? We can use a mobile phone to call people / take photos/ play music/ send messages/ send emails/ take the video / play games/go online/ tell the time ……
Module 4 New technology
Unit 2 If a snake bites you, take a photo.
Learn the new words.
Match the words with the pictures:
bite dish chest hurt appear hide medicine
Another new words ?Save one’s life挽救某人的生命 ?cool adj. 冷静的；凉爽的 ?wrong adj. 失常的；错误的 ?Suggest v. 建议；提出
Look at the picture and say what’s happening.
Job? / where? / what…doing?
Choose the best answer:
1. When the snake bit Mr Jackson, it was___? A. Hiding in a box of bananas B. Climbing out of a box of bananas C. Lying under a dish D. Climbing into the fridge
Mr Jackson threw the snake across the room probably because________.
A.He was surprised B. He wanted to get a better photo C. His chest began to hurt
D. The fridge door was open
3. Mr Jackson closed the fridge door so that _________. A. he could take a photo B. the snake couldn’t go back to the zoo C. the snake became cool D. he was safe from the snake
4. The doctors gave Mr Jackson the right medicine when_______. A. London Zoo told them what kind of snake it was B. Mr Jackson sent the photo to the hospital C. he left hospital the next day D. the snake bit him
Put the sentences in the right order:
( 4 ) Then the snake climbed into a fridge. ( 2 ) One day， Mr Jackson was cooking in the kitchen. ( 3 ) A snake bit him on the hand.
( 6 ) He showed the photo to the doctors and they gave him the right medicine. ( 1 ) Mr Jackson was a cook.
( 5 ) He took a photo of the snake with his mobile phone.
1.Mr Jackson was a cook. 2.One day Mr Jackson was cooking in the kitchen. 3.A snake bit him on the hand. 4.Then the snake climbed into a fridge. 5.He took a photo of the snake with his mobile phone. 6.He showed the photo to the doctors and they gave him the
Important & difficult points
1. It may save your life.
Save vt./vi. (saved, saving ,常与from
e.g. I saved the animals from the
e.g. We should save oil, or else there won't be any left in the
2. This is the surprising advice of a British cook.
e.g. some advice
a piece of advice
take one's advice
3. pick up 1)拿起；拾起； e.g. pick up a book 捡起一本书 pick up…from… 从……捡起……
e.g. He picked up the pen from the floor.
I will pick you up at the station. 我将用车去车站接你。
You should pick up your room.It’s so dirty. 你该收拾你的房间了，它很脏。
? 4. I threw it arcoss the kitchen, …… 辨析across,over,through与 cross ⑴across 横过，穿过，指在平面上从一边 到另一边。 ⑵over 越过，跨过，着重指从上方跨过。 ⑶through 从……（当中）穿过，指从一 定的空间中经过 ⑷cross 作动词：横过，穿过
? 1). He help the old man go across _________the road.
through ? 2).The road goes ____________ the forest. over ? 3). Don’t jump _______ the fence(栏栅）. ? 4). Don’t _________the road.The lights cross are red now.
6. …his hand began to ache
ache vi. （ached, aching ）疼痛 e.g. I ache all over. 我浑身疼痛。 Her head ached all night. 她的头整夜都疼。
headache, toothache, earache, stomachache
Answer the questions about the words in the box.
Firdge hurt kind land smile throw
1.What part of your body hurt after exercise?
Legs and arms may hurt after exercise.
2. What part of your body do you use to throw something?
I may use my hands and arms to throw something.
3. What happens if you put food in a
The fridge keeps the food cool and fresh for a longer time.
4. What kind of food do you advise people to eat because it’s good for them?
I advise people to eat healthy food like fruit and vegetables.
? 5. When do you smile at people?
When I’m happy or I like them. ? 6. Where has something been just before it lands? It has been in the air.
Homework for today:
1)Copy the words in Unit 2 2)Read the passage
3)Retell the story