2014-2015 年度下期高二期中考英语科测试卷 共 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 1.What are they talking about? A. Renting an apartment. B. Cooking good food. C. Buying
2.What are these people going to do? A. Call their friends. B. Wait a little longer. C. Go back home.
3.Where does the conversation most probably take place? A .On the filmmaking spot. 4.What is Jane worried about? A. Seeing the doctor. B. Missing her lessons. C. Staying home by herself. B. Behind a big window. C. Just in the snow.
5.How much did the man’s wife pay for her coat? A.$80. B.$240. C.$120.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1．5 分，满分 22．5 分） 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6.What can we know about the man? A. He’s going to hear John Denver. B. He knows little of John Denver. 7.What is John Denver going to do? A. Write some songs for a concert. C. Sing songs on Saturday evening. 8.What does the woman advise the man to do? A. Buy a ticket as soon as possible. C. Enjoy John Denver’s music at home. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9.What is the man most likely to do? A. To persuade the woman to have a look at his car. B. To sell his second-hand car. C. To put up an advertisement. B. Listen to a program on the radio. B. Make some records for radio. C. He’s a famous singer.
10.Where is the man’s office? A. In the city center. B. On Hills Road. C. Near the hospital.
11.What can we learn from the conversation? A. The woman will buy the car. B. The woman has worked in the hospital for a long time. C. The car has a history of four years. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12.How many presents has Alice received? A. Three. B. Four. C. Five.
13.Which is NOT mentioned in their dialogue? A. Alice’s father sends the nicest present to her. B. Alice likes all the presents she has received. C. Tom is willing to teach her to skate. 14.What can we learn from the dialogue? A. Tom is a friend of Alice’s. C. Alice had skateboards before. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15.What is the main subject of the conversation? A. Maryland Team. B. The woman’s injured foot. C. Saturday’s game. B. Alice will buy more CDs.
16.What sport are they talking about? A. Basketball. 17.What is going to happen? A. There will be a match between Michigan and Maryland on Saturday. B. Maryland will rank No.1 in the country. C .A tough game will be expected between the speakers’ team and Michigan. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18.How can you sometimes learn more about a person? A. By talking with him. B. By listening to him. C. By watching him. B. Football. C. Baseball.
19.Which of the following shows a person is interested in listening to you？ A. His eyes are moving around. B. He is standing still.
C. He is tapping his foot. 20.What can we learn from what the speaker said? A. Signs can help one follow a speaker along. B.A fast speaker often uses body language. C .Signs are usually used on TV. 第二部分阅读理解 （共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 （共 15 小题;每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文 ，从每题所给的四个选项 （A 、B 、C 和 D ）中 ，选出最佳选项 ， 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A My father had returned from his business visit to London when I came in, rather late, to supper. I could tell at once that he and my mother had been discussing something. In that half- playful, half-serious way I knew so well, he said, "How would you like to go to Eton?" " You bet, "I cried quickly catching the joke. Everyone knew it was the most expensive, the most famous of schools. You had to be entered at birth, if not before. Besides, even at 12 or 13, I. understood my father. He disliked any form of showing off. He always knew his proper station in life, which was in the middle of the middle class; our house was medium-sized; he had avoided joining Royal Liverpool Golf Club and went to a smaller one instead; though once he had got a second-hand Rolls-Royce at a remarkably low price, he felt embarrassed driving it, and quickly changed it for an Austin 1100. This could only be his delightful way of telling me that the whole boarding school idea was to be dropped. Alas ! I should also have remembered that he had a liking for being different from everyone else, if it did not conflict with his fear of drawing attention to himself. It seemed that he had happened to be talking to Graham Brown of the London office, a very nice fellow, and Graham had a friend who had just entered his boy at the school, and while he was in that part of the world he thought he might just as well phone them. I remember my eyes stinging(剌 痛) and my hands shaking with the puzzlement of my feelings. There was excitement, at the heart of great sadness. "Oh, he doesn't want to go away , " said my mother, " You shouldn't go on like this. " "It's up to him, " said my father. "He can make up his own mind . "
21. How did the author react to the idea of going to Eton? A. He didn't believe it. C. He was delighted. B. He was very unhappy. D. He had mixed feelings.
22. From the text, we can know that Eden is ________. A. a famous school C. one of the author's friends 23. Paragraph 2 mainly tells us________ . A. about their living conditions C. what the author's father is like B. about the author's grades D. how hard the author's father works B. an expensive car D. one of the father's colleagues
24. From the text we can know that the author's father enjoyed being different as long as ______ A. it drew attention to him B. there was no danger of showing off D. it was understood as a joke B English is the most widely used language in the history of our planet. One in every seven human beings can speak it. More than half of the world's books and three quarters of international mails are in English. Of all languages, English has the largest vocabulary - perhaps as many as two million words. However, let's face it: English is a crazy language. There is no egg in an eggplant, neither pine nor apple in a pineapple and no ham in a hamburger . Sweet-meats are candy, while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat. We take English for granted. But when we explore its paradoxes (矛盾) , we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square, public bathrooms have no baths in them. And why is it that a writer writes, but fingers don't fing , grocers don't groce , and hammers don't ham? If the plural (复数形式) of tooth is teeth, shouldn't the plural of booth be beeth ? One goose, two geese - so one moose , two meese? How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites? How can overlook and oversee be opposites, while quite a lot and quite a few are alike? How can the weather be hot as hell one day and cold as hell the next? English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of human beings. That's why, when stars are out, they are visible; but when the lights are out, they are invisible. And why, when I wind up my watch, I start it; but when I wind up this essay, I end it.
C. he was not involved in any arguments
25. According to the passage________. A. there should be eggs in an eggplant B. sweet-meats and sweetbreads are different C. pineapples are the apples on the pine tree 26. What does the author use most to prove his idea? A. Plurals. B. Paradoxes. C. Comparisons. D. Synonyms. D. boxing rings should be round
27. The underlined words "a wise guy" in paragraph 3 probably mean "______ ". A. somebody wise C. an opposite word 28. The last paragraph is written to show A. English is important C. human beings are creative B. a valuable chance D. a stupid person . B. a word may have several definitions D. why people invented English C Sometimes people call each other " scared cat" , but have you ever thought about this
expression? When a cat is frightened, its heart starts beating faster, its muscles get tense, and there are changes in the chemicals in its blood-stream. If the danger continues, this animal will do one of
the two things. It will defend itself, or it will run away as fast as it can. Something like this also happens to people. When we are excited, angry, scared, or aroused by other emotions, our bodies go through many physical changes. Our hearts beat faster, and our muscles get tense. All of these changes make us more alert and ready to react. We, too, get ready to defend ourselves or run. Human beings, however, have a problem. If we give way to our feelings and let them take over, we can get into trouble. Have you ever said something in anger - and regretted later? Have you ever shouted at a teacher or told somebody you were lonely and then wished later you had kept your mouth shut? It isn't always wise to express your feelings freely. Does this mean that it's always smarter to hide our feelings? No! If you keep feelings like anger hidden away or bottled up inside, your body stays tense. Physical illnesses can develop, and you can feel disturbed badly inside. It can actually be bad for your health. Feelings that you keep all bottled up inside don't just go away. It's as if you bought some bananas and stuck them in a cupboard. You might not be able to see them, but before long you'd smell them. And if you opened the cupboard, chances are you'd see little fruit flies hovering(盘旋) all over them. They'd be rotten. You can try to treat emotions as if they were bananas in the cupboard. You can hide them and you can pretend they
don't exit, but they'll still be around. And at last you'll have to deal with them, just like those bananas. 29. The best title for this article is A. What Happens to An Excited Person C. Emotions Affect Our Bodies B. What Happens to A Frightened Cat D. Feelings That People Have
30. According to the passage, human beings get into trouble because ______. A. they are not as alert as animals B. they always do something wrong to other people C. they sometimes can't control their feelings D. they don't pay attention to their physical changes 31. The underlined word "it" in paragraph 3 refers to________. A. bad emotion B. a bottle C. physical illness D. a rotten banana
32. The author mainly intends to tell us to _______ . A. make us face the problem that we have to deal with feelings B. give us some advice on how to express our feelings C. tell us that it isn't good to keep feelings inside D. make us know that it isn't always wise to express our feelings freely D American scientists have developed the first material that repairs itself. The material is a form of plastic that has been engineered to fill breaks in its surface. Plastics are used today in everything. Scientists wanted to find a way to make objects made of plastic last longer. The researchers hope their new discovery can be used to make objects that are difficult or impossible to replace. The surface of plastic objects breaks over time. Very small breaks develop every time a plastic object is used. The researchers wanted to find out how to stop plastic from developing small breaks that weaken and destroy it. They found the answer in the chemical structure of plastic itself. The research team found a way to make plastic that contains very small balloons filled with monomer(单 体) liquid. When the new plastic cracks, the monomer liquid is let out and flows into the crack. Thus the break is repaired. The repaired plastic has seventy-five percent of the strength of undamaged plastic.
The new self-repairing plastic is not yet ready for production. But it has several possible uses. One could be in space vehicles where parts cannot be repaired or replaced. Another possible use might be in bridges. And it could be used in people, to replace bone joints that have become broken or damaged. 33. The passage mainly talks about_______ . A. plastic that repairs itself C. permanent material invented B. the chemical structure of plastic D. small balloons that makes plastic stronger
34. We know from the passage that the repair is done as_______. A. the cracked plastic parts are changed C. the liquid is put into the plastic cracks B. the plastic cracks D. the plastic is made
35. The scientist are planning to use the new material in space vehicles, bridges and people because________. A. the plastic parts in them are required to last longer B. they want to experiment in these places first C. the new material cannot be used elsewhere D. the plastic parts in them are easily broken or damaged 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余选 项。 Happy birthday! Do birthdays really makes people happy? 36 Birthdays celebrates the day when we were born. Besides, that extra candle on the cake suggest another year of growth and maturity（成熟）—or so we hope．We all like to imagine that we are getting wiser and not just older．Most of us enjoy seeing the wonder of growth in others, as well．For instance, seeing our children develop and learn new things makes us feel proud．For Americans, like people in most cultures, growing up is a wonderful process．But growing old? 37
Growing old is not exactly for people in youth-oriented （以年轻人为中心） American culture． 38 As the old saying goes, “You’re young as you feel． ” Older people joke about
how many years young they are, rather than how many years old． People in some countries value the aged as a source of experience and wisdom．But Americans seem to favor those that are young, or at least “young at heart”． Many older Americans find the “golden years” to be anything but golden．Economically,
“senior citizens” often struggle just to get by．Retirement at the age of 65 brings a sharp decrease in personal income．Social security benefits usually cannot make up the difference．Older people may suffer from poor nutrition, medical care, and housing. 39 American sociologist Pat Moore
once dressed up like an older person and wandered city streets．She was often treated rudely--even cheated and robbed．However, dressed as a young person, she received much more respect． 40 Why? People are living longer．Fewer babies are being born．And middle-aged
“baby boomers” are rapidly entering the group of the elderly．America may soon be a place where wrinkles（皱纹）are “in”．Marketing experts are already noticing this growing group of consumers． A.That is a different story. B. Most people in America like the young. C. Of course they do. D. Some even experience age discrimination（歧视). E. People in America grow larger every year. F. Most Americans like to look young, act young and feel young． G. Unfortunately, the elderly population in America is increasing fast． 第三部分英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填人空白 处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 On August 26, 1999, New York City experienced a torrential downpour. The rain caused the streets to __41__ and the subway system almost came to a stop. Unfortunately, this happened during the morning rush hour. Many people who were going to work were __42__ to go home. Some battled to __43__ a taxi or to get on a bus. Still others faced the __44__ bravely, walking miles to get to work. I __45__ to be one of the people on the way to work that morning. I went from subway line to subway line only to find that most __46__ had stopped. After making my way __47__ crowds of people, I finally found a subway line that was __48__. Unfortunately, there were so many people waiting to __49__ the subway that I could not even get down the stairs to the __50__. So I took the train going in the opposite direction, and then switched back to the downtown train. Finally, after what seemed like an forever, the train __51__ my stop. Then I had to walk several blocks in the increasingly heavy rain. When I finally got to my office, I was __52__ through, exhausted and
__53__. My co-workers and I spent most of the day drying off. When it was 5:00 pm，I was ready to go home. I was about to turn off my computer __54__ I received an email from Garth, my Director: I would like to thank all of you who made the effort and __ 55__ reported to work. It is always reassuring(令人欣慰), at times like these, when employees so clearly show their __56__ to their jobs. Thank you. Garth’s email was short, but I learned more from that __57__ message than I ever did from a textbook. The email taught me that a few words of __58__ can make a big difference. The rainstorm and the traffic __59__ had made me tired and upset. But Garth’s words immediately__60__ me and put a smile back on my face. 41. A. break 42. A. forced 43. A. order 44. A. weather 45. A. used 46. A. practice 47. A. to 48. A. operating 49. A. check 50. A. street 51. A. paused 52. A. wet 53. A. ashamed 54. A. while 55. A. hardly 56. A. devotion 57. A. accurate 58. A. promise 59. A. troubles 60. A. corrected B. flood B. refused B. pay B. scenery B. promised B. demand B. through B. cycling B. carry B. ground B. crossed B. weak B. discouraged B. when B. casually B. reaction B. vital B. appreciation B. signals B. supported C. sink C. adjusted C. call C. storm C. deserved C. process C. over C. turning C. find C. floor C. reached C. sick C. surprised C. where C. absolutely C. investigation C. brief C. advice C. rules C. amazed
D. crash D. gathered D. search D. burden D. happened D. service D. for D. rushing D. board D. platform D. parked D. hurt D. puzzled D. after D. finally D. relation D. humorous D. guidance D. signs D. refreshed
第二节（共 10 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 First aid is of ____61____ (important) in our life. There is no doubt ____62___ it is necessary to know some knowledge of first aid as dangers lie everywhere and accidents happen from time to time. If a person has an accident, he needs medical care before a doctor can___63___(find) . But in the process of first aid, 64 the injured will be properly treated ___65___(depend) on
your knowledge of first aid . As ___66__ famous journalist, Yan Song leads a very simple life. But he not only has a good nose ___67____news, but also has ___68___(admire) professional first aid skills, because he thinks if we know ____69___about first aid, perhaps a life can be saved. Everybody should know some first aid in order to save other people's lives. Let’s take delight in ___70___(acquire) skills of first aid. 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改同桌写的以下作文。文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧ ），并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 I still remember how nervously I was on my first day in the new school three years before. I found it how difficult to follow my teacher in first English class. She spoke in English throughout the class ，that was totally different as the lessons I had taken before. In the morning class the next day, my English teacher came to me while she was reading the text aloud. After listen to me for a while, she gave me a big smile and said she like my voice very much. The smile shone on the whole day and for several day. Thanks to the smile, I began to be confident.
- 10 -
书面表达（满分 25 分）
假定你是李华，正在美国的阿肯色州中部城市 Little Rock 读书，想在这个暑假里找一份 饭店服务员的工作。下面的广告引起了你的注意，请你给联系人写一封信，询问相关情况。 信中需说明你的问题（广告下方已列出） 。 Server Wanted Contact: Joseph Smith City: Little Rock Post Code: 72223 Posted in: Little Rock Restaurant Jobs JOB PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to create a unique and personal experience for Buffalo Wild Wings’ guests by effectively presenting food and drink options in a friendly and enthusiastic manner. Your questions: 1. Height and age limitation? 3. Spare-time or full-time? 5. Pay? 注意：1. 词数 120 左右；2. 可以适当增加细节，以使行文连续。 参考词汇：服务员，侍者 server Dear Mr. Smith, ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ 2. Working experience? 4. Days per week?
- 11 -
________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________ Yours sincerely, Li H
听力：1-5 CBCBA 阅读：21-25 DACBB 完形： 6-10 BCABA 11-15 CBABC 16-20 BCCBA 36-40 CAFDG 56- 60 ACBAD
26-30 BDCCC 31-35 CAABD 46-50DBADD
41-45 B A C C D
语法填空： 61 importance 62 that 63 is found 64 whether 65 depends 66 a 67 for 68 admirable 69 something 70 acquiring 改错： 1. nervously-----nervous 5.that----which 10. day----days 范文： Dear Mr. Smith, I am Li Hua, a Chinese student studying in Little Rock. I happened to read your ad for a server in a newspaper and I am interested in it. But I still have a few questions about it, so I am writing the letter to you. Firstly, I am a boy of 17, and I am not sure whether you have special requirements about height and age. Secondly, I have no working experience, for I am just a high school student. Thirdly, I wonder whether it is a spare-time job or a full-time one. In addition, I am eager to know how many days I’ll work per week and how much the pay is. I am looking forward to your early reply. Best wishes, Yours sincerely, Li Hua
- 12 -
2.before-----ago 7.she ----I
3.how 去 掉
4.in 和 first 之 间 加 the 9.like---liked
- 13 -