Have you ever imagined what life will be in the future? Will it change for better or worse ?
It all depends! transport houses environment communication
>Tansports in the past
Tansports at present
What will the transportantion like in the future?
personal flying cars
Transports in the future
a hovering Carriage气垫车
houses in the past
houses at present
Houses in the future
Do you know what it is? Time machine. It is invented by a scientist in a film. It can bring you to any age you want to go. If you have such kind of machine, what age do you want to go most? Why?
He is a boy who was given a chance to travel to the year AD 3008. He is now writing to his parents about his exciting and unforgettable tour. Do you want to know what he saw and what happened to him? Li Qiang
Step Ⅰ. Skimming:
Task 1. Skim through the passage and get its general idea.
The passage is mainly about .
A. how Li Qiang was transported to the future.
B. how Li Qiang got to the future and his first impression of it. C. what the life was like in the future.
D. the introduction of the “ Future Tours” company.
Task 2. put the following sentences into the correct order.
a. We were transported into the future by a comfortable time capsule. b. I arrived at Wang Ping’s home and everything in his house made me surprised. c. I won a travel to the year AD 3008. d. I have my first try to master a hovering carriage.
Scan through the passage, try to get detailed information and then choose the best answers.
1. According to the passage, why did Li Qiang take this future tour?(para.1) A. Because he was curious about the year AD 3008. B. Because he won a prize last year which offered this trip. C. Because his parents were good friends with Li Mengxi. D. Because his parents offered him a lot of money.
2. What is the purpose of having the green tablets? (para.1) A. To forget one’s past experience.
B. To help one fly to the future.
C. To help one calm down.
D. To provide one with much oxygen.
? 3. Why did Li Qiang’s head ache? Because . (para.3) A. he got a bad cold when traveling. B. there was no air at all. C. he felt a bit homesick. D. he was hit by a lack of fresh air.
? 4. A table and some chairs rose from in the large, bright clean room.(para.4) A. under the floor. B. under the curtain. C. under the wall. D. under the computer screen.
Step Ⅲ Detailed reading Listen to the first two paragraphs quickly, then answer the following questions: 1. Why did I have the chance to travel to the year AD 3008? 2. What is a “time lag”? 3. Who guides my trip?
4. Why did my guide give me some tablets?
1. Why did I have the chance to travel to the
year AD 3008?
I took up the prize I won the year before.
2. What is a “time lag”?
“Time lag’’ means a person gets flashbacks
from his previous(先前的) time period.
3. Who guides my trip? My friend Wang Ping is my guide to the future.
4. Why did my guide give me some
The tablets could help me feel less
nervous and uncertain.
Listen to the third paragraph, then try to answer the following two questions.
1. How did I feel as soon as I was transported to the future? I found my new surroundings hard to tolerate and my head ached for lack of air. 2. How did Wang Ping solve this problem? Wang Ping gave a mask to me and hurried me through to a small room nearby to have a rest.
Listen to the fourth paragraph, then answer the following questions:
1. What did Wang Ping’s house look like? His house is a large bright, clean room. It had a green wall, a brown floor and soft lighting.
2. What was the green wall made of ? What’s the purpose of building this kind of green wall? The green wall was made of trees. The leaves of the trees will provide much-needed oxygen to the house.
What’s the writer’s attitude towards the future, optimistic or pessimistic? How do you know? optimistic pessimistic
Pessimistic We know that from the following sentences:
1. Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. 2. At first my new surroundings were difficult to tolerate. 3. Exhausted, I slid into bed and fell fast asleep.
1.Review the reading passage and
find out the difficult language
points to you. 2.Review the words and phrases of unit 2 and get ready for a dictation.