By Shi Jingdou&Sun Wei
第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中 选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时 间来回答有关
小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 例：How much is the shirt? A. ￡19.15. B.￡9.15. C.￡9.18. 答案是 B。 1. When will they have the meeting? A. At 9:10 tomorrow. B. At 9:10 today. C. At 10:30 today. 2. Why is the man going to Cambridge? A. To visit his parents. B. To work there. C. To attend school. 3. How will the woman go to work probably? A. By subway. B. In the man’s car. C. By bus. 4. Where are the speakers? A. At a zoo. B. At a kindergarten. C. At a shop. 5. What does the woman mean? A. No call came in. B. There were many calls. C. She only answered one call. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将 有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟； 听完后， 各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。 每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 小题 6. Why does the woman talk to the man? A. To ask for help. B. To praise someone. C. To complain about something. 7. Who is the man? A. The manager. B. The store owner. C. A customer. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题 8. What is wrong with the woman? A. She ate too much. B. She is hungry. C. She feels ill. 9. What did the man put in the soup by mistake? A. Washing powder. B. White pepper. C. Sugar. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题 10. What is waiting for the woman when she returns? A. A bike. B. A package. C. A ticket. 11. Where did the woman meet her friend? A. On the plane. B. In Holland. C. On the Internet. 12. What will the speakers probably do next? A. Drink hot chocolate. B. Get some milk. C. Send a package. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题
13. What might be the relationship between the speakers? A. Waiter and customer. B. Father and daughter. C. Friends. 14. What was the worst food the woman has ever had? A. The chicken. B. The fish. C. The French fries. 15. How does the experience affect the woman? A. She is a vegetarian now. B. She seldom eats in restaurants. C. She’s never been to Hawaii again. 16. What happened to the man speaker in the fast food restaurant? A. There was a fly in his food. B. The cook forgot to make his food. C. He was charged too much. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题 17. What can the “Kitchen Friend” be used for? A. Making bread. B. Washing vegetables. C. Making juice. 18. What do we know about the “Mini Steamer”? A. It is used to iron clothes. B. It can be used as a suitcase. C. It comes in six colors. 19. Which of the following CANNOT be used with the “Calm Case”? A. A portable CD player. B. A laptop computer. C. A desktop computer. 20. What will the speaker probably do next? A. Place orders. B. Discuss marketing. C. Take a lunch break. 第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节:单项填空(共 20 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 20 分) 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将 该项涂黑。 21. Listen to and ________what your manager is saying, regardless of whether you agree with the comments. A. object B. submit C. acknowledge D. owe 22. I am prepared to make some concession(让步) on minor(小的) details, but I cannot _______on fundamentals. A. strengthen B. compromise C. abolish D. assess 23. This one may be a little _______but I believe a good interface(界面) should be attractive. A. abundant B. controversial C. appropriate D. conscious 24. This is the desk __________which he jumped over the wall. A. in terms of B. regardless of C. by means of D. in spite of 25. If you’ve never done hill workouts （坡道训练） before, _______in the beginning, as with any exercise. A. take your time B. take it easy C. do as you like D. come on 26. Some things are hard to do in zero ______while they are easy to finish on the earth. A. identity B. theory C. potential D. gravity 27. Whether he would support the old man lying on the ground or not put him in a moral____. A. accuracy B. bother C. deposit D. dilemma
28. While they are seeing great development, there is a danger_____ they could fall further behind developing countries. A. that B. where C. what D. how 29. Life is like riding a bicycle. ______your balance, you must keep moving. A. Keeping B. To keep C. Keep D. Being kept 30._______ to help the flood-stricken area, the campaign was started by 5 college students. A.To be intended B. To intend C. Intended D. Intending 31. He suggested another approach, ______ I thought, that required managers to change their behavior and the way they spend their time. A. this B. it C. that D. one 32. As the most frequently spoken language in the world, Chinese __ in many schools in Europe. A. is teaching B is taught C. has taught D. teaches 33.Under no circumstances ______ anything that will benefit ourselves but harm the interests of our country. A. should we do B. we should do C. should we not do D. we should not do 34.Some school teachers complained, “Many kids haven’t got any hobbies_____ you call playing computer games a hobby.” A. unless B. once C. since D. if 35.—Shall we make an appointment at 9 o’clock this Sunday morning? —______. I will be available the whole morning. A. It counts for nothing B. That suits me fine C. It makes no difference D. Go right ahead 第二节：完形填空（共小 20 题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项（A、B、C、D）中选出能填入空 白处的最佳选项。 In the fall of 1985,I was a bright-eyed girl heading off to Howard University, aiming for a legal career and dreaming of sitting on a Supreme Court bench．Twenty-one years later I am still a bright-eyed 36 and one with quite a different tale to tell． My grandma, a （n） 37 woman, graduated from college at the age of 65． She was the first in our family to reach that 38 ．But one year after I entered college, she developed cancer．I made the choice to withdraw from college to 39 her．It meant that school and my personal dream would have to 40 ． Then I got married with another dream: building my family from a 41 of adopted and biological children(亲生孩子)．In 1999, we adopted our first son．A year later came our second adopted boy． 42 ,the following year ,we adopted son number three , In 2003, I gave birth to another boy． You can 43 how totally occupied I became, raising four boys under the age of eight． Our home was a complete zoo---a joyous zoo． Not surprisingly, I never did 44 it back to college full-time．But I never 45 my dream either ．I had only one choice: make it work．That meant taking as 46 as one class each semester． The hardest part was feeling 47 about the time I spent away from the boys．They often wanted me to 48 home with them．There certainly were times I wanted to 49. But I knew I should set a（n ） 50 for them to follow
through the rest of their lives． In 2007, I graduated from the University of North Carolina ．It took me over 21 years to get my college degree！ I am not 51 just single-minded(专心的)．It always 52 me that from the 53 , challenges look huge, but when you’re in the midst of them, the same ones seem 54 ．Not everything you want arrives in your life in one day．It’s a（n） 55 :Remember；little steps can lead to big dreams． 36．A．judge B．student C．housewife D．dreamer 37．A．sensitive B．ordinary C．amazing D．curious 38．A．plan B．goal C．decision D．record 39．A．care for B．search for C．push for D．stand for 40．A．drop B．wait C．expect D．keep 41．A．connection B．relation C．combination D．comparison 42．A．Therefore B．Then C．Otherwise D．Finally 43．A．imagine B．hope C．imply D．doubt 44．A．take B．make C．manage D．get 45．A．put up B．picked up C．cleaned up D．gave up 46．A．few B．little C．much D．many 47．A．satisfied B．inspired C．confused D．guilty 48．A．go B．leave C．return D．stay 49．A．break B．continue C．quit D．relax 50．A．leader B．alarm C．example D．challenge 51．A．proud B．special C．responsible D．usual 52．A．hurt B．occurred C．struck D．troubled 53．A．end B．bottom C．outside D．inside 54．A．normal B．funny C．unbearable D．strange 55．A．experiment B．solution C．performance D．process 第三部分: 阅读理解 (共15 小题; 每小题2 分, 满分30 分) 请认真阅读下列短文, 从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D 四个选项中, 选出 最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A While you may be doing everything right, ignoring just one or two steps in the process may keep you from getting a job, especially in this fierce market. Here is a checklist that covers some of the major links in the job-search chain. THE RESUME --- Make sure it is up-to-date and tailored to the types of jobs you are seeking for. Have someone else look at your resume. If you cannot afford a career coach, give your resume to friends or family members to scrutinize. Have copies of your resume printed so that you are ready to hand them out at interviews. COVERING LETTERS --- Maybe you’ve set up a few basic styles in advance, but that ’s not enough. Each covering letter should be designed to suit the job for which you are applying. THE WARDROBE(衣橱) --- Check your wardrobe to ensure that you have the appropriate professional dress, including shoes, ready for interview. NETWORKING --- Don’t isolate yourself from others for days. Network through e-mail messages, phone calls, appointments and meetings keep you in touch with the outside world and prevent you from becoming depressed. APPLICATION --- A glance at huge online job sites isn’t usually the best way to find
a job. You are more likely to succeed through the people you know via networking. THE FOLLOW—UP --- It is quite common to apply for job and never hear back from the company. Take measures, such as following up with a phone call a week or so after you apply. If you know someone at the company, check whether that person will put in a good word for you. INTERVIEWS --- If you’ve got plenty of interviews but no return calls or job offers, take a look at your interviewing skills. This is one area where investing in a career coach may pay off. But if you can’t afford one, try to find a job group or service that conducts free mock(模拟) interviews. SUPPORT SYSTEMS --- Finally, recognize that looking for job is rather difficult. Even at the best of times, a job hunt is often about rejection, and that can be hard to endure. Staying in touch with family, friends, professional networks and fellow job seekers can help you to maintain a positive attitude and a sense of perspective. 56. The author ’s purpose of writing this text is to _________. A. suggest graduates should find suitable jobs B. tell people how to improve their interview skills C. teach people how to get ready for an interview D. give people some tips on searching for jobs 57. The underlined word “scrutinize” in Paragraph 2 can be replaced by ________. A. check B. use C. rewrite D. criticize 58. What should you do if you don’t receive any calls after lots of interviews? A. Ask a fellow job seeker to help you. B. Carefully review your interviewing skills. C. Rewrite your resume as soon as possible. D. Go to the managers’ offices to find out why. 59. It is implied in the text that__________. A. people often pay no attention to writing their resume B. the interview is the most difficult step for interviewees C. your social network may help you a lot in your job hunt D. a career coach often offers free mock interviews to interviewees B. With so many unique attractions, world-famous museums and skyscrapers, there is always plenty to do in New York. However, sightseeing in New York City might not be the easiest or the cheapest experience. This is why our team of real, life-long New Yorkers have created the New York Pass. If you want to discover the best of what this amazing city offers as well as save time and money during your visit, the New York Pass is something you should be interested in. In 2012, New York Passes have been used over 2,500,000 times. Get your Pass today and join the big savings it offers:
Free Tickets to 70+ Attractions Free Entry to best attractions in NYC: Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Top of the Rock, Circle Line River Cruise, Madame Tussaud’s, Food & Wall Street Tours, MET, MoMA & Guggenheim Museum.
Over $1300 worth of entrance fees That’s how much it would cost if you went sightseeing in New York and visited all the attractions that New York Pass grants entrance to---without using the Pass.
Line skipping privileges As a New York Pass holder, you are entitled to fast track entry to some of New York City’s busiest attractions – a great benefit saving you time, so you can see even more!
Free & Fast Collection Option Not enough time for delivery? Opt(选定) for collection and you will be able to pick up your passes at Times Square just a few minutes after placing your order.
Special Offer: 15% Off 3 and 7 Day Passes Buy online & Save in New York City Offer Ends: Thu 20 Dec 2013 Available online only---in New York City you will have to pay full price
Product One-day adult pass One-day child pass (age 4-12) Two-day adult pass Two-day child pass (age 4-12) Three-day adult pass Three-day child pass (age 4-12) Seven-day adult pass Seven-day child pass (age 4-12) A. promote New York Pass C. introduce New York attractions pass? A. $290. B. $246.5
Original Price $85 $60 $130 $110 $180 $140 $230 $165 B. introduce New York Pass D. show New York attractions tickets fee
60. The purpose of this passage is to _________.
61. What could be the lowest price for a Three-day adult pass and a Two-day child . C. $263. D. $ 273.5.
62.The underlined phrase “are entitled to” most probably means “are given____ of ”. A. the name B. the privilege C. All around the world, shoppers flock to Wal-Mart to buy everything．In Texas, they come for another reason: to see the wind turbine(涡轮机) , which supplies 5% of the store's electricity．It along with other facilities, such as exterior walls coated with heat-reflective paint, makes this Wal-Mart a green giant． The laws of economics suggest that Wal-Mart, with 5, 200 stores worldwide,
C. the title
D. the honor
influences everything including the price of all kinds of goods ．It throws its weight behind environmental responsibility, and the impact could be amazing．"One little change in product packaging could have made a huge difference．" Scott wants Wal-Mart to do its part too．He has promised to cut the existing greenhouse-gas emissions （排放） over the next few years and promised to construct new stores that are more efficient．He wants Wal-Mart's fleet (车队) of more than 7, 000 trucks to get twice as many miles per gallon by 2015． Factories that show Wal-Mart they're cutting air pollution will get preferential treatment in the supply chain. Wal-Mart says it's working with consumer-product manufacturers to reduce their packaging and will reward them if they do so． Some people may doubt it is a bid to attract attention from Wal-Mart's controversial labor and health-insurance practices．But it's not just window dressing, because Wal-Mart sees profits in going green ． Scott says, "This is a business philosophy, not a social philosophy． We don't go where we don't think there's a great interest in change．" Like Bill Gates, who started his charitable foundation, Scott happens to be promoting Wal-Mart's image at a time when his company's reputation is declining．He acknowledges that he launched the plan partly to shield （保护，庇 护） Wal-Mart from bad press about its contribution to global warming．" By doing what we're doing today, we avoid the headline risks that are going to come for people who did not do anything," he says．"At some point businesses will be held responsible for the actions they take．" Meanwhile, should Wal-Mart succeed at shrinking its environmental footprint and lowering prices for green products, both the planet and the company will profit． 63. We can infer from the passage that ______． A. Lee Scott is Wal-Mart's CEO B. there are 5, 200 stores in the world C. Wal-Mart has a great influence on the world market D. Wal-Mart has more than 7, 000 trucks all over the world 64. What does the underlined sentence "This is a business philosophy, not a social philosophy．" mean in the fourth paragraph?
save 1, 500 trees," says Wal-Mart CEO Lee
Scott．"If everybody saves 1, 500 trees or 50 barrels of oil, at the end of the day you
A. Wal-Mart predicts huge profits in its green activity． B. Wal-Mart's green activity is just window dressing． C. Wal-Mart aims to solve its health-insurance practices． D. Wal-Mart doesn't have any social responsibility at all． 65. What will Wal-Mart probably do in the future? A．Reduce air pollution in its present stores． B．Give favorable treatment to its consumers． C．Ask the factories to reduce their packaging． D．Demand the fleet of trucks to use more fuel than before． 66. What is the main idea of the last paragraph? A．Provide the background of the green plan． B．Stress the purpose of Wal-Mart's green plan． C．Present the risk that Wal-Mart is facing nowadays． D．Analyze the similarity between Bill Gates and Scott. D You’ve flown halfway around the world; you’ve sniffed out (发现) this place that nobody in Falongland or Thailand seems to have ever heard of; so what on earth is there to do here? You consider this question as you sink into an old wooden beach chair that holds you above the sand. It was a long journey from Bangkok to Huaplee. By the time you found the bus station and got yourself sorted out(平静), it took almost as long as the flight from Falongland. Huaplee is located just south of Hua Hin, about two hundred kilometres from Bangkok, down the west side of the Gulf of Thailand. Not many tourists find this place, and the ones that do wonder if finding it has been their purpose all along. There’s an apparent laziness that surrounds you here. It’s what this place offers, and it’s free of charge. The small waves that tap the shoreline seem to slow everything down. You settle into your beach chair in preparation for a long rest. You sit there and watch the sea. It’s early afternoon, so the cook comes out and asks what you’d like to eat this evening. Before long he’s rushed off to the market to buy the ingredients for whatever it was that you ordered—every meal fresh and to order. No menu here. There is no poolside noise here but just that wonderfully warm, clear blue sea.
There’s no street noise. The only sounds are the murmurs of nature. For now you just count your blessings (福祉), listing them in the sand with your toe (脚趾). You don’t have to worry about being late for work. You don’t have to do anything. The beach to your right stretches off to the horizon (地平线), slowly narrowing to nothingness only to re-emerge again on your left, now steadily widening until it covers the chair beneath you. Sand to your left and sand to your right; it’s unbroken, endless. No start, no end, just sand, sun, and peace. Step off it, and you re-enter the world of traffic, stress, work, and hurry. Normally you’re the type who can’t sit still for more than ten minutes, but you’re on Huaplee Lazy Beach now and, in the right frame of mind, it stretches all the way around the world. “How could it take me so long to find it?” you wonder. 67. When the author first went to Huaplee Beach, ______. A. he found it unworthwhile C. he became sensitive to smell A. No menu. B. Free food. B. he failed to sort himself out D. he had difficulty in finding it C. Self service. D. Quick delivery.
68. What is special about the food service at Huaplee Beach? 69. In the author ’s opinion, a tourist can enjoy Huaplee Beach most when he ______. A. sits in a beach chair C. plans a detailed schedule B. forgets his daily routine D. draws pictures in the sand
70. What does the author imply by his question at the end of the passage? A. He shouldn’t have counted his blessings. B. He should have understood the wonder of nature. C. He shouldn’t have spent so much time on the trip. D. He should have come to the place earlier. 第Ⅱ 卷（非选择题 共 35 分） 第四部分：任务型阅读 （共10小题，每小题1分，满分10分） 认真阅读下列短文，并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的单 词。注意：每空格只填一个单词。 There is a kind of shopping that is called compulsive（强迫性的） shopping. Compulsive shopping is usually described as out of control and not reasonable. How can we know whether we are one of compulsive shoppers? Compulsive shoppers go out and buy things much more often than other people do. They often buy
things they do not need. Many times they will spend over their budget limits and get into deep financial trouble. While someone else will think many times if they can afford this or that thing ， compulsive shoppers will have no awareness of the boundaries of a budget. They also often hide the things they have bought in order not to be blamed by other family members. They often refuse to admit their problem and cover up their debts with cheat. Compulsive shopping usually occurs when a person feels sad，lonely or angry. Shopping will not guarantee more love，or cure the hurts，regrets，stress，and the problems of everyday life. Just the opposite, it eventually may make these feelings worse because of the increased financial problems the person has got from this addiction. Some families even lead to a divorce as compulsive shoppers spend a lot of time away from home. Treating a shopping addiction requires various approaches. The best thing to start with is to recognize the problem by compulsive shoppers themselves. First of all， don’t use their credit cards，and instead， start paying by cash. It might be useful to make a shopping list in order to buy strictly what is needed. And if there is a chance to get attracted, it might help to have just some small money and leave the wallet at home. It is also good to ask family and friends for support. And if after all these people still feel out of control， then it is recommended to seek professional advice or a selfhelp group to deal with this problem.
Title 71 Features compulsive shoppers
Compulsive shopping Uncontrollable and unreasonable shopping.
●Going shopping more often and buying 72 things. of ●Spending over their budget limits without being 73 of the boundaries of a budget. ●Keeping what they have bought 74 to avoid being blamed. ●Denying their problem and 75 to cover up their debts. ● 77 people's feelings worse because of the increased Possible financial problems. harmful 76 ●Causing a divorce. ● Recognizing the problem and __79_ using their credit cards. ●Making a shopping list. __78__ ●Taking along just some small money. ●Asking family and friends for support. ●Seeking 80 advice or a selfhelp group. 第五部分：读写任务(共 1 小题，满分 25 分)
阅读下面短文，然后按照要求写一篇 150 词左右的英语短文。 Social Practice Social practice has been more and more popular in schools. Senior school students are asked to enter society and get some ideas of it. Surely, social practice has many advantages. Firstly, social practice can offer students a chance to contact society and meet different kinds of people. In this way students can gain some precious social experience, which will be useful to their future career. Secondly, students can apply what they have learned in class to practical work, thus knowing themselves more clearly. Thirdly, social practice can bring them some financial reward and make them more independent of their family. However, some problems may arise if no correct guidance is made. For example, some students get overly interested in social practice and want to work full-time and earn more money, thus neglecting their studies. And some students are likely to get in touch with the dark side of society, which will affect their future values. In order to carry out social practice smoothly, students should first know their objective. They should put their studies in the first place and see social practice just as a useful supplement(补充), so they ought to try to strike a balance between social practice and their studies. 【写作内容】 1. 请以约 30 个词概括上文的内容; 2. 请以约 120 个词谈谈你对“社会实践”的看法，包括如下要点： (1) 谈谈社会实践的重要性; (2) 你或你朋友所经历过的一次社会实践; (3) 你认为如何协调好学习与社会实践的关系。 【写作要求】 可以用事例或者其他论述方法支持你的观点，也可以参照阅读材料的内容， 但不能直 接引用原文句子;
1-5 ABBCA 6-10 BACAB 11-15 CACBB 31—35 16-20 DBAAC 46-50ADDCC 66—70 BBABD 74.hidden 75.cheating 51-55BCCAD ACACB
21—25 CBBCB 26---30 DDABC 36-40 DCBAB 41--45CBABD 61---65 CBCAA
56—60 DABCA 71.Description 76.effects
72.unnecessary 73.aware 77.Making
78.Treatments 79.avoiding 80. professional
Suggested Versions Social practice enriches students’social experience , put their knowledge into practice and rewards them with money. However, it may affect their studies. Therefore, students should balance their studies and social practice. (35words)
Undoubtedly, social practice benefits students in many ways. Through social practice they learn what they can’t learn in class. Gradually they will become strong-willed, and enthusiastic in study and life. Two years ago, I organized a team of classmates to a Charity House where we told stories to the blind, drew beautiful pictures for the deaf. The visit made me realize that helping others should not be only an empty talk and that life is worth cherishing. Of course, we must strike a balance between study and social practice. After all, senior school stage is a vital period for students to gain knowledge. Therefore, I strongly suggest that we make full use of our spare time and holiday to participate in that.