(将来进行时): 结构：“shall/ will + be + 现在分词”构成。 shall用于第一人称单、复数; will用于各种 人称。 e.g. Our work will end in March. We will/shall be returning to New York.
行时的用法 1. 表示将来某一时刻或某一段时间里正 在进行的动作。 e.g. We will be seeing a fashion show this time tomorrow afternoon.
2. 用于代替一般将来时（多用于口语 中），使语言生动形象。 e.g. The train will be arriving soon.
将来进行时常用的时间状语有soon, tomorrow, this evening, on Sunday, by this time tomorrow, at three o’clock tomorrow, in two days, tomorrow evening等。 e.g. By this time tomorrow, I’ll be lying on the beach.
Complete the sentences with the verbs in brackets using the future continuous. will be doing 1. At nine o’clock tonight I ____________ (do) my homework. 2. Don’t call me before seven. I will be getting dressed (get dressed). ___________________ won’t be working (not work) 3. They ________________ next Thursday. It’s a public holiday.
4. In the year 3000 a lot of people will be living (live) on space stations. ___________ be staying (stay) here 5. Will _____ you ___________ next summer? will be lying 6. This time next year I _______________ (lie) on a beach.
1. My brother ____________________ will come / is coming (come) to see me tomorrow. Possibly I will / shall be watching ______________________ (watch) TV at home when he comes. 2. By the time you _______ arrive (arrive) home, be sleeping (sleep), so the baby will _______________ don’t make any noise when you come in.
will be doing (do) his 3. Jack _____________ homework at three o’clock tomorrow. 4. This time next year, I hope I shall / will be traveling _______________________ (travel) around the world.
will find (find) a 5. I hope scientists ________ cure for cancer. 6. A Chinese astronaut _________ will reach (reach) Mars by 2050. 注意: 用于将来进行时的谓语动词必 须是可延续性动词, 短暂性动词则不可, 如上面5, 6题。
Words: alternative, prediction, risky, arrest, fire, limit, command, charge, switch, attach Expressions: for sure, rely on, run out, get rid of, use up, on the way out
1. alternative energy 替代能源 alternative adj. 选其一, 非此即彼的。 the alternative “可供选择的办法或方 案”。
2.prediction n. 预测，预言 make a prediction/make predictions 作预测 predict v. 预言某事将发生, 预报 predictable adj. 可预言的, 可预报的
predicted ① The earthquake has been ________ several months before. prediction ② Do you take seriously his _________ of a government defeat? ③ I knew you’d say that---you are so ___________. predictable
risky adj. 危险的；冒险的 risk v 冒险 risk doing sth. 冒……危险
3. …will become very important as earth’s natural resources run out. ……会很重要，因为地球的资源将 濒临枯竭。
1) On our way to Washington yesterday we ran out of gas. 2) We’ve run out of milk. Could you stop at the store on your way home? 用完 ...... run out of 意为“ __________” ，表示 主动意义，其主语一般是人，如句1-2。
3) Food supplies had run out towards the end of the trip.
run out表示“用完，耗尽”时，相 当于不及物动词，不用于被动语态， 其主语多为物，如句3.
表示“用完”的其它短语： use up有被动语态； give out物作主语(如：食物储备、耐心、 钱、燃料)，无被动语态。如： He is always using up his money before pay day. After a month their food supplies gave out.
4. We will also have to rely more on alternative energy. 我们也将不得不更多地依赖其他能源。 rely on 依靠 rely on + (n./pron./doing)
e.g. 1) You can’t rely on his assistance. 你不能依赖他的帮助。 2) You’d better rely on yourself. 你最好靠你自己。
5. To get rid of garbage problems… 为了摆脱垃圾问题的困扰…… get rid of 除掉, 去掉, 摆脱 e.g. How to get rid of the waste materials is a big problem. 如何处理这些废料是一个大问题。 He can’t get rid of his headache. 他的头痛老是不好。
练习 坏习惯一旦养成就很难去掉。 It is very hard to get rid of it once a bad habit is formed.
6.limit的用法 1) We must limit the speed of the cars in this busy street. 限制，限定 ，后接 limit作动词，_____________ 名词作宾语
【拓展】 A) limited adj. 有限的，受（……的） 限制； limitless adj. 无限的； limitation n. 局限性，不足之处 B) time limit 期限，时间限制； without limit 无限地，无限的；
7. …it will be possible to change the colour of cars at the flick of a switch. ……只要轻轻按一下开关就能够 改变汽车的颜色。 switch n. 开关 vi. 交换, 调换
at the flick of a switch 轻轻一触开关 switch on 打开(电器) switch off 关上 switch the light on/off 开/关电灯 switch the discussion to another topic 换一个讨论题目
I. 根据首字母提示拼写单词 rrested her for drinking 1. The police a______ and driving fast. 2. It’s r____ isky to buy a car without any good advice. 3. He hated being in the army because he had to obey c_________ ommands there.
4. No one believed her p_________ redictions that the world would end on November 12.
II. 根据汉语提示完成句子。 get rid of (删除) something if 1. You can _________ you don’t need it. 2. No one knows ________ for sure (确切地) where he has gone. 3. Coal power stations are _____________ on the way out (即将被淘汰) because they are dirty.