2b Read the passage and complete the fact sheet on page 63.
Summarizing 总结；归纳 While reading, make notes or
underline the main ideas in the text. After readi
ng, write a short summary in your own words. This can help you better understand the text.
A Country Music Song Changed Her Life Forever When Sarah was a teenager, she used to fight over almost everything with her family. But five years ago, while she was studying abroad in England, she heard a song full of feelings about returning home on the radio. It made Sarah think about her family and friends back in the US. She came to realize how much she actually missed all of them. Ever since then, she has been a fan of American country music. 总结 用你自己的话
2b Read the passage and complete the fact sheet on page 63.
A Country Music Song Changed Her Life Forever
used to do sth. 过去常常做某事
When Sarah was a teenager, she used to fight over almost
fight over=fight about “因为某事而争论
everything with her family. But five years ago, while she was
studying abroad in England, she heard a song full of feelings
通过收音机或无线电的方式 在国外学习 一首充满感情的歌曲
about returning home on the radio. It made Sarah think about
her family and friends back in the US. She came to realize
how much she actually missed all of them. Ever since then, she has
been a fan of American country music.
1. on the radio 意为“通过收音机或无线电的方式” ? 类似的有： on TV 在电视上 ;通过电视 on the telephone 在电话上 ;通过电话 on the computer 在电脑上;通过电脑
2. She came to realize how much she actually missed all of them.
come to do sth. 意为“事情逐渐或终于达到某种状态”.
When you get older , you will come to realize the importance of knowledge .
一种传统音乐 Country is a traditional kind of music from the southern states
of America. Nashville, Tennessee is the home of country music. 这些日子 例如 Many songs these days are just about modern life in the US, such as
belong to sb.属于某人 the importance of money and success, but not about belonging to a bring sb. back to…把某人带回…… 美好的过去 group. However, country music brings us back to the “good old days” 互相信任 when people were kind to each other and trusted one another. It
免费的 be kind to sb.=be friendly to sb.对某人友好
reminds us that the best things in life are free—laughter, friends, 自然和乡村的美丽 family, and the beauty of nature and the countryside.
Sarah hasn’t been to Nashville yet, but it is her dream to go
It’s one’s dream to do sth. 去做某事是某人的梦想 there one day. She has already read a lot about the place and done
some research on it. She knows that there is a Country Music Hall of Fame Museum in Nashville. There are also always a lot of great
介词，具有 ……中的大部分 介词，像 关于=about
country music concerts with famous musicians and singers, like Garth Brooks. Sarah has already listened to most of his songs.
“Garth is one of the most successful musicians in American history.
He’s sold more than 120 million records. I hope to see him sing live one day!”
1. When Sarah was a teenager, she used to fight over almost everything with her family. used to 过去常常，后跟动词原形。 e.g. She used to sing this song, but now she doesn’t. 她过去经常唱这首歌，但是现在不唱了。 比较：be used to doing sth. 习惯于做某事
2. Ever since then, she has been a fan of American country music. ever since then 从那时以来，与现在 完成时连用，要求动词必须是延续 性动词。 e.g. Ever since then, I _____________ have lived (live)here. 从那时以来,我就住在这儿。
3. It reminds us that the best thing in life is free…. 1) reminds sb. +that+句子 :使某人想起某事 e.g. This book reminds me that I should study hard. 这本书提醒我应该努力学习。
2) remind sb. to do sth.提醒某人去做某事 3）remind sb. of sth.提醒某人想起某事
4. Sarah hasn’t been to Nashville yet, but it is her dream to go there one day. It’s one’s dream to do sth.
e.g. It is my dream to go to a key university.
5. I hope to see him sing live one day!
1) hope to do sth. 希望去做某事 2) live （副词adv. ）意为“在现场直播；在现场表演”
e.g. The musician LangLang is playing live in our city tonight. 音乐家朗朗今晚在我们城市举办现场演奏。
6. I hope to see him sing live one day! 1）see sb. do sth. 表示“看见某人做了某事”（强调看 到了动作的全过程） 2）比较：see sb. doing sth.意为“看到某人正在做某事” （强调看到的动作正在进行） 例如： 1.Mary saw him _______the classroom just now. clean 玛丽刚才看见他打扫教室了。 cleaning 2.Mary saw him _______the classroom when she came in. 进来的时候，玛丽看见他正在打扫教室。
have / has been to+地点 与 have / has gone to+地点
(1) I have been to Beijing three times. 我去过北京三次。 (2) Where is he? He has gone to the library.
have/has been to+地点 __________________________ 表示曾经去过某地，已经返原地； have/has gone to+地点 ______________________________ 表示去了某地，还未返回。 1. Tom _____ has ______ been to Shanghai before. And he hopes to go there again. has gone 2. My brothers _____ ____to the US. They will be back in two weeks. 3. — _____ you ever_____ to France ? ( D ) — Yes, I have. I went there in 2012.
A. Did, go B.Do , go
C. Have , gone D. Have , been
Read the passage and complete the fact sheet.
Country Music Fact Sheet Where it is from: ___________________ the southern states __________ of America What kind of music it is: _____________ country music
A famous country music place in Nashville: Country _______________ Music Fall of Fame Museum A famous country music singer:
____________ Garth Brooks The number of records he has sold: _____________ 120 million
2c Read the passage again and underline the main ideas. Then use
the underlined text to write short answers to the questions
First paragraph Who is Sarah? She is a fan of country music.
Where is she from? She is from the US. What does she like?
She likes country music.
Second paragraph What is country music? It is a traditional kind of music from the southern states of American. What is country music about? Many songs are about modern life in the US, such as the importance of money, success, free, friends, family, the beauty of nature and so on.
Third paragraph What is Sarah’s dream? To go Nashville one day. Who is Garth Brooks? Garth is one of the most successful musicians in American history.
Use the notes you made in 2c to write a short summary of the passage. Write 不多于；不超过 no more than 100 words.
Think of a singer or writer you know well. Make a list of facts of 3a
him /her. Think of the following: 1. Who is the singer/writer? 2. When did the singer/writer first become famous? 3. How and why did he/she first become famous? write写 4. What famous songs/books has he/she recorded/written? When?
5. How many CDs/books has he/she sold? 6. How did you find out about him/her? 7. Is he/she still popular today? 8. Have you introduced this singer/writer to others? 9. How do you feel about his/her music/ books? sing 唱 10. Have you ever played/sung his/her songs yourself? find out 找出；查明（指经过一番努力找到问题的答案 或查明事情的真相） introduce sb. to sb. 把某人介绍给某人
Write an article about the singer or writer. Here are some words and phrases you can use.
? ? ? ? ? ?
the first line in the song/book the book/song was written/recorded by enjoyed success in successful song/CD/book I listen to this song/read this book when … The song/book makes me feel …
Sample writing: My favorite singer is Jay Chou (Zhou Jielun). It took him a few years to become famous. While Jay wrote songs for other pop singers, he also records CDs for himself. His first record was come out in 2000, and since then, he has made one record per year. His records have enjoyed great success in many countries, and his songs are popular with listeners of all ages.
I like his music very much. It is pop music, but it has a mix of other kinds of music, such as R&B, rap, and rock. Many of his songs are about the world we live in. One of my favorite songs is Dao Xiang, which encourages people not to give up even when life is difficult. I feel happy and full of energy when I listen to his songs. I have introduced my best friend to Jay’s songs, and he enjoys the songs, too!
1. 引用人物的一部作品，提出问题。 2. 作品来源并引出要评价的对象。 3. 有影响力的作品是什么。 4. 作品的影响。 5. 感受或受到的启发是什么。 6. 检查语法和词数。
I. Fill in the blanks with the correct words in the box.
down, of, about, back, up 1. What do you think _____ of this dress? Do you think it looks good on me?
look good on sb. 看起来适合某人
2. The little boy was so hungry that he didn’t put his spoon _____ down at all. He just kept on eating.
so+形容词或副词+that+句子 “如此…..以致于……” not…at all 根本不；一点儿也不 keep on doing sth. 持续做某事
3. She grew ____ up in a small town, although she lives in a big city now. 4. For homework, our teacher told us to about our summer vacation. write _____ 5. At the end of the day, the bus brought
us _____ back to our school.
at the end of 在……的末尾
II. Fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the words in brackets. 1. I _______ joined (join) the book club last month and I _________ have read (read) five books already. 2. I only _______ started (start) taking French classes last week and I ___________ have learned (learn) 50 French words already.
3. Tony ________ bought (buy) a pop music CD yesterday but he hasn’t ____________ listened (listen) to it yet. 4. They ___________ have listened (listen) to many songs by The Beatles, but they cannot _____ sing (sing) any of them. 5. She ____ saw (see) the newspaper on the 今天早晨 table this morning, but she hasn’t _________ had (have) anytime to read it yet.
Fill in the blanks. 1. His name is on the book, so it b______ elongs to him. 2. M_____ illions of people go abroad every year.
3. What ____ else (别的) would you like?
4. Hainan Island is in the ________ southern (south) part of China. 5. He works hard. His s______ uccess is due.
1.—Where is John? —He ______ the science lab. A. A has gone to B. has been to C. went to 2.—Where is my sister, mum? —She ___ to the library. She will be back soon. A. has been B. is going C. has gone D. will go C
3.—May I speak to Lin Tao?
—Sorry, he is not in.
—He ______ to Changsha. A. has been B. B has gone C. went