外研版 高一年级 (必修1) Module 3
? Read the sentences and pay attention to the words in red.
? 1.Trained animals carried food and other suppli
es. ? 2.We saw abandoned farms which were more than a hundred years ago. ? 3. We ate meals cooked by experts!
The -ed form used as attributives （-ed分词定语）
过去分词作定语的位置 1. 单个过去分词作定语, 通常前置
a. 及物动词的过去分词具有被动和完 成意义。 如:
a broken cup 一个破杯子
a wounded soldier一名伤员
a grown woman一位成年妇女
an escaped prisoner一名逃犯
2. 过去分词短语作定语：通常后置，其 作用相当于定语从句，省去了主语和 谓语。如: the color TV set produced last year =the color TV set that were produced last year 去年生产的彩色电视机 a letter written to me by my daughter =a letter that was written to me by my daughter 一封我女儿写给我的信
Read the following sentences ? The man standing at the window is our teacher. ? 站在窗子那的人就是我们的老师 ? Do you know the young man waiting outside the school gate? ? 你知道等在校门口的那个年轻人是谁吗？
The -ing form used as attributives （现在分词定语）
The falling leaves 落叶（正往下落的） the fallen leaves
boiling water 沸腾的水 a rising sun 正在升起的太阳 boiled water 烧开的水 a risen sun 升起的太阳
*某些动词的现在分词表示“令人感到…… 的”, 过去分词表示 “感到……的”, 表示 某人的内心感受。 exciting 令人感到兴奋的 excited 感到兴奋的 interesting 令人感兴趣的 interested 感到有趣的 surprising 令人惊讶的 surprised 感到惊讶的 disappointing 令人失望的 disappointed 感到失望的
*某些动词的过去分词已转化成了形容词， 表示某人的内心感受, 有时还可以修饰 voice, expression, look等名词,表示透过某 人的声音和表情而显示出某人的内心感受。 例: 他感到纳闷的表情 his puzzled expression 她感到害怕的声音 her frightened voice 他感到难过的面容 his depressed look
1. Don’t use words, expressions or phrases ____ only to people with specific knowledge. A. being known B. having been known
C. to be known
2. Reading is an experience quite
different from watching TV; there are pictures ____ in your mind instead of before your eyes. A. to form C. formed B. form D. having formed
3. there was an ____ look on his face when the actress appeared. A. excited B. excitement C. exciting D. excitedly 4. It’s wrong for the ___ countries to control the world. A. development B. developing C. developed D. develop
5. I have collected the money ____. A. needing C. to need long. A. being built C. built B. to be built D. building B. need D. needed
6. The bridge ___ next year will be very
7. The book can be used in ___ countries. A. English-speaking B. English-spoken C. speaking-English
8. From his ____ voice, I have to say that you are really_____. A. disappointed; disappointed B. disappointing; disappointing C. disappointed; disappointing D. disappointing; disappointed
9. This is the problem___ at the meeting yesterday. A. being discussed; B. having discussed C. to be discussed D. discussed 10. The ___ look on his face suggested that he had not expected so. A. surprised B. surprising C. excited D. exciting
Past Tense Time Expressions 1. 常用的表示过去的时间状语有: recently, during the day, one night, a long time ago, until the 1920s, in 1925, for many years, just now, at that time, during his middle school years, then, last night/year/week /month, a week /month/ year ago, in the old days …
2. 表示过去的习惯性、重复性的动作,常 用一定的时间状语或频度状语, 如： I played football every week when I was young.
I used to go shopping during weekdays.
1. 上周末, 简吃了一顿由外婆做的好饭。 Last weekend, Jane ate a nice meal cooked by her grandmother. 2. 昨天晚上,她完成作业后就上床睡觉了。 She went to bed after she finished her homework last night.
3. 前几天, 罗伯特去北京出差了。 Robert went to Beijing on business the other day. 4. 玛丽过去一周来拜访我一次。 Mary used to pay a visit to /visit me once a week.
用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空。 1. Prices of daily goods bought (buy) by ______ computer can be lower than store prices. 2. Have you read the novel written (write) ______ by Dickens? 3. The girl let out a frightened / frightening ___________________ (frighten) cry at the sight of the snake.
4. The ___ (lose) boy was last seen playing lost near the East Lake. 5. A little child _______ (learn) to walk learning often falls. 6. The song, ________ (record) in the recorded studio, sounded wonderful. 7. The concert given (give) by the twins _____ was a great success.
8. The government decided to rebuild the damaged (damage) bridge. ________ 9. What’s the language ______ spoken (speak) in Germany? 10. The computer center ______ (open) opened last year is very popular among the
students in this school.