高二 选修6 Unit 5
Review the usage of –ing form below. Examine the sentences and discuss in what way the structures similar to each other and in what way they are
Looking carefully at the ground, I made my way to the edge of the crater. The –ing form used as an adverbial.
Having experienced quite a few earthquakes in Hawaii already, I didn’t take much notice.
Having + past participle (the perfect -ing form) to refer to an action that took place before the time expressed by main verb.
1. –ing 形式作状语
时间 Walking along the street, I met Mary. (= While I was walking along the street….)在街上走的时 候，我遇到了玛丽。
原因 Being tired, I stopped to take a rest.(= Because I was tired, ….) 因为疲倦，我停下来休息。 条件 Turning to the left, you will find the school. (= If you turn to the left, ….)向左走，你就会找到那个 学校。
让步 Knowing where I live, he never come to see me . (= Though he knows where I live, ….) 尽管他知道我的住处， 但从不来看我。
伴随 I stood there, waiting for her. (= …, and waited for her.) 我站在 那儿等她。 结果 It rained heavily, causing severe flooding in the area.(= It rained heavily so that it caused severe flooding in the area.)在这个地方 雨下的如此大，以至引发了洪灾。
句 主 Having +p.p. …, 主语+谓语 型动 被 (Having been) +p.p. …, 主语+谓语 动 用法 ? –ing形式的完成式所表示的时间在谓 语动词之前 ? 表示被动可直接用过去分词 例句 Having finished my work, I went home. (= After I had finished my work, ….)工作做完只后，我就回家了。
例句： (Having been) written in haste, the book has some faults. 这本书因仓促写 成，所以有些缺憾。
3. 使用- ing形式需注意的几个 问题。 分词 (短语) 作状语时, 其逻辑主语必 须与句子的主语一致。如果不一致， 必须用独立主格结构来表示，也就是 在分词前面加上它的逻辑主语。
My wife had a long talk with Sally, explaining why she didn’t want the children to play together. 我妻子与莎莉谈了很长时间, 解释 她为什么不想让孩子们在一起玩。
(现在分词explaining是句子主语my wife 做的动作,它们之间是主动关系, 即 explaining的逻辑主语，就是句子的主 语my wife 。) The train having gone, we had to wait another day.（the train逻辑主语 + having gone 即为独立主格结构）
分词短语做状语时，前面可以加上连词 或介词，但是分词短语和句子之间不能 用并列连词(如but，and)，因为并列连 词接的是两个并列成分，而分词短语只 是全句的一个状语部分，分词和主句之 间可用逗号。
例如: 误: Having been told many times, but he still couldn’t understand it. 正: He was told many times, but he still couldn’t understand it. 或 Having been told many times, he still couldn’t understand it.
例如: Opening the drawer，he took out his wallet. (=He opened the drawer and took out his wallet.) 他打开抽屉，拿出钱包。
Coming into the room, he put down his bag. (=He came into the room and put down his bag.) 他走进房间，放下提包。
Having brushed his teeth, Mr. Brown came downstairs for breakfast. 布朗先生刷过牙, 就下楼来吃早饭。 (此句如写成: Brushing his teeth, Mr. Brown came downstairs for breakfast. 可能指 “边刷牙, 边下楼 。)
分词的否定形式是在分词短语 前面加上 not, never等否定词构 成。
例如: Not fearing the fire, the child touched and got a finger burnt. 小孩儿不知道 怕火，用手去摸，把手指烫了。 Not knowing how to find the subway, I asked a policeman for help. 我不知怎 样找到地铁，就去找警察帮忙。
I. 每空填一词，使该句与所给句子的意思 相同。 1. Because he was ill, he didn’t go to school. _____ __, he didn’t go to school. Being ill 2. When she was walking along the street one day, she met an old friend of hers. Walking along the street one day, she _______ ______ met an old friend of hers.
3. If it is sunny, we’ll go for a picnic
_ being sunny It ____ ______, we’ll go for a picnic tomorrow.
4. After she had finished her homework, the little girl began to watch TV. ______ finished Having _______ her homework, the little girl began to watch TV.
5. Because they had been warned by the teacher, they didn’t make such mistakes. ______ ____ ______ Having been warned by the teacher, they didn’t make such mistakes. 6. As it was a holiday, all the shops were shut. _ _____ _ ______, all the shops It being a holiday were shut.
7. If I had been given a longer time, I could
have done it better than planned.
______ ____ _____ a longer time, I Having been given could have done it better than planned.
8. After I got home, I found my books missing. ______ got ____, Having ___ home I found my books missing.
9. When he was still a small boy, he went to France with his father. _____ a small boy he went to France Being _ _____ ___, with his father. 10. When autumn comes, swallows go to the south. _______ coming Autumn ______, swallows go to the south.
Finish the dialogue exercise 4 on Page 37.