泸县六中 2012 届高中毕业班 12 月学月考试英语试题
（考试时间：2 小时 试题满分：150 分）
注意事项： 1、答第 I 卷前，考生务必将自己的姓名、考号、考试科目涂写在答题卡上。 2、每小题选出答案后，用 2B 铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。 第一部分：英语知识运用(共两节，满分45分) 第一节 单项填空(共1
5小题；每小题1分，满分15分) 从A、B、C、D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题 卡上将该项涂黑。 1. -----Oh, poor Kathy! I could hardly recognize her just now! D. Never mind ------ _______. She has changed so much. A. Me, neither B. No problem C. Not at all ----- With _______ pleasure. I’ll do it in a second. A .a; a was sent off in the Brazil’s World Cup match _______ Cote d’lvoire (科特迪瓦). A. after B. against C. for D. in 4. ------ How time flies! I hope to see you soon. -------It will not be long _______ we meet again. A. since _______ appeared. A. some B. none C. no one D. nobody D. having burdened 6. The little girl got out of the train slowly, _____ with two heavy suitcases. A. burdened B. to be burdened C. burdening 7. -----Why did you remember the poem so well ? -----I had learned it by heart_____ and happened to read it this morning. A. quietly B. previously C. practically C. dropped off D. surprisingly D. dropped out 8. The boy didn’t like to study in the college and later ________. A. dropped in B. dropped on B. till C. before D. after 5. Kate was expecting some of her favorite singers, but to her disappointment, B. a; the C. a; 不填 D. 不填; a 3. Brazil’s star midfielder, Kaka picked up two yellow cards in three minutes and 2. ----Will you do me _______ favor to carry the heavy box upstairs?
9. -----Bob, you’re absent-minded! -----Oh, I’m sorry I ________ attention to you, Miss Shute. A. am not paying B. haven’t paid C. wasn’t paying D. couldn’t have paid 10. He commanded that the rescue team climb over the mountain before dark to the place _______ the visitors were trapped. A. where B. that C. which D. when 11. As the economy becomes worse, many people wonder how they will _______ all their living expenses. A. make B. offer C. cover D. earn 12. It is said that the wings of the UFO are _________ of its body. A. more than the length twice C. more than twice the length A. won’t B. shouldn’t B. twice more than the length D. more twice than the length C. wouldn’t D. couldn’t
13. After hours of repair, the driver tried to start the machine but it ________ work. 14. We have been told that under no circumstances ________ the telephone in the office for personal affairs. A. may we use A. whomever A. It B. we may use B. who B. This C. we could use D. did we use D .whoever D.There 15. The radio is no longer of use to me. You can give it to ___ you think likes it. C. whom C. That 16． Don’t waste any time trying to persuade him to join us.____is no need to do so. 17. –I was told that tickets for the concert had been sold out. What a pity! ---Well,you ____one in advance. A. should book B.must book C. should have booked D.must have booked 18.—Who do you think will win the gold medal? ---None of my concern.I don’t____sports,you know. A. take up B. go over C. turn to D. care about 19.—The teacher,as well as his students,____tired out when they finally climbed onto the top of the hill. A. was B. were C.has been D.had bee 20.My cousin went to Beijing after graduation from college,____that she could find a good job there. A.hoping B.hoped C.to hope D.having hoped 第二节 完形填空（共20小题；每小题1.5分，满分30分）
阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项（A、B、C和D）中，选出 可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 The Power of Love to Transform and to Heal Jackie Lantry is a part-time hospital clerk in Rehoboth, Mass. She and her husband have 21 two girls and two boys from China. When Jackie asked her children what they 22 in, they said ―family‖. 23 at our hotel room at the age We adopted Luke four years ago. He was screamed. 24 , he was terrified. I stood
of six, only 28 pounds and his face was covered with scars. He kicked and 25 him and the door to keep him 27 . I called from it. He had never seen a room service. They 28 me and started 的，恶心的). That night we went for a walk. Delighted at the 31 , he signed, "What is it?" I said, "The moon, it's the moon." He 32 up and tried to touch it. He cried again when I tried to give him a 33 his bath the room was until I started to play with the water. By the end of the pages one after 34 and he was giggling(傻笑). We read the book One 29 26 and tried to escape by running through one. I
put my arms around him so he could not hit or kick. He finally fell
every noodle dish on the menu. Luke woke up, looked at 30 I was sure he would be sick.(要吐
again. I handed him chopsticks and pointed at the food. He
stopped crying and started to eat. He ate
Yellow Lion. He loved looking at the colorful pictures and 35 shy boy for a long time. He cried easily. He 36
another. By the end of the night, he was saying, "one yellow lion." He was a sad, food in his pillowcase and 37 the wounds that 38 searched in garbage cans. I wondered then if he would ever
he experienced. It has been four years. Now Luke is a smart, funny, is well 39 kid. When I think back, I am amazed at what heal. 21. A. taken 22. A. believed 23. A. remained 24. A. Unfortunately B. supported B. interested B. born B. Obviously
fourth-grader. He is loaded with charm and is a natural athlete. His teachers say he and works very hard. Our neighbor says she has never seen a happier 40 this abused, terrified little
creature. I believe in the power of love to change. I believe in the power of love to C. adopted C. lie C. sent C. However D. fed D. got D. dropped D. Meanwhile
25. A. between 26. A. woman 27. A. down 28. A. ordered 29. A. kicking 30. A. until 31. A. walk 32. A. set 33. A. bath 34. A. dirty 35. A. watching 36. A. hid 37. A. get up 38. A. sad 39. A. known 40. A. surprised
B. beside B. door B. asleep B. delivered B. hitting B. after B. moon B. rose B. hug B. different B. tearing B. stole B. come across B. silent B. behaved B. satisfied
C. with C. stranger C. flat C. called C. crying C. since C. night C. reached C. touch C. noisy C. moving C. got C. come out C. happy C. loved C. changed
D. behind D. mirror D. tired D. took D. running D. when D. outside D. stood D. talk D. wet D. turning D. found D. get over D. kind D. learned D. raised
第三部分 阅读理解 （共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每小题所给的（A、B、C 和 D）四个选项中， 选出最佳选项。 A I grew up in a small town．My father raised chickens and ran a Blackmoor farm．I was barely 10 years old when my dad gave me the responsibility of feeding the chickens and cleaning up the stable．He believed it was important for me to have those jobs to learn responsibility．Then, when I was 22, I found a job in Natchbill at a country music club called the Natchbill Palace, I washed dishes and cooked from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm and then went on stage and sang until 2:00 in the morning．It wasn’t long before I became known as a singing cook．I had been rejected so many times by record companies that it was hard not to be discouraged. One night, a woman executive (董事) from a company named Warner Brothers Records came to hear me sing．When the show was over, we sat down and talked and after she left, I said to myself it was one more rejection．A few weeks later, my manager received a phone call—Warner Brothers wanted to sign me to a record deal．Soon after, I released(发行) my first record in June 1986．It sold over 2 million copies．My best efforts had gone into every job I’ve ever held．It was the
sense of responsibility that made me feel like a man．Knowing that I had done my best filled me with pride．I still feel that way today, even though I have become a well-known singer． 41. Why was the writer once known as the singing cook? A. Because he was a cook at a country-music club． B. Because he sang for guests while he worked as a cook． C. Because he often sang while cooking． D. Because he liked singing better than cooking． 42. Who first recognized his talents and helped make his career successful? A. Warner Brothers．B. His manager．C. His father． 43. What made the writer proud of himself? A. His ability to live independently． B. His sense of responsibility in whatever he did． C. His courage in the face of rejections． D. His hard work in his early days． 44. We can infer from this passage that the writer’s father was a ________. A. farmer B. worker B I don' t know if I am missing the greatest pleasure of my life. I am not a fan of computer games. Some guys forget themselves and forget day and night when they play games. For example, a colleague has been playing since 1 o’clock this morning and now it is 7 o'clock. He is still commanding his army of little people to attack strange-looking animals. Some games could be fun, I admit, and it is therefore understandable that such a game catches players. For example, games like Red Storm or some role-play games, you do something and try to outwit(智胜) your computer. You get some fun out of these games. It is understandable that such a game pushes you into a pitfall(陷阱) of pleasures. But some games look quite stupid and simple. Again for example, my colleague has been interested in Stone Age, a cartoon-like game rooted in prehistoric time. The game is well made, full of strange people and animals and you can play on line with partners. You can have reference books to study so as to shortcut your rivals(对手) and increase your own conquering power. I believe some kinds of games are really created for adults. But seeing these adults play the simple games with such interest, I just wonder if there is something
D. A businesswoman．
wrong with me and if I am losing the greatest possible fun of my life. I ask why I don' t bother playing such games and why I seem to have some aversion(讨厌) to such games. I have no answers. Certainly computer games is not my idea of a good time. I would rather listen to some music or read a book. Take music for example. Good music tops my list of pleasures. Nothing could beat music, all in a harmony of sounds and emotions. But how about games? Why am I so strongly biased(偏见) against such games? 45. From the passage we know that __________. A. the author is a fan of computer games. B. the author spends much time playing computer games C. the author once played a whole night D. the author doesn't like playing computer games 46. In this passage, the author tells us a fact that __________. A. some computer games are interesting enough to attract people B. many people fall into a dangerous pitfall C. many people are suffering a lot from the computer games D. computer games are pitfalls for most players 47. This passage may be chosen from a __________. A. magazine on life B. news report A. to make a computer game C. to listen to good music C WHAT'S ON STAGE Russian dances: The famous "Little White Birth" Dance Troupe will travel from Russia to present performances in Beijing. The troupe, founded in 1948, is famous for their combination of Russian folk dances and classical dancing art. It has been invited by the Beijing Foreign Culture Exchange Co to give four performances in Beijing. Tickets are available through ticket hotlines and website such as www. paio. com. cn, www. Chinaticket. com and www. Ticket.elong. com.
C. story book
D. medical book
48. The author has a pleasure __________. B. to read books D. to ask himself questions
Time: 7: 30 pm, January 18 - 21 Place: Beizhan Theatre, 135, Xiwai Dajie, Xicheng District Tel: 6606-4258 EXHIBITIONS Kite show: All together 81 kites collected by the China National Art Museum is on show in the Yanhuang Art Museum. Kong Xiangze, an expert on Chinese kites, published a book on kites, explaining the origins of the Kite-making process. The exhibited kites are made in a traditional Chinese style. Time: 9 am-5 pm until February 11 Place: 9 Huizhong Lu Tel: 6491-2902 CONCERTS Folk music: A concert of classics of Chinese folk music will greet audiences on the first day of the Year of Snake at the Beijing Concert Hall. The China Song and Dance Ensemble will perform dozens of traditional instrumental pieces, such as "Full of Joy", "Colourful Cloud Chasing the Moon." and "Spring Festival Suite." Time: 7: 30 pm, January 24 Place: 1, Beixinhuajie, Xicheng District Tel: 6559-8285 EVENTS Flower festival: The Beijing Botanical Garden is bringing people a blooming festival with the beautiful flowers in its tropical (热带) plants greenhouse. The garden has introduced nearly 80 kinds of flowers abroad for the exhibition. There is also an exhibition of potted narcissus (水仙) landscapes (风景). More than 300 mini landscapes involving imported narcissus will be displayed, people can get a preview of the show by visiting www. Beijingbd, com, the garden's website. Time: 8:30 am-5 pm until January 28 Place: Wofosi Lu near the Fragrant Hills Tel: 8259-5547 49. Suppose you are too far away from Beijing or you can't spare time to go there in person, which of the following show can you enjoy all the same?
A. Russian dances. B. Kite show. C. Folk music. A. watch in advance C. get good position of B. see clearly D. get a general idea of
D. Flower festival.
50. The phrase "get a preview of" used in the passage means ___________.
51. If you and your classmates have a free evening to spend on the 19th of January, which is a useful number to call? A. 6559-8285. B. 6491-2902. D We are all called upon to make a speech at some point in life, but most of us don’t do a very good job. This article gives some suggestions on how to give an effective speech. So, you have to give a speech—and you are rather terrified. You get nervous, you forget what you want to say, you stumble over words, you talk too long, and you bore your audience. Later you think, ―Thank Goodness, it’s over. I’m just not good at public speaking. I hope I never have to do that again.‖ Cheep up! It doesn’t have to be that bad. Here are some simple steps to take the pain out of speech making. Ask yourself the purpose of your speech. What is the occasion? Why are you speaking? Then, gather as many facts as you can on your subject. Spend plenty of your time doing your research. Then spend plenty of your time organizing your material so that your speech is clear and easy to follow. Use as many examples as possible, and use pictures, charts, and graphs if they help you make your points more clearly. Never forget your audience. Don’t talk over their heads, and don’t talk down to them. Treat your audience with respect. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness. Just remember: Be prepared. Know your subject, your audience, and the occasion. Be brief. Say what you have to say and then stop. And be yourself. Let your personality come through so that you make person-to-person contact with your audience. If you follow these simple steps, you will see that you don’t have to be afraid of public speaking. In fact, you may find the experience so enjoyable that you volunteer to make more speeches! You’re not convinced yet? Give it a try and see what happens. 52. The main idea of this article is __________. A. that a poor speaker can never change
B. that you can improve your
speaking ability C. to always make a short speech 53. Paragraph 2 implies that __________. A. many people are afraid of giving a speech B. many people are happy to give a speech C. many people don’t prepare for a speech D. many people talk too long 54. The phrase ―talk over their heads‖ in Paragraph 3 means __________. A. speak too loudly C. look down upon them B. look at the ceiling D. use words and ideas that are too difficult D. that it is hard to make a speech
55. All of the following statements are TRUE except __________. A. few people know how to make good speeches B. a lecturer does not need to organize his speech C. research is important in preparing a speech D. there are simple steps you can take to improve your speaking ability 56. The title for this passage may be __________. A. Do Not Make a Long Speech C. How to Give a Good Speech E COLUMBIA City, Indiana---For Robin Smith, the hard plastics company where she works has become a worker’s paradise since the work week was cut from 40 to 30 hours last May with no pay cut. ―I love it. I like spending more time with my family and less time at work and getting paid for it,‖ said the mother of three. Hard Plastics is part of a growing number of US companies that are experimenting with the so-called ―30/40‖ plan to replace the 40-hour working week. Unlike in Europe, where cutting the working week is seen as a way to reduce unemployment, US companies see the 30/40 program mainly as a tool to increase productivity. At the Hard Plastics plant, some 150 women employees work 6-hour daily for a 30-hour working week. And if they show up every day on time, they receive a 10-hour bonus for the week. ―But if you’re even one minute late, sorry Charlie, no bonus,‖ said Ronald Richey, the company’s president.
B. How to Prepare for a Speech D. Try to Enjoy a Speech
―We’re in a very low unemployment market here, 2.5 percent for the town—Whitley,‖ said Ronald Richey. ―The idea was to draw more quality applicants.‖ With 30/40, the company, which employs 325 people at two plants in Indiana and has yearly sales of US $30 million, has greatly broadened its applicant pool. Some 40 people apply every week, among them many with long years of work experience or even college degrees. The idea was first put forward by industrial psychologist(心理学家) Ron Healey. He said more and more companies were expressing interest in his program and were even testing it. 57. According to the text, what is the ―30/40‖program? A. An employee works 30 hours a week with 40 hours’ pay. B. An employee works for 10 hours extra every week and gets paid. C. A woman employee with a family has the right to work 30 hours a week. D. A woman employee gets paid even if she stays at home during work hours. 58. A ―30/40 plan‖ is being tested in Hard Plastics with an aim to __________. A. let working women enjoy their family life B.improve employees’ working conditions C. reduce unemployment in Whitley A. employ more women workers B. help the town in its effort to reduce unemployment C. choose their employees from among many applicants D. employ more college graduates 60. What would be the best title for the text? A. Hard Plastics: a worker’s paradise. B. US: shorter week produces more. C. 30/40 program: a better way to reduce unemployment. D. Ron Healey: his contribution to industrial psychology. 第二节 根据对话内容，从对话后所给的选项中选出能填入每一空白出的最 佳选项。 （满分 10 分） Jack: Hi, Frank. Frank：Hi，Jack Jack： 61 Frank：Yes，I have some books to read, but I can do it later.
- 10 -
D. raise the company’s productivity
59. We can learn from the text that with 30/40, the company is able to __________.
Jack: I want you to do me a favor. Frank: Go ahead, 62 Jack: Professor Smith is coming this afternoon. I am expected to meet him at the airport, but I have an important meeting to go to. Frank: I can do it for you. 63 Jack: He’s about your age, in his early thirties. Tall and handsome. Frank : 64 Jack: Oh, about three o’clock. He is taking flight number 231 from Detroit. Thank you. Frank: 65 A. See you this afternoon. B. How can I recognize him?
第 II 卷
注意事项：第 II 卷作答须用黑色水性笔。 第四部分 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题：每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。 对标有题号的每一行做出判断： 如无错 误，在该行右边横线上画一个勾（√） ；如有错误（每行只有一个错误） ，则按 下列情况改正： 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该 词，并斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（∧） ，在该行右边横线上写出 该加的词。 此行错一个词： 在错的词下划一横线， 在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 注意：原行没有错的不要改。 If someone asks you how you can always make you happy, 66. ____________ you will perhaps find that it is rather difficult for you give 67. ____________
- 11 -
him a proper answer. Do you remember only one saying like this: 68. ______ "No human being can really be happy who it is no giving or trying 69. ______ to give happiness to other?" If you always think of taking more from 70. _____ others and giving them more, you won't be able to have happiness 71. _____ in your life since you may be very rich. Here's a recipe 72. ____________
for you. If each of you follow it, there will be an end to 73. ____________ many happy days. Learn to give up your own 74. ____________
please when necessary, and you will know how to be much happier. 75. ____ 第二节 书面表达（25 分） ―低碳‖成为了人们日常生活中的一个流行词汇， 请根据下面海报内容及要 点提示用英语写一份倡议书。要点提示如下： 1．低碳生活在节约资源，保护环境中起着越来越重要的作用； 2．我们可以养成这些低碳生活习惯； 3. 保护地球等于保护人类自己，提出呼吁。 注意：1.倡议书必须包括以上内容，可以适当增加细节,篇章结构连贯；2.词数 100 左右（文章的开头和结尾已经给出，不计入总数） ；3.参考词汇：义务、 责任 obligation，环境 environment，温度 temperature。 夏天空调温度设 置在 26 度以上 多吃时令蔬菜 和水果 循环利用资源 Low Carbon Life-style 谨记关灯和关水龙头
Dear friends, Do you want to live in a beautiful
- 12 -
2012 届高中毕业班 2011 年 12 月教学质量监测模拟 题
书面表达（one possible version） Dear friends, Do you want to live in a beautiful world? So it is our obligation to have low carbon life style, which matters more and more in energy saving and environmental protection. To fulfill it, we should keep the following habits in mind. First, it’s important to turn off taps and lights and recycle everything recyclable in our daily life. What’s more, while sticking to the habit of setting the temperature of your air conditioner at above 26℃ in summer and eating fruits and vegetables on seasons, we should also climb stairs under the fifth floor instead of taking lifts. Encourage your friends to take a bus to school instead of their cars. Well goes a saying that protecting the earth is protecting ourselves. Let’s all take action now and contribute to the prosperity of our mother – the earth. Thank you!
- 13 -