本试卷分第Ⅰ卷和第Ⅱ卷两部分。共 120 分，考试时间 120 分钟。
第Ⅰ卷（共 80 分）
第一部分：听力(共两节，满分 20 分) 略 第二部分：语言知识及应用(共两节，满分 20 分) 第一节 完
形填空(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 21—30 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选 出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 Christmas Day, the 25th of December, is the biggest festival celebrated in the Christian countries of the world. Although 21 enjoys Christmas Day, it is particularly enjoyed by children, who get very 23 22 because of the presents they know they are going to . Small children believe that their presents are brought by Father Christmas. Father
Christmas is a kind of old man who, the children 24 , lives at the North Pole. He travels 25 the sky on a sleigh( 雪撬) which is pulled by reindeers( 驯鹿) and loaded with( 装满) 26 . Stopping on the roof of houses, he enters by climbing the chimney( 烟 囱). 27 small children go to bed on Christmas Eve, they hang a stocking at the end of 28 Father Christmas, 29 he their beds. Their parents warn them not to try to
will not leave them anything. When they wake, they find their stockings filled with presents. Children are very excited on Christmas morning and always wake up 30 . 21. A. the child B. the grown-up C. everyone D. someone 22. A. excited 23. A. buy 24. A. know 25. A. on 26. A. food 27. A. When 28. A. visit 29. A. or B. angry B. receive B. think B. round B. sweats B. After B. believe B. and C. worried C. give C. are said C. through C. stars C. Since C. look for C. but D. surprised D. make D. are told D. in D. presents D. Because D. look at D. for
30. A. late B. early C. on time D. hurriedly 第二节 语法填空(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 阅读下面短文，按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求，在空格处填入一个 适当的词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空，并将答案填写在答题卡标号为 2l-30 的 相应位置上。 One day, Henry Adam, an American businessman, sailed out of the bay. 31 (luck) he was carried out to sea by a strong wind. Just when hope was about gone, he was
picked up by a ship for London. In the ship he earned his passage by pay, as a common sailor. When he got to London he was almost 32 (work) without 33 .(penny)
On the following morning Henry was wandering on the pavement, when a window behind him was raised, and a gentleman asked him to step in. He 34 (show) into a room where a couple of elderly gentlemen were sitting. A couple of days 35 these two old and wealthy brothers had been having a hot argument what might happen to a stranger in London without a friend, and with no money 36 a million-pound bank-note. One said he 37 (starve) to death; the other said he wouldn't. So they agreed to decide it by a bet. They wrote a 38 with the million-pound bank-note in it. Then the two brothers sat at the window a whole day watching for the right man to give it to until Henry came along. After they had his story, one of 39 handed Henry an envelope, and said he would find the explanation ins ide. After promising his leave. 第三部分：阅读(共两节，满分 40 分) 第—节 阅渎理解(共 15 小题；41--45 每小题 3 分，46--55 每小题 2 分，满分 35 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、 B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡 上将该项涂黑。 A One evening in November, Berlin received a telephone call from Mrs. Green. “Please, Dr Berlin, come to my house. I had 50,000 dollars on my desk and now it is gone. ” Dr Berlin arrived at Mrs. Green’s house at eight o’clock. First he asked Mrs. Green, “When did you see the money last?” “At seven o’clock. I put it on my desk in my living room. Then I went to wash my hair. I came back at seven thirty and the money was gone. ” “I see. ” Dr Berlin said. “Were you alone in the house?” “No. My sister ’s son Jack is here, too. ” Then Dr Berlin and Mrs. Green went to Jack’s room. “Please, sit down, ” Jack said. Dr Berlin sat on the only chair in the room, and the chair was cold. He also saw some books on the ground near his feet. “What have you been doing this evening?” Dr Berlin asked. “I came home at six-thirty, and went right to my room. I’ve been sitting in that chair and reading all the evening. I never got up and I never left the room. Maybe somebody came into the house and took my aunt ’s money. ” After hearing that, Dr Berlin was clear about who had taken the money. 41. When did Dr Berlin answer the phone from Mrs. Green? A. At 6:30 B. At 7:00 C. After 7:30 42. Where did Mrs. Green put her money? A. In her living room. C. In Jack’s room. D. At 8:00 40 to open it until 2 o’clock, Henry took
B. In her washing room. D. In her office.
43. When did the thief take Mrs. Green’s money? A. Before Mrs. Green came back home. B. When Jack was reading. C. After Mrs. Green went to wash her hair. D. When Dr Berlin was answering the phone. 44. Who was Jack? A. Mrs. Green’s son. C. Mrs. Green’s husband. 45. Which of the following is WRONG? A. Mrs. Green didn’t live alone. B. Jack had given a careless reply. C. Dr Berlin found out who had taken the money. D. Jack had been really reading books all that evening. B In ancient times, people thought that their gods lived on the tops of mountains. They therefore believed that anything above them was nearer to their gods than they. Naturally, they thought that birds were messengers from the gods. People also believed that birds carried their souls to the gods when they died. There were many beliefs about how to treat birds. Some people even believed that killing a bird was an act against the gods and would bring bad luck. In some parts of the United States, people still believe that if they hear an owl ( 猫头鹰) in the early evening, it means death. Another link with these past beliefs is in an English expression. People no longer believe that birds are messengers of the gods, but when someone knows a secret about another person, he or she might say, “A little bird told me about it.” We know, of course, that birds can’t talk and that owls don’t really mean death, yet we still have these superstitions （迷信）. Many sailors believe that if they see an albatross ( 信 天翁), it will bring bad luck to their ship. People all over the world use the dove ( 鸽) as a symbol of peace and feel good when they see one. North Americans think of the eagle as a symbol of freedom, and some people still hold that dreaming a bird means that they are seeing the loss of a soul. 46. Ancient people thought that ________. A. their gods lived on tree tops B. their gods lived high above them C. their gods could fly high D. birds would bring bad luck 47. Ancient people considered the birds as messengers because ________. A. birds could carry their letters to the gods B. birds would send their souls to the gods C. birds lived higher above them D. birds also lived in the mountains 48. When people say “A little bird told me about it”, they ________. A. do not really mean that birds can talk B. mean they do believe the message is brought by a bird B. Mrs. Green’s nephew. D. Mrs. Green’s friend.
C. mean that it was a bird that told them the secret D. are only joking 49. The birds mentioned in the passage which refer to bad luck are ________. A. eagles and doves B. eagles and albatrosses C. owls and eagles D. albatrosses and owls 50. The passage talks about superstitions ________. A. in the United States C. in England C Lake Michigan, the second largest of the Great Lakes, is the only Great Lake entirely within the borders of the United States. Its name is derived from the Indian words "Michi-gama" meaning "large lake”. And it is large. It has a surface area of 22,300 square miles, making it the largest freshwater lake in the U.S. and the 5th largest lake in the world. Lake Michigan was formed during the last Great Ice Age as glaciers advanced across what is now called the Great Lakes Region. As they receded ( 退走 ), large glacial lakes were formed. Lake Michigan has diminished ( 变小 ) from its original size over time yet its significance to both human and natural ecosystems ( 生态系统 ) remains strong. About 10,000 to 14,000 years ago, at the end of the Great Ice Age, ancient peoples traveled over extinct land bridges to the Great Lakes region. These Woodland Indians depended on the vast forests of the region for their survival and engaged in various forms of agriculture. European settlers were also drawn to the shores of Lake Michigan because of its natural resources. Today Lake Michigan is home to the nation’s third -largest population center and provides drinking water for over 10 million people. 51. Lake Michigan is ___________. A. the largest freshwater lake of the world C. one of the Great Lakes 52. Who first came to the Great Lakes Region? A. Ancient Indians. C. American blacks. B. European settlers. D. Ancient farmers. B. the second largest lake of the world D. the border of the United States B. in Europe and America D. all over the world
53. Which of the following is NOT the living way of the Woodland Indians? A. Hunting. B. Fishing. C. Farming. D. Mining. 54. Lake Michigan is home to a large population because _______. A. it is a large lake. C. it is very beautiful. B. it has rich natural resources. D. it is very cool here.
55. Which of the following statements is true according to the passage? A. Lake Michigan becomes larger and larger. B. Lake Michigan was formed because it rained a lot here. C. Lake Michigan plays an important role in the natural ecosystems. D. Lake Michigan was named by the European settlers.
第二节 任务型阅读 (共 3 小题；每个空 1 分，满分共 5 分) 仔细阅读上面短文，然后根短文内容填空，用你自己的词汇填空。所选词汇不能 用原文词汇，但其意思要与原文意思相符。共 5 个空，每个空只填一个单词。 It is quite usual to drink cocktails before lunch and dinner in America and somewhat less usual, except in California, to drink wine with a meal. You can either have a cocktail in the bar, if there is one, while you wait for a table or for friends, or you can have one served before your dinner comes. At some restaurants the waiter/waitress will come to your table as soon as you sit down to ask if you want a cocktail, and you can then drink this while deciding what to order to eat. At others, there may be a separate cocktail waiter or waitress. In this case, you do not normally order wine from him or her but from the normal waiter. Do not hesitate （犹豫） to order Californian wines. They can be excellent and in many parts of the country are cheap. 56. People _____________ drink cocktails before lunch and dinner in America. 57. When there is a separate cocktail waiter or waitress, you order wine from a normal waiter ___________ and cheap. _______ him or her. 58. The customer is strongly ______ to order Californian wines _____ they are excellent
第 II 卷
（满分共 40 分）
I. 单词拼写：根据首字母或中文意义， 在下列空白处填入适当的单词。 （每题 1 分，共 10 分。 ） 1. The b____________ of Dr Sun Yet sen is in Zhongshan, not far away from Guangzhou. 2. Do not give the baby meat to eat, because he cannot d_________ it. 3. The girl only eats vegetables and fruit in order to keep s_______. 4. Let me know the time of your a___________, so I can meet you at the railway station. 5. Her shoulder touched his as s___________ as a butterfly touches a flower. 6. My vocabulary is so ________( 有限 ) that I can’t explain the word. 7. She has _________( 原谅 ) me for what I said to her yesterday. 8. The store has more _________( 顾客 ) than it can take care of. 9. Last week a typhoon hit the area __________( 猛烈地 ), causing great damage. 10. Wood _________ ( 漂浮 ) on water, but a stone will sink. II. 短语填空： 从下面方框中选择合适的的短语填入下列句子的空格中， 每个空格只填 一个单词。 （每题 1 分，共 5 分。 ） remind…of; look forward to; before long; by accident; prevent …from; catch sight of; on the contrary 11. Yesterday I met my old friend who I had not seen for years in the street _____ ______. 12. The story you have just told me ________ me _______ an experience I once had.
13. Keep on working hard and _______ _________ you will become a social success. 14. We are all _______ _______ ______ the beginning of Beijing Olympic Games. 15. They were ________ ________ catching the train on time by a heavy traffic. III. 完成句子：根据所给汉语完成下列句子。 （共 10 分） 16．很显然那个男孩被电脑游戏迷住了。 （本题满分 2 分） ____________________________ the boy is crazy about the computer game. 17．地上很湿；昨夜一定下雨了。 （本题满分 2 分） The ground is wet, so _______________________________. 18．计算机能识别人的声音的想法使很多人感到惊奇。 （本题满分 3 分） The idea _______________________________ surprises many people. 19. 他确实是在动身前往机场时才得知这个消息的。 ___________________________________ that he got the news. （本题满分 3 分） IV . 书面表达（满分 15 分） 假设你叫 Jessie，你的加拿大笔友 James 正在广州一所学校交流学习。你邀请他 参加你校举办的雷锋日活动。请你根据下面的海报介绍活动的有关情况，并向他讲述 雷锋日活动的来由和意义。 Welcome To Our Lei Feng Day 活动时间：3 月 5 日 参加人员：全校学生 活动内容：1.阅读雷锋日记； 2.观看雷锋电影； 3.参加清洁社区和学校等志愿活动。 写作内容： 请根据上述信息，写一封信，必须包括以下的内容： 1． 雷锋日的来由：雷锋是一名优秀士兵，他工作出色，为人民做了很多好事。为了 纪念雷锋同志，人们会在 3 月 5 日这一天开展很多志愿者活动。 2． 雷锋日的活动时间，参加人员和内容。 3. 雷锋日对中国中学生的意义。 参考词汇： do good deeds for ，provide volunteer services 写作要求： 1．必须包括以上提供的内容要点，可以适当增加细节，使内容连贯完整； 2．词数：100 字左右。 Dear James, I’d like to invite you to our Lei Feng Day. ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________
I do hope you can join us and have fun on that day. Yours sincerely, Jessie