山东省文登市第一中学 2011 级高二第一学期第二次阶段性测试
第Ⅰ卷（共 100 分） 第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 20 分）
第一节：（共 5 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话，每段对话后
有一个小题，从题中所给 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置上。听完每段对话后，你有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小 题和阅读下一小题，每段对话仅读一遍。
1. How much money does the man probably have? A. 20dollars. B. 30dollars. C. 50 dollars. 2. What will the woman do this afternoon? A. Read a book B. Go swimming C. Visit Ann 3. What does the woman think of the video? A. It?s disappointing B. It?s stupid C. It?s funny 4. What does the man suggest doing? A. Staying at home B. Going fishing C. Going to the cinema. 5. How long does the woman usually sleep? A. For about 4 hours B. For about 6 hours C. For about 8 hours
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三 个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅 读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独 白读两遍。
第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 7 题。 6. What does the woman ask the man to do? A. Take her kids to school B. Help her finish her work C. Help her ask for a day off 7. Where most probably is the woman now? A. In the hospital B. At home
第 7 段材料，回答第 8 至 9 题。
C. In the office
8. What will the man do after leaving Xi?an? A. Travel in Beijing
B. Travel along the Silk Road C. Visit the Three Gorges Dam 9. What?s the woman?s plan for the summer holiday? A. To go back to China B. To do a part-time job C. To travel with the man
第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。
10. What is Lucy doing? A. Drawing a picture B. Making a card C. Making a birthday cake 11. What do we know about Mrs. Smith? A. She lives on her own B. She lives a very happy life C. She has one son and one daughter 12. Where will the man go tomorrow? A. New York B. London C. Beijing
第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。
13. When will Alice?s plane arrive? A. At 2:00 pm B. At 3:00 pm C. At 4:00 pm 14. What?s wrong with the man? A. He has a bad cold B. He is suffering from a headache C. He was injured in an accident 15. What will the man do this afternoon? A. Rest at home B. Always keep his word C. Go downtown with her 16. What will the woman do this afternoon? A. Go shopping with Alice B. Look after the man at home C. Go shopping and pick up Alice
第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。
17. What do we know about Jean?s house? A. It was old and small B. It was new and big C. It was old but big 18. How much did the company offer Jean the first time? A. ＄5,000 B. ＄50,000 C. ＄75,000 19. How did Jean get the house? A. She bought it B. A friend gave it to her C. Her father left it to her 20. What happened in the end? A. Jean sold the house for ＄750,000 B. The company put up a tall building behind the house C. The company tore down the house without paying anything 第二部分：英语知识运用 （共两节，满分 40 分）
第一节 语法与词汇（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
21. He was a boy with a strong sense of responsibility so we all elected him our monitor. A.宾语 B.补语 C.表语 D.同位语 22. The missing boy was last seen playing on the river side alone. A.补语 B.谓语 C.表语 D.宾语 23. ——Sorry, I?m late. I got stuck in traffic. —— ________. You are here now. Come in and sit down. A. You are welcome B.I have no idea C. Never mind D. That? right. 24. Sara looked at _______ finished painting with _______ satisfaction. A. /; a B. a; the C. the; / D. the; a 25. You can come to the match with me ______ you are here before 12. A. as far as B. until C. unless D. so long as 26. The giant panda is the ______ of the World Wide Fund for Nature. A. sign B. symbol C. mark D. signal 27. Although ______, he pretended not to know the good news. A. being excited B. excited C. was excited D. exciting 28.Don?t forget the major advantage you ___ your rivals —— you have more free time. A. take of B. take over C. have of D. have over 29. He is quite experienced in running a hotel so his suggestion is one _______. A. worths considering B. is worth considering C. worth considering D. worth being considered 30. The use of masks was limited by laws, ______ dates back to the fourteenth century. A. the first of them B. the first of which C. the first of that D. the first of what 31. If you have too much for dinner, you should ________ after the meal. A. wash it down B. walk it away C. wash it away D. walk it off 32. You are a heavy smoker. It will be a long time _______ give it up. A. when B. since C. after D. before 33. I had just walked into the room after dropping off the clothes I had made for a friend?s daughter ______ I noticed the light blinking on my answering machine. A. when B. while C. as D. before 34. —— Was it by cutting down staff _______ she saved the firm? —— No，it was by improving working efficiency. A. when B. how C. what D. that 35. Do you believe his funniest reason _______ he explained to us at the meeting? A. why B. which C. for which D. that 36. My parents taught me a valuable lesson, _______ makes a difference to me in my future life. A. one B. it C. that D. one that 37. —— Are you ready for Spain?
—— Yes, I want the girls to experience that ______ they are young. A. while B. until C. if D. before 38. When you read a book, you?d better make a mark ______ you have some questions. A. in which B. where C. at the place which D. at the place 39. Can you _______ me a job when I get there? You know, I have to work in order to pay for my schooling.. A. apply B. arrange C. provide D. guarantee 40. It is certain that he will _______ his business to his son when he gets old. A. take over B. think over C. hand over D. go over
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 阅读下列短文， 掌握其大意，然后从各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中， 选 出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
As she walked round the large shop, Edith realized how difficult it was to choose a suitable Christmas __41__for her father. She __42__that he were as easy to please as her mother, who was __43__satisfied with perfume(香水). __44__, shopping at this time of the year was a most __45__job. People __46__on your feet, pushed you with their shoulders and almost __47__ you over in their hurry in order to __48__ something cheap ahead of you. Partly to have a rest, Edith paused in front of a counter, where some beautiful ties were on __49__. "They are __50__silk," the shop assistant told her with a smile trying to __51__her to buy one. But Edith knew from past __52__that her choice of ties hardly ever pleased her father. She moved on slowly and then, quite by chance, __53__where a small crowd of men had gathered round a counter. She found some fine pipes（烟斗） on sale and the __54__were very beautiful. Edith did not hesitate for long, although her father __55__ smoked a pipe once in a while, she believed this was __56__ to please him. When she got home, with her small but __57__present hidden in her handbag, it was time for supper and her parents were already __58__table. Her mother was in great __59__. "Your father has at last decided to stop smoking," she told her daughter happily. Edith was so __60__that she could not say a single word. 41. A. suit B. card C. thing D. gift 42. A. believed B. wished C. hoped D. supposed 43. A. never B. seldom C. always D. scarcely 44. A. Therefore B. Fortunately C. Besides D. Finally 45. A. unhappy B. careful C. exciting D. tiring 46. A. walked B. stepped C. lifted D. stood 47. A. turned B. hit C. brought D. knocked 48. A. watch B. find C. grasp D. sell 49. A. time B. show C. board D. duty 50. A. real B. cheap C. poor D. exact 51. A. hope B. ask C. force D. persuade 52. A. experience B. things C. books D. school 53. A. stopped B. saw C. asked D. found
54. A. money B. cigarette C. shapes D. shop 55. A. always B. nearly C. only D. never 56. A. hardly B. impossibly C. possibly D. certainly 57. A. cheap B. well-chosen C. expensive D. ready-made 58. A. on B. by C. beside D. at 59. A. excitement B. anger C. sadness D. disappointment 60. A. glad B. happy C. surprised D. excited 第三部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
阅读下面的短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中选出最佳选项，并在答题 卡上将该项涂黑。
A Cancer researchers urged people on Wednesday to take more vitamin D to lower risk of cancer， saying studies showed a clear link. "Our suggestion is for people to increase their intake，through diet or a vitamin supplement， Dr. Cedric Garland said " in a telephone interview. Garland's research team reviewed 63 studies， including several large long-term ones， on the relationship between vitamin D and certain types of cancer worldwide between 1966 and 2004. "There's nothing that has this ability to prevent cancer，" he said， urging governments and public health officials to do more to fortify foods with vitamin D. Garland is part of a University of California at San Diego Moores Cancer Center team that published its findings this week online in the American Journal of Public Health. Vitamin D is found in milk， as well as in some fortified orange juice， yogurt and cheeses， usually at around 100 international units （IU） a serving. People might want to consider a vitamin supplement to raise their intake to 1000 IUs per day， Garland said， adding that it was well within the safety guidelines established by the National Academy of Sciences. The authors said that taking more vitamin D could be especially important for people living in northern areas， which receive less vitamin D from sunshine. African Americans， who don't produce as much of the vitamin because of their skin colour， could also benefit significantly from a higher intake， the authors said. 61. According to the passage ， people are advised to take more Vitamin D because_________. A. it is nutritious B. it can?t harm people?s health C. it can lower cancer risk D. it is not taken enough every day 62. Which of the following can not help people get more Vitamin D？ A. Have some sunshine B. Have more meat C. Have more fortified cheese D. Have a vitamin supplement 63.Who can Garland probably be？ A. A health researcher B. A doctor C. A scientist D. A public health official 64.Which of the following food can lower people?s chance of getting cancer？ A. Milk B. Fortified orange juice
C. Fortified yogurt D. All of the above 65.People from which area should take more Vitamin D according to the passage？ A. Asian people B. African people C. American people D. European people
When I was at school, my ambition was to be a pilot in the Air Force, but my eyesight wasn?t good enough, so I had to give up that idea. I went to university and studied physics. I wanted to stay on there and do research but my father died about that time so I thought I had better get a job and earn my living. I started working in an engineering firm. I expected to stay in that job for a long time, but then they appointed a new managing director. I didn?t get on with him, so I resigned and applied for a job with another engineering company. I would certainly have accepted the job if they had offered it to me, but on my way to the interview I met a friend who was working for a travel agency. He offered me a job in Spain and I?ve always liked Spain, so I took it. I worked in the travel agency for two years and then they wanted to send me to South America but I had just got married so I decided to stay here. Then we had a baby and I wasn?t earning enough to support the family so I started giving English lessons at a school in the evenings. I liked English teaching more than working for the travel agency and then the owner of the school offered me a full-time job as a teacher so I resigned from the agency. Two years later, the owner of the school wanted to retire so he asked me to take over as the director. And here I am! 66. Why did the man give up studying physics? A. He didn?t like physics any more. B. His eyesight was too poor. C. Physics was too hard for him. D. He had to work to support himself. 67. Why did the man resign from the engineering firm? A. He was not happy with the new director. B. He wanted to travel. C. He was not qualified to be an engineer. D. He found his job boring. 68. The man took the job at the travel agency because ________. A. he wanted to work with his friend B. he enjoyed traveling around the world C. he wanted to go to Spain D. he was refused by the manager 69. The man started to teach English part time because ________. A. he enjoyed teaching English B. he wanted to earn more to support his family C. the owner of the school promised him a good position D. he could earn more as a teacher than as a travel agent 70. Which of the following is Not True according to the passage? A. The author wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force at school.
B. The author didn?t like to work in the second engineering company. C. The author liked Spain very much. D. The author took over as the director after the owner of the school retired. C In Africa, Christmas day begins with groups of carolers(欢唱颂歌的人) walking to and from through the village, along the roadway, by the houses of the missionaries (传教士), singing the lovely carols known to the world around. Often people may be awakened by a group of carolers beginning to gather at the house of worship(礼拜). They return home to make final preparation as to the clothes one must wear and also as to his offering for the Christmas service. The most important part of their Christmas worship service is the love offering. This is the gift in honor of Jesus. At about 8 or 9 o?clock everyone makes their way to the celebration of the birthday of Jesus. Everyone who attends the service goes forward to lay down their gift upon the raised platform near the Communion table. Not one person will attend the service without giving a gift. Christmas in South Africa is a summer holiday. There is no snow, but it has many flowers, many beautiful varieties of wild flowers being in their full pride. In Ghana, most churches herald(预报) the coming of Christmas by decorating the church and homes beginning with the first week in Advent（降临节）, four weeks before Christmas. This season happens to be the time of cocoa harvest, so it is a time of wealth. Everyone returns home from wherever they might be such as farms or mines. In Africa, it is the traditional dinner of turkey, roast beef, mince pies, or suckling pig, yellow rice with raisins, vegetables, and plum pudding, crackers. In the afternoon, families go out into the country and usually there are games or bathing in the warm sunshine, and then home in the cool of the evening. Boxing day（节礼日） is also a proclaimed public holiday usually spent in the open air. It falls on December 26 and is a day of real relaxation. 71. The author of this text mainly wants to_______. A. persuade us to have a holiday in Africa B. introduce to us when Christmas came into being C. tell us how people celebrate Christmas in Africa D. describe some important holidays in Africa 72. The correct order of the following festivals should be_______. A. Christmas----Boxing Day----Advent B. Boxing Day----Christmas----Advent C. Christmas---Advent----Boxing Day D. Advent----Christmas----Boxing Day 73. If you visit South Africa on Christmas day, you?ll find_______. A. everyone returns home to harvest cocoa B. the church and homes are being decorated C. people enjoy a traditional dinner D. it is snowing heavily everywhere
74. According to the text, which of the following is not true? A. Nobody will attend the Christmas worship service carrying a gift. B. The celebration of the birthday of Jesus began at about 8 or 9 o?clock. C. In the afternoon of Christmas some families go out to play games D. According to the text, Christmas worship service is in honor of Jesus 75. In Africa, the traditional dinner for Christmas including the following EXCEPT_________. A. turkey B. yellow rice C. crackers D. pumpkin pie D Preventing obesity（肥胖）and smoking can save lives, but it doesn?t save money, reported researchers. “It was a small surprise, for it counters the common belief,” said Pieter van Baal, who led the study. “But it makes sense. If you live longer, then you cost the health system more.” The researchers found that from age 20 to 56, obese people racked up (累计) the most expensive health costs. But on average, healthy people lived 84 years. Smokers lived about 77 years, and obese people lived about 80 years. Smokers and obese people tended to have more heart disease than healthy people. Therefore in the long run, the thin and healthy group cost about ＄417,000， from age 20 on. Smokers cost about ＄326,000 and obese people ＄371,000. “The result throws a bucket(桶) of cold water onto the idea, based on guesswork, that obesity is going to cost trillions of dollars,” said Patrick Basham, a professor of health politics.“If we?re going to worry about the future of obesity, we should stop worrying about its financial impact,” he said. “The benefits of obesity prevention may not be seen immediately in terms of cost savings in tomorrow?s budget, but there are long-term gains,” said Van Baal. “These are often immeasurable when it comes to people living longer and healthier lives.” In the meanwhile, he said that governments should recognize that successful smoking and obesity prevention programs mean that people will have a higher chance of dying of something more expensive later in life “Lung cancer is a cheap disease to treat because people don?t survive very long. But if they are old enough to get Alzheimer?s (早老性痴呆症) one day, they may survive longer and cost more. We are not advising that governments stop trying to prevent obesity,” Van Baal said. “But they should do it for the right reasons.” 76.The underlined word“counter” in Para. 1 probably means______. A. is in agreement with B. is in disagreement with C. is based on D. is the root of 77. Among middle-aged people, who may cost the health system most? A. Those who are heavy smokers. B. Those who are overweight C. Those who are too thin D. Those who are suffering from heart attacks. 78. What can we know about the belief that obesity costs much? A. It has changed over the past years. B. It comes from scientific study C. It is based on medical evidence
D. It turns out to be incorrect 79. According to the text, governments should prevent obesity for the purpose of_______. A. reducing the risks of suffering cancer B. weakening obesity?s financial impact C. making sure of people?s long and healthy life D. reducing the money spent on medical programs 80. What would be the best title for this text? A. Recent Medical Study shows Truth about Health B. Governments Change Attitude towards Obesity and Smoking C. Preventing Obesity and Smoking May Cost More D. Obesity and Smoking Lead to Expensive Diseases 第Ⅱ卷（共 50 分）
第四部分：书面表达（共三节，满分 50 分） 第一节 单词拼写 （共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分）
81. All the work is closely ___________ (监测). 82. The goods _____________ (购买) in this shopping mall are worth the price. 83. It was Abraham Lincoln that _____________ (废除) the slave trade. 84. The poachers were so cruel that they __________ (剥皮) the antelopes on the spot. 85. After thirty years of teaching, Mr. Wang _________ (退休) without any regret. 86. Later he found his little dog ____________ (藏) under the bed. 87. Soon after that the USA ___________ (宣布) war on Japan. 88. They are not ____________ (关心) our hard work. 89. Hearing his mother?s steps, he ____________ (假装) to be reading aloud. 90. All forms of ____________ (能源) should be made full use of.
第二节 阅读表达：（共 5 小题，每小题 3 分，满分 15 分）
阅读下面短文，并根据短文后的要求答题（请注意问题后的字数要求） Our little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper，and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mom dried her hands on an apron，she read it，and this is what it said： For cutting the grass $5.00 For cleaning up my room this week $1. 00 For going to the store for you $0. 50 Baby－sitting my kid brother while you went shopping $0. 25 Taking out the garbage $1. 00 For getting a good report card $5. 00 For cleaning up and raking the yard $2. 00 Total owed： $14.75 "Well， tell you"， mother looked at him standing there expectantly，and the I?ll his boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. So she picked up the pen， turned over the paper he?d written on，and this is what she wrote： For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me，No Charge.
For all the nights that I?ve sat up with you，doctored and prayed for you，No Charge. For all the trying times，and all the tears that you?ve caused through the years， there?s No Charge. For all the nights that were filled with dread，and for the worries I knew were ahead，No Charge For the toys， food， clothes， even wiping your nose， and there?s No Charge， Son. When you___________________，the cost of my love is No Charge. Well，friends，when our son finished reading what his mother had written，there were great big old tears in his eyes，and he looked straight up at his mother and said： “Mom，I sure do love you. ”And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote：“PAID IN FULL”. 91.What?s the best title of the passage? 92.Which sentence in the passage is the closest in meaning to the following one? Although you have brought me hard times and many tears in these years, you needn?t pay for them. 93.Please fill in the blank in the passage with proper words or phrases to complete the sentence.(within ten words) 94.What do you learn after reading the passage?(within 30 words) 95.Translate the underlined sentence into Chinese.
第三节 写作：（共 25 分）
假设你是李华， 在网上结识了以为留学美国多年的老乡刘新，他向你了解家乡近 几年的变化。请你用英语写一封电子邮件。内容包括： 10 年前 现在 1. 生活条件差，大部分人务农，有的 1. 经济发展迅速，建立了不少工厂、 捕鱼； 住房、道路等； 2. 单一生产小麦、玉米、棉花； 2. 生态旅游事业发展迅速； 3. 有些村没有小学，很少农家子弟上 3. 有污染现象，开始注重环境保护。 大学，多数外出打工。
注意： 1. 短文必须包括表中所列要点，可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯； 2. 词数：120~150； 3. 邮件的开头结尾已经写好，不计入词数。
正文认真抄写在答题纸上。卷面分 5 分。