2016 年高考英语押题密卷 及答案
22. Which of the following words can best describe Wang Hongyi? A. Diligent and creative. B. Proud and quarrelsome. C. Outstanding and rude. D. Kind and talented
. 23. What does the writer want to do by writing the passage? A. Encourage students to learn from Wang Hongyi.
第二部分： 阅读理解（共 20 小题;每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。 A With eight bloodshot eyes fixed on a flying object, the pains of a two-year project were about to bear fruit. It was Wang Hongyi‘s first test flight of an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) （无人机） designed and assembled （组装） with his teammates from the Aero-Sport Club (航模队)at Shanghai Jiaotong University. Wang is a senior mechanical engineering and automation major. He has been a plane model fan since childhood. As a freshman, he spent two nights building a model aircraft and took it to the sports field just for fun. Wu Junqi, the coach of Shanghai Jiaotong University‘s Aero-Sport Club, spotted Wang and told him his model was outdated. ―I was a little angry, so he took me to the lab,‖ says Wang. He was immediately drawn to the modern equipment and decided to join the club. As a technology fan, Wang spends most of his spare time in the lab. ―He loves what he‘s doing, so he can stand the loneliness of doing research that others seldom have the persistence to carry out,‖ says coach Wu. When Wang and his teammates were building UAV, they lived together in the lab. ―We tried to spend as much time together as possible because there were thousands of problems that needed to be solved,‖ Wang says. They didn‘t even have time to celebrate when the first test flight of the UAV went well. ―We needed to list the problems that occurred during the flight and analyze them to find solutions,‖ he says. ―Our UAV isn‘t finished yet, but there are many design projects and people with similar interests waiting for me,‖ Wang says. ―The UAV is just the beginning, not the end of my aircraft journey.‖ 21. Why did Wang succeed in doing the research? A. He majored in mechanical engineering and automation. B. He had a good coach and wonderful teammates. C. He loved what he did and would stick to it. D. He was highly thought of by Wu Junqi.
B. Tell readers about UAV development in China. C. Inform readers about Wang Hongyi and his UAV. D. Call on readers to do what interests them. 24. What message does Wang Hongyi‘s story convey to us? A. Nothing is difficult if you put your heart into it. B. Two heads are better than one. C. Interest is the best teacher. D. Actions speak louder than words. B Five years after a NASA satellite to track carbon dioxide fell into the ocean after taking off, the space agency is launching another almost exactly like it — this time on a different rocket. The $468 million mission(任务) is designed to study the main driver of climate change resulting from smokestacks (烟囱). Some of the carbon dioxide is absorbed by trees and oceans, and the rest rises into the atmosphere, trapping the sun's heat and warming the planet. But atmospheric CO2 levels fluctuate with the seasons and in different regions of the Earth. The natural and human activities that cause the changes are complicated. The Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2, or OCO-2 for short, will be able to take a detailed look at most of the Earth's surface to identify places responsible for producing or absorbing the greenhouse gas. "This will allow us to understand what processes are controlling how much carbon is absorbed in a given time and place," Anna Michalak, a scientist at the Carnegie Institution for Science, who is not part of the mission, said in an email. The mission, designed to last two years, could provide data that will help scientists make predictions about future carbon dioxide levels and their influence. NASA suffered a major scientific and financial disaster in 2009 when a rocket carrying the original satellite fell into the waters off Antarctica minutes after rising from Vandenberg Air Force Base along the central California coast. After the loss, engineers built a near-identical twin that was set to launch before dawn Tuesday. Instead of using the same rocket, the replacement will be flown on a Delta 2, a workhorse booster (主力助推器) that once faced a dark future. 25. What does the underlined word ―fluctuate‖ in Paragraph 2 mean? A. Increase B. Vary C. Drop D. Improve 26. From the second paragraph we can know__________.
A. the natural activities causing the climate changes are simple B. Anna Michalak is a scientist who takes part in the task C. most of the carbon dioxide is absorbed by trees and oceans D. OCO-2 will help scientists predict future CO2 levels in the atmosphere 27. What caused the failure to the first satellite launch? A. Operation error. B. Bad weather. C. Poor preparation. D. Problems of the rocket. 28. What‘s the main idea of the text? A. A NASA satellite to track carbon dioxide plunged into the ocean. B. CO2 levels are different in different regions. C. NASA suffered a major scientific and financial disaster in 2009. D. NASA will give global warming satellite second try C Students are basing their research for business school on their network of contacts, skills and knowledge to acquire and the brand value associated to it. Here is the Top Four of Business School Worldwide. Harvard Business School Harvard holds the top spot for the past two years now. This private business school, located in Boston, is ranked as one of the most well-known schools offering the best full-time MBA program, doctoral programs, and other executive education programs. The establishment now counts 1,917 students in MBA and 100 in Ph.D. INSEAD With different campuses scattering in Europe, Singapore, Asia and the Middle East, INSEAD Business School remains one of the most recommended in terms of programs. It has reciprocal (相 互的 )agreements with Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business and Kellogg School of Management. In the past five decades, INSEAD has become an internationally regarded institution. HEC Paris The Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Paris makes French and European pride. The private institution reaches the first position in Europe and France. It is considered as one of the most famous business schools in the world. London Business School (LBS) London Business School is located in London. Having motto to develop insights(洞察力) and leaders that have impact, this Public Business School promoted and is still continuing promoting legends in business world. An executive MBA degree and Executive Education programs has been launched in Dubai since 2006.
29. If a Singaporean business student doesn‘t want to leave his homeland, he‘ll choose__________. A. Harvard Business School C. HEC Paris B. INSEAD D. London Business School
30. Which of the flowing is true about INSEAD? A. It has campuses in Europe and Africa. B. It is a public school. C. It has reciprocal agreements with LBS. D. In the past 50 years it has developed quickly. 31. If you are a student of LBS, you‘ll_________. A. learn business and improve your understanding B. read a lot of legendary stories in LBS C. get your MBA degree easily D. have the most powerful influence in the world D Vacation is a time for refreshment. In work, we are often called to think. Sometimes, it‘s good to give our brains a rest. Without a break, we may not be able to perform up to our potential. This can be a problem, not only for the employee, but for the employer as well. ―The main benefit of vacation is for the worker to come back energized,‖ says Weaver. ―If they haven‘t had a break, then they‘re not coming back with new energy. They haven‘t had a chance to step back and get perspective（远景）, and come back with renewed enthusiasm.‖ Long working hours without a break, insecurity（不安）about one‘s job, and other work-related worries can lead to burnout and stress. Humans can usually adapt to pressure, but not for a limitless amount of time. ―It is a problem of relating good workers and having them loyal to the firm while they‘re there,‖ says David Maume, PhD, professor of sociology at the University of Cincinnati. He says burnout can also affect employees‘ productivity, creativity, and effectiveness. In addition, high levels of stress are likely to be precursors (前兆) to depression, which can hit both the employer and employee‘s pocketbook. Even people who manager to remain productive at work can have problems. If they‘re always at work, then they‘re not with their family and friends. If they‘re working while on vacation, for the time that they‘re on the job, they‘re not really present. An unbalanced emphasis on work can strain family and social life. When you come up for air, you may see that you‘re alone, or that your relationships have gone on without you. 32. What‘s the main benefit of a vacation?
A. The manager can be more creative. B. The worker can step back and get more excited C. The worker can come back with new energy. D. The worker can adapt to pressure much better. 33. The underlined word ―there‖ in the fourth paragraph probably refers to ________. A. the vacation C. the university A. absent-minded B. energetic B. the home D. the company C. skillful D. active
4. Each subject is different Depending on your learning style, you may find one easier than the other. More unusual exam types, such as performance exams, require their own unique attention. 40
A. Besides, your time allocation (分配) may be dependent on your own aptitude in that subject. B. Make a detailed timetable C. Pressure and nerves can undoubtedly make it an uncomfortable experience. D. Revision is a process of improvement. E. Plan early F. Starting with a subject that appears early on in the exam schedule is a wise decision. G. The best revision plans have an element of strategy to their creation.
34. When a worker is always at work, he is likely to get more and more__________ . 35. Which of the following is the best title of the text? A. How to spend the vacation effectively. B. Why the workers need a vacation. C. How to deal with the daily pressure. D. Why the workers need new energy. 第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多 余选项。 The revision period is, arguably, the most difficult part of any exam process. The exam itself – usually between one and three hours. 36 However, the knowledge that it is the culmination of the entire process should provide some comfort. A well-structured revision plan can help you revise well. Below are my top tips for creating a well-structured and comprehensive revision plan, which will provide the best chance of success in the summer. 1. 37 It ought to go without saying that planning your revision timetable must be done before anything else, to ensure there is enough time for comprehensive coverage of all subjects. With most exams starting at the end of June, the revision plan should be in place by the end of March at least. 2. Continual assessment 38 In order to chart ( 跟 踪 记 录 ) your development effectively, we recommend that our students attempt practice papers in each subject, marked according to the relevant mark scheme and curriculum. 3. Order your subjects strategically 39 Ordering your subjects in an effective manner can help to do this. For example, scheduling English revision to appear early in your revision plan may provide useful when revising essay-based subjects such as History, Religious Studies and Politics later on.
第三部分： 英语知识运用 (共两节，满分 45 分)
第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、 B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入的空 白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该选项涂黑。 A barking dog brought Jack out of his sleep. He lay in the prison cell and waited for Lily's 41 be , who was his daughter. When she was two, her mother left, 43 Jack His life to a crippled child. 44 46 the cold sweat from his brow. Hatred 45 him out of the depth of his heart. 47 . He was doing 48 downhill, too much drinking and gambling, too many 42 that she did not want to
time now in this prison. Lily had lived out her days in a crippled children's home. Jack stared at the ceiling every detail of Lily's last visit. Her eyes flashed at him behind the screen that visiting room. Both dimples (酒窝) showed on her pale face when she the 51 Jack sat up, feeling of me, for I am your Lily!" Lily soon had to wave goodbye, but the blooming lily (百合花) remained to of darkness. A thousand times a day Jack had when he would walk out of this prison as a where the sunshine would bring 56 59 into the face of Lily, "Daddy, this is me." Tender care kept the plant alive. Jack 60 to her cheeks and a smile to her face. 55 58 his world 57 eyes the day the blossom, looking through 50 49 them in the
. A yellow dress hid
of her body and made her look every inch of living Lily that she was. 52 at the memory of the lily his daughter had brought him. She had 53 54 you see this lily think
the clay pot before she let go of it. Then she said, "Daddy, this is me.
man. He would take her away, down south
41. A. letter 42. A. stating 43. A. tied down 44. A. scratched 45. A. relieved 46. A. returned 47. A. wars 48. A. assuming 49. A. blocked 50. A. smiled 51. A. thinness 52. A. happy 53. A. seized 54. A. Next time 55. A. brighten 56. A. looked at 57. A. misty 58. A. designed 59. A. strong 60. A. warmness
B. postcard B. announcing B. taken in B. rubbed B. occupied B. went B. quarrels B. considering B. reflected B. sang B. strength B. embarrassed B. hugged B. The first time B. break B. glanced at B. dark B. dreamed of B. free B. happiness
C. visit C. deciding C. turned down C. wiped C. defeated C. changed C. battles C. remembering C. blinded C. spoke C. fatness C. warm C. carried C. Once upon a time C. create C. stared at C. bright C. thought of C. rich C. light
D. call D. requesting D. put off D. took D. overcame D. became D. fights D. imagining D. separated D. cried D. thickness D. excited D. caught D. Every time D. polish D. glared at D. narrow D. intended D. new D. color
I'm so 65 (thank) that we had candles on hand that dark night. And I'm equally as thankful that I had a beautiful card on hand, too, or I would 66 （let） the opportunity to keep in touch with faraway family escape. It would have turned into another one of those moments 67 the thought of sending a card crossed my mind but never actually happened. The candle burned slowly. After I finished my card to Finland, I enjoyed 68 （look） through the rest of my ??Someone Cares" greeting cards. The air was fresh and cool, and I had cards and enough light to write. I 69 (find) a birthday card for my nephew's 10th birthday, a thinking-of-you card for my aunt, and a fun greeting card for an old friend and I began writing. Candles and cards were two things that made a thunderstorm 70 the perfect storm.
第四部分：写作（共两节，满分 35 分）
第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假如英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文，请你修改你同桌的以下作文。文中共有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号∧，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线＼划掉。 修改：在错词下面划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1、每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2、只允许修改 10 处，多者从第 11 处不计分 The other day we held class meeting to discuss how family conditions influence high school students. Different student have different opinions about it. Some students put it that if a student live in bad conditions, he can‘t get what he wants to . Some argue that these who enjoy favorable family conditions can easily get convenience if necessarily. There is no doubt whether it is of great help to their study and future life. Besides, others hold the view that it is against the development of their ability to live independently. I think high school students are no longer children. So they should learn to live by their own and get well preparing for their future life. Only in this way can they become useful to society and enjoy a colorful life in the future. 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假设你是中学生李华，上周你在国外某网络书店买了一本英文词典，收到后发现一些质量 问题，请给书店经理用英语写一封电子邮件，说明情况和自己的要求。要点如下： 1．购买的时间； 2．发现的问题（印刷错误、缺页等） ；
第 II 卷
第三部分：英语知识运用 (共两节，满分 45 分)
第二节（共 10 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 The weather was terrible that night. The summer thunderstorm had knocked out the power. Luckily, there was enough candle light flickering(闪烁）on the kitchen table. With the candle light, I could see the card I was writing to my husband's 61 (cousin) in Finland. Dear Heli and Rislo, You are on my mind tonight because we are using the candles you gave us when you visited us two years ago. There was a horrible summer thunderstorm this evening and the power went 62 , and your candles were just 63 we needed. They have lit our dinnertime, the bedrooms and now I 64 （sit）by one in the kitchen ... What I didn't say to Heli and Risto is that we never burned the candles before because they, well, smell like a campfire. And so they stood in iron candlesticks until we needed them.
3．要求退款或换货。 注意：1．词数 100 左右； 2．信的开头和结尾已给出，不计入总词数。 3．参考词汇：印刷错误 misprint (n.) Dear Manager, I‘m writing to tell you something that happened to me.
to spend as much time together as possible because there were thousands of problems that needed to be tackled 可以推测出王弘毅的故事告诉我们：世上无难事只怕有心人。B 项 三个臭皮匠顶过一个诸葛亮；C 项兴趣是最好的老师；D 项行动胜于语言。A、 B、C 三项都与文章内容不符。 B 【短文大意】NASA（美国航空航天局）第一颗环境探测卫星发射升空后不久坠落于南极 洲附近海域，因此打算发射第二颗卫星。 25. B 词义猜测。 但是空气中二氧化碳的含量随着季节和区域的不同而变动。 根据常识和上下 Yours, Li Hua 文可推知不同的地方，不同的季节空气中二氧化碳的含量是不一样的。 26. D 事实细节。根据第二段 The natural and human activities that cause the changes are complicated.可排除 A 项；Anna Michalak, a scientist at the Carnegie Institution for Science who is not part of the mission 可排除 B 项； 根据第二段 Some of the carbon dioxide is sucked up by trees and oceans 可排除 C 项； 根据第二段 The mission, designed to last two years, could provide data that will help scientists make predictions about future carbon dioxide levels and their impact.可知答案为 D 项。
第二教育网 2015 年高考绝密押题，仅限 VIP 会员学校使用，第二教育网版权所有，严 禁转载或传播，违者必究； 第一部分 听力 1-5 CABAC 6-10 BA BCA 第二部分 阅读理解 第一节 A 【短文大意】上海交大航模队的王弘毅和其他几名成员，合作设计组装了一架无人机， 并首次“试航”成功。 21. C. 事实细节。根据第四段中的 He loves what he‘s doing, so he can stand the loneliness of doing research that others seldom have the persistence to carry out,‖ says coach Wu 可知。 22. A 推理判断。王弘毅的无人机首次“试航”成功，证明他是具有创新精神的；根据第四 段 he can stand the loneliness of doing research 和第五段中的 We tried to spend as much time together as possible 可以推测出王弘毅是勤奋的。故答案为 A 。 B 项中的 quarrelsome 好争吵的，文章没有体现；C 项中的 rude 粗鲁的，文章没有体现；D 项中 的 kind 善良的，文章没有体现。 23. C 写作意图。 作者写这篇文章(新闻报道) 主要是向读者介绍王弘毅和他的无人机的故事。 24. A 概括总结。 根据第四段 he can stand the loneliness of doing research 和第五段中的 We tried
27. D 事实细节。根据最后一段 After the loss, engineers built a near-identical twin that was set to launch before dawn Tuesday. Instead of using the same rocket, the replacement will be flown on a Delta 2, a workhorse booster (主力助推器) that once faced a dark future.可知第一次卫 星发射失败是因为火箭的问题。 28. D 主旨大意。 根据短文大意可知答案为 D 项 NASA（美国航空航天局）打算发射第二颗 环境探测卫星。 A 项美国航空航天局的一架卫星坠入大海； B 项不同的地区二氧化碳
的含量不同； C 项美国航空航天局在 2009 年遭受科学和金融灾难。 A B C 三项都太片面。 C 【短文大意】本文向我们介绍了四所世界知名商学院。 29. B 事实细节。 根据第二节 With different campuses scattering in Europe, Singapore, Asia and the Middle East 可知 INSEAD（欧洲工商管理学院）在新加坡有校区，故如果新加坡的学生 不想离开他的祖国，他会选择 INSEAD，故答案为 B。 30. D 事实细节。根据第二节 In the past five decades, INSEAD has become an internationally regarded institution.可知 INSEAD（欧洲工商管理学院）在过去的 50 年中发展成为一家国 际学院。故答案为 D 项 INSEAD 发展很快。 31. A 事实细节。根据最后一节 Having motto develop insights(洞察力)可知伦敦商学院不仅教学 生商业方面的知识还注重学生洞察力的培养，故答案为 A。 D篇 【短文大意】假期是一个更新恢复的时刻。在工作中，我们经常思考。有时候，我们需要 给我们的脑子一个休息的空间。这样的休假对雇主和员工都是有好处的。
32. C 事实细节。 根据第二段第一句话“The main benefit of vacation is for the worker to come back energized…‖ 可知， 度假对工人来说的最大好处就是可以使工人们在度假回 来后焕然一新，精力充沛。 33. D 推理判断。 根据第四段首句 having them loyal to the firm while they‘re there 一句，特 别是 firm 一词，可知答案为 D。 34. A 推理判断。根据倒数第二段 If they‘re working while on vacation, for the time that they‘re on the job, they‘re not really present.可以推知，如果他们在假期（本来应该与家人团聚 的时候）工作，他们并没有真正“在场” ，也就是：心不在焉。因此选 A 项。 35. B 文章标题。 整篇文章在讲度假对雇主和员工的好处，即他们需要休假来调整自己。 第二节 36—40 CEDGA 【短文大意】复习计划可以说是应战任何考试最难的环节，你应该做好复习方案，备考 才会顺利有效。 36. C 根据关键词的原则，C 项中的 uncomfortable 和 36 空下一句中的 some comfort 构成对 比。 37. E 此空选小标题。根据本节段意：毫无疑问复习计划必须排在任何其他事项之前，以保证 你有足够的时间去全面复习所有的科目。故此空选 C。 38. D 本节标题：复习过程中不断评估。38 空后的句子意思是：为了有效地量化进展，我们 推荐学生尝试为每门课程准备练习本，根据相关的考试要点和课程要求标记已经复习 到的地方。故 38 空选 D：复习是一个不断提升的过程。 39. G 根据关键词的原则，G 项中的 strategy 和标题呼应。 40. A 根据关键词的原则，A 项中的 dependent on 和前一句的 Depending on 构成排比。 第三部分 英语知识运用 第一节 完形填空 【短文大意】主人公 Jack 是一名服刑人员。他的女儿 Lily 来监狱看望他时带来一盆 百合花，同时也给他带来了温暖和希望。 41. C 他躺在监狱牢房里等待着他的女儿的探望。根据第三段 detail of Lily's last visit 的提示 可知答案。 42. B 当 Lily 两岁的时候，她的妈妈离家出走了，宣称她不想被一个跛脚的孩子“束缚” 。 announce 宣告，郑重地说（尤指令人不快之事） 。 43. A 同上。 根据第三段第一句话 Lily had lived out her days in a crippled children's home 的提 示可知答案。 44. C Jack 擦了一把额头上的冷汗。wipe sweat 擦汗。 45. D 内心深处他无比悔恨。overcome（感情上）受到极大影响，被（感情等）压倒。 46. B 他的人生开始走下坡路。go downhill 走下坡路。
47. D 酗酒，赌博，打架斗殴。fights 打架。 48. C 他盯着天花板，回忆着 Lily 上一次来探望他时的每一个细节。 49. D 去看犯人时，中间用 screen 隔开，故答案为 D。 50. A 她一笑苍白的脸上就露出酒窝。 51. A 黄色的裙子掩盖了她身体的瘦弱。根据文章大意 Lily 生活在 a crippled children's home， 父母都不在身边好好照顾她，所以她的身体肯定弱小。 52. C 他每一次看到女儿带给他的百合花，内心就感到很温暖。 53. B 她松手之前抱着这个粘土花盆。 54. D 每一次你看到这盆百合花，就想想我，因为我就是你的百合花。 55. A 盛开的百合花照亮他黑暗的世界。brighten 照亮； （使）变明亮。 56. C 每天 Jack 盯着白花花看无数次，透过泪水模糊的双眼他仿佛看到了女儿的脸。Stare at 盯着……看，专注地看。 57. A 句意同上。misty 模糊的； （眼睛）泪汪汪的。 58. B Jack 梦想着他走出监狱成为一个自由的人的那一天。 59. B 同上。 60. D 他会把她带走，带到南方，在那阳光普照，会给他的面颊涂上色彩，使她笑容绽放。根 据第三段中的 her pale face 的提示可知此空填 color 和 pale 对比。 第二节 【短文大意】 一个夏日的晚上，暴风雨造成了停电，幸运的是，作者想起了丈夫两个在芬兰的表弟送 给他们的蜡烛。烛光下，她开始给丈夫的两个表弟写明信片。写完，她又开始给其他的亲 人写，烛光和贺卡使得这个暴风雨的夜晚格外温馨和完美！ 题号 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 答案 cousins out what am sitting thankful have let when looking found into go out 停（电） what 引导宾语从句。 teach sb. to do 动词不定式做宾语补足语。 形容词做表语。 would have let…与过去事实相反的虚拟语气。 when 引导定语从句，修饰 moments enjoy doing 喜欢做某事，动名词做宾语，固定结构。 一般过去时。 make…into…把??变成??。 简析 根据下文 Dear Heli and Rislo,可知是两个人。
The other day we held ∧class meeting to discuss how family conditions a influence high school students. Different student have different opinions about students it. Some students put it that if a student live in bad conditions, he can‘t get what lives he wants to . Some argue that these who enjoy favorable family conditions can those easily get convenience if necessarily. There is no doubt whether it is of great help necessary However development of their ability to live independently. I think high school students are no longer children. So they should learn to live by their own and get well preparing for their future life. Only in this way on 第二节 书面表达 One possible version: Dear Manager, I‘m writing to tell you something that happened to me. Last week I bought an English dictionary from your online bookstore because I am in great need of such a dictionary to help me with my English study. It costs me 25 dollars. But unfortunately when it reached me, I found it very unsatisfactory. There are quite a few misprints and some of the pages are even missing! As far as I am concerned, I‘d like my money back or at least you can change this dictionary for another copy! Personally you should have checked the dictionary to make it sure that the dictionary is of high quality before you delivered to customers. I do hope your service can improve from now on. I‘m looking forward to your reply. Yours, Li Hua 附：听力原文
to their study and future life. Besides, others hold the view that it is against the
can they become useful to society and enjoy a colorful life in the future.
（Text 1） M: I thought you only liked collecting stamps. W: I also like collecting coins. But collecting train tickets is my favorite activity. （Text 2） W: Songs that make our hearts happy can make them stronger, too? M: Sure. It‘s a new find by American researchers and reported in Russia on Tuesday. （Text 3） W: Do you have any change? I‘m dying for candy and this machine won‘t give change. M: Look. This one gives change. I think I‘ll get something to eat, too. （Text 4） W: Good morning. May I help you, sir? M: Yes, could I change these pounds for dollars, please? W: Do you want small bills or large ones? M: Both are OK. （Text 5） M: Why didn‘t you call me yesterday? I was waiting by the phone all day. W: I‘m sorry, but I couldn‘t call. I couldn‘t find a phone. M: What do you mean you couldn‘t call? You have a cellphone, don‘t you? W: I used to have a cellphone. The teacher took it away because I tried to call you from class. （Text 6） M: Hello. Can I help you? W: Oh, hello. Yes. I want something to wear at a conference. M: So, you're looking for something quite smart. W: Yes. Some kind of business suit...Hmm, this is nice. Is this one on sale? M: Yes, it is. There's a 25% reduction on this one. It's a real bargain. W: Hmm. It's still a bit expensive for me. Is there a discount for cash? M: Oh, no, I'm sorry. W: Oh, well, can I try it on? M: Yes, of course. The changing room is just over there. W: Thanks. （Text 7） W: My grandfather hasn't been too well lately. M: Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that. W: He's 79. Don't you think he should slow down a bit at his age? M: Absolutely. W: But he won't listen to me. He says he wants to enjoy his life to the full. M: Fair enough. W: Last summer he went on a two-week cycling holiday in France. Last winter he attended a skiing contest.
M: You are kidding. I can't believe it. W: We're going to give him a big party for his 80th birthday. M: That's great. W: But before that, I'm going to have a word with him and tell him to take things more easy. M: Good for you. （Text 8） M: This is all your fault! This wouldn‘t have happened if you hadn‘t tried to give money to that policeman! W: Well, if you‘d listened to me when I suggested asking someone for directions, we shouldn‘t have got lost in the first place, would we? M: Oh, go on! Blame it all on me! You were the one who was driving when we got stopped by the police. If you hadn‘t been speeding, we wouldn‘t have been stopped at all! W: That‘s not fair. We were doing fine until you suddenly decided you knew a quicker way! M: Oh, come on! I only suggest it because we were running so late. We would‘ve been fine if you hadn‘t suggested driving instead of taking the train. W: No! We would‘ve been fine if you had remembered to book tickets! （Text 9） W: Why is it that some children perform better than others at school? M: Obviously, certain children are brighter than others. But it is not that simple. A lot of emphasis is placed on intelligence measured by tests. W: The so-called IQ tests? M: Yes. Basically they are intended to test language and numerical ability, so some children are bound to suffer. This is very unfortunate. A child with an average IQ may turn out to be successful when he grows up. W: What you are saying is that some children have abilities that are not easy to measure. M: Exactly. If these abilities are not discovered early, they cannot be developed. That‘s why there are so many unhappy parents in the world. They are not doing the things they are best at. W: I see. M: But at school, only those who are good with words and numbers will probably do well in exams. W: Right. Is there anything a parent can do to help in this case? M: Yes. In my opinion, a child should be judged on his individual talents. After all, being happy in life is putting your skills to good use, no matter what they are. （Text 10） Mr. Mora is a famous university president. He is remembered as a humorous man because his lectures cause laughter from time to time. He is also remembered by his family and friends for being absent-minded. There are many interesting stories about Mr. Mora, which amuses people. Once on a train, a conductor came to Mr. Mora, asking for his ticket. He began to search his pockets. No ticket appeared. Mr. Mora began searching his suitcase. ―Never mind, sir,‖ said the
conductor, seeing how anxious Mr. Mora was becoming and trying to comfort him. ―When you find your ticket, just post it to the station. I‘m sure you have it somewhere.‖ ―I‘m sure, too,‖ said the president as he continued searching. ―But I must find it. I need to know where I‘m going.‖ Mr. Mora got off the train in New York and hurried to the post office to make a telephone call to his secretary. ―I‘m in New York now but I don‘t know why,‖ said Mr. Mora, feeling like a small boy who had got lost. Within minutes came the short reply, ―You are not supposed to be in New York. You should be in Princeton to give a lecture.‖