江苏省常州市 2014 高考英语阅读理解、完形填空训练（24）含答案
维 A 完形填空(每题 1.5 分，满 选材相似度：★★★★ 设题相似度：★★★ 难度系数：★★★★★ In seventh grade，Brittany Blythe dreamed of being a cheerleader.Her
oaches were __1__ enthusiastic.“They said，‘I don't know how you'll be able to do it，’” she __2__.“‘You won't be able to do the stunts(绝技)．’”
__3__ Brittany，now a junior at Strath Haven High School near Philadelphia， persisted(坚持)．And __4__ the junior cheerleaders won a tournament(锦标赛)last year， she was right there，__5__ with the rest of her peers. Not bad for someone whose __6__ were amputated(切除) below the knee when
she was two years old. Brittany,18，was born __7__ shinbones—“just blood and muscle tissue，” as she __8__ it.When she tried to walk，her legs twisted.After the amputation，she adapted __9__.“From day one ， I basically jumped up and wanted to do __10__” she says.Prosthetic(假的) legs allowed her to move around upright，but too __11__ to keep up with her friends.Brittany's __12__ ： take the legs off and walk on her knees—something she still does when safety and comfort __13__.
She's rarely discouraged.Other children __14__ her through the years， especially in junior high school，but she says the __15__ only made her stronger.Now she's
trying to __16__ her coaches to let her take off the prostheses and be a flyer， the __17__ who's thrown in the air and __18__ by her teammates. Brittany doesn't think her problems are any more __19__ than the next person's.“My disability was the first thing I had to __20__，and that's going to prepare me for the future，” she says. 【语篇解读】 本文是记叙文。从两岁开始 Brittany Blythe 膝盖以下的部分就被截去， 但是这些年她一直梦想着自己能成为一名拉拉队队员。克服种种身体障碍和人们的嘲讽，她
如愿以偿，并对自己的残疾有了新的认识。 1．A.less than B．more than C．a bit D．no longer 答案 A [联系下文 I don't know how you'll be able to do it，可知，他们对此想
法没有多少热情。] 2．A.complains B．recalls C．replies D．explains 答案 B [联系短文的第一句 In seventh grade...可知，这些话是她在 7 年级的时候教
练说的，现在她回想着这些话。] 3．A.But B．So 答案 A C．Then D．Never
持了下来，因此前后为转折关系。] 4．A.if 答案 B B．when C．unless D．because [联系空后的 she was right there 可知，当大三学生拉拉队赢得了去年的锦
标赛的时候，她就在队里面。] 5．A.playing and singing B．dancing and cheering
C．studying and walking D．watching and shouting 答案 B [因为她们是大三学生拉拉队队员，因此她们在表演中的动作是跳舞与欢呼。
其他选项都不符合拉拉队所做的。] 6．A.feet B．hands 答案 C 了。] 7．A.without B．with C．on D．about 答案 A 骨。] 8．A.says B．makes 答案 D C．recalls D．puts [联系空后的“just blood and muscle tissue.”可知，出生的时候她没有胫 C．legs D．arms
[联系空后的 below the knee 以及下文的描述可知，她膝盖以下的部分被截去
[空前的 just blood and muscle tissue 是她的陈述，put 在这里的意思是“陈
述”。A 有一定的干扰性，say 后面一般不跟 it。] 9．A.well B．slowly C．quickly D．later 答案 C [联系 From day one，I basically jumped up and wanted to do...可知，她
适应得非常快。] 10．A.nothing B．everything C．something D．anything
答案 B 做一切事情。]
[从空前的 From day one，I basically jumped up 可知，从第一天，她就想
11．A.slowly B．heavily 答案 A
[联系空前的 but 以及空后的 take the legs off and walk on her knees 可
知，安上假肢后，尽管她很快适应了，但是跑的速度太慢了。] 12． A.decision 答案 C B．opinion C．solution D．promise
[联系下文的 take the legs off and walk on her knees 可知，这是她解决
自己跑得慢的办法。] 13．A.exist 答案 B 的。] 14．A.encouraged B．supported 答案 D C．watched D．teased B．permit C．disappear D．help
[联系空前的 safety and comfort，可知，只要安全与舒适允许，她才这样做
[联系空后的 but she says the __15__(challenge)only made her stronger
可知，有的人嘲笑她。] 15．A.disability B．condition 答案 西。] 16．A.allow 答案 B B．convince C．force D．forbid D C．education D．challenge
17．A.cheerleader B．player C．coach D．girl 答案 A [本空以及后面的内容是对 a flyer 的解释，也就是被队友抛在空中然后接住
的拉拉队队员。] 18．A.observed B．cheered 答案 C C．caught D．loved
[联系空前的 thrown in the air 可知，先是被抛在空中，然后接住。] B．important C．independent D．special
19．A.difficult 答案 A
[从空前的 doesn't think 可知，她觉得自己的问题比别人艰难不到哪里去。] C．get through D．end up
20．A.make up B．learn about 答案 C
[从空前的 My disability was the first thing I had to 可知，她首先要克
服的是自己的残疾。get through 意思是“克服”。make up 弥补；编造；learn about 学习； end up 结束。]
（2011 年安徽省“江南十校”高三联考） A scientist turns out to be able to see the future by offering each of some four-year-olds a piece of candy and watching how he or she deals with it. Some children reach eagerly for the treat they see. Some last a few minutes before they give in. But others are determined to wait until the last moment.
By the time the children reach high schoo1,something remarkable has happened. A survey found that those who as four-year-olds had enough self-control to hold out generally grew up to be more popular, adventurous, confident and dependable. The children who gave in to temptation(诱惑)early were more likely to be lonely. easily frustrated and inflexible(顽固的).
Actually, the ability to delay reward is a sign of emotional intelligence which doesn’t show up on an IQ test.
The hardware of the brain and the software of the mind have long been scientists’ concerns. But brain theory can’t explain what we wonder about most,like the question why some people remain upbeat in the face of troubles that would sink a less resistant soul.
Here comes the theory of Daniel Goleman, writer of Emotional Intelligence：when it comes to predicting people’s Success, brain ability measured by IQ may actually matter less than the qualities of mind once thought of as "character".
EQ is not the opposite of IQ. What researchers have been trying to understand is how they work together; how one’s ability to handle stress, for instance, affects the ability to concentrate and put intelligence to use. Among the ingredients (要
素)for success, researchers now generally agree that IQ counts for about 20％;the rest depends off everything from social class to luck.
While many researchers in this relatively new field are glad to see emotional issues finally taken seriously, some few fear EQ invites misuse.
（3)The underlined word "upbeat" in Paragraph 4 probably means______________.
(4)Why does the author mention the experiment at the beginning of the text?
A. To amuse both the child ren and readers.
B. To prove the scientist’s wisdom.
C. To introduce the topic of the text.
D. To show us how to do an IQ test.
(5)What is most likely to be written in the paragraph that follows?
A. Information about famous people with high EQ.
B. Examples showing the opposite voice about EQ.
C. Some reasons why EQ is a relatively new field.
D. Strong demands for basic emotional education.
【解析】 这篇文章讲述了情商所起的重要作用、它与智商的关系以及人们应如何看待。(1)C 推理判断题。从文章第二段的第二句可推出答案为 C。
(2)C 正误判断题。从倒数第二段的第一句"EQ is not the opposite of IQ. "可知 EQ 和 IQ 并没有相对立的关系，由此可判断 C 项正确。
(3)D 猜测词义题。从画线词所在句后面的内容“困难可打倒意志不坚定的人”可猜测出 "upbeat"是“乐观的”意思。
(4)C 写作意图题。文章从"make an experiment"入手，从而引出作者要谈及的话题 EQ 和 IQ。
(5)B 文章结构题。从文章的最后部分"some few fear. EQ invites misuse"可推出，下文最 有可能谈及少数人对 EQ 持否定态度的例子。
高考预练 1. --I hope he won't get ill during the examinations. --___________ . He has been very well recently. A. Certainly B. No C. Not D. Yes
2. The movie is__________ boring; it is, in fact, rather exciting and interesting. A. anything but B. nothing but C. no more' D. all but
3. Why didn't you tell me there was no meeting today? I all the way here through the heavy snow. A. needn't have driven C. mustn't have driven B. can't have driven D. shouldn't have driven customers.
4. The shop manager always says to his assistants, "We can never be A. so B. too C. that D. more
5. Mr. Smith__________ the roll of film as soon as he arrived home A. got down to wash C. got down to washing B. got down to develop D. got down to developing
6. --The two pairs of shoes are __________ the same colour. --But they are different __________ colour. A. of; from B. of; in C. in; from D. in; in
7. The gas tank____________ twenty gallons of gas, but now it may____________ only three gallons. A. holds; contain C. is held; contain B. holds; be contained D. is held; be contained
8. They suggested not only to the party but also give a performance. A. did we go B. should we go C. we should go D. thought
9. The president of the country was well of when he was in power. A. praised B. fond C. appreciated D. thought
10. --Why has he been staying at home these days? --He ___________ since a month ago. A. has been out of work C. has lost his work B. was out of work D. had left from his work
11. The reason__________ their failure you know is they didn't get fully prepared for the experiment. A. why.., that C. for.., that B. that.., why D. why.., because
12. ____________ great help, I could get rid of all the difficulty and succeeded. A. Offered B. Having offered
C. Being supplied
D. Having supplied
13. --Jack's won _____________ holiday in London. --_________ lucky fellow ! A. a; A B. the; The C. a; The D. the; A
14. You _________think you're clever, but that doesn't give you the right to order me about! A. should B. would C. could D. might
15. --Which play shall we go and see? A. I'm afraid we can't B. I don't think it's interesting C. Yes, I quite agree with you D. I'll leave it to you
答案与解析 1—5 BAABD 6—10 BABDA 11—15 CACDD
1．B 否定回答用 no，而不是 not，此题回答是省略的，原为 No，he won't． 2．A anything but 表示“根本不”的含义。 3．A needn't have done 意为“本来不需要”；D 为“本来不应该”。 4．B too?to 固定词组搭配，意为“太??以至于??”，含有否定的意思。 5．D 此题考查的是固定词组，get down to 后可直接接名词或动词-ing 形式。 6．B of the same 接名词用作表语，意为“同样的颜色”；be different in 接名词， 表示在某方面不同。 7．A 此题考查动词的语态知识。hold 表示“容纳”，contain 表示“装着”时都用主动 形式。 8．B suggest 意为“建议”，后接的宾语从句中用 should+动词，should 可以省略。 9．D think of 用于被动为 be thou 曲 t of，B 项 be fond of 后须接名词或代词；A、C 项后不用接 of。 10．A 答语中有 since 引导的时间状语，限定了句中的动词为持续性动词。 11．C 此题关键是 their failure 为名词词组，A 项 why 后须接句子。
12．A 此题考查的是省略的用法。前面的分句省略的主语为 I，所以动词要用被动。 13．C 此题考查冠词的用法。前空为泛指，后空为特指。 14．D 此题意为“你也许认为自己弄明白了，但这并不表明你有权力命令我。”所以 A、 B、C 项都不符合题干的意思。 15．D 问句意为“我们去看哪部戏?”A、B、c 项答非所问。D 项意为“由你决定”。