高二下学期8册 Unit 2小练习1&2
高二下学期8册 Unit 2练习Ⅰ 一、补全句子 请根据所给汉语提示完成下列句子。 1. Sadat led me into the meeting room and let me 当) his assistant. 2. Your untiring efforts will 3. If the young couple
children? (使你赢得美誉). (离婚), who will raise the (充
4. (受他父亲的影响), who is always playing computer games, little Tom has become addicted to the Internet. 二、选词填空 请从下面方框里选择适当的短语并用其正确形式填空。 break up, recognize?as?, turn to, start out, spring up, have its roots in, reflect on, come close to 1. He is universally all time. 2. Working without repeating your failures. 3. Modern middle schools recently. 4. When I was in trouble, I me a cold shoulder. one of the greatest scientists of
what you have done will lead to your
like mushrooms in China
him for help, but he gave
5. Daly was a successful American businessman who had a salesman. 6. Hearing what the boy said, the mother was so angry that she beating him. 7. Their marriage and did nothing all day. 8. His good character 三、同义句改写
because her husband didn’t have a job
the excellent family education.
请在空格处填入恰当的单词，使其句意与所给句子的意思相同或相近（每空 一词） 。 1. As technology develops, machines have replaced human labour in many industries. technology, machines have human labour in many industries. 2. His hearing declined gradually, but music was still the most important thing in his life. His hearing still the most important thing in his life. , but music was
3. He would have helped me, but he lacked money at that time. He would have helped me, but he that time. money at
4. All the flights at the Beijing airport have been called off due to the foggy weather. All the flights at the Beijing airport have been called off the foggy weather. 四、翻译句子
请根据所给汉语提示完成下列句子（每空一词） 。 1. 他们试图治他的罪,但是他逃脱了。 They punish him for his crime, but he escaped.
2. 正在维修的那个建筑物是一座寺庙。 The building which 3. 消除种族歧视和偏见是我们共同的目标。 Eliminating goal. 五、五句话作文 请根据括号内的提示翻译下面五个句子。 1. 贝多芬(Beethoven)称得上是世界上最伟大的音乐家之一。(deserve one’s status as) 2. 他出生于一个普通家庭，很早就显露了音乐才能，八岁就开始登台演出。 (at the age of) 3. 不幸的是，他二十六岁时听力开始下降，但这并没有使他消极沮丧。(go into a gradual decline) 4. 贝多芬一生致力于作曲，写下无数著名的交响曲，其中最有名的是《第九 交响曲》 。(devote oneself to) 5. 贝多芬在艺术上的坚持(persistence)鼓舞了成千上万的人， 他对世界音乐 的发展做出了巨大贡献，被尊称为“乐圣”。(respect sb. as; sage of music) 参考答案： 一、1. serve as 2. earn you a good reputation 3. split up 4. Influenced by his father 二、1. recognized as 2. reflecting on 3. have sprung up 4. turned to 5. started out 6. came close to is our common now is a temple.
7. broke up 8. has its roots in 三、1. With the development of; taken the place of decline 2. went into a gradual
3. was short of / was lacking in 4. as a result of 四、1. sought to 2. is being repaired 3. racial discrimination and prejudice 五、1. Beethoven deserves his status as one of the greatest musicians in the world. 2. He was born in an ordinary family and when he was very young, he showed his talent for music and performed on stage at the age of 8. 3. Unfortunately, his hearing went into a gradual decline at 26, but he wasn’t discouraged and depressed. 4. Beethoven devoted himself to composing and wrote countless famous symphonies, the most famous of which was the Ninth Symphony. 5. His persistence in art inspired thousands of people and he was respected as the sage of music for the contributions he made to the development of the world music. 高二下学期8册 Unit 2练习Ⅱ Ⅰ. 根据句意及所给单词的首字母或汉语提示, 拼写出单词的正确形式 。 1. When interviewed, she claimed she was c directed by Zhang Yimou. 2. He is an a vision. 3. She was a s her mind. 4. He s in a movie which
swimmer and diver and has excellent underwater
woman. Whatever happened, she would not change
her arm and begged her for forgiveness.
5. Last month, hundreds of farmers d such deals until they have got a reply.
that the government stop
6. Over the past decade, agriculture’s share of national income has (下降) by 10%. 7. In an effort to meet the (截止日期) she downloaded a paper from the Internet and handed it in. 8. Part-time employment is a new our country. 9. The new law banned racial 10. She stood still by the door approached behind her. Ⅱ. 用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空。 1. It is (universal) acknowledged that trees are of vital importance to us. (趋势) in many big cities in
(歧视) in the workplace. (尖叫) when the black shadow
2. They find the plan useless and public health. (disturb)
, and believe it could endanger
3. It’s that the Vietnam War cost the lives of thousands of American soldiers. (evidence) 4. He is generous and to his opponents (对手), as well as those who are weaker than him. (mercy) 5. Her new book, a month. (collect) of short stories, will be published next
6. Cass and Douglas supported the idea of letting the people decide if would be permitted in that area. (slave) 7. If something bad happens on a particular day, people have a to link that day with the negative event. (tend) 8. The coal industry is being run down as coal is replaced by
oil. (gradual) 9. This is Johnson speaking. May I speak to Mr. Smith of the Department? (person) 10. Let me clean up the glass in case someone walks on it. (break)
Ⅲ. 从方框里选择适当的短语并用其正确形式填空。 take on, (be) accessible to, transform?into?, participate in, apply for, serve as, split condemn...for... 1. This new research can of a car accurately. up, spring up, think of?as?,
a model of how to measure the speed
2. The widespread use of the Internet makes online education everybody. 3. The young mother knows clearly she has 4. When the new road was built, the small town 5. Note down all the information about the job you are contact the company. leaving her child. a large city. and then
6. This unhappy couple has been quarreling for several years and has finally . 7. With the adoption of China’s reform and opening-up policy, China a new look. 8. He speaks English so well that he is a native speaker.
9. Last week Brazil talks with Iran aiming at restarting discussions for Iran’s nuclear program. 10. As a result, chain stores are across the country. like mushrooms everywhere
Ⅳ. 根据所给汉语补全下列英文句子。 1. 在街上玩的时候，这个小男孩差点被一辆疾驰而过的汽车撞上。 When playing in the street, the little boy by a racing car. 2. 索马里兰1991年宣布独立，但尚未作为一个独立的国家而获得国际认可。 Somaliland declared independence in 1991, but isn’t internationally a separate state. 3. 爱沙尼亚是以将互联网的访问权作为一项法定权利而知名的国家。 Estonia a country where access to the Internet has been legislated as a right. 4. 这个问题很好理解，只要我们简单看一下现在市场上的主流软件就可以明 白。 We can understand this problem easily by the mainstream software available in the market. 5. 威尔玛和她的队友还参加了接力赛的选拔赛。 Wilma and her teammates also relay race. 6. 老板进来时他假装在看一份重要的文件。 He when the boss entered. Ⅴ. 同义句转换。 1. Many people have a tendency to focus on the problems and challenges in their life. Many people focus on the problems and challenges an important document the
in their life. 2. It is most stressful to go on a business trip with our boss. going on a business trip with our boss. 3. He was required by the workers to improve the working conditions. The workers demanded that conditions. the working
4. Most experts assumed that the new machine was not so good. Most experts not so good. that the new machine was
5. The setting of the film was California in the middle of the nineteenth century. The film the nineteenth century. Ⅵ. 用所给词的适当形式填空。 willing Nowadays, children have to sacrifice their spare time for various training classes. If they are to take part in these classes, what steps would their parents be to take to make their children show their to do so? employ In developed countries, the controlled, because active to promote the youth to get unite After the earthquake, Xi urged all the rescuers to in action to improve their efficiency and required that the rescue operation be centred on Qishan, where many relatives of those missing were waiting anxiously to be with their families. With the of the youth can be effectively security measures have been taken . California in the middle of
efforts, the rescue operation was a success.
参考答案: Ⅰ. 1. cast 2. awesome 3. stubborn 4. seized 5. demanded 6. declined 7. deadline 8. trend 9. discrimination 10. screaming Ⅱ. 1. universally 2. disturbing 3. evident 4. merciful 5. collection 6. slavery 7. tendency 8. gradually 9. Personnel 10. broken Ⅲ. 1. serve as 2. accessible to 3. been condemned for 4. was transformed into 5. applying for 6. split up 7. has taken on 8. thought of as 9. participated in springing up 10.
Ⅳ. 1. came close to being hit 2. recognized as 3. is known as 4. taking a brief look at 5. tried out for 6. pretended to be reading Ⅴ. 1. tend to 2. Nothing is more stressful than 3. he improve 4. made the assumption 5. was set in Ⅵ. unwilling; willing; willingness unemployment; employment; employed unite; reunited; united