人教课标 高一 必修 3 Unit 4
Use the correct prefix or suffix for each word. Write out the new
word and explain the difference
between the two.
confident confidence paid
different difference like
unfair unpaid unlike unkind
culture globe universe agriculture
global art physics biology
mathematics mathematical science
Choose the correct word to fill in the each of these blanks.
1. At the beginning, the earth had no ________. A. dust B. atoms C. water D. matter
2. The development of a planet generally depends on _______ combining together. A. atoms B. rocks C. gases D. water 3. The ______ of mammals happened after the disappearance of the dinosuars. A. harmful B. system C. spread D. method
4. Mammals _____ when the animals
that were to them disappeared.
Complete the following passage with the words and phrases below in the correct form. astronomy atom fundamental puzzle exist prevent … from as a result give birth to
Is the moon a planet? This question is ____________ if students are to show that fundamental astronomy they understand the nature of __________. Some scientists think that the earth gave birth to the moon because the moon ___________ circles our planet. Others believe that the existed moon ______ before the earth was formed.
They think that earlier in time it travelled through space as a small planet which was caught by the earth’s gravity. As a result __________, it goes around our planet. The evidence for this theory is that the _______ that make up the rocks on the atoms moon seem to be different from those on earth.
What is clear is that the moon is smaller prevents from than the earth and this ________ it _____ escaping form the earth. Although its puzzle origin may still be a _______, the moon can never be anything more than a satellite of the earth.
In pairs divide these adjectives into two groups: emotional words and calm words. violent patient gentle angry rude relaxing kind shocked excited easy-going calm crazy
violent angry patient gentle rude shocked relaxing kind excited crazy easy-going calm
I. 根据下列各句句意及所给单词的首字母 或汉语提示, 写出所缺单词的正确形式。 Biology 1. _______ (生物学) is the science which is concerned with the study of living things. 2. As you go up a mountain, you have to gravity overcome the earth’s g______ which pulls you down.
3. China successfully sent up its first manmade space ________ (人造卫星) on satellite April 24, 1970. 4. The policemen were sent to find the black box because it showed why the crashed plane had ________ (坠毁). 5. The United Nations World Food Program says potatoes can grow in almost any ________ (气候). climate
II. 用所给词的适当形式填空。 1. ________ (culture) exchanges are a way Cultural of building bridges between nations. physicist 2. A _________ (physics) is a person who studies physics or whose job is connected with physics. unfair 3. It is ______ (fair) that he gets very little in reward for his hard work.
4. If one loses __________ (confident), he confidence can never be expected to do his work well. 5. There was a slight wind that ______ gently (gentle) moved the leaves on the trees.
Finish Using Words and Expressions on Page 63 of the Workbook.