练习、非谓语动词（一） 1. ---- Can you ride a horse? A. for learning it A. to sit A. to notice A. for leaving 2. Paul said, "Give me a chair _____." B. sit B. for me to notice B.of leaving C.
sit on C. to notice for me C. to leave C. you to help C. to be not B. lived as a good place D. living in as a good place ---- ______ new officers. C. To select C. buy pencils C. for treating ---- Yes, and ______. B. to answer them was to be difficult D. they had difficulty in answering C. didn't eat C. going . D. to not have eaten D. went D. For selecting D. buying pencils D. to treat B. Selecting B. for buying pencils B. treating D. to sit on D. and notice D. with leaving D. that you help D. to not be 3. I ran too fast ______ where I was going. 4. ---- Have you enjoyed your visit here? 5. ---- I'll help you whenever you need me. A. you helping B. that you will help 6. ---- I didn't hear you come in last night. A. not be B. not to be ---- Yes, I'll be very sorry______ . ---- Good. I'd like _____me tomorrow. ---- That's good. We tried_____ noisy. ---- No, I never had the chance ____. B. for learning how C. how to learn it D. to learn how
7. Because of air pollution being greatly reduced, this city is still ______. A. a good place which to be lived in C. a good place to live in 8. ---- Why was the official meeting called? A. Select 9. ---- Where did he go? A. to buy pencils A. in treating 10. ---- My baby has a heart trouble.
---- He went to another store ______. ---- Did the doctor find it difficult ______ ?
11. ---- Did the judge ask you many questions? A. they were difficult to be answered C. they were difficult to answer 12. That beggar seems _____ anything yesterday. A. not to have eaten A. go 14.That box is____. A. too heavy for me to carry C. so heavy for me to carry 15. Would you be ______ to do me a favour, please? A. so kind as . B. too kind B. not to eat B. to go 13. The lost child desired nothing but _____ home.
B. too heavy for me to carry it D. very heavy for me to carry C. as kind as D. enough kind
16. To learn to speak English well,_____. A. much practice is needed C. much practice is needed by one A. so not as to A. how to make dresses C. how to be made dresses 19. The house is not large enough ____ . A. to live in B. to be lived in C. to live D. for living B. so as not to B. one needs much practice D. one is needed much practice C. so as to not B. how dresses be made D. how dresses to be made D. not so as to
17. Tom kept quiet about the accident ______ lose his job. 18. Last summer I took a course on ______ .
20. Nobody likes ______. A. to speak ill of A. to have been 22. I was surprised______. A. watching him to eat so quickly C. watching him eat so quickly 23. Mr. White was seen ______ the Palace Museum. A. enter 24. I saw Mary ____ the house. A. open the door and go into C. open the door and to go into 25. Paul does nothing but _____ all day long. A. play A. waited A. want A. to A. to play well A. loving and to be loved C. to love and to be loved 31. _____ is better to love than _____ . A. That, to be loved 32. It's very foolish _____ it? A. for you to say A. cost A. rejected A. get A. for you making 37. I really don't know ____ . A. to swim A. speaking B. how to swim C. to swim how C. to speak D. how swim D. spoken 38. ---- What do you think about English? B. to be spoken ---- It's a difficult language _____. B. of you to say B. took B. to reject B. gets B. of you to make C. with you saying C. spent C. to be rejected C. should get C. you to make D. in your saying D. used D. rejecting D. to get D. for you to make 33. It ______ me two hours to find your new house. 34. We did not expect our offer _____ so quickly. 35. He told her ______ there at once. 36. We all think it most foolish ______ this mistake. B. That, be loved C. It, be loved D. It, to be loved B. to play B. waiting B. want to B. too B. play well C. playing C. to wait C. want it C. to do C. we play well B. to love and being loved D. love and be loved D. played D. wait D. to want D. to go to D. playing well 26. Now we could not do anything but ______ for him here. 27. I don't know her and I don't ______ . 28. ---- Go to the theatre with me, will you? 29. To play fair is as important as ______. 30. It is the greatest happiness on earth ______. ---- I should like ______, but I don't have time. B. to open the door and to go into D. open the door and went into B. to enter C. entered D. to entering B. watch him eat so quickly D. to watch him eat so quickly B. to be spoken ill of B. to be C. speaking ill of C. was D. spoken ill of D. had been 21. I know him ______ a good football player while in college.
练习、非谓语动词（二） 1. Alien said that his trip was _______. A. interested B. interest 2 C. interesting D. of interest
2. We can't understand ______ a decision until it is too late. A. him to postpone to make C. him to postpone making 3. I couldn't understand ______ at the poor child. A. you to laugh A. arguing, argue A. to leave A. take A. of, to A. fishing A. putting back A. to not be A. to do A. say A. have finished reading C. will finish reading A. be given, to try A. collect A. coming, asking A. laugh at A. to read 19. "I usually go there by train." A. to try going 20. I was too excited ______ . A. speak A. to invent A. ask him B. to speak B. inventing B. to ask him C. not to speak C. to have invented C. that you ask him D. speaking D. having invented D. asking him 21. Charles Babbage is generally considered ______ the first computer. 22. It is no use _____to come now. He is busy. B. give, to try B. to collect B. coming, being asked B. to laugh at B. to be read B. trying to go B. you laugh B. to argue, arguing B. leaving B. taking B. for, to B. to fish B. having put back B. not to be B. doing B. to say C. why laugh C. arguing, arguing C. that you leave C. being taken C. to, to C. to be fish C. to put back C. being not C. do C. having said B. finish to read D. have finished to read .C. giving, trying C. collecting C. to come, asking C. laughing at C. reading C. to try and go D. having, to try D. collected D. to come, being asked D. laughing D. being read D. try going : D. you laughing D. to argue, argue D. leave D. have D. of, / D. being fishing D. will put back D. not being D. done. D. to have said 4. It's no use______ with him. You might as well ______ with a stone wall. 5. It is no good ______ today's work for tomorrow. 6. The old man's ______ pity on the snake led to his own death. 7. It's very kind ______ you ______ say so. 8. Some people's greatest pleasure is ______ . 9. Remember ______ the book, when you have finished it. 10. You didn't hear us come back last night. That's good. We tried ______ noisy. 11. Though he failed, he tried _______ it again and again. 12. You'll regret ______ those words. You may hurt her feelings. 13. You can keep the book until you ______ . B. his postponing to make D. his postponing making
14. We are looking forward to ______ another chance ______ it again. 15. Most of the students enjoy_____ stamps. 16. Excuse me for _____ in without ______. 17. People couldn't help ______ the foolish girl. 18. "What do you think of the book?" "Oh. excellent, it's worth _______ a second time." "Why not ______ by boat for a change?"
23. The murder was brought in, with his hands _______ behind his back. A. being tied A. never to drive A. open A. lay A. invited A. spoken 29. "Can you read?" Mary said A. angrily, pointing A. followed A. Given A. Followed C. Being followed 33. Your flat needs _____ . Would you like me A. to clean, to do A. know to take A. to tie A. don't A. rather not have A. of seeing A. help to notice A. taking B. cleaning, doing B. know how to take B. tie B. not to B. rather not to have B. for seeing 34. Does your new secretary ____ short hand? C. know how take D. know how taking D. tying D. to not D. rather not having D. to seeing D. help noticing D. taken 35. Tommy had his big brother _____ his shoes for him. C. tied C. not C. not rather had C. to see 36. Would you please ______ write on the textbooks? 37. I'd ______ the operation unless it is absolutely necessary. 38. Your mother and I are looking forward________ you. 39. The girl couldn't_____ how red his face was. B. be helping to notice C. be helping noticing B. to take C. take 练习、非谓语动词（三） 1. There is no question of _____ able to finish it himself. A. Tom was A. built 3. "Have you had supper?" A. are being cooked B. Tom's being B. be built B. is being cooked C. Tom's be C. being built C. is cooked D. Tom is D. to be built D. are cooked 2. The new shopping center _____ now will be put into use by the end of this year. "Not yet. The meal_____." 40. Excuse me, but it is time to have your temperature ______. B. having tied B. to never drive B. opening B. lain B. to invite B. speaking to the notice. C. angrily, pointed C. to be followed C. Giving B. Followed by D. Having been followed it for you? C. cleaning, to do D. to be cleaned, doing D. and angrily pointing D. being followed D. Having given B. and point angrily B. following B. To give C. to be tied C. never driving C. having opened C. laying C. being invited C. be spoken D. tied D. never drive. D. opened. D. lying D. had been invited D. to speak 24. Mrs Smith warned her daughter ____ after drinking. 25. The computer centre, ______ last year is very popular among the students in this school. 26. Do you know the boy _______ under the big tree? 27. Most of the artists ______ to the party 'were from South Africa. 28. English is a language ______ in many countries.
30. There was a terrible noise _______ the sudden burst of Tight. 31. ____ more attention, the trees could have grown better. 32. _____their students, the famous teacher came into the hall.
4. "I'm glad ______ you here in the hotel." A. meeting, to A. understanding A. couldn't stop walking C. stopped to help the stranger 7. Janet is easy _____. A. for getting along with C. to get along with 8. Don't forget ______ the light when you leave. A. turn off B. to turn off B. to have met, with B. understand 5. I'm afraid I can't make myself _____ in English.
"It's my great pleasure to have you ______ us." C. having met, among C. to be understood D. to meet, of D. understood
6. Although in a hurry, Wilson ______. B. couldn't help the stranger D. didn't answer the stranger B. by getting along with D. got along with C. turning off D. turned off
9. The mother is very glad; her baby is beginning ______. A. understanding what she means C. to understand what she means 10. I think this story is _____ . A. worth being read B. worth reading 11. This scientist is a man ______ praise. A. worth to A. there being A. stealing A. to speak B. worthy to be B. it to be B. missed B. speaking B. permitted, to play B. stolen B. to be taken B. clean B. being repaired C. worthy of C. it being C. stolen C. speak C. permitting, play C. be stealing C. to take C. cleaning C. be repairing B. kept for later use D. to be kept it for later use B. opened and closed D. to be opened and closed B. having seen, to take D. having seen, take D. worth D. there to be D. to steal D. spoken D. permitting, to play D. had stolen D. being taken D. cleans D. to repair 12. I don't want ______ any more trouble, you see? 13. When she returned home, she found the window open and something ______. 14. Strictly _____, it isn't worth the price you are asking. 15. Time ______, they'll come here to watch us ______ football. A. permitted, playing A, stealing A. taking A. to clean A. to be repaired 16. The man was seen _____ into the courtyard. 17. Bob should love _____ to the party tomorrow evening. 18. Tom had no choice but _____ the classroom with his classmates. 19. Mr. Brown said that his car needed 20. The old man didn't know whether to sell the car or____ . A. being kept for later use C. to keep it for later use A. being opened and closed C. having been opened and closed A. to see, take C. to see, to take C. worth to read D. worth of reading B. to understand that she meant D. noticing what she means ,
21. The noise of the desks _____ could be heard in the next classroom.
22. I remember _____ someone ____ the umbrella away.
23. She was noticed ______ the shop. A. to enter 25._____, she burst into tears. A. Deeply moved C. As she deeply moved 26. The problem requires ______. A. studying with great care C. to be studied without carelessness A. being written A. to help, to go A. broken, playing A. coughing all along C. cough since yesterday 32. It is no use ____ without _____. A. to talk, doing C. talking, doing 33. "I usually go there by boat." A. try going A. As she a stranger C. According to a stranger A. to read English, go C. reading English, goes A. playing, lost A. His having made A. to know A. he passing A. to swim A. to write A. to heat A. to buy, to sell , B. play, losing B. He has made B. known B. his pass B. swimming B. writing B. to be heated B. to buy, selling B. to try going 34._____, she felt quite shy at the party. B. Being a stranger D. She like a stranger B. reading English, going D. of reading English, goes C. played, being lost C. He had making C. know C. him pass C. swim C. write C. being hot C. buying, selling D. having played, lost D. Him making D. knowing D. his passing D. to have swim D. written D. heated D. buying, to sell B. taking, being done D. being talked, being to do "Why not _____ by train for a change?" C. trying to go D. to try and go B. Wrote B. help, go B. break, play B. to study carefully D. taking great care of studying it . D. Writing D. to help, go D. broke, was playing C. Write C. help, to go C. broken, played B. Deeply moving D. As she was deeply moving B. enter C. having entered D. entered
27. _____ carelessly, the boy made mistakes here and there.
28. He would rather ______ his parents with their housework than _____ out to play games. 29. The boy had his leg _____ while ____ football. 31. He is ill. He has kept_____. B. to cough at night D. being coughed day and night
35. Every morning he gets up early and practises ______ and then _____ to school.
36. While _____ football on tin playground, I found 'my keys ______. 37. ____ the same mistakes again made his parents very angry. 38. Dick made it ______ to all his friends. 40. No one was surprised at _____ the examination. 41. Although swimming is his favourite sport, yet he doesn't like _____ today. 42. She sat at the desk and set about _____ a letter to her friend. 43. This soup is cold; it needs _____. 44. I went ______a balloon but I didn't see anyone _____ balloons.