报答、奖赏某人 reward sb. with sth. 用……报答、奖赏某人
4. equal adj. 平等的；相等的 [典例] 1). Women demand equal pay for equal work. 女性要求同等工作获同等报酬。 2). All people are born equal. 人人生来平等。 [重点用法] be equal to 与……相等 be equal with 与……平等 5. advise v. 建议 [典例] 1). I have advised you on that subject. 在那个问题上，我给过你建议. 2). Christie advises us to practise oral English as often as possible. Christie 建议我们要尽可能多 练口语. 3). I advise that you (should) not eat fruit that isn’t ripe. 我建议你不要吃那些没有熟的水果. [重点用法] advise sb. on sth. 就……给某人出主意 advise sb. to do sth. 建议某人干…… advise + (that) sb. (should) do advice n. 建议；意见 一条建议 advise +n. /pron. 建议…… advise (one’s) doing sth. 建议（某人）干……
a piece of advice
go to sb. for advice = ask sb. for advice 向某人寻求建议；征询某人的意见 give advice to sb. on sth. 就……对某人提供建议
follow sb’s advice = take sb’s advice 接受某人的建议 II.重点词组 1. be in prison 在狱中，被监禁 [典例] 1). He fought for the black people and was in prison for thirty years. 他为黑人而战且坐过三十年牢。 2). He has been in prison for five years for stealing. 因为偷东西, 他曾在监狱呆过 5 年. [短语归纳] put…in prison = send…to prison = throw …into prison 把……投入监狱 The car thieves have been put in prison. 那些偷车贼都被关进监狱了。
2. out of work 失业,出问题 [典例] 1). Jim has been out of work for several months. 吉姆已经失业几个月了。 2). Mary’s cell phone has been out of work for several days, which brought her a lot of inconvenience. 玛丽的手机坏了好几天了，这给她带来了很多不便。 [短语归纳] in work 有工作 out of breath out of use out of order 上气不接下气 没用了 次序颠倒；出故障 out of patience 不耐烦 out of date 过时 out of control 失控 out of shape 变形 眼不见, 心不烦。
out of danger 脱离危险 Out of sight, out of mind.
3. lose heart 丧失勇气或信心 [典例] 1). He failed many times, but he didn’t lose heart. 他失败了许多次，但他并没有失去信心。 2). No matter what you do, never lose heart. 不管你做什么，千万不要失去信心。 [短语归纳] lose one's job 失业 lose one's breath 上气不接下气 lose one's life 丧生; 遇害 III.重点句型 1. We were put in a position in which we had either to accept we were less important, or fight the Government. 我们被置于这样一种境地，或者是被迫承认我们低人一等，或者是与政府作斗争。 [解释] 这是一个主从复合句，in which 引导定语从句，修饰先行词 position。 类似的名词还有 situation, stage, case 等，作先行词时，可用 where 引导定语从句 Can you think of a situation where you once felt embarrassed? 拓展： 介词+关系代词 which 在定语从句中充当时间、 地点、 原因状语， 相当于关系副词 when, where 和 why。 He is the boss of the restaurant where （= in which） we often have lunch. Today when （= on which） the product will be put into use will come soon. The reason why（= for which） he was late for school was unbelievable. [解释]当 only 修饰状语位于句首时，句子采用部分倒装的结构, 将助动词或系动词提前， lose one's balance 失去平衡 lose one's heart (to sb/sth) 爱上 lose face 丢脸; 受屈辱
放在主语前。 Only then did we decide to answer violence with violence. 力对暴力。 Only yesterday did his father tell him the truth, which was a big surprise to him. 昨天他父亲才把真相告诉他, 这对他真是个令人吃惊的消息. Only by shouting was he able to make people on the other side of the river hear him. 他只有靠大声喊才能使河对岸的人们听到他的声音。 三、语法突破 定语从句（II） 关系代词 who 与 that 的用法区别 两者都可用作关系代词指人，有时可互换，但以下几点需注意： 1. 在 all, nobody, no one, somebody, someone, anybody 等词之后两者都可用，但以用 that 较普通。如： All that [who] heard him were delighted. 所有听了他讲话的人都很高兴。 Have you met anybody that [who] has been to Paris? 你遇见过到过巴黎的人吗? 2. 在序数词、 形容词最高级以及 the only, the same, the very 等之后两者都可用， 但以用 that 较普通。如： Newton was one of the greatest men that [who] ever lived. 牛顿是世界上最伟大的人物之一。 He is the only one among us that [who] knows Russian. 他是我们中间唯一懂俄语的人。 3. 引导非限制性定语从句时，通常只用 who。如： Mrs Smith, who has a lot of teaching experience, will be joining us next term. 史密斯夫人很有 教学经验，她下个学期将来与我们一道工作。 4. 但是在下列情况，通常只用 that①当先行词是一个既指人又指物的并列词组时。如： I made a speech on the men and things that I had seen abroad. 我就我在国外所见到的人和事作 了报告。 ②当先行词是 who 时(为避免重复)。如： Who that has sympathy can laugh on that occasion? 有同情心的人谁会在那个时候发笑呢? ③当关系代词在定语从句中作表语时(可省略)。如: Tom is not the boy (that) he was. 汤姆这孩子已不是以前那个汤姆了。 whose 引导定语从句只能指人吗 大家知道， 关系代词 who 只用于指人， 不用于指物。 我们是不是可以推出， 关系代词 whose 也只用于指人不用于指物呢？不能！事实上，用作关系代词的 whose 既可用于指人，也可 用于指物，同时还可以指动物，它在定语从句中用作定语，修饰其后的名词。 一、指人的用法 只是在那时我们才决定以暴
The boys whose names were called stood up. 叫到名字的男孩们站了起来。 The film is about a spy whose wife betrays him. 电影讲的是一个被他妻子出卖的间谍。 He was an officer whose career meant everything to him. 他是一名军旅生涯对他来说就是一切 的军官。 The girl whose work got the prize is the youngest in her class. 作品获奖的那个女孩是她班上年 纪最小的。 除引导限制性定语从句外，也可引导非限制性定语从句。如： Chopin, whose works are world famous, composed some of his music in this room. 肖邦的作品 是世界知名的，有些乐曲就是在这个房间里谱写的。 We went with Peter, whose car broke down before we were halfway there. 我们和彼得一起去 的，但是还没走到半路他的车子就抛了锚。 Ann, whose children are at school all day, is trying to get a job. 安的孩子们整天都在学校， 所以 她在想办法找份工作。 二、指物的用法 The house whose windows are broken is unoccupied. 那个窗户破了的房子没人住。 I’d like a room whose window looks out over the sea. 我想要一个窗户面临大海的房间。 除引导限制性定语从句外，也可引导非限制性定语从句。如： His house, whose windows were all broken, was a depressing sight. 他的房子窗户无一完好，一 派令人心酸的景象。 三、指动物的用法 Wolves are highly social animals whose success depends upon cooperation. 狼是高度群体化的 动物，它们的成功依赖于合作。 除引导限制性定语从句外，也可引导非限制性定语从句。如： My bitch, whose temper is very uncertain, often bites the judges at dog shows. 我的母狗脾气不 稳定，常常在狗展上咬裁判。 【做题小技巧】 对于考查关系代词 whose 的考题，掌握以下两点非常有用： 1. 它在定语从句中通常是用作定语，所以其后通常应有被修饰的名词。 2. which 有时也可用作定语，但与 whose 在语义上有很大区别：which 在语义上相当于 this 或 that，而 whose 在语义上则相当于 one’s 。比较并体会： It was an English novel whose name I have forgotten. 那是一本英语小说，书名我忘了。 My father may have to go into hospital, in whi ch case he won’t be going on holiday. 我父亲可能 需要住院，如果那样他就不去度假了。 如何使用“介词+关系代词”结构
对于“介词+关系代词”结构的使用，重点是要弄清其中的介词如何确定和判断。归纳起来， 有以下几点方法： 1. 根据与定语从句中动词的搭配来确定介词。如： Water is the natural medium in which fish live. 水是鱼类赖以生存的自然环境。(注意搭配 live in) The documents for which they were searching have been recovered. 他们找寻的文件已经找到 了。(注意搭配 search for) This is a subject about which we might argue for a long while. 这是一个我们可能长时间争论 的问题。(注意搭配 argue about) 注意，对于那些由动词与介词构成的短语动词，通常不宜将它们拆开使用，此时应注意介 词的位置应。如： The boy (whom) my sister is looking after is getting better. 不能说成：The boy after whom my sister is looking is getting better. 2. 根据与定语从句中形容词的搭配来确定介词。如： Physics is the subject in our school in which every student is interested. 物理是我们学校每个学 生都很感兴趣的课程。(注意搭配 be interested in) He referred me to some reference books with which I am not very familiar. 他我要去参考一些我 不熟悉的参考书。(注意搭配 be familiar with) 3. 根据与先行词的搭配来确定介词。如： This is our classroom, in the front of which there is a teacher’s desk. 这是我们的教室， 前面有老 师的讲台。(注意搭配 in the front of our classroom) I’ll never forget the day on which she said goodbye to me. 我永远不会忘记她与我们告别的那 一天。(注 意搭配 on the day) 4. 根据句意来确定介词的使用。如： This is the book from which I got the story. 这就是那本书，从中我读到这个故事。(由于句意 含有“从……”的意思，所以用介词 from) This I did at nine o’clock, after which I sat reading the paper. 九点钟时我做这事，之后我坐着 看报。(由于句意含有“在……之后”的意思，所以用介词 after) 定语从句专项练习 1.The place _______interested me most was the Children's Palace. A. Which B. where C. what D. in which 2.Do you know the man _______? A. whom I spoke B. to who spoke C. I spoke to D. that I spoke 3.This is the hotel _______last month. A. which they stayed B. at that they stayed
C. where they stayed at D. where they stayed 4.Do you know the year ______the Chinese Communist Party was founded? A. which B. that C. when D. on which 5.That is the day ______I'll never forget. A. which B. on which C. in which D. when 6.The factory ______we'll visit next week is not far from here. A. where B. to which C. which D. in which 7.Great changes have taken place since then in the factory _______we are working. A. where B. that C. which D. there 8.This is one of the best films _______. A. that have been shown this year B. that have shown C. that has been shown this year D. that you talked 9.Can you lend me the book ______the other day? A. about which you talked B. which you talked C. about that you talked D. that you talked 10.The pen ______he is writing is mine. A. with which B. in which C. on which D. by which 11.They arrived at a farmhouse, in front of ______sat a small boy. A. whom B. who C. which D. that 12.The engineer ______my father works is about 50 years old. A. to whom B. on whom C. with which D. with whom 13.It there anyone in your class ______family is in the country? A. who B. who's C. which D. whose 14.I'm interested in ______you have said. A. all that B. all what C. that D. which 15.I want to use the same dictionary ______was used yesterday. A. which B. who C. what D. as 16.He isn't such a man ______he used to be. A. who B. whom C. that D. as 17.He is good at English, ______we all know. A. that B. as C. whom D. what 18.Li Ming, ______to the concert enjoyed it very much. A. I went with B. with whom I went C. with who I went D.I went with him 19.I don't like ______ as you read. A. the novels B. the such novels C. such novels D. same novels 20.He talked a lot about things and persons ________they remembered in the school. A. which B. that C. whom D. what
21.The letter is from my sister, ______is working in Beijing. A. which B. that C. whom D. who 22.In our factory there are 2,000 workers, two thirds of ____are women. A. them B. which C. whom D. who 23.You're the only person ______I've ever met ______could do it. A. who;/ B./; whom C. whom;/ D./; who 24.I lost a book, ______I can't remember now. A. whose title B. its title C. the title of it D. the title of that 25.Last summer we visited the West Lake, ___ ___Hangzhou is famous in the world. A. for which B. for that C. in which D. what 26.I have bought such a watch _______ was advertised on TV. A. that B. which C. as D. it 27.I can never forget the day _______ we worked together and the day ______ we spent together. A. when; which B. which; when C. what; that D. on which; when 28.Th e way ______he looks at problems is wrong. A. which B. whose C. what D./ 29.This is the reason ______he didn't come to the meeting. A. in which B. with which C. that D. for which 30.This machine, ______for many years, is still working perfectly. A. after which I have looked B. which I have looked after C. that I have looked after D. I have looked after 31.The reason ______he didn't come was ______he was ill. A. why; that B.that;why C. for that;that D.for which;what 32.He is working hard, ______will make him pass the final exam. A.that B.which C.for which D.who 33.That is not the way ______I do it. A./ B.which C.for which D.with which 34.I have two grammars, ______are of great use. A. all of which B. either of which C. both of that D. both of which 35.I want to use the same tools _______used in your factory a few days ago. A. as was B. which was C. as were D. which 36.My neigh bours used to give me a hand in time of trouble, _______ was very kind of them. A. who B. which C. that D. it 37.This is the magazine _______ I copied the paragraph. A. that B. which C. from that D. from which 38.He is not such a man _______ would leave his work half done. A. that B. which C. who D. as
39. You can depend on whatever promise _______ he makes. A. / B. why C. when D. whose 40. Smoking, _______ is a bad habit, is, however, popular. A. that B. which C. it D. though 41. --- Did you ask the guard _______ happened? --- Yes, he told me all _______ he knew. A. what; that B. what; what C. which; which D. that; that 42. I shall never forget those years _______ I lived on the farm with the farmers, _____ __ has a great effect on my life. A. when; who B. that; which C. which; that D. when; which 43. The number of the people who _______ cars _______ increasing. A. owns; are B. owns; is C. own; is D. own; are 44. During the days ________, he worked as a servant at the Browns. A. followed B. following C. to follow D. that followed 45. Is oxygen the only gas _______ helps fire burn? A. that B. / C. which D. it 46. The clever boy made a hole in the wall, _______ he could see _____ was going on inside house. A. which; what B. through which; what C. through that; what D. what; that 47. Is _______ some German friends visited last week? A. this school B. this the school C. this school one D. this school where 48. John got beaten in the game, _______ had been expected. A. as B. that C. what D. who 49. I have bought two ballpens, _______ writes well. A. none of them B. neither of them C. neither of which D. none of which 50. All that can be eaten _______ eaten up. A. are being B. has been C. had been D. have been 参考答案及解析 1. A. which 用作关系代词，在定语从句中作主语。 2．C. "和谁讲话”要说 speak to sb. 本题全句应为 Do you know the man whom I spoke to.。 whom 是关系代词，作介词 to 的宾语，可以省略。 3. D. where 是关系副词，表示地点，在定语从句中作地点状语。 4. C. when 是关系副词，表示时间，在定语从句中作时间状语。 5．A. which 是关系代词，在从句中作 forget 的宾语。其他几个答案都不能作宾语。 6．C. 解析同第 5 题。 7. A. 解析见第 3 题。
8. A. 本句话的先行词应该是 films,因此，关系代词 that 是负数概念，其谓语动词应用复述 的被动语态 have been shown。如果句中的 one 前面使用了定冠词 the，则 the one 应该视为 先行词。 9. A. “谈到某事物”应说 talk about sth.。about 是介词，其后要用 which 作宾语，不能用 that。 10. A. with which 是"介词+关系代词"结构,常用来引导定语从句.with 有"用"的意思,介词之后 只能用 which,不能用 that. with which 在定语从句中作状语,即 he is writing with a pen. 11. C. in front of which 即 in front of a farmhouse. In front of which 在从句中作状语. 12. D. with whom 引导定语从句.with whom 放在从句中即为:my father works with the engineer. 13. D. whose 引导定语从句,在从句中作主语 family 的定语. 14. A. that 引导定语从句,因为先行词是 all,所以只能选用 that 引导. 15. D. the same……..as 是固定用法, as 引导定语从句时,可以作主语,宾语或表语.在本句话 中,as 作从句的主语. 16. D. such……… as 是固定用法,as 引导定语从句时,可以作主语,宾语或表语.在本题中,as 作 表语. 17. B. as 作关系代词可以单独用来引导非限制性定语从句。这时 as 所指代的不是主句中某 个名词，而往往指代整个主句的含义。as 在从句中可以作主语、宾语。从句可放在主句后， 也可置于主句前。在本句中,as 作宾语. 18. B. Li Ming enjoyed it very much 是主句,with whom I went to the concert 是定语从句.with whom 放在从句中为:I went to the concert with Li Ming. 19. C. as 引导定语从句时通常构成 such…as 或 the same…as 固定搭配， 其中 such 和 same 修 饰其后的名词，as 为关系代词，指代其前的名词引导定语从句。 as 在从句中可以作主语、 表语或宾语。Such 修饰单数名词时,要用 such a……..,本题中 such books, such 直接修饰复数 名词. 20. B. things 和 persons 是先行词.当定语从句要修饰的先行词是既表示人,又表示物的名词时, 其关系代词要用 that. 21. D. who 引导非限制性定语从句,who 作从句的主语. 22. C. two thirds of whom 即:two thirds of the 2,000 workers. 23. D. 先行词 person 后有两个定语从句,第一个从句省略了关系代词 whom.因为, whom 作从 句中 met 的宾语,可以省略.第二个从句 who could do it.who 在从句中作主语,不可省略. 24. A. whose title 引导非限制性定语从句,whose title 也可以说成 the title of which 25. A. for which 引导定语从句,使用介词 for,是来自于从句中的固定短语 be famous for " 以……..而闻名". 26. C. 当先行词被 such 修饰时,引导定语从句的关系代词要用 as. As 在本从句中作主语.
27. A. 两个先行词 the day 都是表示时间的名词,但第一个空白处要填的关系词在从句中作 状语,因此要用关系副词 when. 第二个空白处要填的关系词在从句中作动词 spent 的宾语,因 此要用关系代词 which 或 that 来引导定语从句. 28. D. 在 way、distance、direction 等词后的定语从句中，常用 that 来代替“in (或其他介 词)+which”、when 或 where，而 that 常可省略。 29. D. for which 在定语从句中作原因状语,可用 why 来替代. 30. B. which I have looked after 构成一个非限制性定语从句. 31. A. The reason why… was that….已成为一种固定句型，这一句中的 why 和 that 不能随意 换位，也不能将 that 改成 because，尽管 that 这个词在译文中可能有 “因为”的含义。 32. B. 非限制性定语从句常用 which 引导,which 表示前句话的整个含义. 33. A. 解释见 28 题. 34. D. 主句中的 two 表明不能选 A.从句中的 are 表明不能选 B. both of which 用来引导非限 制性定语从句. 35. C. as 引导定语从句时通常构成 such…as 或 the same…as 固定搭配， 其中 such 和 same 修 饰其后的名词，as 为关系代词，指代其前的名词引导定语从句。as 在从句中可以作主语、 表语或宾语。本题中 as 作从句的主语. 36. B. 非限制性定语从句常用 which 引导,which 表示前句话的整个含义. 37. D. 38. D. 解析见 35 题. 39. A. he makes 是定语从句, 从句前省略了关系代词 that. 40. B. which is a bad habit 非限制性定语从句. 41. A. what happened 是宾语从句. all 之后 that he knew 是定语从句.先行词是 all,所以关系代 词只能用 that. 42. D. years 是表示时间的名词,用 when 引导定语从句,是因为 when 在从句中作时间状语.第 二个空选用 which,引导一个非限制性定语从句. 43. C. 本句话的定语从句是 who own cars. 其先行词是 people,因此,定语从句的谓语动词要 用复数的 own。本句话主句的主语是 The number of 指“…..的数目”，是单数概念。因此，主 句的谓语动词要用 is。 44. D. that followed 是定语从句，关系代词 that 在从句中作主语。 45. A. 先行词 gas 被 only 修饰，关系代词要用 that，而不用 which。 46. B. through which 引导定语从句，through which 即 through the hole,在定语从句中作状语。 What 引导的是 see 的宾语从句，并作从句的主语。 47. B. 为便于理解，改写本句话：This is the school that some Germanfriends visited last week. 不难看出，作表语的 the school 是先行词。that 引导了定语从句，因为 that 同时又作 visited
的宾语，所以被省略了。其它选项结构不对。 48. A. 解释见 35 题。 49. C. 因为是 two ballpens, 并且定语从句的谓语 writes 是单数概念。因此，C 是正确选项。 50. B. 本句话中，主句的主语是 all,为抽象概念。因此，其谓语应用单数的 has been。关系 代词 that 引导定语从句，并在从句中作主语。 四、单元自测 第一节 单项选择 单项填空 1.Many people believe that poverty is only a problem in rural areas. _____________ ，it is also a problem in some urban areas. A. As a result C. In the end B. Furthermore D. As a matter of fact
2. Busy as the man is , he _____________ every weekend to staying with his wife and children. A. picks C. devotes B. spends D. takes
3. Only whe n he got home ____________ he had left his bag on the train. A. he realized C. had he realized B. he had realized D. did he realize
4. —Why does she always ask you for help? —There is no one else________， there? A． is who to turn to B．she can turn to C．for whom to turn D．for her to turn 5.Mike often attempts to escape _______ A．having been fined C．to be fined whenever he breaks traffic regulations．
B．to have been fined D．being fined
6.As_______ matter of fact,________ beauty of________ nature there made an excellent impression on me. 7·It’s important to learn to take a positive attitude _______ life when you are _____trouble. A．to：under B. of ; in C．to：in D. with ; in
8．Ms Black is considered a ______lady by her neighbors for she often helps the poor old man next door. A．generous B．hopeful C．mean D． selfish
9. Although the living conditions were poor in the mountain, Xu Benyu still devoted his energies to ______ students of different ages． A. teach B．teaching C. having taught D．be teaching
10. We all know that hard working and plain Iiving are fine ______of our Chinese people． A. qualities B. manners C. deeds D. acts
11. Now their talks have reached a key stage ______ side must give in to the other． A．which B．that C．where D．how
12. I think our education should give all children ______opportunities to develop their special gift． A．reasonable B．equal C. flexible D. convenient
13. The owner of the mine was _______ to twenty years because he had broken the law to empIoy children as miners. A_sentenced B．trapped C. sheltered D. buried
1 4．Students should be _____ in class．Only listening without taking part in the activities is n ot good for one's study． A．passive B．active C．curious D．1azv
15. (2012‘山东师大附中月考)Whenever we are in _____ trouble，we should neve r lose_____ heart． A．a；the 第二节 B．a：a C．／；／ D. / ; the
完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分；满分 30 分）
阅读下面的短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入 空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Culture shock is a complex topic, but I'm a simple man with simple perspectives. So my experience of foreign culture boils down to three basic stages: anger, acceptance and appreciation. When I ___16___ my life in China I was often filled with frustration and ___17___over the way things were. Things were seen as clearly “____18____” and I rejected the view of there being other ways of doing things. Afterwards I came to ___19____different ways of doing things ___20____still saw my own ways as superior. My views were still heavily colored by ___21____and I often accepted situations I felt ____22____by simply coining the phrase "That's China," _____23_____ China was a backward I came to understand and
country that simply didn't do things correctly. Finally, ____24____,
appreciate the n ew ____25____ and ways of doing things, sometimes using them as effectively as the____26_____. For example, fish is never ___27___ with the head in my country, thus my feelings went from “Ugh! I can’t eat this! The fish is ___28___at me saying, `You're a ___29___ man.' Take this off the table,” to “I’ll let my friends enjoy, but I'll just stick with the other____30____,” and to "Would anyone mind if I eat the eyeball?" It is not the same with every westerner, and some take ___31___ than others to go through the three stages. It all depends on how _____32_____ you are and how tightly you ___33___to your own culture. It took a little over a year of living in China ___34___ I finally appreciate the new culture. Now, I'm more ___35___in China than in my own country.
16. A. ended 17. A. curiosity 18. A. wrong 19. A. find 20. A. or 21. A. preferences 22. A. necessary 23. A. mentioning 24. A. therefore 25. A. character 26. A. locals 27. A. bought 28. A. glancing 29. A. kind 30. A. fishes 31. A. more 32. A. adaptable 33. A. get 34. A. since 35. A. anxious 第三节 阅读理解
B. began B. fear B. right B. use B. but B. references B. important B. saying B. however B. personality B. foreigners B. sold B. laughing B. cruel B. vegetables B. less B. considerable B. hold B. as B. welcomed
C. continued C. purpose C. wise C. accept C. while C. facts C. nervous C. meaning C. besides C. revolution C. researchers C. served C. shouting C. brave C. dishes C. further C. dep endable C. ca tch C. before C. comfortable
D. enjoyed D. anger D. smooth D. refuse D. so D. standards D. stupid D. referring D. thus D. culture D. citizens D. separated D. staring D. unique D. soups D. longer D. enjoyable D. insist D .when D. miserable
A No one wants to be tested． would all like to get a driver' s license without answering questions We about rights of way or showing that we can parallel park a car．Many future lawyers and doctors probably wish they could join their profession without taking an exam． But tests and standards are a necessary fact of life. They protect us from unskilled drivers, harmful products and dishonest professionals. In schools too exams play a constructive role．They tell public officials whether new school programs are making a difference and where new investments are likely to pay off．They tell teachers what their students have learned ——and have not．They tell parents how their children are doing compared with others their age．They encourage students to make more effort． It is important to recall that for most of century, educators used intelligence tests to decide which children should get a high - quality education．The point of IQ testing was to find out how much children were capable of learning rather than to test what they had actually learned．Based on IQ scores, millions of children were assigned to dumbed-down programs instead of solid c ourses in science, math, history, literature and foreign language．
This his tory reminds us that tests should be used to improve education．Every child should have access to a high-quality education．Students should have full opportunity to learn what will be tested; otherwise their scores will merely reflect whether they come from an educated family． In the past few years, we have seen the enormous benefits that flow to disadvantaged students because of the information provided by state tests．Those who fall behind are now getting extra instruction in after-school classes and summer programs．In their efforts to improve student performance, states are increasing teachers’salaries, testing new teachers and insisting on better teacher education． Performance in education means the mastery of both knowledge and skills．This is why it is reasonable to test teachers to make sure they know their subject matter, as well as how to teach it to young children． And this is why it is reasonable to assess whether students are ready to advance to the next grade or graduate from high school． 1．According to the passage, school exams enable ______． A．teachers to understand if their students have made efforts B．parents to compare their kids' achievements across schools C．students to meet their teachers' require ments D．governments to make right policies 2．"Dumbed - down programs" in Paragraph 3 refer to the programs which A. lead to high-quality educati on C. are intended for intelligent students .
B. are less academically challenging D. enable children to make steady progress
3．Which of the following does the author probably agree with? A．Disadvantaged students can benefit from state tests． B．Tests should focus on what students have actually learned． C．Intelligent tests decide if children should get a high - quality education． D．Intelligent tests are helpful in separating excellent students from poor ones． 4．What is the purpose of the passage? A．To re-assess the value of IQ testing． B．To defend the role of testing in education． C．To explain what high-quality education means． D．To call for thorough and complete reform in education． B Post Login Register Support Sourcing assistant needed Posted On: Sunday, 28 March, 2010, 17:27
Expires On: Monday, 27 September, 2010, 17:27 Indian company’s Shanghai office is now looking for a local Chinese girl, who can speak fluent English, and has at least one year experience in trading business. Healthcare working experience would be an advantage. Main responsibilities are: sourcing for new suppliers, factory visiting, negotiating and orders following up… Interested candidates can email me your expected salary, resume and current photo to: sarah @ gate. com, Miss Sarah Wang for more details. Thanks. Senior Interior Designer Posted On: Sunday, 10 January, 2010, 11:50 Expires On: Wednesday, 09 June, 2010, 11:50 Reply to: linette, killbourn @ rhdesign. com. cn RHK Design is seeking a Senior Interior Designer for our corporate projects. Your primary role is to work closely with our American and European clients to deliver the international design solution they require. You must have an ability to work with 8 individual managers to negotiate space needs and requirements, and communicate your designs to your design support team. In depth knowledge of interesting and innovative (创新的) materials is required. Travel throughout China may be required. Customer Service Assistant Posted On: Monday, 01 February, 2010, 15:25 Expires On: Tuesday, 31 August, 2010, 15:25 Reply to: chinasemeste: @ gmail. com Compensation(报酬): RMB 8-10K Type of job: Full-time Contract: One year contract or longer Job Category: Customer Service Requirements: —B.A, or B.S. degree; foreigners only: —1 year’s working experience desired, preferably in customer service or hospitality industry —Responsible, pleasant personality and self-motivated. —Customer-oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills —Good command of both spoken and written English ; Putonghua is an advantage but not a must Work Load: 5-day-work; national holidays Monthly Salary: Around RMB 8-10 K
Female English Tutor Needed Posted On: Tuesday, 05 January, 2010, 03:38 Expires On: Friday, 01 October, 2010, 03:28 Reply to: zsj123@ 163. com A girl is looking for an oral English tutor Location: close to Metro Line Six Time: twice a week , in the evening and weekend, 1.5 hrs at a time Rate: 200/h Student: 10 years old Requirements: From America: female; experienced 5. We can know from the first two ads that .
A. to be a sourcing assistant, you need to be very persuasive B. RHK Design deals with business from European countries C. to work for RHK Design, you need to be very experienced in trading D. a girl from Beijing is very likely to be employed by the Indian Company 6. If you are an American woman looking for a part-time job, you can contact A. sarah @ gate. com C. zsj123@ 163. com B. linette, killbourn @ rhdesign. com. cn D. chinasemeste: @ gmail. com _ .
7. For one who doesn’t mind traveling a lot, which of the positions above can be considered? A. Sourcing assistant. B. Female English Tutor.
C. Senior Interior Designed. D. Customer Services Assistant 8. Which of the following statements about the third position is TRUE? A. Nationalities are not required for the position. B. There’s a requirement of maximum service period. C. The deadline for application is July the 31st. D. Communication skills are requested a must.
单元自测答案： 第一节 第二节 1-5 DCDBD 6-10 ACABA 11-15 CBABC 16—20. BDACB 21-25 ADCBD 26-30 ACDBC 31-35 DABCC
第三节 1-4 DBA B