名词性从句包括主语从句、宾语从句、表语从句和同位语从句。高考常从连接词的选择、语序、语气、时态等方面来考 查。名词性从句中的连接词有连词 that / whether / as if，连接代词 what / who/ which /whose / whatever / whoever / whomever / whichever，连
接副词 where /when /why / how / wherever / whenever。
A. whether 考点1. 引导名词性从句的连接词有哪些 有学生认为， 引导同位语从句只能用 that, 这句话对吗？ 先看下面几个句子。 ① I hav e no question that he will come. ② I have a question whether he will come ③ I have a question when he will come. 我们可以看出： 上面三个句子中 question 后面都是同位 语从句，都是说明 question 的内容的。 在句①中，同位语从句的原句是陈述句，由 that 引导； 在句②中，原句是一般疑问句，由 whether 引导； 在句③中，同位语从句的原句是特殊疑问句，特殊疑问词 也起着连接作用。 其实，所有名词性从句的连接词都有上面的三种情况。 宾语从句： I don’t know that he will come. I don’t know whether/if he will come. I don’t know when he will come. 表语从句： What I don’t know is that he will come. What I don’t know is whether he will come. What I don’t know is when he will come. 主语从句 That he will come is obvious. Whether he will come isn’t known yet. When he will come isn’t known yet. 1. 【2010 浙江】 It is uncertain ______ side effect the medicine will bring about, although about two thousand patients have taken it. A. that B. what C. how D. whether 2. 【2012 全国新课标】It is by no means clear ______ the president can do to end the strike. A. how B. which C. that D. what 3. 【2012 山东】It doesn’t matter ______ you pay by cash or credit card in this store. A. how B. whether C. what D. why 4. 【 2013 陕西】 It remains to be seen ______ the newly formed committee’s policy can be put into practice. A. that B. which C. what D. whether 5. 【2009 天津】It is obvious to the students ______ they should get well prepared for their future. A. as B. which C. whether D. that 6. 【2012 江西】 It suddenly occurred to him ______ he had left his keys in the office. 1 B. where C. which D. that
考点2. 引导词 that 的省略问题 主语从句、表语从句、同位语从句中连词 that 不能省略。 That they are good at English is known to us all. The problem is that we don’t have enough money. She expressed her hope that they would come to China one day. 只有宾语从句中的连接词 that 可省略，但在以下几种情况 中 that 也不能省略： A. 当 that 从句和主句谓语动词之间有插入词语或者从句主 语之间有插入语时，that 不可省略。 He judged that, because he was a child, he did not understand. B. 当两个名词性从句并列作宾语时，后面的 that 不能省。 Everyone knew what happened and that she was worried. C. 当 that 作介词宾语时，that 不可省掉。 The reason lies in that she works harder than the others do. 7. ______ we need more practice is quite clear. A. When B. What C. That D. / 8. ______ fashion differs from country to country may reflect the cultural differences from one aspect. A. What B. That C. This D. Which 9. 【2010 上海】One reason for her preference for city life is ______ she can have easy access to places like shops and restaurants. A. that B. how C. what D. why
10. The reason why I didn’t go to Shanghai was ______ a new job. A. because I got B. because of getting C. I got D. that I got 11. 【2011 全国 I】The next thing he saw was smoke ______ from behind the house. A. rose B. rising C. to rise D. risen 12. Having checked the doors were closed, and ______ all the lights were off, the boy opened the door to his bedroom. A. why B. that C. when D. where 13. I know nothing about the young lady—______ she is from Beijing. A. except B. except for C. except that D. besides 14. Human beings are different from animals ___ they can use language as a tool to communicate. A. for that B. in that C. in which D. for which (如果不理解本题， 可以参看 P. 错误！ 未定义书签。 错误！ 未找到引用源。) 考点3. whether 与 if 引导名词性从句时的区别 A. 在主语从句、表语从句、同位语从句中只能用 whether,
不能用 if。 Whether the meeting will be put off has not been decided yet. The question is whether they have so much money. We ought to discuss carefully the question whether we can do it or not. B. 在宾语从句中 whether 和 if 可以互换，但： i. 作介词宾语时连接词一般用 whether。如： It all depends on whether they will come back.
考点5. 名词性从句是复合句时， 不要忘了带 that (双连接词) 改错: ① The question was that whether he could get a job at the center. ② You have no idea that how busy we were those days. ③ It is well known what a person eats causes changes in the body. 答案及解析： ①去掉 that,。后面 whether 本身就起着连接作用。 ②去掉 that。 who, how, when, what 等本身就有两个作用： 作从句的成分；起连接作用。 ③在 what 前面加 that。 what 只是把主语从句的两个分句连 接起来，但其作为一个整体来作主语从句时还需要用 that 引导。 26. Father made a promise ______ I passed the exam he would buy me a bike. A. that B. that if C. if D. whether 27. It was true ______ she did delighted every one of us. A. that B. what C. that what D. that which 28. Some language experts think ______ we learn language in the same way ______ we learn other things, and ______ we’re born with is a general ability to learn and adapt. A. /; /; that what B. that; which; what C. /; that; what that D. that; in which; that 29. She often thinks of ______ she can do more for her motherland. A. what B. how C. that D. that how 30. At that time I had no idea ______ I could hand it to him without being seen. A. if B. how C. which D. that how
ii. 后面直接跟 or not 时用 whether。如： I didn’t know whether or not he had arrived in Wuhan. C. whether 也可与动词不定式连用，但 if 不能。 I have not decided whether to go or not. D. whether 常与 or 连用表示一种选择，if 不能这样用： The question of whether they are male or female is not important. E. whether 可引导一个让步状语从句表示“不管”、“无论”， 而 if 不能。如： Whether he comes or not, we will begin our party on time. F. discuss 后通常用 whether。 15. ______ you can succeed in the end will mainly depend on ______ you do and ______ you do it. A. If; what; why B. Whether; what; how C. Whether; how; why D. That; whether; how 16. 【 2009 上 海 】 It is not immediately clear ______ the financial crisis will soon be over. A. since B. what C. when D. whether 17. They discussed ______ they could settle the problem without others’ help. A. if B. that C. what D. whether 18. What the doctor is uncertain about is ______ my mother will recover from the serious disease soon. A. when B. how C. whether D. why 19. Mr. H opkins has not yet answered my question ______ I can go with him to ______ he calls the Underground Treasure House next week. A. that; which B. that; where C. whether; that D. whether; what 20. I have no idea ______ or not he has finished the work. A. if B. that C. whether D. which 考点4. question 与 doubt 后跟同位语从句时的连接词问题 doubt， question 用于肯定结构时， 后面用 whether 引导名 词性从句；用于否定结构或疑问结构时，后面用 that 引 导名词性从句。 be sure 用于肯定句或疑问句时， 后接 that 引导的名词性从句；用于否定句时，后接 whether/ if 引 导的名词性从句。 21. I have no question ______ he will succeed. A. whether B. that C. when D. how I.
1. 【2005 重庆】 One may not agree to the examination system, but at present it is basically the only measure that the teacher and the rest of the world can depend on to decide if or not each of us meets the requirement. 2. If you come or not is up to you. 3. I have no idea if he will come tomorrow. 4. My suggestion is we go by bus instead of by train. 5. Athletes are awarded some money is reasonable. 6. Everyone knows the fact Taiwan belongs to China. 7. He told me he had got used to the life there and he was making progress. 8. That why he was late for school was that his mother was ill. II. 语法填空（每空至多填三词） 9. It’s uncertain ______ he will do tomorrow. 10. ______ is reported in the newspaper that talks between the two countries are making progress. 11. ______ talks between the two countries are making progress is reported in the newspaper. 12. ____ is reported in the newspaper is that talks between the two countries are making progress. 13. _____ is reported in the newspaper, talks between the countries are making progress. 2 two
22. Then I had a question ______ a spore（孢子）could quickly get around and form mould (霉菌). A. why B. that C. that how D. if 23. The question came up at the meeting ______ we had enough money for our research. A. that B. what C. which D. whether 24. I don’t doubt ______ he’ll come. A. that B. if C. what D. whether
25. After three days’ waiting, there was a little doubt in the mother’s mind ______ the police could find her lost child. A. how B. that C. where D. whether
14. There is no doubt ______ my friend was not important to
them all. III. 写作技能提升 15. 【 2006 上 海 】 一 本 书 是 否 畅 销 取 决 于 诸 多 因 素 。 (Whether. . . ) 16. 他的成功是因为他为比赛作了充分的准备。 （his success, lie in the fact, be well prepared） 17. 他近来没有尽最大努力，我们都很清楚。 （do one’s best, recently, be obvious to） 18. 我反对这个工程的原因是，它花费太多的钱，而这些钱 应当用来提高当地人们的生活水平。 （the reason why …is that, to improve the lives of the local people） 19. 使我们这个学校特别的是，她的大多数毕业生都被名校 录取。 （make …special, graduate, be admitted to, famous
colleges） 20. 在我看来，这个公寓很完美，除去窗户稍微有点小外。 （personally, perfect, except that） 21. 从你们发布在网站的广告我知道，你们学校发展很快， 你们想要聘用能说一口流利英语的人。 ( advertisement/ad, post, website, develop, rapidly, employ, fluently) 22. 【2011 湖北】他突然想到，第二天上午他有重要的会议 要参加。 （occur to, conference） 23. 【2014 上海】将来过怎样的生活取决于你自己。( up to) 24. 毫无疑问，玩电脑游戏过多对他们的健康有害，对他们 的学习有负面影响。 （there is no doubt, be harmful to, have a negative effect on） 25. 我相信有志者事竟成，成功属于做出不断努力的人。
同位语从句与定语从句的区别 第3讲 what, when, where, how, why 等引导的名词性从句
第2讲 10. 【2011 四川】Our teachers always tell us to believe in ______ we do and who we are if we want to succeed. A. why B. how C. what D. which 11. I think that this meal was well worth ______ was charged for it. A. that B. what C. which D. how many 12. The shopkeeper didn’t want to sell for ______ he thought was not enough. A. how B. after C. what D. when 13. Output is now six times ______ it was before liberation. A. that B. which C. what D. of which 14. Mr. Smith told me ______ he was doing was important. A. that B. why C. what that D. why what 15. 【2013 新课标 I】Police have found ______ appears to be the lost ancient statue. A. which B. where C. how D. what 考点2. when, where, how, why 引导的名词性从句 why，……的原因；when，……的时间； how，……的方法；where，……的地方 16. —Do you think it a must for me to try to do everything for my children? — No, that’s ______ you’re mistaken; they should do everything on their own. A. where B. when C. what D. that 17. 【2010 江苏】—I prefer shutting myself in and listening to music all day on Sundays. —That’s ______ I don’t agree. You should have a more active life. A. where B. how C. when D. what 18. Is this ______ we met each other two years ago? A. place B. place in which C. where D. place which 19. Go and get your coat. It’s ______ you left it. A. there B. where C. there where D. where there 20. 【2010 全国 2】— Have you finished the book? —No, I’ve read up to ______ the children discover the 3
考点1. what 引导的名词性从句 that 和 what 的区别： that 引导名词性从句时，在主从句中不充当任何句子成 分，也没有任何含义；而 what 引导名词性从句时，在主 从句中都要充当一定的句子成分，what 可以分解成定语 从句中的“先行词 + 关系代词”即常说的“先行词 + that” 。 what 从句， 在功能上相当于一个名词， 常译作 “…… 的事/话/地方/时间/……” ，可以作主语、宾语、表语和同 位语。 1. A modern city has been set up in ______ was a wasteland ten years ago. A. that B. where C. what D. which 2. What a different man he is ______ he was four years ago. A. from what B. with what C. from whom D. by whom 3. 【2014 江苏】—What a mess! You are always so lazy! —I’m not to blame, mum. I am ______ you have made me. A. how B. what C. that D. who 4. The city is no longer ______. A. what it is B. that it used to be C. which it was D. what it used to be 5. Our school is no longer ______ it was 10 years ago, ______ it was not well equipped. A. what; which B. that; which C. what; when D. that; where 6. After ______ seemed like hours, he came qq 329950885out with a bitter smile. A. which B. it C. what D. that 7. The teacher returned after ______ seemed to be a long time. A. it B. that C. what D. when 8. I was close to being killed the other day. A car passed me at ______ I thought was a dangerous speed. A. as B. which C. what D. that 9. Generally speaking, ______ we have seen seems more believable than ______ we have been told. A. what; that B. what; what C. that; what D. that; that
secret cave. A. which
chance of winning the prize. B. what C. that D. where 2. 【2005 江苏】 Leaving him at home all day, we would return at night to hear that he’d picked up from the radio in the day. 3. That he referred to in his article was unknown to the general reader. 4. They do these is because they want to earn some money.( 两 处错误) II. 语法填空（每空至多填三词） 5. 【2014 上海】Perhaps ______my mother had told me was deeply rooted in my mind. I just did as she had expected. 6. 【2014 山东】 It is difficult for us to imagine______ life was like for slaves in the ancient world. 7. Mr. Hopkins has not yet answered my question whether I can go with him to ______ he calls the Underground Treasure House next week. 8. 【2015 上海】 ______ makes the game unique is that it helps children learn how to cope with problems in real life. III. 写作技能提升 9. 近几年，我们的学校发生了很大的变化，已不再是过去 的样子了。 （great changes, take place, what it used to be） 10. 【2012 湖北】事情往往不是它们看上去的那样。(appear) 11. 她变化很大， 看起来与过去不同了。 （change, look different from） 12. 过了数小时的样子，他苏醒过来了。 （ what seemed like hours, come to oneself） 13. 如果我们想成功，我们应当相信我们做的事情，相信我 们自己。 （succeed, believe in what we do, who we are） 14. 与我期望的相反， 我的英语考试又一次不及格。 （contrary to, expect, fail, a second time.） 15. 我们得不到的似乎总比我们拥有的好。 （seem better than） 16. 【2008 湖北】由于科技的快速发展，我很难想象我的家 乡十年后会是什么样子。 （with, can’t imagine） 17. 你很难想象我在学英语中遇到多么大的困难。 （you can’t imagine, have difficulty in doing something） 18. 我的家乡与过去有多么大的不同啊！ （how different, my hometown, what it used to be）
21. 【2011 山东】 I am afraid he’s more of a talker than a doer, which is ______ he never finishes anything. A. that B. when C. where D. why 22. —I drove to Zhuhai for the air show last week. —Is that ______ you had a few days off? A. why B. when C. what D. where 23. 【2015 北京】______we understand things has a lot to do with what we feel. A. Where B. How C. Why D. When 24. 【2008 天津】The last time we had great fun was ______ we were visiting the Water Park. A. where B. how C. when D. why 考点3. when 表示“……时候的事情” 25. I remember ______ this used to be a quiet place. A. when B. how C. that D. if 26. I remember ______ we had our lessons in a shed (小棚子). A. when B. which C. where D. what 考点4. 感叹句作名词性从句 27. The travelers drank up ______ little water there was in the bottles. A. how B. which C. what D. that 28. Mary: Helen is a mere washer woman, yet she’s now buying a big house. Carol: Yes. Because she’s always saved ______. A. what little she earns B. how little she earns C. for little she earns D. with little she earns 29. Parents are taught to understand ______ important education is to their children’s future. A. that B. how C. such D. so 30. 【2011 北京】The shocking news made me realize ______ terrible problems we would face. A. what B. how C. that D. why
1. 【2010 全国Ⅰ】 So if they had said was true, I would have a
第4讲 whatever, whoever, whichever 与 whenever, wherever, however
Whoever smokes here will be punished. （whoever 引导 主语从句，在主句和从句中都作主语） “连接词 + ever”可分为两类： “连接代词 + ever”： whatever / whichever / whoever （宾格 whomever ） “连接副词 + ever”： wherever / whenever / however 不论是“连接代词 + ever”还是“连接副词 + ever ”，其 意义都是“不管 / 无论 + 该连接词的本义”。 考点1. “连接代词 + ever”既可引导名词性从句又可引导 让步状语性从句 A. 引导名词性从句时，既作主句成分又作从句成分。 Beggars will eat whatever they are given. （whatever 引导 宾语从句，在主句和从句中都作宾语） Whichever he likes will be given to him. （whichever 引 导主语从句，在从句中作宾语， 在主句中作主语） 引导名词性从句不能换为 no matter+连接代词。 Whatever you say is of no use now.√ No matter what you say is of no use now.× 1. I don’t believe ______ he says now. He is a cheat. A. no matter what B. everything C. whatever D. how 2. ______ comes to the party will receive a gift. 4
A. No matter who C. Which one
B. Who D. Whoever
和系动词。 The old tower must be restored, whatever the cost. (cost 后省略了 is) In our company, every body is well taken care of, no matter what his position (is). 在我们公司， 每人都得到很好照顾， 不管他地位如何。
B. 引导让步状语从句时，可换为 no matter+连接代词； Whatever happened，he wouldn’t say a word. = No matter what happened, he wouldn’t say a word. 3. Do ______ you think is right, ______ difficulties you may have. A. what; however B. that; whatever C. whatever; whoever D. what; whatever 4. She liked the ancient Chinese vase so much that she would like to take it, ______ it cost. A. how much B. what C. no matter what D. how expensive 5. 【2011 重庆】To show our respect, we usually have to take our gloves off ______ we are to shake hands with. A. whichever B. whenever C. whoever D. wherever 考点2. “连接副词 +ever ”：只能引导让步状语从句，可以 替换为“ no matter + where / when /how ” Wherever he goes (may go)，I’ll follow him. = No matter where he goes (may go), I’ll follow him. 无论他去哪里，我都会跟随他。 Whenever I visited him, he was always busy working. = No matter when I visited him, he was always busy working. 无论我什么时候去看他，他总是在忙于工作。 6. 【2013 山东】_______ I have to qq 329950885 give a speech, I get extremely nervous before I start. A. Whatever B. Whenever C. Whoever D. However 7. No matter ______ hard it may be, I will carry it out. A. what B. whatever C. how D. however 8. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, ______ great it is. A. how B. what C. however D. whatever 9. 【2010 上海】 ______ you may have, you should gather your courage to face the challenge. A. However a serious problem B. What a serious problem C. However serious a problem D. What serious a problem 考点3. “连接代词+ever ”和“连接副词+ever ” 都可用于加 强语气 与原疑问词的意思、用法完全相同，只是表达的语气更 为强烈，翻译时可加上“到底；究竟”等。如： Which (ever) do you want to buy ？ 你 (究竟) 要买哪一个？ When (ever) can I enjoy a long vacation？ (究竟) 什么时候才能给我放个长假呢？ How (ever) did you collect so much money？ 你 (到底) 是怎样筹到这么多钱的？ 注意：这种强调的特殊疑问句往往是简单句。如： It was a matter of ______ would take the position. A. who B. whoever C. whom D. whomever 答案与解析：一些同学可能选 B，理解为“这是一个有关 到底谁将取得这个职位的问题”。但 whoever 这类词用于 强调时，往往是简单句。所以选 A。 考点4. whatever 与 however 引导的让步状语从句可省去连 系动词 whatever 省略后面的系动词 be, however 省略后面的主语 5
I refuse, however favorable the conditions. 不管条件如何有利，我都不干。(conditions 后省去了 are) I’d rather have a room of my own, however small (it is), than share a room. 无论房间多么小，我宁愿一个人住一间，也 不愿意与别人合住一个房间。 10. ______ reason, you should not have refused his invitation. A. However B. What C. Whatever D. No matter 11. 【2008 全国 I】 The lawyer seldom wears anything other than a suit ______ the season. A. whatever B. wherever C. whenever D. however 12. 【2005 浙江】 The old tower must be saved, ______ the cost. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. wherever 考点5. 不管是引导名词性从句还是让步状语从句，从句都 用陈述语序 （从句一般都用陈述语序。参看 P. 错误！未定义书签。 错误！未找到引用源。 ） 13. ______, his wife will stand at the gate to wait for him to come back. A. However he is late B. However is he late C. However late he is D. However late is he 14. 【2007 上海春】______ tomorrow, our ship will set sail for Macao. A. However the weather is like B. However is the weather like C. Whatever is the weather like D. Whatever the weather is like 考点6. 让步状语从句也遵循 “主将从现”规则(参看 P.错误！ 未定义书签。) 注意：这类从句中应用一般现在时表将来，从句中也常用 情态动词 may / might。 Whichever dictionary you （may） take, you will have to pay at least 20 dollars. Whenever he comes back, he will never escape being punished. 考点7. 其他考点 A. whatever 与 whichever 如果句中明确指出选择对象时，用 whichever, 否则用 whatever 15. 【2012 辽宁】The newcomer went to the library the other day and searched for ______ he could find about Mark Twain. A. wherever B. however C. whatever D. whichever 16. 【2009 湖南】 She is very dear to us. We have been prepared to do ______ it takes to save her life. A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whoever 17. 【2012 陕西】As many as five courses are provided, and you are free to choose ______ suits you best. A whatever B. whichever C. whenever D. wherever 18. 【2013 江西】______ one of you breaks the window will have to pay for it.
B. Whatever C. Whichever D. Wherever I. 单句改错
B. whoever 与 whomever 这两个词引导名词性从句时，既可作主句成分，又可 作从句成分。用主格（whoever）还是宾格（ whomever） 关键是要看在从句中作什么成分（在现代英语中，常用 whoever 代替 whomever） 。如： This prize will be awarded to whoever runs fastest.(whoever 虽然在主句中作宾语，但在从句中作主语，看在从句中作 的成分，因此要用 whoever, 而不用 whomever) 19. 【2012 福建】 We promise ______ attends the party a chance to have a photo taken with the movie star. A. who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever 20. 【2010 重庆】To improve the quality of our products, we asked for suggestions _______ had used the products. A. whoever B. who C. whichever D. which 21. 【2009 全国 I】Could I speak to ______ is in charge of International Sales please? A. who B. what C. whoever D. whatever C. however much work 虽然 much work 是名词短语， 但 however 修饰的是 much, 而不是 work, 因此用 however, 不用 whatever。 22. 【2004 湖北】You should try to get a good night’s sleep ______ much work you have to do. A. however B. no matter C. although D. whatever 23. 【2006 陕西】This is a very interesting book. I’ll buy it, ______. A. how much may it cost B. no matter how it may cost C. however much it may cost D. how may it cost
1. You can choose whatever book you like among these. 2. You can ask whomever is good at it to help you. 3. No matter who gets a gold medal will get a bonus. II. 语法填空（每空至多填三词） 4. 【2008 浙江】______ wants to stay in a hotel has to pay their own way. 5. We shall defend our city, ______ the cost. III. 写作技能提升 6. 我们必须尽一切努力来保护我们的环境。 （whatever ） 7. 无论什么原因，你都不应当顶撞你的父母亲。 （contradict your parents） 8. 无论谁想成功， 都必须尽最大努力。 （whoever, succeed, do one’s best） 9. 如果我们有坚强的意志，我们就能战胜任何困难，不管 它多么大。 （ work with a strong will, overco me any difficulty） 10. 无论我回来多么晚， 母亲总是在那里等我。 （however late, always） 11. 【2014 湖北】任何人提供有用信息帮助抓住劫匪，警方 将予以奖励。 12. 【2011 上海】如果能找到任何适合你的学习方法，你的 学习效率就可能明显提高。(whatever) 13. 【2007 上海】无论风多大、雨多急，警察一直坚守在岗 位上。（no matter…）
直接引用别人的原话，两边用引号“ ”标出，叫做直接引语；用自己的语言转述别人的话，不需要引号这叫做间接引 语。实际上间接引语大都是宾语从句。 考点1. 时态变化问题 A. 主句是一般现在时和一般将来时，从句仍用原时态。 He says, “I like English best.” →He says that he likes English best. I will tell him, “I have got rid of the book.” →I will tell him that I have got rid of the book. B. 主句是一般过去时，宾语从句用相应的过去时态。 改错： ① He said he enjoys reading English novels. ② He said the girl is doing some washing. ③ He told me that he has never been there before. ④ He told me that he will never forgive me. 答案与解析： ① enjoys → enjoyed ② is → was ③ has → had ④ will → would 一般的规律是： 一般现在时 → 一般过去时 现在进行时 → 过去进行时 现在完成时 → 过去完成时 一般将来时 → 过去将来时 一般过去时 → 过去完成时 过去完成时 → 不变 过去进行时 → 不变 C. 当直接引语是客观真理或谚语时时态不需变化。 Our teacher told us that light travels faster than sound. He said that practice makes perfect. D. 直接引语部分带有具体的过去时间状语时时态也不需变。 He told us that he went to college in 1994. He said that when he was a child, he usually played football after school. 1. He said that he ______ for Shanghai the next day. A. will leave B. has left C. would leave D. had left 2. I never dreamed I ______ here discussing state affairs with the other deputies. A. will be sitting B. would be sitting C. will have been sitting D. would have been sitting 3. 【2012 山东】The manager was concerned to hear that two of his trusted workers ______. A. will leave B. are leaving C. have left D. were leaving 4. Darwin proved that natural selection ______ the chief factor in the development of species. A. has been B. had been C. is D. was 考点2. 宾语从句中的连词问题（参看 P. 1） 考点3. 祈使句的间接引语 用带 to 的不定式表达，谓语动词常是 ask, advise, tell, warn, order, request 等。如：ask sb. to do sth. He said, “Be seated, please. ” → He asked us to be seated. 考点4. 宾语从句要用陈述语序 在名词性从句中一律用陈述句的语序。 （从句都是用陈述语序。参看 P.错误！未定义书签。错误！未找到引用源。） 注意：What’s the trouble? 和 What’s the matter?本身就是陈述语序。 5. Henry killed the dog. I’ll ask him why ______.
A. did he do that C. he did
B. he did that D. he has done so
6. He asked me ______ with me. A. what is the trouble B. what wrong was C. what was the matter D. what trouble it is 7. Excuse me, would you please tell me ______? A. when the sports meet is taken place B. when is the sports meet going to be held C. when is the sports meet to begin D. when the sports meet is to take place 8. Do you know ______? A. how many populations there are in the world B. how much population there is in the world C. how many the population of the world is D. what the population of the world is 9. —______? —I think he is Charles. A. Who do you think he is B. Do you think who he is C. Whom do you think he is D. Do you think who is he 10. 【2010 上海】When changing lanes, a driver should use his turning signal to let other drivers know ______. A. he is entering which lane B. which lane he is entering C. is he entering which lane D. which lane is he entering 考点5. 几个时间状语的变化 now →then today → that day yesterday → the day before last week → the week before tomorrow → the next (following ) day next year → the next year two days ago→ two days before 注意： next 和 ago 都是以现在为起点，the next 和 before 是以过去为起点。因此，如果主句是一般过去时，后面的宾语从句一 般要用 the next 和 before。 He said, “I will return next week.” → He said he would return the next week. He said, “I returned your book three days ago.” → He said he had returned my book three days before.
1. 【2014 新课标Ⅰ】Nearly five years before, and with the help of our father, my sister and I planted some cherry tomatoes（圣女 果）in our back garden. 2. My father said Mother had gone to Beijing a week ago. 3. 【2004 全国Ⅳ】I' m very glad to hear you are coming to visit me the next Friday. 4. He asked me that where I lived. 5. Our teacher said he has never seen such a good student. 6. They said they are strongly against the idea. 7. 【2009 浙江】I stood there and couldn’t believe that a complete stranger is so thoughtful. II. 语法填空（每空至多填三词） 把下列直接引语变为间接引语（每空 1 词） 8. “Do you know where she lives?” he asked. He asked ______ ______ knew where she ______.
9. She said to us,“ I’ll come here tomorrow.” She told us that she ______ go there _____ ______ _____. 10. "We are going to study in Australia next month." they said. 8
They said they ______ going to study in Australia ______ ______ month. 11. . “I met her yesterday.” he said to me. He ______ me that he ______ met the day ______. 12. “I bought the house 10 years ago.” he said. He said that he ______ bought the house 10 years ______. 13. They said, “We planted the tree last year.” They said that they had qq 329950885planted the tree the year ______. 14. “I’ve found my wallet.” he said to me. He told me that he ______ ______ my wallet. 15. “You must come here before five.” he said. He said that I ______ to go there before five. 16. My father said, “Practice makes perfect.” My father said that practice ______ perfect. 17. He said to me, “I was bor n in 1978. He told me that he ______ born in 1978. III. 写作技能提升 18. 但是，其余的持相反观点。他们说短期的训练在增强他们的体质、锻炼他们的意志上效果不好。 （hold, say, training, work well, build up, strengthen one’s will） 19. 他们争论到，做太多的作业对学生的身心健康有害。 （argue, be harmful to） 20. 我想知道我什么时候报名，费用多少。 （sign up）
第一章 第二章 名词性从句
第1讲 引导名词性从句的连接词 harmful to their health and has a negative effect on their studies. 4. 9. 14. 19. 24. 29. D A B D A B 5. 10. 15. 2 0. 25. 30. D D B C D B 1. 6. 11. 26. if 改为 whether；后面紧跟 or not 时，只能用 whether。 27. if 改为 whether；主语从句只能用 whether。 28. if 改为 whether；同位语从句只能用 whether。 29. 在 we 前加 that；引导表语从句的 that 不能省略。 30. 在句首加 that, Athletes 变小写；引导主语从句的 that 不 能省略。 31. 在 Taiwan 前加 that；引导同位语从句的 that 不能省略。 32. and 后加 that；并列的第二个宾语从句前的连接词 that 不能省略。 33. 去掉 That, why 改为大写；why 本身就起连接作用。 34. what； do 是及物动词要跟宾语,what 本身也起连接作用。 35. It；后面 that 从句是形式主语。 36. That；主语从句有 that 引导，且不能省略。 37. What；报纸上被报道的事情是。 38. As； as 是关系代词， 起连接作用， 作主语， 意为 “正如” 。 39. that；在否定句中，要用 that。 40. Whether a book sells well depends on many/various factors. 41. His success lies in the fact that he was well prepared for the exam. 42. That he hasn’t been doing his best recently is obvious to us all. 43. The reason why I am against the project is that it will cost too much money, which should be used to improve the lives of local people. 44. What makes our school special is that most of its graduates are admitted to famous colleges. 45. Personally, the apartment is perfect except that its windows are a bit too small. 46. From the ad you post on the website, I know that your school is developing rapidly and that you want to employ someone who can speak English fluently. 47. It occurred to him that he had an important conference to attend the next morning. 48. It's up to you what kind of life you will lead in the future. 49. There is no doubt that playing computer games too much is 1. C 1. they 前加 what；强调说的内容。 2. that 改为 what；what he’d picked up 他学到的东西。 3. That 改为 What；what he referred to 他提到的事情。 4. 句首加 Why，They 改小写， because 改为 that。表语 从句用 that 引导。 5. what；我母亲告诉我的话。 6. what；what was life like 生活是什么样子。 7. what；他称作 the Underground Treasure House 的地方。 8. What；使这个游戏的独特之处。 9. In the past few years, great changes have taken place in our school and it is no longer what it used to be. 10. Things aren’t always what they appear (to be). 11. She had changed a lot and looked different from what she used to be. 12. After what seemed like hours, he came to himself. 13. We should believe in what we do and who we are if we are to succeed. 14. Contrary to what I had expected, I failed my English for a second time. 15. What we can’t get seems better than what we have. 16. With the rapid development of science and technology, I can't imagine what my hometown will be like in ten years. 17. You can’t imagine what difficulty I have in learning English. 18. How different our hometown is from what it used to be!
1. 6. 11. 16. 21. 26.
B D B D B B
2. 7. 12. 17.
Z|X|X|K] [ 来源: 学|科|网
D C B D A C
3. 8. 13. 18. 23. 28.
B B C C D A
50. I beli eve that where there is a will there is a way, and that success belongs to those who make constant efforts. 第3讲 what, where, when, how, why 等引导的名词性从句
C C B A D A
2. 7. 12. 17. 22. 27.
A C C A A C
3. 8. 13. 18. 23. 28.
B C C C B A
4. 9. 14. 19. 24. 29.
D B D B C B
5. 10. 15. 20. 25. 30.
C C D D A A
16. 21. 26.
whatever, whoever, whichever 与 whenever, wherever, however
6. 11. 16. 21.
B A C C
7. 12. 17. 22.
C B B A
8. 13. 18. 23.
[ 来 源:Z.xx.k.Com]
C C C C
9. 14. 19.
C D C
10. 15. 20.
C C A
35. had；主句是过去时时，must 要变为 had to。 36. makes；表示客观真理不用变化。 37. was；有具体表过去的时间状语，不必有过去完成时。 38. Others, however, hold the opposite view. They say that a short period of training cannot work well in building up their bodies or strengthen their will. 39. They argue that doing too much homework is harmful to students’ health mentally and physically.
1. whatever 改为 whichever；有明确的选择对象。 2. whomever 改为 whoever；用主格还是宾格看在从句中 作什么成分。 3. No matter who 改为 Whoever；whoever 引导名词性从 句时不能换为 no matter who。 4. Whoever；既作主句成分又作从句成分。 5. whatever；固定用法。 6. We must do whatever it takes to protect our environment. (We must protect our environment, whatever the cost.) 7. Whatever the reason, you shouldn’t have contradicted your parents. 8. Whoever wants to succeed must do his/their best. 9. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, however great it is. 10. However late I came back, Mother was always there waiting for me. 11. The police will reward whoever provides useful information to catch the robber. 12. If you can find whatever learning method (that) suits you, your study/earning efficiency is likely to improve remarkably. 13. No matter how hard the rain falls and the wind blows, the police keep to their posts. 第5讲 间直引语
40. I’d like to know when I shall sign up and how much the fee
21. before 改为 ago；以现在为起点用 ago。 22. ago 改为 before；以过去为起点用 before。 23. 去掉 next 前的 the；以现在为起点用 next。 24. that 去掉；where 本身都起连接作用，不比用 that。 25. has 改为 had；主句是过去，宾语从句用相应过去时态。 26. said 改为 say, 或者把 are 改为 were；主句是过去时，宾 语从句用相应过去时态。 27. is 改为 was。主句是过去时，宾语从句用相应过去时态。 28. whether/ if, I, lived。 29. would, the next day。 30. were, the next。 31. told, had, before。 32. had, before。 33. before。 34. had found。 11