2014 高考英语大盘点及答案：人教版新课标选修 9U3--5
Ⅰ. 单词拼写 1.—My daughter has passed the exam. —C ! She is really intelligent. the
2. In order to improve his oral English he
spent most of his time practising p words. 3. When he s his head, I knew he didn’t agree with me.
4. With the help from all over the world, everything in Wenchuan has more or less returned to n 5. Don’t be too p . about food and clothing.
Ⅱ.用方框内所给单词或短语的适当形式填空 fascinate/accomplish/concentrate on/apply to/cope with 1. We must our energies finding a solution. him. driving in heavy traffic.
2. The beauty of the city
3. She is not a competent driver and can’t 4. You should 5. A driver should Ⅲ． 单项填空
the task within the limited-time. the road when driving.
从 A、B、C 和 D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 1. You should take on them. A. care B. advantage C. charge D. place . of this opportunity and try to make a good impression
2. She told me she hadn’t enjoyed the film, but I decided to go and see it A. after all C. all the same B. in all D. above all
3. He called her names, so she won’t forgive him her. A. although B. once
he makes an apology to
D. unless when she
4. Today, when I think of my friend, I remember the way her face saw the picture of a handsome fellow. A. cheered up C. stood up B. shone up D. lit up
5. In t he botanical garden we can find a(n) trees to small flowers. A. species Ⅳ. 完形填空 B. groups C. amount
of plants that range from tall
阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。 The following Monday Steve arrived at school on time, and he waited for Miss White to enter the classroom. She 1, all smiles! God, she was beautiful! He yearned（渴 望） for her smile to 2 on him. It did not. Miss White, immediately, gave a quiz on the weekend homework. Steve 3 the test, and was the first to hand in his paper. With a look of 4, Miss White took his paper. Obviously puzzled, she began to look it over. Steve walked back to his 5, his heart pounding within his chest. As he sat down, he couldn’t resist（忍住） another look at the 6 woman. Miss White’s face was in total 7! She glanced up at Steve, then down, then up. Suddenly, her face broke into a complete 8. The smartest boy in the seventh grade had just passed his first 9!
From that moment 10 was the same for Steve. Life at home remained the same, but life still 11. He discovered that not only could he 12, but he was good at it! He discovered that he could understand and get 13, and that he could translate the things he learned into his own life. Steve began to excel(优秀)! And he continued this 14 throughout his school life. After high-school Steve enlisted(参加) in the Navy, and he had a(n) 15 military career. During that time, he met the love of his life, he 16 a family, and he graduated from college Magna Cum Laude（以优异学业成绩）. During his Naval career, he 17 many young people, who without him, might not have believed in themselves. Steve began
a second 18 after the Navy, and he continues to inspire others, as an adjunct（助 手） professor in a nearby college. Miss White left a great legacy(遗产). She 19 one boy who has changed many lives. I know, because I am the love of his life. You see, it’s 20, really. A change took place within the heart of one boy, all because of one teacher, who cared. 1. A. walked in C. looked out 2. A. rely B. turn B. passed by D. moved out C. mind D. try
3. A. looked through C. hurried through 4. A. unbelief C. surprise 5. A. room C. paper 6. A. lovely 7. A. happiness C. anger 8. A. laughter C. smile 9. A. paper B. test B. strict
B. glanced through D. went thr ough B. joy D. sadness B. blackboard D. desk C. maths B. shock D. disappointment B. cries D. amazement C. seat D. class D. young
10. A. everything C. nobody
B. everybody D. nothing
11. A. changed B. passed C. improved D. stayed 12. A. learn B. write C. listen B. skills D. grades D. speed D. successful D. speak
13. A. information C. knowledge
14. A. subject B. course C. test 15. A. easy 16. A. left B. hard C. long
B. raised C. support D. met
17. A. inspiredB. taught C. helped 18. A. school B. serviceC. career 19. A. loved 20. A. simple C. difficult Ⅴ. 阅读理解
D. liked D. life
B. saved C. treated D. hated B. important D. necessary
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项。 Women should not drink any alcohol during pregnancy. A report released by NICE （临床优化研究所） says. It says if they must drink, they should not do so in the first three months and should limit to one or two ounces once or twice a week afterwards. It replaces previous guidance of saying small daily amounts were fine. NICE decided to tighten its guidance partly because of the concern that people are now drinking more than in the past. Previous draft guidance suggested women should drink an ounce of alcohol a day once they were past the first three months of pregnancy. The Department of Health in England changed its guidance last year, calling for no drinking while pregnant or while trying to get pregnant. Drinking heavily in pregnancy can cause fetal alcohol syndrome (胎儿酒精综合 症), which can leave children with features like small heads, widely spaced eyes and behaviour or learning problems. The experts said there was no evidence that several ounces once or twice a week would do any harm to the baby but could not categorically rule out (排除) any risk. National Childbirth Trust agreed women should limit their drinking during pregnancy. “Pregnant women who have had a few drinks often worry a great deal about whether they have harmed their baby. In general, it is believed that if a light infrequent drinker, in good health, drinks to the point of drunkenness on one occasion, the risk to her baby is small.” NICE also made a number of other recommendations for the care of women in the UK who were pregnant or planning to get pregnant. It said vitamin D and folic acid (叶酸) supplements should be offered by health staff to help avoid conditions such as rickets (软骨病) and spina bifida (脊椎裂). Officials also called for local health
officials to ensure equal support plans where mothers encourage new parents to breastfeed are set up. NICE also called for improvements in the care of pregnant women with diabetes. About 20,000 pregnancies each year are affected by diabetes and, therefore, carry higher risk of miscarriage (流产) and still birth. The guidance said women should get access to advice and support, in particular to achieve good blood sugar control before they get pregnant. 1. What is the advice made by the Department of Health on drinking alcohol during pregnancy? A. Little in the first three months and a gradual increase afterwards. B. An ounce a day after the first three months. C. No drinking for pregnant women. D. Those who drink regularly need not worry about the harm to their babies. 2. What’ the meaning of the underlined word “categorically” in the th ird paragraph? s A. Honestly.B. Absolutely. C. Physically.D. Doubtfully. 3. According to the passage, miscarriage is caused most probably by A. the lack of vitamin D and folic acid B. rickets and spina bifida C. the lack of doctors’ advice and support D. diabetes by pregnant women 4. National Childbirth Trust found that . .
A. a pregnant woman drinking alcohol infrequently has little risk to her baby B. pregnant women who drink a little occasionally are always afraid of the effects C. there is no evidence that a pregnant woman drinking alcohol might harm her baby D. getting drunk once won’t harm the baby 5. In this passage, the aut hor mainly intends to .
A. show NICE’s new guidance on pregnant women’s alcohol drinking and its advice for the care of pregnant women B. warn pregnant women against any alcohol during pregnancy
C. show the present situation of pregnant women’s drinking limit D. call for more care for pregnant women in society Ⅵ. 短文改错 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断：如无错误，在该行右 边横 线上画一个勾(√)；如有错误(每行只有一个错误)，则按下列情况改正： 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该词，并也用斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧)，在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。 此行错一个词：在错的词下划一横线，在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 注意：原行没有错的不要改。 It was three o’clock in the morning, while suddenly 1. the phone rang. Mr Petric climbed out of bed and 2. answered. “Listen, I’m your next door neighbour, 3. and your dog is barking such loud that I can’t sleep. 4. Unless you don’t do something about it, I’m going to 5. kill a dog!”The next morning at three o’clock, Mr 6. Petric went to his telephone and called neighbour. 7. The neighbour dragged him from his bed and 8. sleepily answered the phone.“Listen, you,” shouted 9. Mr Petric,“And I don’t even own a dog!” 10.
5. 解析：选 D。a variety of 各种各样的； species 前面不能加 a；group 表示“组；群” ； amount 表示“量” 。 Ⅳ. 完形填空 1. 解析：选 A。由“...he waited for Miss White to enter the classroom”可知，Steve 等着老师进教室，最后老师走进来了。pass by 从旁边经过； look out 小心； move out 搬 出去，均不符合语境。 2. 解析：选 B。联系后文我们知道，在 Steve 第一个交上试卷后，老师才“转向”他。因此， 此时他盼望的是老师把微笑转向自己。 3. 解析：选 C。联系空后的“and was the first to hand in his paper”我们知道，Steve 迅速把试卷做完。 hurry through 意为 “迅速完成” look through 浏览； 。 检查； glance through 扫一眼； go through 经历。 4. 解析：选 C。联系后文我们知道，这是 Steve 通过的第一次考试，因此他平时学习是不好 的，现在居然第一个交上试卷，因此老师很吃惊。从后文的 obviously puzzled 我们也可以 得到此答案的提示。 5. 解析：选 D。联系空前的“Steve walked back to”可知，交上试卷后他走回自己的课桌 前。
6. 解析：选 A。联系前文的 God, she was beautiful!我们知道，Miss White 是非常美丽的。 再联系空前的 couldn’t resist another look 可知，他忍不住又看了可爱的 Miss White 一 眼。其他选项均不能说明为什么 Steve 忍不住看她。 7. 解析：选 B。联系下文“She glanced up at Steve, then down, then up”可知，她不住 地打量 Steve，因此对这个平时学习不好的学生现在的变化她感到非常吃惊。 8. 解析：选 C。这个平时学习不好的学生现在终于第一次通过了考试，老师是很高兴的，因 此微笑着。laughter 大笑，显然不合常理。 9. 解析：选 B。联系前文“Steve 3 the test”我们知道，Steve 通过了考试。 10. 解析：选 D。联系后文我 们知道，从那以后一切都改变了，故选 D。 11. 解析：选 A。联系空前的 but 以及下文可知，他的生活改变了。 12. 解析：选 A。联系后文“He discovered that he could understand and get 13, and that he could translate the things he learned into his own life”可知，此时他知道自己 能学习了。 13. 解析：选 C。联系空后的“the things he learned”及全文语境可知，应为 knowledge。 14. 解析：选 B。this course 这个进程，指 Steve began to excel(优秀)。subject 科目； 学科； test 测试； speed 速度。 15. 解析：选 D。由后文的“During his Naval career, he 17 many young people, who without him, might not have believed in themselves”可知，他有一个成功的军旅生涯。
16. 解析：选 B。联系空前的“he met the love of his life”我们知道，他结了婚，有了 自己的家庭并且需要养活。 17. 解析：选 A。联系下文“he continues to inspire others”可知，他继续激励着他人。 18. 解析：选 C。联系前文的“and he had a(n) 15 military career”及下文的“...，as an adjunct professor...College”可知，他现在开始了第二个职业生涯。 19. 解析：选 B。由上文可知，是 Miss White 的微笑改变了 Steve 的人生，让他在以后的生 活中优秀起来，因此说是挽救了他。 20. 解析：选 A。联系空后的“all because of one teacher, who cared”可知，改变一个 人的生活是很简单的，仅仅是一个微笑。 Ⅴ. 阅读理解 1. 解析：选 C。细节理解题。题干考查 the Department of Health 关于孕妇喝酒的建议，由 文中第二段 “The Department of Health in England changed its guidance last year, calling
for no drinking while pregnant or while trying to get pregnant”可以看出，该机构 现在呼吁孕妇在怀孕期间不要喝酒，因此 C 项正确。 2. 解析：选 B。词义猜测题。 “The experts said there was no evidence that several ounces once or twice a week would do any harm to the baby but could not categorically rule out any risk”的句意为：专家认为没有证据表明一周内喝一次或两次几盎司的酒就会对胎 儿造成伤害，但是不能绝对(categorically)排除任何危险。根据下段的最后一句 the risk to her baby is small 可知，少量的饮酒对胎儿会造成比较微小的伤害，所以 categorically 在 这里意为“完全地” ，也就是说，专家认为没有证据表明一周内喝一次或两次几盎司的酒就会 对胎儿造成伤害，但是不能完全排除危险。 3. 解析：选 D。细节理解题。根据文章第五段的“About 20,000 pregnancies each year are affected by diabetes and, therefore, carry higher risk of miscarriage and still birth” 可以看出，患有糖尿病的孕妇有着很高的流产风险，所以应该选 D。 4. 解析：选 B。推理判断题。文中的第四段是 National Childbirth Trust 的发现，根据“... agreed women should limit their drinking during pregnancy. ‘Pregnant women who have had a few drinks often worry a great deal about whether they have harmed their baby’ ” 可以看出，即使喝酒不多的孕妇也会很担心喝酒会对胎儿不利，所以 B 项正确。A 项是不完整 的，文中说“In general, it is believed that if a light infrequent drinker, in good health, drinks to the point of drunkenness on one occasion, the risk to her baby is small” ，可知对胎儿造成比较微小的危险的孕妇有以下特征:light, infrequent drinker, in good health, on one occasion，而此选项只是断章取义，所以错误，同样，D 项也由此判断 为错误选项。 5. 解析：选 A。意图猜测题。作者刚开始介绍了 NICE 关于孕妇饮酒的新的规定，然后第五段 NICE 提出了一些关爱英国孕妇的建议，所以应该选 A。 Ⅵ. 短文改错 1. while→ when 2. of 后加 his/the 3. answered 后加 it 4. su ch→ so 5. Unless→ If 或去掉 don’t 6. a → the
7. called 后加 his 8. him → himself 9. √
10. 去掉 And