知识目标： 本 单 元 需 要 学 习的 重 点单 词 为： journal fare transport Vietnam finally cycle persuade stubborn insist proper properly determine determined
altitude valley? attitude shorts camp record topic familiar brave 本单元需要学习的重点词组为：one-way fare dream of/about persuade somebody to do something be determined to do something as usual change one’s mind give in be familiar with something be familiar to somebody 本单元需要学习的重点句型为： 1. It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. (It is/was. . . who/that. . . ) 2. Although she didn’t know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that we find the source of the river and begin our journey there. (insist that sb. <should>do. . . ) 3. Once she has made up her mind, nothing can change it. (Once. . . ) 本单元需要掌握的交际功能用语为：祝愿和告别(Good wishes and farewells) 1. Have a nice/good day/time. Have a nice/good journey/trip. Good luck! Enjoy yourself! Best wishes to you. Happy New Year! Merry Christmas! Happy birthday! 2. Thank you. You, too. The same to you. 本单元需要掌握的语法为： 现在进行时表示将来(The Present Continuous Tense to express future actions) When are you leaving? How are you going there? Where are you staying? How long are you staying there? When are you coming back? 能力目标： 1. 能根据已知信息推测所听材料的内容以及拼写所听有关单词。 2. 能运用所学语言表达将来的计划，并学会向别人告别和表达祝愿。 3. 学会用英语交流旅游计划，谈论旅游话题。 4. 掌握理解本单元旅游日记的内容和阅读技巧。 5. 学会写书信谈论旅游感受、描写旅游景观等。 情感目标： 1. 运用所学知识在实际生活中安排旅游, 包括选择地点、选择路线、选择旅游方式、查 询费用等。 2. 掌握旅游常识，学会解决旅游中出现的一些问题。 3. 养成外出旅游时写旅游日记的习惯。 4. 了解生态旅游的概念和意义，帮助学生树立为建立人与自然和谐发展的环境而努力 的意识。 课时安排 Period 1:Warming up and Reading Period 2:Important language points
Period 3:Grammar:The Present Continuous Tense for Future Actions Period 4:Listening Period 5:Extensive Reading Period 6:Speaking and Writing Period 7:Revision (Summing up and Learning tip) Period 1 Warming up and Reading 整体设计
Teaching importants:? Get the students to learn different reading skills. Teaching difficulties:? Develop the students’ reading ability, especially the ability of understanding implied meanings. Teaching methods: 1. Task-based teaching and learning 2. Cooperative learning 3. Discussion Teaching aid: The multimedia and other normal teaching tools 三维目标 Knowledge aims: 1. Get the students’ to learn the following useful new words and expressions in this passage:journal fare transport Vietnam finally cycle persuade stubborn insist proper properly determine determined altitude valley attitude change one’s mind? give in 2. Get the students to learn about the usage of The Present Continuous Tense to express future actions. Ability aims: Develop the students reading ability and let them learn to use some reading strategies such as skimming, scanning, and so on. Emotional aims: Stimulate the students’ love for nature by getting them to know the greatness of a river. 教学过程 设计方案（一） →Step 1 Lead-in and Warming up 1. Brainstorming some questions Do you like traveling? Why do you like traveling? Where have you ever been before? How did you get there? If you are given a chance to travel around the world, what kind of transportations will you use and why? Show the chart and ask students to discuss it in pairs.
Name of the transportations Means of transportation by car (in a car) Reasons
by plane (by air)
by train ( on a train)
by bus ( on a bus)
by ship (by water or by boat)
in a hot balloon
by motorbike (on a motorbike)
in a plate
2. Following the steps of the Warm up on Page 17. →Step 2 Pre-reading 1. Imaging and sharing Do you like traveling along a river? What role does a river play in people’s daily life? That is, how do people who live along a river use it? Suggested answers: People can drink the water in a river. People can wash their clothes in a river. People can swim in summer and skate in winter. People can irrigate their fields. People can use a river to produce electricity. People can travel along a river. ...
2. Talking and sharing As is known, the world has many great rivers. On the left are names of some great rivers and the right locations where the rivers lie. Please match them. Names of River Locations Mekong? Germany Rhine? China ，SE Asia Nile? Egypt Congo? England Thames? Central Africa Amazon? US Mississippi? Brazil Ask the students:If you could travel down only one of them, which one would you choose? Why? 3. Listing the countries that the Mekong River flows through. The students read the map and the third paragraph to list the countries that the Mekong River flows through.
Suggested answer:China, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Burma, Vietnam. →Step 4 After-reading →Step 3 While-reading 1. Skimming Listen to the tape and match the main idea with each paragraph Para.1 Preparing for their trip. Para.2 Wang Kun and Wang Wei’s dream. Para.3 Wang Wei is stubborn. 2. Scanning Discuss the text in details. 1)Wang Kun and _his sister Wang Wei are dreaming about taking a great bike trip 2)They have the idea to cycle along the Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 3).What can they see during the journey? It begins in a glacier on a Tibetan mountain 4）At last, the river delter enters the South China Sea. Read the text again, then answer the following questions: 1).What was Wang Kun and Wang Wei’s idea of a good trip? 2). Who planed the trip to the Mekong?
3). Where is the source ofthe Mekong River and 4). What can you see when you travel along the 5). Is it a difficult journey along the Mekong Read the text again ,then finish the following Dream Plan Taking a great trip by ____
which sea does it enter? Mekong? River? form:
Cycling along the entire _______________
Wang Kun, ________ and Yu Hang
①Buying expensive mountain bikes ② Finding a large ____ with good maps that shows details of world geography
①The Mekong River which is called the Lancang River in China begins in a ______ on a Tibetan mountain and enters the ________________ at last. ②At first the river is small and the water is ______ and cold. Then it begins to move ______. After it leaves China and high altitude, it becomes wide, brown and warm. As it enters Southeast Asia, its pace slows. ③Sometimes it becomes ______, sometimes it becomes a waterfall. Read the text again and fill in the blanks My name is Wang Wei. My brother Wang Kun and I have _________________ taking a great bike trip. When we _________ from college, we decided to ride bicycles to travel along the Mekong River. Although I didn’t know the best way of getting to places, I ______ I organize the trip ________. When I knew that the journey would begin at an altitude of more than 5,000 meters, I seemed to be ______ about it. When I was told the air there would be cold and hard to ______, I thought it would be an interesting _________. Once I have _______________, nothing can change it. So Wang Kun had to ______. Because I wouldn’t change my mind, someone says I am a little _________, but I think I am just a person with great determination. What do you think of Wang Wei? What can you learn from her? →Step 4 Homework 1. Finish off the workbook exercises. 2. Retell the passage in your own words within 200 hundred words. 板书设计 Unit 3 Travel journal PART 1 THE DREAM AND THE PLAN
Match rhe main dea with the paragraph. Para1: Wang Kun and Wang Wei’s dream. Para2: Wang Wei is stubborn. Para3: Preparing for their trip.
Summary： students can understand the text well, they can find the answers to the questions.To The improve their reading ability ,Ishould give them more exercises to practice. Unit 3 Travel journal Period 2 Important Language Points? 整体设计 Teaching important points: ? 1. Enable the students to grasp the usages of such important new words and expressions as persuade, insist, care about, give in, etc. 2. Get the students to master the usage of the pattern “It is. . . that/who. . . ” Teaching important points:? 1. Let the students learn the usage of the word “insist”. 2. Enable the students to master the usage of the pattern “It is. . . that/who. . . ” and understand some difficult and long sentences. Teaching methods:? 1. Discussing, summarizing and practicing 2. Cooperative learning Teaching aid:? The multimedia and other normal teaching tools Knowledge aims: 1. Get the students to learn and grasp some important new words and expressions:journal fare transport Vietnam finally cycle persuade stubborn insist proper properly determine determined altitude valley attitude change one’s mind care about give in 2. Get the students to learn some useful sentence patterns: 1)It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. (It is/was. . . who/that. . . ) 2)Although she didn’t know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that we find the source of the river and begin our journey there. (insist that sb. <should> do. . . ) 3)She gave me a determined look—the kind that said she wouldn’t change her mind. (the Attributive Clause) 4)Once she has made up her mind, nothing can change it. (Once. . . ) Ability aims: 1. Enable the students to use some useful words and expressions correctly. 2. Enable the students to make sentences after the useful sentence patterns. Emotional aims: 1. Stimulate the students’ interest in learning English. 2. Develop the students’ spirit of cooperation and teamwork. 教学过程 设计方案（一） →Step 1 Revision
1. Check the homework exercises. 2. Ask some students to tell something about Wang Kun and Wang Wei’s bike trip or the Mekong River. →Step 2 Reading and practice 1. Get the students to read the reading passage again to underline all the new words and useful expressions or collocations in the passage. Collocations:dream about, take a great bike trip, graduate from, get the chance to do sth. , cycle along the river, go for long bike rides, mountain bike, persuade sb. to do sth. , grow up, get sb. interested in sth. , the best way of getting to places, the source of the river, care about, give sb. a determined look, change one’s mind, at an altitude of, an interesting experience, make up one’s mind, give in, a large atlas with good maps, keep doing sth. , pass through, be surprised to do sth. , half of, at last, the South China Sea 2. Do the exercises in Discovering useful words and expressions on Page 20. →Step 3 Checking Explain the problems the students meet while checking the answers. →Step 4 Language Points 1. one-way fare single-way fare 单程票价 round-way fare 往返/双程票价 one-way ticket 单程票 round-way ticket 往返/双程票 2. dream about dream of 梦想，梦见（后接名词、代词或动名词） What a small world! I wouldn’t dream about/of meeting you here. 世界真小，想不到会在这儿遇见你。 The young soldier sometimes dreams about/of his hometown. 这名年轻的士兵有时会梦到自己的家乡。 3. persuade vt. to cause to do something by reasoning, arguing, begging, etc. 说服；劝服 Try to persuade him to let us go with him. 尽量说服他让我们和他一起去。 Nothing would persuade him. 什么也说服不了他。 He persuaded her to go to school, even though she did not want to. 尽管她不想去上学，他还是说服她去了。 1)persuade sb. into/out of sth. /doing sth. to cause sb. (not)to do sth. by arguing or reasoning 说服或劝说某人（不）做某事 Wang Kun couldn’t persuade his sister into changing her mind. 王昆说服不了他姐姐改变主意。 The old man finally persuaded the little boy out of stealing. 老人最终说服小男孩不偷东西了。 2)persuade sb. +that clause :cause sb. to believe sth. ; convince sb. 使某人信服 How can I persuade you that I am telling the truth? 我怎样才能使你相信我说的是实话呢？ advise&persuade: advise vt. to tell (somebody)what one thinks should be done; give advice to somebody 建议；
忠告 I advised waiting until the proper time. 我建议等到适当的时候。 I advised her that she should wait. 我建议她应该等下去。 He will advise you what to do. 他会建议你们怎么办。 The doctor advised me to take more exercise. 医生嘱咐我多加锻炼。 Note:“说而不服或说而无果”应该使用 advise sb. to do sth. /try to persuade sb. to do sth. 。 I advised/tried to persuade her not to go out alone at night, but she didn’t listen to me. 我劝她晚上不要一个人出去，但她不听我的。 I had advised/tried to persuade him not to stay up late, but he still didn’t go to bed until midnight. 我劝他不要熬到太晚，但是他仍旧到午夜才去睡觉。 4. insist vi. & vt. to demand (sth. )forcefully, not accepting a refusal 坚持或坚决要求 Since he insisted, I had to stay. 既然他坚持，我只好留了下来。 I insist on your being there. 我坚持要你在那里。 Mary insisted that she was right. 玛丽坚持说她是对的。 We all insist that we (should)not rest until we finish the work. 我们大家都坚决要求不完工就不休息。 1)insist on (upon)sth. /doing sth. to require or demand (the specified thing); refuse to accept an alternative 一定要（某事物） ，坚决主张 She insists on getting up early and playing her radio loud. 她老是一大早起来把收音机音量开得很大。 She decided to insist upon the itinerary that would include Thailand instead of just going to China. 她决定坚持包括泰国在内的路线而不是只去中国。 2)insist+that clause The man insisted that he didn’t steal anything and he (should)be set free at once. 那个男子坚持说他没有偷东西，应该立刻被释放。 He insisted that he______________ really very tired and that he______________ to have a rest. A. was; be allowed B. was; must be allowed C. should be; must be allowed D. should be; be allowed 答案：A 5. care about to be worried (about), concerned (with)or interested (in)忧虑；关心；惦念 Don’t you care about anybody? 你难道谁也不关心吗？
I don’t much care about going to the party. 我不太想去参加晚会。 1)care for sth. /care to do sth. to be willing or agree to do sth. ; wish or like to do sth. 愿意或 同意做某事；希望或喜欢做某事，多用于否定句或疑问句，尤与 would 连用。 My wife doesn’t really care for tea; she likes coffee better. 我妻子其实不喜欢喝茶，她喜欢喝咖啡。 Would you care to visit us this weekend? 你愿意本周末来我们这儿玩玩吗? I couldn’t care for him to join the club, because he is sort of mischievous. 我不愿让他参加俱乐部，因为他有几分淘气。 2)care for sb. (1)to like or love sb. 喜欢或爱某人 She cares for him very much. 她非常喜欢他。 (2)to look after sb. ; to take care of sb. ; to be responsible for sb. 照看某人；照顾某人；对 某人负责 Uncle Dick is very good at caring for sick animals. 狄克大叔照管生病的动物很在行。 Who will care for your child if you are out? 如果你外出了，谁来照顾你的孩子？ 6. determine vt. & vi. 1)to decide 决定；确定 The size of your feet determines the size of your shoes. 脚的尺寸决定着鞋子的大小。 2)cause to decide 使（某人）决定 What determined you to accept the offer? 什么原因使你接受此项提议？ The news determined him against further delay. 此消息使他决定不再拖延。 determine on/upon (doing)sth. =make up one’s mind to do sth. determine to do sth. determine+clause determine+what/where/. . . + to do; be determined to do sth. He determined on going to collage. =He was determined to go to collage. 他决心上大学。 We determined on an early start. =We determined to start early. 我们决定早开始。 He firmly determined to learn Greek. 他下决心学习希腊文。 Have you determined where you are going to spend your holidays? =Have you determined where to spend your holidays? 你已决定将到何处度假了吗？ determined adj. determination n.
7. change one’s mind to form a new and different intention, opinion, or desire 改变主意 Once he has made up his mind, nothing can be done to change his mind. 他一旦下定决心，什么也改变不了他的主意。 Note:change one’s mind 和 make up one’s mind 中的 mind 是可数名词，意思是“想法；主 意”，单复数随 one’s 变化。 Once we have made up our minds, nothing can be done to change our minds. 我们一旦下定决心，什么也改变不了我们的主意。 8. give in v. adv. (to) 1)to yield 屈服；投降；让步 He would die than give in. 他宁死不屈。 Don’t give in to him/his opinion. 不要向他屈服。 The mother gave in and bought a toy for her child. 妈妈做出让步，给孩子买了个玩具。 2)to deliver; hand in 宣布；上交 Give in your examination papers (to your teacher) when you’ve finished. 做完后把试卷交上。 give in & give up: give up 放弃 give up sth. /doing sth. 放弃某物；停止做某事 Don’t give up. You still have chances to win in the match. 不要放弃，你还有机会赢得这场比赛。 All the girls swam across the lake except 2, who gave up halfway. 除了两个中途放弃外，所有女孩都游过湖去。 The doctor told him to give up sugar and smoking. 医生叫他戒糖戒烟。 give about 散布；传播 give away 泄露；赠送；放弃 give back 归还；送回 give off 发出（气味、光、热、声音等） give out 用完；用尽；发出（光、热、气体、声音） (1)He didn’t______________ the enemy even______________ torture. A. give in; under B. give in to; below C. give up; over D. give in to; under (2)Don’t mention that at the beginning of the story, or it may______________ the shocking ending. A. give away B. give out? C. give up D. give off 答案：(1)D (2)A 9. honor 1)vt. to show sb. respect for sb. /sth. ; give public praise and distinction to sb. 向某人或某事 物致敬；表扬某人；给某人荣誉 I feel highly honored by your trust.
我得到您的信任，感到十分荣幸。 Will you honor me with a visit? 如蒙造访则荣幸之至。 Teachers are honored by all in this country. 在这个国度里教师受到所有人的尊重。 2)n. source of pride and pleasure; privilege; reputation for greatness, good behaviour, truthfulness; great respect; high public reward 光荣；荣幸；荣誉；名誉；信誉；崇敬；敬意 It is a great honor to be invited. 承蒙邀请，十分荣幸。 The athletes competed for the honor of their country. 运动员们为了祖国的荣誉而相互竞争。 They stood in silence as a mark of honor to her. 他们肃立向她致敬。 add honor to 为……增添荣誉 do honor to 向……表示敬意 in honor of 为纪念…… on one’s honor 以名誉担保 be honored with 给……荣誉 have the honor of doing 向……表示敬意 (1)I feel highly______________ the kind things you say about me. A. honored for? B. honor for? C. honored by? D. honor by (2)Washington, a state in the United States, was named______________ one of the greatest American president. A. in honor of? B. instead of? C. in case of? D. in need of 答案：(1)C (2)A →Step 5 Sentence focus 1. It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 这是一个复合句，主句“It was my sister who first had the idea. . . ”是强调句型， 强调的是句子的主语 my sister；where it begins 和 where it ends 都是宾语从句，分 别作介词 from 和 to 的宾语。整个句子可以翻译成“首先想到要沿湄公河从源头 到终点骑自行车旅游的就是我的姐姐。” 这里需要注意的是，强调句型可以用来强调除谓语以外的任何成分，如果被 强调部分是表示人的名词或代词，可用 that，也可以用 who，其他情况下一律用 that。 It was I who/that saw Mary in the street this afternoon. （强调主语） It was Mary that/whom I saw in the street this afternoon. （强调宾语） It was in the street that I saw Mary this afternoon. （强调地点状语） It was this afternoon that I saw Mary in the street. （强调时间状语） 下面几点供老师参考去延伸讲解： 1)强调句的一般疑问句 Was it your brother that/whom you met at McDonald? （强调宾语） Is it Tom that has borrowed your money recently? （强调主语） 2)强调句的特殊疑问句
Where was it that you saw her mobile phone yesterday? （强调地点状语） How is it that you will go to visit her tomorrow? （强调方式状语） 3)强调从句 It was because it was raining hard that I came home late. （强调状语从句） It was what you said that really made us excited. （强调主语从句） 4)not until 结构的强调 It was not until it stopped that we got off the bus.（注意： 强调该结构时 not until 不能分开） 5)强调时间状语和地点状语时与定语从句的区别 It was in 1921 that our Party was founded. （强调句） It was 1921 when our Party was founded. （定语从句） It was on the farm that we practiced planting crops. （强调句） It was the farm where we learned a lot. （定语从句） 表示时间或地点的名词前有介词时， 一般为强调句型； 前面没有介词时， 多为定语从句。 但应注意，有些表示时间的名词或短语在作状语时本身不需要加介词，也应视为强调句型。 It was yesterday/last week that we chatted a lot on line. 昨天/上周我们在网上聊了许多。 It was not until she got home______________ Jennifer realized she had lost her keys. A. when? B. that? C. where? D. before 答案：B 2. Although she didn’t know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that we find the source of the river and begin our journey there. 这里的 Although she didn’t know the best way of getting to places 是让步状语 从句；that we find the source of the river and begin our journey there 是宾语从句， 用的是虚拟语气。整个句子可以翻译成“尽管她对到某些地方的最佳路线并不清 楚，她却坚持我们要找到河的源头，并从那里开始我们的行程。” 动词 insist 在表示“坚持某人应该……”时，后面的宾语从句应该使用虚 拟语气，即 should+动词原形或省略 should 直接用动词原形。 They insisted that he (should)be present at the ceremony. 他们坚持认为他应该出席庆典仪式。 Mother insisted that a girl (should)not go out alone at night. 妈妈坚持认为女孩子不应该晚上一个人出去。 3. She gave me a determined look—the kind that said she wouldn’t change her mind. 这里的 the kind 是 a look 的同位语， said she wouldn’t change her mind 是 that 引导的 that 定语从句。determined 在句中的意思是“坚决的，坚定的”；say 的意思是“指明，表明”。整 个句子可以翻译成“她给了我一个坚定的眼神——这种眼神表明她是不会改变主意的”。 She is a very determined woman who always gets what she wants. 她是一名意志非常坚定的妇女，总是会得到她想要的东西。 The clock on the wall said a quarter to ten. 墙上的钟表明差一刻十点。 4. Once she has made up her mind, nothing can change it. 这里的 Once she has made up her mind 是状语从句，相当于 When she has made up her mind。once 在这里用作连词，表示 as soon as 一旦；一……就……。整个句子可以翻译成“她 一旦下了决心，什么也不能使她改变。” Once you understand the rule, you will have no difficulty.
一旦明白了这条规则，你就再也没有困难了。 What will we do once the money is used up? 钱一旦用完，我们该怎么办？ Once printed, this dictionary will be very popular! 一旦出版，这本词典将会非常畅销！ once adv. 1)(for)one time 一次 2)at some time in the past 一度；曾经 3)all at once:suddenly 突然 Once a year, a race is held for old cars. 每年举行一次旧式小汽车比赛。 It once seemed inconceivable to everyone that men should travel to the moon. 人们一度认为，人飞上月球似乎是不可想象的。 All at once the door opened. 门突然开了。 ______________ environmental damage is done, it takes many years for the ecosystem (生 态系统)to recover. A. Even if? B. If only? C. While? D. Once 答案：D 5. It becomes rapids as it passes through deep valleys, traveling across western Yunnan Province. 这里的 as it passes through deep valleys 是时间状语从句，traveling across western Yunnan Province 是现在分词作伴随状语，整个句子可以翻译成“它穿过深谷时就变成了激流，流经 云南西部。” They came to the street, looking for the lost dog. 他们来到街上，寻找丢失的狗。 The boys and girls went to school, singing and dancing all the way. 孩子们走在上学的路上，载歌载舞。 through&across: through 和 across 都有“经过”“穿过”的意思，但二者又有区别。through 是指在物体内部 穿过，它的含义和 in 有关；across 是指在物体表面上经过，它的含义和 on 有关。 We walked through the market to the truck park. 我们穿过市场来到了卡车停车场。 They walked across the playground and disappeared in the dark. 他们穿过操场，消失在黑暗中。 →Step 6 Consolidation Test for important language points. Show the following on the screen. Translate the following sentences. 1. 去北京的单程火车票价是多少？ 2. 我怎么才能使你相信我的诚实？ 3. 他坚定的表情告诉我们，谁都无法改变他的想法。 4. 妈妈坚持说我累了，应该在 10:00 前上床睡觉。 5. 小英雄刘胡兰宁死不屈。 6. It was only when I reread these poems recently that I began to appreciate their beauty.
7. Was it Tom who helped you with your homework? 8. The old man died, leaving his wife and children a lot of money. 9. Once you talk to her, you’ll know she is a warm-hearted person. 10. His advice determined me to delay no more. Several minutes later, check the answers with the whole class. Deal with any problems students meet if necessary. Suggested answers: 1. What’s the one-way train fare to Beijing? 2. How can I persuade you that I am honest/of my honesty? 3. His determined look told us that no one could make him change his mind at all. 4. Mother insisted that I was tired and that I should go to bed before 10:00 o’clock. 5. The little heroine, Liu Hulan would rather die than give in. 6. 我是最近重读这些诗时，才欣赏到它们的美。 7. 是汤姆帮你完成家庭作业的吗？ 8. 老人过世了，留给他妻子和孩子们一大笔钱。 9. 一旦你和她谈谈，你就知道她是一个热心人。 10. 他的劝告使我决定不再拖延。 →Step 7 Workbook Do the exercises in Using words and expressions on Page 56. →Step 8 Homework 1. Finish off the Workbook exercises. Write down Exercise 3 in the exercise book. 2. Learn the new words and expressions by heart. 板书设计 Unit 3 Travel journal Important Language Points
Words and expressions persuade Usages persuade sb. into/out of sth. /doing sth. persuade sb. +that clause insist insist on (upon)sth. /doing sth. insist+that clause Examples Wang Kun couldn’t persuade his sister into changing her mind. How can I persuade you that I am telling the truth? She insists on getting up early and playing her radio loud. We all insist that we (should)not rest until we finish the work. The man insisted that he didn’t steal anything and he (should)be set free at once. ...
Summary: The students can understand the language points well, but they can’t put them into practice. I should give them more exercises to practice. Unit 3 Travel journal Period 3 Grammar? (The Present Continuous Tense for Future Actions) 整体设计 Teaching important points:? Get the students to master the usage of the Present Continuous Tense for future actions. Teaching difficult points:
Enable the students learn how to use the Present Continuous Tense to express future actions. Teaching methods: 1. Task-based teaching and learning 2. Cooperative learning 3. Discussion and practice Teaching aid:? A projector and other normal teaching tools 三维目标 Knowledge aims: 1. Get the students to learn the usage of the Present Continuous Tense for future actions. 2. Let the students learn the ways to express good wishes and farewells, and the means of transportation. Ability aims: 1. Enable the students to use the Present Continuous Tense to express future actions properly in different situations. 2. Enable the students to know how to express good wishes and farewells. Emotional aim: Enable the students to communicate with others well by properly using the patterns to express good wishes and farewells. 教学过程 设计方案（一） →Step 1 Revision 1. Check the homework exercises. 2. Dictate some new words and expressions. 3. Emphasize elements of the sentence, using the pattern “It is. . . that/who. . . ”, and then ask questions according to the elements emphasized. →Step 2 Lead-in Enjoy the song “I’m babysitting on Thursday” to present the Present Continuous Tense. →Step 3 Summary Show the following on the screen. The Present Continuous Tense for future actions The Present Continuous Tense can be used to express a plan or an arrangement. 现在进行时可用来表示一个在最近按计划或打算要进行的动作；表示将来意义的现在进行 时由句中表示将来时间的词语或上下文表明。 能用进行时表示将来的动词（并非所有的动词） ：come, go, leave, start, arrive, give, return, sleep, stay, play, do, take, get, see off, travel, fly, drive, walk, reach, meet, . . . →Step 4 Practice 1. A newspaper reporter is interviewing Wang Wei about her plans for the trip along the Mekong River. However, they are not sure about some of the verb tenses. Can you help them complete their conversation? Do Exercise 2 on Page 21. Check the answers with the whole class. 2. Do you have any plans for the future yourselves? If you have any, please use the Present Continuous Tense to express your future actions. Do Exercise 3 on Page 21. The students’ answers vary. Discuss them with some students. 3. Turn the following into English, using the Present Continuous Tense for future actions.
1)我星期五动身去北京。 2)我的朋友今晚过来。 3)我明天去参观长城。 4)下课后我们打算在操场踢足球。 5)下周五我们乘飞机去上海。 Suggested answers: 1)I’m leaving for Beijing this Friday. 2)My friends are coming over this evening. 3)I’m visiting the Great Wall tomorrow morning. 4)After class we are playing football on the playground. 5)We are flying to Shanghai next Friday. →Step 5 Multiple choices Show the picture on the screen or give out the exercise papers. 1)—I’m going to Britain. —How long______________ you______________ in Britain? A. did; stay? B. are; staying? C. have; stayed? D. are; stayed 2)Will you tell us something about the weather in Canada? I______________ to that. A. come? B. am coming? C. am going? D. come 3)—When are you leaving? —The plane______________ at 11:05. A. takes off? B. will take off ? C. taking off? D. took off 4)I think if we______________ abroad, most probably we will go by CAAC. A. were going? B. are going? C. had been? D. have been 5)—I’m going to Shanghai for a few weeks. —______________. A. Good-bye? B. See you? C. Havea good time? D. I like it 6)A new movie______________ at the theatre this week. Would you like to see it? A. will put on B. has put on? C. is being put on D. has been put on 7)—Where are you going for your holidays? —______________. A. I haven’t made up my mind yet? B. I’m going to Australia on business C. What a good idea D. I won’t have to go 8)—I’ll go camping this weekend. —______________. A. Don’t give up now B. No, I’m too busy C. Have a good time D. Can you fish? 9)I’ve won a holiday for two to Florida. I______________ my mum. A. am taking B. have taken? C. take D. will have taken First get the students to do the following exercises. Then the answers are given. The teacher can give them explanations where necessary. Suggested answers: 1)B 2)B 3)A 4)B 5)C 6)C 7)B 8)C 9)A →Step 7 Workbook
Do Exercise 1 and Exercise 2 in Using structures on Page 57. If time doesn’t permit, Exercise 2 can be homework. →Step 8 Homework 1. Finish off the workbook exercises. 2. Learn the important points by heart. 板书设计 Unit 3 Travel journal Grammar
The Present Continuous Tense for Future Actions The Present Continuous Tense can be used to express a plan or an arrangement. 现在进行时可用来表示一个在最近按计划或打算要进行的动作；表示将来意义的现在进行时由句中表示将 来时间的词语或上下文表明。 能用进行时表示将来的动词（并非所有的动词） ：come, go, leave, start, arrive, give, return, sleep, stay, play, do, take, get, see off, travel, fly, drive, walk, reach, meet, . . .
Summary: The students can understand the grammar, but they can’t do the exercises well. In the future, I should give them more exercises. Unit 3 Travel journal Period 4 Listening 整体设计\ Teaching important points: Develop the students’ listening ability. Teaching difficult points:? Get the students to listen and understand different listening materials. 教学方法? 1. Task-based listening 2. Cooperative learning Teaching aid:? A tape recorder and other normal teaching tools 三维目标 Knowledge aims: 1. Get the students to learn some useful new words and expressions. 2. Get the students to know about the simile. Ability aims: 1. Enable students to catch and understand the listening materials. 2. Develop the students’ ability to get special information and take notes while listening. Emotional aims: Get the students to know more about the Mekong Delta region by listening to and understand listening materials, thus stimulate the students’ love for nature. 教学过程 设计方案（一） →Step 1 Revision 1. Check the homework exercises. 2. Ask some students to make a dialogue, using the Present Continuous Tense for future actions. →Step 2 Warming up 1. Ask some students to talk about Part 1 THE DREAM AND THE PLAN. 2. Tell the students:We are going to listen to Part 3 CHATING WITH A GIRL. On the way to meet
their cousins, the two travelers Wang Wei and Wang Kun see a girl walking along the road. Wan Kun stops to speak to her. →Step 3 Listening Turn to Page 23 and do each exercise in turn. Before listening, read aloud the tasks and make sure the students understand what to do. Try to guess what the listening is about. 1. Play the tape, then let the students do Exercise 2:Listen to Part 3 CHATING WITH A GIRL and tick the statement which tells main idea of the dialogue. Check the answer with the whole class. 2. Play the tape again for the students to answer the following questions: Where is the girl from? What do people in Laos use the river for? Why do people in Laos call the river “the sea of Laos”? What is the river called in Tibet and Vietnam? What other beautiful sights along the Mekong River in Laos? 3. Play the tape for the third time for students to finish the passage in Exercise 3. Several minutes later, check the answers with the whole class. Play the tape again if necessary. 4. Get into pairs and continue the dialogue between Wang Kun and the girl, using the expressions for good wishes and farewells. →Step 4 Listening (on Page 55 in the Workbook) Tell the students:Turn to Page 55. We are going to listen to Part 4 OCTOBER IN LAOS. Go through the tasks first and make sure you understand what to do. 1. Play the tape for the students to do Exercise 2:Listen to Part 4 of JOURNAL DOWN THE MEKONG and tick the words you hear on the tape. 2. Play the tape again for the students to do Exercise 3:Listen to this material again and answer the questions. 3. In groups make a list of adjectives to describe the countryside in Laos. 4. Check the answers with the whole class. Play the tape again if necessary. →Step 5 Listening task (on Page 58 in the Workbook) Tell the students:We are going to listen to Part 5 ON THE ROAD IN LAOS. In this part, Wang Kun is describing a few of the things they saw during their tour. 1. Before listening, look at the picture and discuss the questions. 1)Is this photo a modern one or was it take many years ago? How do you know? 2)What information can you get from the picture? 2. Play the tape for the students to write the main idea in one sentence. 3. Play the tape again for the students to fill in the information on the chart.
Life along the river in the past 1? 2? 3 Life along the river now 1? 2? 3
4. Discuss the questions. 1)How did Wang Kun and Wang Wei greet the old man? 2)What did they talk about? 3)Do people like the change of lifestyle? What about the old man’s attitude? 4)Why does the man prefer the old day of life? Several minutes later, check the answers with the whole class. Play the tape again if necessary.
→Step 6 Homework 1. Finish off the Workbook exercises. 2. Try to retell Part 3 CHATING WITH A GIRL, Part 4 OCTOBER IN LAOS and Part 5 ON THE ROAD IN LAOS. 板书设计 Unit 3 Travel journey Listening
Part 3 CHATING WITH A GIRL On the way to meet their cousins, the two travelers see a girl walking along the road. Wan Kun stops to chat with her. . . ... ...
Part 4 Part 5
OCTOBER IN LAOS ON THE ROAD IN LAOS
Summary: The students can’ listen to the text well, in the future, I should give them more exercises to practice. Unit 3 Travel journal Period 5 Extensive Reading 整体设计 Teaching important points:? Develop the students’ reading skills by extensive reading. Teaching difficult points:? Enable the students to learn to use reading strategies such as skimming, scanning, and so on. Teaching methods: 1. Task-based teaching and learning 2. Cooperative learning 3. Discussion Teaching aid:? A tape recorder and other normal teaching tools 三维目标 Knowledge aims: 1. Get the students to learn the new words and expressions:shorts, camp, as usual, so far, put up 2. Get the students to know about Tibet, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Ability aims: 1. Develop the students’ reading skills by extensive reading. 2. Enable the students to learn to use different reading strategies. Emotional aims: 1. Enable the students to love and enjoy nature. 2. Develop the students’ sense of group cooperation. 教学过程 设计方案（一） →Step 1 Revision 1. Check the homework exercises. 2. Ask some students to retell Part 1 THE DREAM AND THE PLAN. →Step 2 Lead-in Show the students the picture:The Tibetan Mountains. Brainstorm the following questions:Have you ever been to Tibet? Do you want to travel in Tibet? Can you tell me something about Tibet? After talking about Tibet, tell the students:Wang Wei and Wang Kun are going on with their Journey Down The Mekong. They are in Tibet now. Turn to Page 22. Read Part 2 A NIGHT IN
THE MOUNTAINS quickly and then answer me several questions. →Step 3 Reading 1. Get the students thinking about the picture and the topic of the passage, then discussing in pairs to predict what it says. 2. Skimming Get the students to read quickly and fill in the chart.
see snowfall clear sky bright stars almost no sound but that of the fire ride bicycle in the snow change autumn clothes to winter clothes change winter clothes back to autumn clothes put up tents to make camp (legs)heavy and cold To climb the mountain was hard work, but to go down the hills was great fun. can hardly wait to see their cousins
3. Scanning Work in pairs. Read the passage again to locate particular information. 1)How does Wang Kun feel about the trip? 2)What do you think has changed his attitude? 3)Is it natural for Wang Kun not to feel lonely? 4)Would you feel the same way in this situation? Why or why not? Suggested answers: 1)She is starting to like the trip. 2)Seeing the beautiful land. 3)Yes. Because the scene Wang Kun saw is beautiful. The sky was clear and the stars were bright. Also their cousins are waiting for him. 4)You may have different opinions about this. Just speak it out and let us share your idea, will you? 4. Language Points While checking the students’ answers, deal with any language problems to see if the students can guess the meanings of the new words and expressions. 5. Reading and underlining Read the passage quickly again and underline all the useful expressions and collocations in it. Collocations: although, ride bicycles, in front of, as usual, need to do sth. , be great fun, reach a valley, much
warmer, change. . . into. . . , T-shirts, shorts, in the early evening, stop to do sth. , make camp, put up, after supper, go to sleep, stay awake, at midnight, become clear, so. . . that. . . , the sound of the fire, so far, join sb. , hardly wait to see, change one’s attitude 6. Reading aloud Play the tape for the students to listen and mark the rising and falling tone of each sense group and sentence. Then practice reading aloud. →Step 4 Consolidation Retell each part of JOURNEY DOWN THE MEKONG. Work in groups. →Step 7 Homework 1. Finish off the Workbook exercises. 2. Write a summary for each part of JOURNEY DOWN THE MEKONG. 板书设计 Unit 3 Travel journal Extensive reading
JOURNEY DOWN THE MEKONG Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 A night in the mountains
Summary: The students can understand the text well, they can find the answers to the questions, in the future, I should give them more exercises to practice. Unit 3 Travel journal Period 6 Speaking and Writing 整体设计 Teaching important points: 1. Develop the students’ speaking ability. 2. Get the students to learn to write an email and a travel poster. Teaching difficult points: Get the students to make an advertisement or a brochure. Teaching methods:? Discussing and cooperative -learning Teaching aid:? The multimedia and other normal teaching tools 三维目标 Knowledge aims: 1. Get the students to learn some useful new words and expressions. 2. Get the students to know about what a dam does to a river and the people who live on it. 3. Get the students to learn the form of an email and the ways to express good wishes. Ability aims: 1. Develop the students’ speaking ability. 2. Get the students to learn how to write an email and how to express good wishes in it. 3. Get the students to learn how to make a travel poster. Emotional aims: Enable the students to master writing skills and write excellent emails and make wonderful posters.
教学过程 设计方案（一） →Step 1 Revision 1. Check the homework exercises. 2. Ask some students to summarize JOURNEY DOWN THE MEKONG. →Step 2 Speaking 1. Show students the pictures of the Aswan Dam, the Hoover Dam and the Three Gorges Dam and talk about them. 2. Work in pairs and discuss the question:What do you think a dam does to a river and the people who live on it? 3. Make a list of good and bad things a dam does. Good things: 1)control floods 2)make electricity 3)The raised water level makes it possible for heavy-loaded ships to pass. 4)bring new scenery Bad things: 1)force the people to move from their land and homes 2)The Three Gorges Dam has forever changed some of the most historically celebrated scenery in the area. 3)Refugees are economically, culturally and psychologically devastated. 4)People in the Mekong Delta suffer from diseases dams and large irrigation projects in the tropics bring. 5)The construction of dams in Southeast Asia has brought some of the countries into heavy debts. 4. Discuss your report with your classmates. →Step 3 Writing 1. Pre-writing 1)Talk about what is the difference between a diary and a travel journey. Show the two passages on the screen. Passage 1: It is the most beautiful spot I have visited in the world to date. It has delicious air, sparkling lakes, and stunning scooped-out vistas from a bygone age. I have heard others speak effusively about its jaw-dropping beauty. But after seeing Glacier for myself, I can honestly say that prior descriptions did not do it justice. It exceeded my expectations. It’s spectacular. Passage 2: At 6:00 am, my classmates and I met at the school gate. Then we went to the Xihu Park by bus. In the morning, we went to the zoo, where we saw many different animals. Of all the animals, I like monkeys best. At noon we had a picnic lunch on the grassland. After a short rest, we went boating on the Yingshan Lake. We held a boat race and our team won. At about 4:00 in the afternoon, we went home. Ask the students to decide which a diary is and which a travel journal is. (Passage 1 is a travel journal while Passage 2 is a diary. ) 2)Make a list of details from the travel journal that you believe are real and you don’t believe are real.
Real details 1. 2. 3.
Unreal details 1. 2.
2. While-writing 1)Write a short email to Wang Kun as a friend of his and ask him something about Laos. 2)Read your writing and check the mistakes by yourselves. 3)Exchange your writing and correct the mistakes. 4)Rewrite the email again. 3. After-writing 1)Choose some samples and show them in class. 2)Tips on writing: Pay attention to the form of an email. Pay attention to the tense while writing. Pay attention to the structures of the sentences. →Step 4 Language Points 1. record 1) vt. 记录，记载；录音，录制 This volume records the history of the city. 这部书记录了该城市的历史。 The songs were recorded by the radio company. 这些歌曲是由广播公司录制的。 2)vi. 进行录音；被录音 Her voice records well. 她的声音录下来很好听。 3)n. 记录，记载；唱片 The doctor keeps a record of all the serious illnesses in the village. 医生保存了这个村庄所有严重疾病的记录。 The young singer is very popular and has made a lot of records by far. 这位年轻的歌手很受欢迎，目前已录制了很多唱片。 make a record 录制唱片 set a record 创记录 break a record 打破记录 keep a record 保持记录 keep a record of 把……记录下 for the record 正式记录在案 off the record 非正式的 on record 记录下来的 2. familiar adj. 熟悉的 This song sounds familiar. 这首歌听起来很熟悉。 I could hear Mary playing a familiar tune. 我能听到玛丽正在弹奏一首熟悉的曲子。 be familiar to & be familiar with: 1)be familiar to sb. 意思是“为某人所熟悉”，主语可以是 sb. 或 sth. 。 The city is familiar to me. 这座城市对我来说很熟悉。 He was familiar to me but I couldn’t think of his name at once. 他对我很熟悉，但我一时想不起他的名字。 2)be familiar with sth. 意思是“对某事熟悉”，主语通常是 sb. 。
Are you familiar with the rules of baseball? 你熟悉棒球规则吗? He is familiar with Chinese ancient history. 他通晓中国古代史。 be familiar to 和 be familiar with 的转换 That man is not familiar to me. → I am not familiar with that man. 我对那个人不熟悉。 3. For one thing. . . (for another. . . )一方面……，另一方面……；一则……，再则…… For one thing, a journal isn’t as personal as a diary. For another, a travel journal has a different purpose. 一方面，旅行日志不像日记那样涉及私事；另一方面，它也有不同的目的。 For one thing, I haven’t any money; for another, I don’t like the style. 一则，我没有钱；再则，我也不喜欢那款式。 →Step 5 Consolidation Translate the following sentences into English. 1. 在这次运动会上，没有人打破记录。 2. 这是有记录以来最冷的冬天。 3. 你熟悉棒球规则吗? 4. 这首歌听起来我很熟悉。 5. 她一来很漂亮，二来又聪明。 Suggested answers: 1. During this sports meet no one broke any record. 2. This was the coldest winter on record. 3. Are you familiar with the rules of baseball? 4. This song sounds familiar to me. 5. For one thing, she is pretty; for another, she is clever. →Step 6 Workbook Work in groups of four and make a poster on Page 60 or finish the project on Page 61. →Step 7 Homework 1. Finish off the Workbook exercises. 2. Write down the letter to Wang Wei in the exercise book. 板书设计 Unit 3 Travel journal Speaking and writing
Real details 1. anything about the geography of China and Southeast Asia? 2. the people who live there? 3. the places the bikers visit Unreal details 1. anything about the four bikers 2. their personal experiences Tips on writing 1. the form of writing a letter? 2. the tense while writing? 3. the structures of the sentences
Summary: The students can’t speak English well and write the text well, in the future, I should give them more exercises to ptactise. Unit 3 Travel journal Period 7 Revision? (Summing up and Learning tip)? 整体设计
Teaching impoint points: Get the students to review and consolidate what they have learned inthis unit. Teaching difficult points:? Get the students to turn what they have learned into their ability. Teaching methods:? Summarizing, discussing and practicing Teaching methods:? A projector and other normalteaching tools 三维目标 Knowledge aims: 1. Get the students to go over useful new words and expressions. 2. Have the students review the grammar:the Present Continuous Tense for future actions. Ability aims: 1. Develop the students’ ability to use the important language points. 2. Enable the students to learn to express good wishes and farewells. Emotional aims: 1. Get the students to keep a travel journal when they go on a journey. 2. Enable the students learn to make a trip plan and find a place to travel. 教学过程 设计方案（一） →Step 1 Revision 1. Check the homework exercises. 2. Dictate some new words and useful expressions. →Step 2 Lead-in Tell the students:Up to now, we have finished Unit 3. Have you learned and grasped all in this unit? Turn to Page 24. You can check yourself by filling in the blanks in the part Summing Up. →Step 3 Summing Up Five minutes for the students to sum up by themselves. Then check and explain something where necessary. Suggested answers: Write down what you have learned about traveling. (The students’ answer may vary. )We have mainly learned about planning for a trip and solving problems after the trip has begun. From this unit you have also learned useful verbs:transport, cycle, persuade, insist, determine, camp, record useful nouns:journal, fare, transport, Vietnam, altitude, valley, attitude, shorts, camp, record, topic useful adjectives:stubborn, proper, determined, familiar, brave other expressions:change one’s mind, give in new grammar item:the Present Continuous Tense for future actions →Step 4 Word and expression exercises 1. Show the following exercises on the screen or give out the exercise papers. 1)Fill in the blanks to complete the following sentences. (1)Mary is such a______________ (固执的)girl that no one can______________ (说服)her to do anything. (2)He______________ (坚持)that she be invited to the party.
(3)I want you to tell me the main points now; leave the______________ (详情)till later. (4)When I told her that our journey would begin at an______________ (海拔)of more than 4500 meters, she seemed to be excited. (5)He______________ (记录)the important events and his afterthoughts in his travel journey. (6)Once she___________ ___________ ___________ ____________ ( 拿 定 主 意 ), she’ll never_________ ____________ ____________ (改变主意). (7)The enemy is surrounded, and must soon______________ (投降). (8)The people in that country fought bravely for freedom and they____________ _____________ (决心)to drive the enemy out of their land. (9)The topic of a travel journal can__________ _____________ ____________ (与……不同)a diary, often including people, things, and events less__________ ___________ (为……所熟 悉)the readers. (10)_________ _________ (与……比起来)what she had already, the new stamps were not very interesting. 2）Fill in the blanks to complete the passage. Mekong River begins______________ a glacier on a Tibetan mountain. At first, the river is______________ and the water is______________. Then it begins to move______________. It becomes __________as it passes ______________deep______________, traveling___________ western Yunnan Province. Sometimes the river______________ wide valley and becomes a______________ . We were both surprised to learn that half of the river is in China. After it leaves China and the high______________, the Mekong becomes______________, brown and warm. As it enters Southeast Asia, it travels slowly ______________hills and low valleys, and the______________ where rice grows. At last the river’s______________ enters the South China Sea. 2. Ask the students to do the exercises. Several minutes later, check the answers and deal with any problems where necessary. Suggested answers: 1)(1)stubborn; persuade (2)insisted (3)details (4)altitude (5)recorded (6)makes up her mind; change her mind (7)give in (8)were determined (9)be different from; familiar to (10)Compared with/to 2)at; small; clear and cold; quickly; rapids; through; valleys; across; enters; waterfall; altitudes; wide; through; plains; delta →Step 5 Grammar exercises Show the following exercises on the screen or give out the test papers. 1. It is your duty to check when he______________ for New York. A. has left? B. is leaving? C. had left? D. would leave 2. Selecting a mobile phone for personal use is no easy task, because technology______________ so rapidly. A. is changing B. has changed? C. will have changed D. will change 3. —Is everybody here? —No, the speaker______________ soon. A. came? B. has come? C. comes? D. is coming 4. —Is this raincoat yours? —No, mine______________ there behind the door.
A. is hanging? B. has hung? C. han s? D. hung g 5. I don’t really work here; I______________ until the new secretary arrives. A. just help out B. have just helped out C. am just helping out D. will just help out 6. —Hi, Tom. What’s up? —I______________ for someone to go to the movies with me. A. look B. have looked ? C. looked D. am looking 7. Since I won the big prize, my telephone hasn’t stopped ringing. People______________ to ask how I am going to spend the money. A. phone B. will phone? C. were phoning D. are phoning 8. The old professor has such a bad memory that he looks for the watch while he is______________ . A. having it on B. having on it? C. wearing it D. putting it on 9. —Are you still busy? —Yes, I______________ my work, and it won’t take long. A. just finish B. am just finishing C. have just finished D. am just going to finish 10. —What’s that unpleasant noise? —Oh, the road before the main gate______________. A. is repairing B. is being repaired C. is repaired D. has been repaired Ask the students to do the exercises. Several minutes later, check the answers and deal with any problems where necessary. Suggested answers: 1. B 2. A 3. D 4. A 5. C 6. D 7. D 8. C 9. B 10. B →Step 6 Discussion and talk Imagine you are planning your trip with your classmates. Have a group discussion to discuss the following questions:1. What are you preparing for the trip? 2. Where are you going? 3. What are you planning to do each day? 4. How are you getting there? 5. When you leave home, what will your family and your friends say to you? Sample sentences: 1. I am taking a big bag. I am putting some clothes in it. I am taking an umbrella. I am buying a mountain bike. I am taking a map. ... 2. We are going to Laos, Thailand. . . 3. On the first day we are setting off early from home. We are spending every night in a village on the way. We are setting out early the next morning. We are writing our journal every evening after supper. ...
4. We are flying/going by plane/going by air. We are taking a train/going by train. We are cycling/going by bike. We are walking/going on foot. We are going by boat/ship. ... 5. When we leave home, my family and my friends will say, “Have a good trip. /Have a good journey. /Have a good time. ” →Step 7 Learning tip Go through the passage on Page 24. Encourage students to keep a travel journal when they go on a journey. →Step 8 Assessment 1. Checking yourself (on Page 61 in the Workbook) First get the students to think about these questions individually. Then they can discuss in groups sharing their experience. The teacher can join in and give them advice and suggestions where necessary. 2. Testing assessment Show the exercises on the screen or give out test papers. 1)Choose words in the brackets to fill in the blanks. (1)They bought the truck for______________ illegal arms. It is easier to go hiking if we have our own______________ . (transport, transporting) (2)People here only drink locally______________ beer. For Anne, talking to Kitty is a great______________ of enjoyment. (source, sourced) (3)Let’s set up our______________ near the small brook! Every summer, our family go______________ in the Alps mountains. (camp, camping) 2)Choose suitable words below in their proper forms to complete the short passage. source persuade topic stubborn insist altitude Vietnam (Vietnam’s) Tibet (Tibetan) attitude Where to travel for the winter holiday has been the only______________ of conversation for weeks. All of us want to go to the beach in Hainan, but Xiaogang______________ on going to______________ . He said he wants to know how he will feel at an______________ of 4000 meters in______________ plateau! We have been trying to______________ him, however, he is as______________ as a mule. I think we will be soon persuaded by him. First get the students to do the exercises. Then the answers are given. The teacher can give them explanations where necessary. Suggested answers: (1)transporting; transport (2)sourced; source (3)camp; camping 2)topic; insists; Tibet; altitude; Tibetan; persuade; stubborn →Step 9 Homework 1. Review and summarize what you have learned in Unit 3. 2. Preview the next unit. 板书设计
Unit 3 Travel journey Unit Revision Write down what you have learned about traveling. We have mainly learned about planning for a trip and solving problems after the trip has begun.
From this unit you have also learned useful verbs:transport, cycle, persuade, insist, determine, camp, record useful nouns:journal, fare, transport, Vietnam, altitude, valley, attitude, shorts, camp, record, topic useful adjectives:stubborn, proper, determined, familiar, brave other expressions:change one’s mind, give in new grammar item:the Present Continuous Tense for future actions
Summary: The class is wonderful, I’m satisfied with it. in the future I should give them more exercises to practice.