甘肃省张掖中学 2013-2014 学年第一学期高三第二次模拟考试英语试题 第一部分:听力： （共 20 小题，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分）请听下面 5 段对话，选出最佳选项。 1. What does the woman mean? A. They should dress formally in Rome. B. They s
hould be more casual than country people. C. Country people are usually casual. 2. What are the speakers talking about? A. Teachers B. Studies C. Schools
3. What can we know about the man? A. He is angry. B. He is disappointed. C. He loses his way.
4. How is the man getting on with his studies? A. very well . B. Just so-so. C. Bad.
5. Where does the conversation take place? A. in the classroom. B. in the library. C. on the playground.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 请听下面 5 段对话或独白，选出最佳选项。请听第 6 段材料，回答第 6，7 题。 6. When did the alarm go off? A. 30 minutes ago. B. 25 minutes ago. C. 5 minutes ago.
7. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. brother and sister B. boss and secretary. C. mother and son
请听第 7 段材料，回答第 8，9 题。 8. What is wrong with the man? A. He is seriously ill. B. He gets tired easily. C. He loses too much weight.
9. What does the woman advise the man to do? A. have some physical examination. B. pay much attention to what his boss says. C. have his meals on time. 请听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. When will the man fetch his suit? A. on Monday. B. On Wednesday.
C. On Thursday.
11. How much does the man pay for washing his shirts? A. 10 dollars. B. 20 dollars. C. 30 dollars.
12. What can we learn from the conversation? A. The laundry closes at 7:30pm on the weekend. B. All the buttons on the man’s shirts are loose. C. The man pays 50 dollars for all his clothes. 请听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Where does the man wait for the woman? A.in the hall. B. on the fifth floor. C. in their room.
14. What can we know about windows of the speakers’ room? A. They are facing south. B. They are facing the garden. 15. How much will the speakers pay for their room totally? A. 280 pounds. B. 560 pounds. C. 240 pounds. C. They are facing north.
16. What does the woman want to do? A. take a bath. B. have a good meal. C. go to bed.
请听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What season is the best to visit Spain? A. Spring B. Summer. C. Autumn.
18. Why is train travel becoming more and more popular in Spain? A. The train speed is improving and fuel is rising. B. passengers can enjoy mouth-watering food on the train. C. Passengers can travel longer distances on the train. 19. What are there in the grand class cabin? A. seats, a small table and a shower. B. seats, a small table and toilet things. C. seats, a small table and comfortable beds. 20. Which of the following is TRUE according to the talk? A. The speaker is an environmentalist. B. The speaker lives in Madrid. C. The speaker knows a lot about train travel in Spain. 第二部分:英语知识运用 (共两节, 满分 45 分)
第一节:单项填空(共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 15 分) 21. ---Shall we go to the station on foot? A. That’s right. B. I’m afraid not. ---_______. C. Why not? D. I think so. A. the;
22. In order to find _____ better job, he decided to study ____ second foreign language. a B. a; a C. the; the D. a; the
23. The doctor told me to take the medicine_____. A. every fourth hours C. each four hours B. each fourth hour D. every four hours
24. It was ____ to see so many ____ people in a small town. A. amazing; amazing C. amazed; amazed B. amazing; amazed D. amazed; amazing
25. He is _____ that everyone likes to make friends with him. A. a such honest boy C. so an honest boy B. so honest a boy D. such honest boy
26. This book ____ 12 units, _____ the unit of Music. A. contains. Including C. contains, includes B. includes; containing D. including; contains
27. The young man helped the company recover , so his boss gave him an apartment ____. A. in return B. in turn C. in charge D. in fact
28. She doesn’t like the way ___ you speak to her. A. to B. in that C. how D. in which
29. More attention must be paid____ the endangered animals. A, protect B. to protect C. to protecting D. protecting
30. Computers ____ in offices and homes since 1970s. A. have been used B. had been used C. was used D. has been used
31. I won’t see the film tonight. I am busy. ____ , it is raining cats and dogs. A. somehow B. however C. besides D. as well as B. sees C. seen D. seeing
32. On ____ the accident, he felt frightened. A. saw
33. A NASA experimental jet, the X-43A, flew at a world-record speed---11,260 kilometres an hour on November 17. This speed is ____ as that of sound. A. as ten times fast B. ten times so fast C. ten times as fast
D. ten times faster
34. I’ll never trust such a man ______ you described. A. that B. what C. whoever D. as
35. The school rules state that no child ________ be allowed out of the school during the day, unle ss accompanied by an adult. A. may B. dare C. shall D. must
第二节:完形填空 (共 20 小题;每小题 1.5 分,满分 30 分)。 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从 36-55 各题所给四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中,选出最佳选项。 A few weeks after my first wife, Georgia, was called to heaven, I was cooking dinner for my son and myself. For a __36 , I had decided on frozen peas. As I was cutting open the bag, it
___37_____from my hand and crashed to the floor. The peas, like marbles, ____38___everywhere. I tried to use a broom, __39__ with each sweep they just rolled across the kitchen. For the next week, every time I was in the __40__, I found a pea---in a corner, or behind a table leg. They kept __41___. Eight months later I pulled out the refrigerator to clean behind it, and __42__ 12 frozen peas hidden underneath. At the time I found those few remaining __43__, I was in a new relationship with a wonderful __44__ I’d met in a support group. After we married, I was reminded __45__ those peas under the refrigerator, and realized that my __46__ had been like that bag of frozen peas. It had shattered. My wife had died; I was in a new city with a busy job, and with a son having trouble__47_ his new surroundings and the __48__ of his mother. I was a bag of spilled frozen peas; my life had come apart and scattered. When life gets you __49__, when everything you know comes apart, and when you think you’ll never __50__, remember that it’s just a bag of scattered frozen peas. The peas can be _51__, and life will move on. You’ll find all the peas _52__, including the ones that are hardest to find. And when you’ve got them __53_, you’ll start to feel whole again. The life you know can break apart at any time. But you’ll have to __54__, and how fast you collect your peas depends on you. Will you keep scattering them around with a broom, _55_will you pick them up one by one and put your life back together? 36．A. drink 37. A. moved 38. A. rubbed 39. A. but B. fruit B. walked B. rolled B. and C. vegetable C. ran C. grew C. although
D. meat D. slipped D. existed D. so
40. A. bedroom 41. A. getting 42. A. found 43. A. presents 44. A. man 45. A. of 46. A. wife 47. A. turning to 48. A. thank 49. A. down 50. A. get it 51. A. grew 52. A. eventually 53. A. both 54. A. call on 55. A. while
B. living room B. turning up B. ate B. cans B. child B. for B. life B. leading to B. love B. near B. make it B. bought B. fortunately B. all B. put on B. because
C. kitchen C. taking up C. left C. vegetables C. woman C. with C. son C. adjusting to C. help C. close C. take it C. collected C. properly C. either C. bring in C. since
D. storeroom D. using up D. planted D. peas D. boy D. in D. friend D. adding to D. loss D. wide D. leave it D. frozen D. specially D. each D. move on D. or
第三部分： 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项。 A When you visit America, you will see the word Motel on signs and notice boards. It is made up of “motor” and “hotel” and it is really a hotel for people who arrive by car (how-ever, you don’t need a car to stay at one). You have to pay when you arrive for your room, which usually has a bath. Meals are not provided, but there will certainly be a cafeteria (自助餐馆). Americans eat a lot of salads and sandwiches. Along the main roads there are a lot of motels. Each tries to offer more than next. Some provide television in every bedroom; others have swimming pools; and so on. Motels are especially useful when you are in the country, far from a town or city. You will also find them in the big National Parks. In these great National Parks, you may meet guests you don’t expect to see. An American
friend told me a little story. In the middle of a moonless night she heard strange noises outside her motel window in the Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Thinking it might be a thief, she jumped out of bed, opened the door and crept towards a dark shadow. As she got close, she saw the thief. She was dreadfully frightened: it wasn’t a human thief — it was a big black bear. The bear was turning over some empty tins with its paw, looking for tasty bits of food. My friend decided to leave that particular thief alone! There are also, of course, places called“rooming houses” where they receive lodgers (房 , 客). You will see such signs as Tourists or Rooms Rent, and you could try one of these. A word of warning — looking for a room in New York during the tourist season is like looking for gold on the moon! 56. Which of the following is TRUE about motels? A. You can only find motels in the big National Parks. B. They are free for people who arrive by car. C. If you want to stay at a motel, you must have a car. D. The word “motel” is formed by two words. 57. Which of the following is NOT provided by motels? A. Baths. B. Swimming pools. C. TV. D. Meals.
58. The underlined word “crept” in the second paragraph probably means “_____”. A. moved slowly B. rushed out C. threw away D. ran fast
59. From the last paragraph we can learn that in New York during the tourist season _. A. tourists can find gold there B. tourists can have a sweet dream there
C. it is difficult to find a room there D. there is warning for tourists to New York B You want to have fun and adventure and so you decide to travel somewhere to do it. Sounds like a simple enough thing. And basically it is. But what is adventure? That is the key here and the answer can be different for different people. For those who love sports, adventure travel can have a whole different meaning than for those who like history. The physical travel types that you can find include such adventure travel as white water rafting (白浪漂流), kayaking or climbing and hiking to some mountains somewhere. To the hiker, backpacking across Ireland might be their adventure. For this type of person, adventure travel almost always includes something physical. Often the goal is to push their body’s limits and
test their individual endurance (耐力). For those who less want to climb mountains, adventure travel might mean traveling to Nepal and taking in the local festivals. Wine tasting in Italy is also vacation adventure for the more relaxed traveler who enjoys peace and comfort. Anything that is opposite to the normal scope (范围) of the traveler’s lifestyle defines (定义) adventure. Adventure travel is not necessarily a one-size-fits-all type of vacation. Adventure depends on the person’s physical limits, how much money the person has and what the person enjoys doing. Going beyond the normal is adventurous for many. If your life is quite busy, then sitting on a beach in the moonlight with your family might be adventure for you. The point is not what you do but that you have a good time and that it is an adventure for YOU — not for the person next to you. Do not sit home this year when vacation time rolls around. Go beyond your normal routine and try something new. If you usually spend your vacation sunbathing on a beach, try hiking, instead, through the mountains. Look around you, think beyond your comfort zone and head out on an adventure vacation. 60. For a quiet traveler, he is most likely to choose ______. A. backpacking across a country C. hiking to some mountains B. wine tasting in a bar D. white water rafting
61. To have an adventure travel, the most important is ______. A. whether you enjoy yourself C. where you go for the traveling B. whether you try something dangerous D. what you do in the traveling
62. From the passage, we can make a conclusion that ______. A. adventure travel always includes something dangerous B. adventure travel will cost you a large sum of money C. anything that goes beyond the normal is adventure travel D. adventure travelers like to do things to the limits of their body 63. The best title for the passage may be “______”. A. Tips on adventure travel C. What is adventure travel C Can we give a hand to those endangered animals? Yes, we may only do a little bit, but together our small actions add up to a lot.
B. Who is interested in adventure travel D. Popular places for adventure travel
1. Protect wildlife habitat. Perhaps the greatest threat that faces many species is the widespread destruction of habitat. Cutting down forests, farming, and development all result in loss of wildlife habitat. In areas where rare species live, habitat destruction can quickly force a species to extinction. By protecting habitat, entire communities of animals can be protected together naturally. Parks and reserves are now all too often the only habitats that are left untouched by habitat destruction. 2. Reduce the threat of invasive (入侵的) species. The spread of non-native species has greatly reduced native populations around the world. Invasive species compete with native species for resources (资源) and habitat. They can even prey on native species directly, forcing native species towards extinction. 3. Place decals (贴花纸) on windows. It is reported that as many as one billion birds in the United States die each year because of collisions (碰撞) with windows. You can help reduce the number of collisions simply by placing decals on the windows in your home and office. 4. Slow down when driving. Many native animals have to live in developed areas and this means they must move in human-living areas. One of the biggest obstacles (障碍) to them is that created by roads. Roads divide habitat and present a constant risk to any animal attempting to cross from one side to the other. So when you’re out and about, slow down and keep an eye out for wildlife. 64. What would be the best title for this passage? A. How animals go to extinction C. What to do to help save wildlife B. The importance of protecting wildlife D. How to protect wildlife habitat
65. By writing the underlined sentence, the writer means that _____. A. more parks and reserves should be built B. we should have more habitats free of destruction C. there is a need for improvement in parks and re-serves D. parks and reserves are good examples of protecting wildlife 66. People are advised to put decals on windows to _____. A. decorate the houses and beautify the environment B. protect the windows from birds hitting C. attract more birds to make homes nearby
D. avoid birds hitting the windows by mistake 67. The underlined phrase “prey on” in the passage means _____. A. drive away B. live with C. kill for food D Looking back on my childhood, I believe that naturalists are born and not made. Although we were all brought up in the same way, my brothers and my sisters soon gave up their flowers and insects. Unlike them, I had no ear for music and languages. I was not an early reader and I could not do mental arithmetic (算术). Before World War I we spent our summer holidays in Hungary. I have only the dim(暗淡的) memory of the house we lived in, of my room and my toys. Nor do I recall clearly the large family of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins who gathered next door. But I do have a crystal(水 晶)clear memory of the dogs, farm animals, local birds, and above all, insects. I am a naturalist, nor a scientist. I have a strong love for the natural world and my enthusiasm (热情) has led me into varied investigations (调查). I love discussing my favorite topics and enjoy burning the midnight oil reading about other people’s observations and discoveries. Then something brings these observations together in my mind. This has resulted in my publishing 300 papers and books. But curiosity(好奇心), a keen (敏锐的)eye, a good memory and enjoyment of the animal and plant world do not make a scientist. A scientist, up to a point, can be made. A naturalist is born. If you can combine the two, you get the best of both worlds. 68.The first paragraph tells us the writer . A. was interested in flowers and insects in his childhood B. lost his hearing when he was a child C. didn’t like his brothers and sisters D. was born into a naturalist’s family 69.The writer can’t clearly remember his relatives probably because . A. he didn’t live very long with them B. the family was very large D. fight with
C. he was too young when he lived with them D. he devoted himself to observing nature 70. It can be inferred from the passage that the writer was . A. a scientist as well as a naturalist B. not a naturalist but a scientist
C. only a born naturalist
D. first of all a scientist
第二节 （共 5 小题， 每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Bargain shopping is popular throughout the globe. The main reason is because people know that they get the opportunity to save money. But in order to buy things at the lowest prices, you need to follow certain tips: Use the Internet. 71 You can go to many online stores where you are able to see various can compare the products by their
products with different prices. Through going online, you prices and qualities.
Use online coupons. By using these coupons, you can even expect a discount of 50% on what you want to buy. 72 And they have different kinds of goods for you.
Shop at the right time. It is a known fact that there are certain items that go on sale in certain months of the year. Keep an eye on such sales. 73 Use a shopping list. 74 And you will receive the best offers.
So that you know exactly what to buy. If you just enter the store
and start buying things that you are interested in, you will probably end up buying many cheap things that you may not need for the present moment. 75 If you are familiar with online shopping, you should participate in online auctions（拍
卖）. There are websites such as e-bay which gives you the opportunity to buy products at low prices. A. Take part in online auction. B. There are many websites that offer these coupons. C. Never speak about the amount that you want to pay. D. You must get into the habit of carrying a shopping list. E. You can have more shopping areas by shopping online. F. Think twice before shopping and don’t follow ads blindly. G. Visit the store only during those particular times of the year. 第四部分： 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节：短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。
第 10 页
删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 VII. Proof —reading Mike called his wife to tell him that he had got two film tickets. He asked her to go and meet him outside the theatre. Mike’s wife is very glad because they hadn’t seen a film for quite long time. She met her husband in the entrance to the cinema. Mike took out his wallet to get the tickets, so they were not there. He then tried his pockets, but the tickets were not there, too. Mike looked very worrying. “What’s the matter?” asked his wife. “Well,” Mike explained, “I remember that I did with them. I put it on the desk and forgot to pick them up before leaving for the office!” 第二节：书面表达（共 1 题，满分 20 分） 一个英文网站面向中学生征稿。请你写一篇英语稿件，介绍“中秋节”及这个节日里的主要 活动。 写作要点： 1.它是中国的传统节日之一； 2.家人团聚； 3.赏月，吃月饼； 4.还有旅游，访友等其他活动。 注意： 1. 词数 100 左右；
2． 可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 3． 开头语已为你写好，不计入总词数。 参考词汇：中秋节 the Mid-Autumn Festival 赏月 enjoy the full moon 农历 lunar calendar 月饼 moon cake
The Mid-Autumn Festival The Mid-Autumn Festival falls on the 15th of the eighth month of our Chinese lunar calendar. 甘肃省张掖中学 2013-2014 学年第一学期高三第二次模拟考试英语试题答案
1-5 CABCA 6-10 ACBAB 11-15 CAABB 16-20 CBACC 21-25CBDBB 26-30AADCA 31-35 CDCDC 36-55 CDBAC BADCA BCDAB CABDD EBGDA
56-59 DDAC 60-63 BACC 64-67 CBDC 68-70 ADC 71-75
第 11 页
quite a long time
80 so—but 85. for 去掉
81 too—either 82
83that—what 84 it—them
The Mid-Autumn Festival The Mid-Autumn Festival falls on the 15th of the eighth month of our Chinese lunar calendar. As one of the traditional Chinese festivals, it has been enjoying great popularity in our country. Usually, no matter how far away or how busy we are, we will try to come home for celebration. The moon that night looks the brightest in the whole lunar month. What we love most is the time we enjoy the full moon together. With the beautiful noon up in the sky, we sit together and eat moon cakes and fruit, sharing our stories. In addition to these traditional activities, we have a wider range of choices such as travelling and visiting our relatives or friends.
第 12 页