山东省滕州市第三中学 2014-2015 学年高一上学期期末考试 英语试题
本试卷分为第一卷和第二卷，答题时间 120 分钟，满分 150 分。答题时，请将第一卷的 答案填涂在答题卡上，第二卷的答案填写在答题纸指定位置。交卷时，只交答题纸和答题卡。 第Ⅰ卷 第一节（共5小题；每小题1.5分，满分7.5分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给
的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1．Which sport does the woman like best? A．Baseball B．Badminton C．Volleyball
2．What are the two speakers going to do ? A．Going shopping B．See a film C．Have hair cut．
3．Where does the conversation probably take place? A．At a hospital． B．At a shop C．At a post office．
4．What’s the probable relation between the two speakers? A．Colleagues． B．Friends． C．Couple．
5．What does the woman probably do? A．A reporter． B．A student． C．A tour guide．
第二节（共15小题；每小题1.5分，满分22.5分） 听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C三个选项 中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题， 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6．What will the man most probably do next? A．Give the woman’s money back． B．Exchange the DVD player for another one． C．Repair the DVD player for the woman．
7．What is the matter with the DVD player? A．The remote of the DVD player doesn’t work． B．The batteries run out of power in only a few days． C．The DVD player goes very fast when playing． 听第 7段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8．What does Chris like doing? A．Climbing． 9．What team is Laura in? A．The football team． C．The basketball team． 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What is the woman’s hobby? A．Playing volleyball. B．Listening to music. C．Swimming. B．The volleyball team． B．Sailing． C．Skiing．
11. Where did the woman work during her university years? A．In a bar. 12. What probably is the man? A．A reporter. B．A TV host. C．A job interviewer. B．In a youth club. C．In a kindergarten.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What does the boy want to celebrate? A．His 18th birthday. B．His 19th birthday. C．His 20th birthday.
14. Where does the boy want to celebrate his birthday? A．In a bar. B．At his home. C．In a restaurant.
15. What does the woman suggest doing? A．Making a salad. B．Buying some flowers. C．Buying some drinks.
16. When will the boy order a birthday cake? A．On Saturday morning. B．On Saturday afternoon. C．On Sunday morning.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What did Jeremy do when he first met the speaker? A．He invited the speaker to have a holiday. B．He borrowed money from the speaker.
C．He talked a lot with the speaker. 18. What do we know about Jeremy at school? A．He was cleverer than the speaker. B．He had little confidence in himself. C．He’s always been a bad talker. 19. What was the speaker better at? A．French. B．Physics. C．Maths.
20. What happened when the speaker was about 18? A．He went to work in France. B．He had a holiday with Jeremy. C．He went to university. 第二部分 英语知识运用 （共两节 满分 40 分） 第一节 单选填空 （共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 从题中所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。 21. This is the first time we______a film in the cinema together as a family. A．see B．had seen C．saw D．have seen
22. Dr Smith, together with his wife and daughters, ______ visit Beijing this winter vacation. A．is going to B．are going to C．was going to D．were going to
23. —Have you ever seen the TV programme Dad, Where Are We Going? —Yes. It’s the best programme______ I have seen in the past few months. A．which B．where C．when D．that
24. John thinks it won’t be long ______he is ready for his new job. A．when B．after C．before D．since
25. I’d appreciate ______if you would give me some advice on English learning. A．that B．it C．this D．you
26. In his new book, the writer _______ his memories of village life. A．set about B．set down C．set up D．set out
27. It was ______ that I didn’t like to leave my room. A．so a cold day B．such cold a day C．too cold a day D．so cold a day
28. When _____ to hand in his homework, Philip told his teacher that he had left it home.
D．to be asked
29. It was when she was about to go to bed ______the telephone rang. A．since B．as C．that D．then
30. —Hi, Terry, can I use your computer for a while this afternoon? —Sorry. ______ A．It is repaired. C．It is being repaired. B．It has been repaired. D．It had been repaired.
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项。 On a cold winter evening, I was walking home, tired and hungry, when suddenly came screams（呼喊声） from behind some tress. 31 , I slowed down to listen, and 33 32 that
what I was hearing were the sounds of a fight. A woman was being stood.
not far from where I
“Should I go to help her?” I thought. I was worried about my own having suddenly decided to take a new way home that night. “ 36 35
34 ，and I regretted
I’m hurt too? Shouldn’t I just 37 38 the life of
to the nearest phone and call the police?..” But already the girl’s
were growing weaker. I knew it was time for me to act fast because I could not this unknown woman， 39 I am not a 40 it meant risking my own life. 41
man. I didn’t know where I found the 42
and physical strength（体
力）, but once I had finally bushes and 43
to help the girl, I became suddenly changed. I ran behind the
the attacker off the woman. Struggling, we fell to the ground, where we 44 the man jumped up and escaped.
fought for a few minutes 45
heavily，I stood up and came up to the girl, who was crying behind a tree. In the 47 her shock. Not wanting to frighten
46 ，I could not see her clearly, but I could certainly her any further, I at first spoke to her from a distance. “It’s OK,” I said
48 . “The man ran away. You’re safe now. ”There was a long stop and then 49 . “Dad, is that you?” And then, from behind the
I heard the words, said in both wonder and tree, stepped my youngest 31. A．Excited 50 , Katherine. B．Frightened
32. A．knew 33. A．attacked 34. A．money 35. A．What for 36. A．move 37. A．cries 38. A．save 39. A．although 40. A．kind 41. A．courage 42. A．agreed 43. A．took 44. A．unless 45. A．Walking 46. A．daylight 47. A．feel 48. A．angrily 49. A．shame 50. A．son
B．understood B．beaten B．safety B．So what B．walk B．noises B．ignore B．because B．powerful B．belief B．planed B．dropped B．after B．Drinking B．afternoon B．see B．softly B．peace B．daughter
C．realized C．robbed C．future C．What about C．run C．cheers C．change C．as C．mean C．attitude C．promised C．pulled C．since C．Breathing C．darkness C．guess C．loudly C．pain C．grandson
D．imagined D．caught D．family D．What if D．go D．sounds D．decide D．but D．brave D．hope D．decided D．got D．until D．Fighting D．midnight D．find D．happily D．surprise D．cousin
第三部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 34 分） 第一节（共 12 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 24 分） 阅读下列短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中选出最佳选项。 A My 3-year-old son and I lived a very hard life because I had been out of work since two years ago. Being poor is a terrible feeling when your 3-year-old finishes his meal and says: “Can I have some more bread and jam （果酱） please, Mummy?” And you break down in tears, because you don’t know how to tell him that there is no more food. With ￡6, I went to the supermarket, picked up some food and started to cook at home. It was time for me to make a change and get back on my feet. I began to write a series of articles for the website named Hunger Hurt in July 2011.
A few months later, local food bank gave me some help-- with some free vegetables every month, which made my life a little easier. I began to write recipes （食谱） , posting them on my blog. To my surprise, families, students and those poor people told me how much it helped to see healthy recipes made from affordable supermarket vegetables. My Life took unexpected turns. I was invited to give a speech on food , interviewed for an Oxfam report on food banks and asked to write a cookery book. When I got the money from the book, for the first night in almost two years, I went to bed without worrying. Now, I have a well-paid job and a beautiful home, and I’ll never forget the days when I worked hard for a good life. 51. The writer started to cook because _______. A．the food at the supermarket was unhealthy B．she had to feed themselves in a cheap way C．she was advised to do so by someone D．her son preferred home-cooked food 52. According to the text, the food bank _______. A．helps sell the food in supermarkets B．gives out food to those people who are in need C．brings people together who care about food waste D．write healthy recipes to food lovers around the world 53. The writer’s first post of recipes _______. A．drew much attention C．moved the readers 54. Which could be the best title? A．what a loving mother C．A mother’s dream job B Early risers are most likely to be healthy, wealthy and wise, according to the old saying. But those who are early to bed and early to rise do not always have advantages, researchers say. They have found that night owls （夜猫子） are generally brighter and wealthier than those who are able to get up early in the morning. B．A lesson hard life teaches me D．Success lies in your own hands B．was given little notice D．attracted only housewives
Experts from the University of Madrid carried out tests on around 1,000 teenagers and found that those who preferred to stay up late showed the kind of intelligence to find good jobs and earn much money. Larks or “morning people”, however, often get better exam results, possibly because lessons are held at the wrong time of day for night owls. The researchers examined the habits and body clocks of the young people to determine whether they liked to stay up late and sleep later in the morning, or preferred to go to bed early and were at their best state in the morning. School performance and problem solving ability, were judged and test grades in the major subjects were also taken into consideration. Jim Horne, professor of psychophysiology at Loughborough University, said: “Evening types tend（倾向） to be the more creative types, the poets, artists and inventors, while the morning types are considered to be civil servants and accountants（会计）. ” 55. The researchers from the University of Madrid found _______. A．morning people will probably find good jobs and earn a lot B．morning people show higher intelligence from an early age C．night owls may earn more money than morning people D．night owls might be healthier than morning people 56. Early risers often do well in exams possibly because_______. A．they go to bed by 10p.m. regularly B．they make full preparations before exam C．lessons are held at the right time for them D．they have longer time to prepare for their lessons 57. The research may include questions about the following EXCEPT_______. A．favorite sports C．living habits and body clocks B．grades in main subjects D．school performance
58. In Jim Horne’ opinion, Larks may choose to be _______ in the future. A．inventors B．artists C Sometimes it is difficult to talk to taxi drivers. They must give all their attention to the road as they work out the shortest way to the place where you are going. However, passengers from Wangfujing were in surprise when they took a taxi. The driver just would not stop talking - in C．poets D．civil servants
English. Organized by the Cultural and Education Section of the British Embassy, “Dare to Speak” examines if Chinese people will speak English in “real-life” situations. Matthew Knowles, an acting student from South Carolina at Beijing Film Academy, acted the part as the “driver”. He collected six passengers on Saturday morning, most of whom were female white-collar （白领）workers. “Of course they were surprised at first, wondering why I’m driving a taxi, and wondering whether this is a real taxi, but then most of them were pretty willing to speak,” he said. Knowles said he was also surprised by his “passengers”. “Apart from my first ‘passenger’, who could speak very little English, all the rest spoke English very well, and it was fun to communicate with them,” he said, adding that some “passengers” were quite talkative. The “foreign taxi driver” project was just one of the “Dare to Speak” activities, which have been going on since the end of October. Other projects included a foreign store owner near a high school in Beijing, a cook in a Shanghai university canteen. They were testing the willingness of Chinese people, especially students and white-collar workers, to speak to foreigners in English. Rong Xin, senior manager of IELTS （雅思） with the British Embassy, said they hoped to let IELTS takers in China know that communication is the ultimate goal of IELTS. “We hope that more and more IELTS takers in China can realize the importance of communicating in English in real life, instead of just getting high test scores,” she said. 59. Why did Matthew Knowles drive a taxi? A．He took part in the project “Dear to speak” B．He played the role of a taxi driver in a film. C．He enjoyed chatting with people in English. D．He wanted to improve his Chinese while driving. 60. The Chinese may meet and talk to _______ in “Dear to speak” projects. A．a white-collar worker C．a restaurant manager B．a foreign store owner D．a high school student
61. The underlined word ultimate is closest in meaning to ________. A．most difficult C．most famous B．most common D．most important
62. The purpose of the project “Dear to Speak” is to _______ . A．attract more foreigners to start business in China B．draw Chinese people’s attention to IELT C．remind language learners of the goal of learning D．give more chances for English learners in China 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余项。 As we all know, friendship is of great importance in our daily life. A friend can give us help and share our difficulties and happiness. But how to make friends is still difficult to some of us. 1. Be friendly to others. 64 63
You should try to make a stranger feel at home wherever
he happens to be. Think more of others than of yourself and never judge a person by his appearance and clothes. 2. Be reliable. If you and your friend agree to meet somewhere, don’t be late. If you’re not going to make it on time or make it at all, call them as soon as you realize it. that people know they can depend on. 3. 66 Listen carefully to what people say, remember important details about them 65 Be someone
（their names, their likes and dislikes） , ask questions about their interests, and just take the time to learn more about them. 4. Encourage your friends: A true friend always gives courage to his friends. 67 Never
make fun of or laugh at your friends in front of others. You should come to support them. A．Be a good listener. B．When you say you’ll do something, do it. C．A friend to all is a friend to none. D．The following information can give you some tips: E．And never leave your friend when he is in trouble. F．Smile at others and you are sure to get a smile in return. G．He will remain with them in both good as well as bad times. 第Ⅱ卷（非选择题 共三节 满分 46 分） 第一节：单词拼写与词组填空： （11 小题，每空 1 分，共 16 分） 68. Sally came home so thin and weak that her own children could hardly （认出）her.
69. In the market the dealers were
（讨价还价）with growers over the price of coffee.
70. The Tower of London is a fine example of an English_________（城堡） . 71. _________（就个人而言）, I don’t think it is a good idea. 72. It will be hard to _________（说服）them that there is no other choice. 73. I’m sure you’ll _________（成功） if you work hard. 74. 奥林匹克会旗上的五环代表什么？ What does the five rings on the Olympic flag 75. 玛丽已经习惯于和工作中各种各样的人打交道。 Mary is used to all kinds of people in her job. ?
76. 在世界范围内还有很多人在挨饿。 Many people throughout the world still 77. 雨伞可以保护你不至于淋雨。 An umbrella will you the rain. http://www..com/ hunger.
78. 多年的战争已使这个地方变成一片废墟。 Years of fighting have left the area 第二节：短文改错（满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共 有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（ ） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼）划掉。 修改：在错的词下面画一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1. 每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2. 只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. May I have your attention, please? I have something important to tell you. Our plan to visit the countryside has to put off till tomorrow because the rain. Now I will introduce their plan for today. we would go to visit a middle school by bus on this morning. A school has a history of 85 years. Then we’ll go to an exhibition of some new invention. I think it will be interested. The bus will wait at the gate of the hotel. We’ll set out at 8: 30. Taking everything necessary with you and please get on the bus on time. You are welcome to ask me unless you still have any questions. Thank you for listening. .
第三节：书面表达（满分 20 分） 寒假即将来临，你班同学在口语课上讨论假期计划，提出了不同看法。请根据提示写一 篇记述讨论内容的短文，并谈谈你的假期打算。 优点 待在家中 外出旅游 舒适、能好好休息，和亲人、同学相聚 有机会和不同的人交流，丰富自己的经历 缺点 失去开阔眼界的机会 花费多，旅途不便
注意：1．词数 100 左右； 2．可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 3. 参考词汇：眼界 horizon The winter holiday is coming. Our class have had a discussion about what to do during the holiday.____________________________________________________________________
2014-2015 学年度山东省滕州市第三中学高一第一学期期末考试 英语试题参考答案
I.听力 1--5 BACAC II. 单项选择 21--25 DADCB III. 完形填空 31--35 BCABD IV. 阅读理解 51--54 BBAD 55--58 CCAD 59--62 ABDC 63--67DFBAG 36--40 CABAD 41--45 ADCDC 46--50 CABDB 26--30 BDBCC 6--10 CBBAC 11--15 BCABC 16--20 ABACB
Ⅴ.单词拼写和词组填空 68. recognize/ise 72. persuade 74. stand for VI. 短文改错 Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. May I have your attention, please? I have something important to tell you. Our plan to visit the countryside has to/\ put off till be tomorrow because/\ the rain. Now I will introduce their plan for today. We would go to visit a of our will 69. bargaining 73. succeed 75. dealing with 76. suffer from 77. protect from/against 79. in ruins 70. castle 71. Personally
middle school by bus on this morning. A school has a history of 85 years. Then we’ll go to an The exhibition of some new invention. I think it will be very interested. The bus will wait inventions interesting
at the gate of the hotel. We’ll set out at 8:30. Taking everything necessary with you and please Take get on the bus on time. You are welcome to ask me unless you still have any questions. Thank if you for your listening.
VII.Possible version: The winter holiday is coming. Our class have had a discussion about what to do during the holiday. Some are in favor of staying at home. After a tiring term, they believe it a convenient and comfortable way to relax. Besides, it’s traditional for them to get together with friends and relatives during the Spring Festival. But they will lose the chance of getting experience of the outside world. Others prefer to go out for traveling. They think meeting different people will increase their knowledge and broaden their horizons. However, it will surely take a lot of money and the trips may cause some inconvenience as well. In my opinion, it would be better to stay at home, for I can do whatever I like and help my parents with the housework. （114w） 附听力原文： （Text 1） W: Look at these pictures from high school. M: Wow. That ever brings back memories! （Text 2） W: I’m so nervous about the party tonight. I have to buy a dress now. M: Don’t be. Just be yourself, and I’m sure everyone will like you. （Text 3） W: The actor in this play is great! M: Yeah. He’s definitely star material. W: I will watch all his movies! （Text 4） W: It seems like there’s a temple or some historical building around every corner in this city. M: You’re right. We’ll go to the biggest temple tomorrow. W: Great. Well, I could really use a drink after visiting it. M: We’re in the perfect spot. I know a really good bar up ahead. （Text 5） M: Let’s go to the Hilton Restaurant for lunch.
W: That place looks good. But it’s a little too expensive. M: I don’t like the food we have in the cafeteria. It’s my treat today. W: All right. Thank you. （Text 6） M: Mum, look at the attractive show window. Let’s go in and take a look around. W: Yes, I enjoy wandering around in a mall and looking at various stuff. M: Well, shall we start with the first floor and walk our way up? W: That’s a good idea. M: Mum, on this floor, there’re many different departments: china, books, shoes, and jewellery. W: That reminds me. I do need a pair of good walking shoes. （Text 7） M: Julia, I’m sorry! I am late. I couldn’t find a taxi. W: It doesn’t matter. The concert hasn’t started. Here’s your concert ticket. M: Thank you. How much did it cost? W: 27 pounds. M: 27 pounds? For a jazz concert? W: This is The Wilton Hall. It’s expensive. M: But weren’t there any cheaper tickets? W: Yes, but I didn’t get any. Because I forgot to get them last night ... Come on, we’ll miss the beginning. （Text 8） M: So, what kind of interests do you have? W: Interest? Well, I like ... I play a lot of sports ... and I play the piano. M: What sort of sports do you like? W: Basketball, tennis and swimming. I ski as well. M: Right. And what sort of music do you play on the piano?
W: Oh. Classical, jazz, blues ... M: Right. What experience have you had with children? W: Well. I’ve worked with children in a youth club. Working as a helper since I started at the university ... as a sort of volunteer ... with teenagers ... you know, helping them to organize things they’re interested in. M: That’s wonderful. Have you got any questions? W: Er ... what are the hours ... the working hours? M: Well, they’re a bit ... （Text 9） M: Hi, Judy. I’d like to celebrate my 18th birthday with some friends this Saturday. W: Oh, really? I thought you were 17. That’s great! Eighteenth birthday! You are an adult now. M: Yeah, from now on, I have to take responsibility for my actions. It’s really an important day in my life. W: How do you plan to celebrate it, Mike? In a bar? M: No, I plan to celebrate it in my home and invite some friends to come over. W: How about a birthday party? We can buy some balloons to decorate your room and buy some drinks. M: Sounds fantastic. And maybe we can prepare some food all by ourselves and make a salad. W: That’s a sign you’ve become an adult. M: You bet. Well, on Saturday morning, I’ll order a birthday cake. Then, I’ll go shopping in the supermarket. On that afternoon I’ll decorate my room. W: I will help you. （Text 10）
M: Well, I suppose Jeremy’s my oldest friend, really. We were at school together. I still remember the first time I met him ... and he asked if he could borrow some money from me. In fact he hardly knew me then. I said “no”, of course! At school he was always a bit cleverer than me, and he always seemed to have lots of confidence in himself, he’s always been a good talker ... he impresses people, I think, although I was better at practical things, maths and sciences. He could be really clever when he wanted to be. We always seemed to get on alright, though. I remember we had a holiday together when we were about eighteen — we went hiking in France ... it was quite an adventure. Then he went to university and I started work. We’ve stayed friends, though.