高承英语专题讲义（56 期 高二） 专题一 分词作定语、表语和宾语补足语
单个现在分词形式或过去分词形式作定语时，一般说来放在中心词（被修饰的名词或 代词）之前；现在分词形式或过去分词形式短语作定语时，放在被修饰词之后，相当于一个 定语从句。 1) That is an interesting TV series. 那是一部非常有趣的电视剧。
2) The girl sitting by my side is my cousin. 坐在我旁边的是我表妹。 3) The excited children were opening their Christmas presents. 兴奋的孩子们正在打开他们的圣诞礼物。 4) They reduced the number of animals used in experiments. 他们减少了用于试验的动物数量。 【used in experiments = which were used in experiments】
现在分词作表语表示主语的特征， 常用于事物； 过去分词作表语表示主语的状态， 常用于人。 1) The news is really exciting. 那消息真让人兴奋。 2) She looked disappointed after she lost the game. 输掉那场比赛后，她看上去很失望。
现在分词形式和过去分词形式可作复合宾语中的补足语。 1. 在表示感觉和心理状态的动词 see、hear、feel、smell、listen(to)、notice、observe、 smell、watch 这类表示感觉的动词之后常跟“宾语+现在分词”的复合结构，这种动词 与分词之间的宾语可以是普通名词或专有名词（人名等） ，也可以是代词宾格（him、 us 等） 。 1) She smelt something burning and saw smoke rising. 她闻到有东西在燃烧并看到有烟升起来了。 2) I watched them rehearsing the play. 我看他们排演戏。 3) I could feel the wind blowing on my face.
2. 表示“致使”等意义的动词，如 catch、find、leave、give、have、get 后也可跟上述(1) 的结构，有时也可跟过去分词结构。 1) The teacher caught a boy cheating. 老师发现一个男生（考试）作弊。 2) You should make your views known. 你应当让别人了解你的看法。 3) She’s having her eyes tested. 她正在验光。 （练习一） 1. I don't know the girl ______ in the snow storm. A. to catch A. knock A. following B. caught B. knocking B. to follow B. settle C. catching C. knocked C. followed D. to be catching D. to knock D. to be followed 2. The girl _______ down by a car was dying. 3. The foreign guests, ________ by an interpreter, came out of the hall. 4. The problem _______ so quickly last evening will not be set again anywhere. A. having been settled A. excited B. be settled D. settled 5. There was an _________ look on his face when the actress appeared. B. excite C. exciting D. excitement 6. The children __________ at the hospital yesterday were seriously ill. A. to examine B. examined C. examine D. examining 7. He talked about his suggestions _________ by you yesterday. A. been turned down C. to be turned down A. be weighed C. to weigh A. surrounded C. to be surrounded A. carried out C. carry out A. catch B. turned down D. to turn down B. to be weighed D. weighed B. surrounding D. being surrounded
8. This is the package ________ at the post office last night.
9. An island is a small piece of land _______ by water.
10. The managers will again discuss the plan _______ last week. B. carrying out D. to carry out B. catching C. caught D. being caught
11. After the heavy rain, many cars got ________ in the mud. 12. What surprised me most was that the leader of that country got ________ .
A. kill A. absorb C. absorbing
C. killed B. absorbed D. being absorbed
D. to be killed
13. When I went in, they were ________ in a heated discussion.
14. A cook will be fired immediately if he is found _____ in the kitchen. A. smoke A. hear （练习二） 1. Prices of daily goods ______ through Internet can be lower than store prices. A. are bought A. interested A. completed A. attacks ______ as 3M. A. knowing landing. A. seat B. seating C. seated D. to be seating 7. —— I’m very ______ with my own cooking. It looks nice and smells delicious. —— Mm, It does have a ______ smell. A. pleasant; pleased C. pleasant; pleasant A. feeling A. Writing B. feels B. Written B. pleased; pleased D. pleased; pleasant C. felt D. was feeling D. To be written D. to disappoint B. known C. being known D. to be known 6. The pilot asked all the passengers on board remain ______ as the plane was making a B. bought B. interesting B. completing B. having attack C. been bought C. interestingly C. being completed C. attacking D. to be completed D. attacked D. buying 2. Tom sounds very _______ in the job, but I’m not sure whether he can manage it. 3. When _______, the museum will be open to the public next year. 4. This plant is so vulnerable(脆弱的) that once _______ by any disease, it can’t survive. 5. Linda worked for the Minnesota(美国.明尼苏达州) Manufacturing and Mining Company, B. smoking B. to hear C. to smoke C. hearing D. smoked 15. The speaker raised his voice but still couldn’t make himself _____. D. heard
8. Though ______ rather tired, he insisted on helping the old lady carry the box. 9. ______ in a hurry, this novel was not as good as his previous one. C. To be write 10. From the _______ expression on his face, I know he lost the game. A. disappointed Ⅱ．语法填空 阅读下面短文，按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯性的要求，在空格处填入一个适当的 词语或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空。
C. to be disappoint
Architecture looks at the man-made living environment. Every great culture in the past had its own ideas of beauty 31 around 32 planned and built in different styles. Modernism was invented in the 1920s by a group of architects change society with buildings that went against 35 buildings constructed in a way 37 36 look unnatural． 38 (be)steel, glass and concrete. To some 39 modern country. 34 wanted to feeling of beauty． They wanted their (express) in art and architecture．When you look 33 designed， buildings, streets，squares and parks, you will find
in traditional architecture materials such as earth，stone，brick and wood are
used，the materials of modern architecture
people modern architecture equals progress. Developing countries want to build the most modern-looking buildings as the first step towards becoming 40 (roof), sharp corners and glass walls that act as mirrors. However, many do not find modern buildings beautiful because they look like boxes with flat
（练习一） 1-5 BCCDA 6-10 BBDAA 11-15 CCBBD 6-10 CDABA
（练习二） 1-5 BAADB
Ⅱ．语法填空 31．expressed 32．at 33．them 34．who 35．people’s 36．to 37．While 38．are 39．a 40．roofs
2 0 0 9 0 1 1 2