V-ing （现在分词） 作状语 宾补 一．现在分词的形式
形式 一般式 主动 形 式 doing being done 被动形式
v-ed/done(过去分词)作状语， 表语， 定语，
否定形 式 not doing/ being done
having been done
not having (been) done
二． 现在分词作状语 辨析： 动词的-ing 形式和动词不定式作结果状语的区别。 句子功能 例句
1. 作 时 间 状 语 ， 相 当 于 Crossing the road, the old man was knocked over by a when,while,as, after 等引导 car.=When he was crossing the road, the old man was 的时间状语从句 2. 作 原 因 状 语 ， 相 当 于 knocked over by a car.
Having eaten too much, he couldn' t go to sleep.=Because he
as,because,since 等引导的原 had eaten too much, he couldn't go to sleep. 因状语从句 3. 作 条 件 状 语 ， 相 当 于 if,once,unless 等引导的条件 状语从句 4.作方式或伴随状语，相当于 and 连接的并列谓语动词。 。 5.作结果状语，可扩展为有并 列谓语的句子。 6. 作 让 步 状 语 ， 相 当 于 although,though,even if,even though 引导的让步状 语从句 辨析： （1）动词的-ing 形式作结果状语通常表示自然而然的结果。 （2）动词不定式作结果状语通常表示意想不到的结果，常与 only 连用，构成“only to do sth.” 三．连词+动词的-ing 形式作状语，省略状语从句的主语和系动词 be，表示主动或者正在 Using your head, you' ll find a good way. =If you use your head, you' ll find a good way. Four people entered the room looking around in a curious way. =Four people entered the room and looked around in a curious way. It rained heavily, causing flooding in that city. =It rained heavily so it caused flooding in that city. Living miles away, he attended the course.=Although he lived miles away, he attended the course.
进行。 省略条件 1：状语从句的主语必须和主句的主语一致 省略条件 2：状语从句有 be 动词 Eg. While (I Was) waiting, I was reading magazines. 温馨提示 ①现在分词表示主动或正在进行；过去分词表示被动或已经完成。 ?注意非谓语动词的逻辑主语是否与主句的主语一致。 ?注意确定是否该用非谓语动词；注意标点符号，如果句中有连词（ and,/but/or--）,要 用谓语动词。 ④注意非谓语动词与主句谓语动词的时间顺序。 ⑤注意与句式“祈使句+and/or+陈述句”的区别。
V-ed(过去分词)作状语 一、 过去分词（短语）作状语时，表示被动和完成，在句中一般可 以做时间，条件，原因，伴随或方式，让步状语等。 Eg. Asked about his family, he made no answer. Given more time, we will do it well. 注意：(1)分词状语，其逻辑主语必须与句子主语一致。否则，需加上 自己的逻辑主语，构成独立主格。 Eg. Weather/Time permitting, tomorrow. 二．过去分词（短语）与现在分词（短语）作状语的区别 过去分词（短语）与句子的主语之间存在逻辑上的动宾关系，即表被 动；现在分词（短语）与句子主语 之间存在逻辑上的主谓关系，即 表主动。 三． 过去分词作定语 单个过去分词作定语一般放在被修饰词之前， 分词短语作定语一般放 在被修饰词之后，往往可被定语从句代替。 四．过去分词作宾补 we will go shopping together
过去分词（短语）用在感官类动 I was glad to see the child well 词 see,watch, notice, hear,feel 等后 taken care of . 面 过去分词（短语）用在表示心理 When I came in, I found the glass 状态的动词 find,think 等后面 broken.
过去分词（短语）用在使役动词 They leave the water running. keep,get,make,leave,let ， have 等 I raised my voice to make myself 后面 heard.
过去分词（短语）用在“with+宾 The murderer was brought in, with 语+宾补”的复合结构中，表示时 his hands tied behind his back. 间，方式，条件，原因等。 典例 1. （2014.四川高考） The manager was satisfied to see many new products after great effort. B. to develop C. developed D.develop
A. having developed Practice:
五．过去分词（v-ed/done）作表语 .过去分词 （短语） 放在系动词 be, get, become,feel,remain, seem 等后 面作表语，构成系表结构，表示主语所处的状态。 Please remain seated when the professor comes in . He seemed quite delighted at the news.
nearly all our money, we couldn't afford to stay at a hotel.
A. Having spent B. To spent C. Spent D. To have spent 2. < 四川 > which university to attend, the girl asked her teacher for advice. A. Not knowing B. Knowing not C. Not known D. Known not 3. <北京> the course very difficult , she decided to move to a lower level. A. Find B. Finding C. To find D. Found 4.<重庆> When I was little, my mother used to sit by my bed, me stories till I fell asleep. A. having told B. telling C. told D. to tell 5.<全国重点领航冲刺七> The pretty girl was dressed in bright red, Her more beautiful. A.making;look B. to make;looked C.making;looked D.and making ;looked 6. The stranger said something in a ____. A. frightening, frightened C. frightening, frightening B. frightened, frightening D. frightened, frightened voice and the little girl was very much
7. ________the piano, someone suddenly knocked at the door. A. Playing B. When I was playing C. Repairing D. Examining
8. ______in the seat for half an hour, Tom suddenly realized that he had left his wallet(钱包) at home. A. To wait B. Have waited C. Having waited D. To have waited
the work , they have to stay there for another two weeks. B.Not completed D.Have not completed
A.Not completing C.Not having completed
用所给词语的适当形式填空 1. All night long he lay awake, (think) of the problem. 2. Their car was caught in a traffic jam, thus (cause)the delay. 3. (live) with the girl for 5 years, we all know her very well. 4. Though (work) so hard, he failed again.
5. (not receive) his reply, she wrote another letter. 6. (notice) by so many people, she felt nervous , (not know ) what to say. After (tell) many times , he understood what was happening.
into English, the sentence was found to have an entirely
different word order. A. Translating 2. B. Translated C. To translate D. Having translated
an important role in a new movie, Andy has a chance to
become famous. A. Offer 3. B. Offering C. Offered D. To offer
his scientific work, he has no time to care for his family
affairs , which his wife always complains about. A. Devoting into Devoted with 4. Dina, for months to find a job as a waitress, finally took a B. Devoted to C. Being devoted with D.
position at a local advertising agency. A. struggling B. struggled 5. C. having struggled D. to struggle
the right kind of training, these teenager soccer players may
one day grow into international stars. A.. Giving B. Having given C.To give D. Given in my room.
6. In order not to be found , I spent the whole night A. locking 7. B. locked C. to lock D. Lock
twice, the postman refused to deliver our letters unless we
chained our dog.
A. Being bitten
C. Having bitten
D. To be bitten with his old one. D. compared
8. Michael's new house is like a huge palace, A. comparing 9. B. compares C. to compare
but excited , the runner raced to the finishing line. B. Exhausted C. Being exhausted D. To be
二． 用括号内所给词的适当形式填空。 1. The news reporter hurried to the airport, only star had left. 2. After her journey from abroad , Mary returned home,( (exhaust ). 3. (see) from the top of the building, our school looks beautiful. (find) everywhere, but true ) (tell) the film
4. False friends are just like leaves, friends are like diamonds , precious and rare. 1.She felt rather a speed. B.
that she shouldn't have driven the car at such
A. frightening;frightening Frightening;frightened 2. There is a big dog A. tying B. tied
D. frightened ;frightening to a fence outside the house.
C. to tie
D. ties abroad
3. In April, thousands of holidaymakers remained due to the volcanic ash cloud.
C.to be stuck
D.to have stuck
4. As soon as she entered the room, the girl caught sight of the flowers A. buying by her mother. B. being bought C. were bought D.bought
5. The student, how to answer it. A. Being surprised surprised 6. Look at the note
at the way the question was put, didn't know
to the door; you will see that someone
paid a visit when we were away. A. pinning B. pinned C. being pinned D. is pinned
7. It is one of the funniest things year. A finding B. being found C. to find
on the Internet so far this
D. found .
8. We finished the run in less than half the time A. allowing B. to allow C. allowed D. allows
9. When I came in, they were A. absorb B. absorbed
in a heated discussion. D. being absorbed in a blue skirt, is
10. The woman sitting there under the tree, our head master. A. wearing B.dressed C. worn D. dressing
1. In our daily life, there are a lot of health problems that, when not (treat) in time, can become bigger ones later on . 2. The thief couldn't tell the truth. 3. I couldn't accept the view facts. 4. Cleaning workers in big cities usually get month. 5. The (surprise) look on his face suggested that he must (pay) by the (offer) to me unless it is based on (question) by the police a moment ago still
have heard some surprising news. （2014.临沂高二检测）While you were out, you should keep your doors and windows A. close B. closing . C. closed D.be closed
2. I'll have all of the reading goes well. A.completing B.to complete
by the end of this term if my plan
D. being completed
3. To learn English well , we should find opportunities to hear English as much as we can . A.speak B. speaking C.spoken D. to speak , he
4. John received an invitation to dinner, and with his work gladly accepted it. A. finished B. finishing C. having finished D. was finished
5. He is very popular among his students as he always tries to make them in his lectures. A. interested B. interesting C. interest D. to interest
6. Laws that punish parents for their little children's actions against the laws get parents A. worried B. to worry . C. worrying D. worry
7. I don't want the children A. take B. to take C. taken
out in such weather. D. taking
Ⅱ. 用所给动词的适当形式填空 1. With all the work 2. He didn't notice his wallet 3. The students wouldn't like the problem (do), I feel very relaxed now. ( steal) (discuss) at the moment. (take ) to
4. I am very busy now. I'd like to have my little child school. 5. When we got to school, we saw the door 6. Be careful, or you'll have your hands 7. He spoke slowly to make himself (lock) (hurt).
8. Helen had to shout above the sound of the music to make herself (hear )