衡阳县 2015 年下学期期末质量检测试题 高二英语
考生注意：1、本卷时量：120 分钟，满分 100 分； 2、答题前，请将自己的学校、班次、姓名、考号在答题卡上填写清楚； 3、交卷只交答题卡：在草稿纸上、试题卷上的答案无效。 第一部分听力(共两节，满分 20 分) 做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案 转涂到答题卡上。 第一
节(共 5 小题：每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How many languages can the woman speak? A. Two. B. Three. C. Four．
2. What does the woman advise tell man to be in the future? A. A teacher. B. A translator. C. A salesman．
3. What is the man doing now? A. He’s preparing his new album. B. He’s recording a song. C. He’s making a movie．
4. What are the speakers talking about? A. A program. B. A factory. C.A piece of news
5. Where is the man now? A. In Rome. B. In Canberra. C．In Beijing．
第二节(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听 完后，各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Why didn’t the man go to school yesterday? A. He caught a terrible cold．
B. He was injured by his sister． C. He had to take care of his family． 7. What was the lecture given by Professor Li about? A. Travel. B. Animals. C. Success．
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What is the woman going to buy? A. Some Chinese food. B. Some fruit. C. Some books.
9. Where will the man meet Stephen? A. At the library. B. At a restaurant. C. At the supermarket.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Where does this conversation probably take place? A. In a shop. B. At customs. C. In a bus station.
11. Where did the woman buy the bottle of wine? A. In a French wine shop. B. At a market. C. At a jewelry store.
12. What does the man say about the diamond ring? A. It is very expensive. B. It is duty-free. C. There is a duty on it.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Where does the man want to go? A. To the shopping center. B. To the bank. C. To the International Exhibition Center．
14. Where is the place the man wants to go? A. It is next to the bank. B. It’s next to the shopping center． C. It’s across from the shopping center． 15. How long will it take to get there by bus? A. About ten minutes. B. About five minutes. C. About half an hour.
16. How will the man go there? A. By bus. B. On foot. C. By subway.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What is the speech about? A. How to study effectively. B. How to read fast. C. How to take good notes．
18. What should students do first before taking notes? A. Learn about the lecturer. points. 19. What is the most important thing in taking notes? A. To write down as much as possible． B. To understand what you’re writing down． C. To make your hand work as quickly as your ears. 20. What should students do when taking notes? A. Organize the main points in short sentences. B. Write down as much information as possible． C. Take notes like professionals． 第二部分阅读理解(共两节，满分 35 分) 第一节：阅读下面短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项，并 在答题卡上将该项涂黑。(共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) A When I was about 12，I had an enemy，a girl who liked to point out my shortcomings. Week by week her list grew：I was very thin，I wasn’t a good student I talked too much，I was too proud．and so on．I tried to hear all this as long as I could．At last，I became very angry. I ran to my father with tears in my eyes． He listened to me quietly, then he asked．"Are the things she says true or not? Janet，didn’t you ever wander what you’re really like? Well，you now have that girl’s opinion．Go and make a list of everything she said and mark the points that are true． Pay no attention to the other things she said．" I did as he told me．To my great surprise，I discovered that about half the things were true. Some of them I couldn't change(1ike being very thin)，but a good number I could-and suddenly I wanted to change．For the first time I got a fairly clear picture of myself． I brought the list back to Daddy．He refused to take it."That’s just for you，"he said．"You know better than anyone else the truth about yourself．But you have to learn to listen, not just close your ears in anger and feel hurt． When something said about you is true， you’ll find it will be of help to you． Don't shut your ears． Listen to them all, but hear the truth and do what you know is B. Do some background reading. C. Organize the main
the right thing to do．" Daddy’s advice has returned to me at many important moments．In my life，I’ve never had a better piece of advice． 21. Which do you think would be the best title for this passage? A. My Childhood. C. Not an Enemy, but the Best Friend. B. The Best Advice I’ve ever had. D. My Father
22. What does "Week by week her list grew" mean? A. Week by week, my shortcomings grew more serious. B. She had made a list of my shortcomings and kept on adding new ones to it so that it was growing longer and longer． C. I was having more and more shortcomings as time went on. D. Week by week she discovered more shortcomings of mine and pointed them out to me． 23. Why did her father listen to her quietly? A. Because he believed that what her daughter’s ”enemy” said was mostly true． B. Because he had been so angry with his daughter’s shortcomings that he wanted to show this by keeping silent for a while． C. Because he knew that his daughter would never listen to him D. Because he wasn’t quite sure which girl was telling the truth． 24. What did the father do after he had heard his daughter’s complaint? A. He told her to write down all that her “enemy” had said and pay attention only to the things that were true． B. He criticized(批评)her and told her to overcome her shortcomings． C. He told her not to pay any attention to what her ”enemy” had said． D. He refused to take the list and have a look at it． B When you study abroad in France，you can expect to be treated the same as your native(当 地的)classmates, whether in a lecture or a discussion class. While you can study abroad in France and concentrate on nearly any subject, it’s the students with a passion for the arts, architecture and history that rush to the country in the largest numbers．And that’s no shock, considering that France has been the center of the arts for
centuries． As students of the arts，you will have to make careful use of your time, given all that France has to offer． ●Visit the Louvre to view the works of French artists such as Monet, Matisse and Renoir; ●Read the works of such French literary geniuses as Baudelaire, Proust and Voltaire; ●Listen to the music of Debussy, or more contemporary(当代的)artists like Air and Daft Punk． France is also a main destination for architecture students, as you will see architecture in nearly every style： ●The Gothic Chateau de Chambord, built in the 1500s; ●Place Dauphine built in 1607 in Baroque style; ●The post—modern housing development, Marne—la—Vallee． History students will find that France has been where the action is for quite some time. Over the course of the centuries, it has been the stage for the most important developments in the history of mankind, including the French Revolution, the rise of Napoleon and the rise of the Fifth Republic under President Charles de Gaulle. It was also the site of the D—Day invasion(诺曼底登 陆)of world War II． As a possible study abroad location, France has a lot to offer，because the combination of educational institutions(教育机构), arts and culture，and national history are second to none． 25. What can we learn about studying abroad in France from the text? A. France is the best place for students who love the arts． B. There are many lectures and discussion classes． C. Few students choose to study in France． D. Students from China are usually treated badly． 26. What can art students do on weekends? A. View Monet’s works in the Louvre. C. Listen to Proust’s music. B. Read Renoir’s literary works. D. Enjoy Voltaire’s music．
27. According to the text，you can see many kinds of architecture in France，such as_____． ①post—modem housing developments ③the Big Ben ④Gothic architecture ②Baroque style buildings
28. The text is most likely taken from______． A. a history book C. a study abroad website B. an architecture advertisement D. a fashion magazine C Scientists find that hard—working people live longer than average men and women. Career women are healthier than housewives. Evidence shows that the jobless are in poorer health than jobholders. An investigation shows that whenever the unemployment late increases by 1％, the death rate increases by 2％. All this comes down to one point, work is helpful to health． Why is work good for health? It is because work keeps people busy away from loneliness. Researches show that people feel unhappy, worried and lonely when they have nothing to do. Instead, the happiest are those who are busy. Many high achievers who love their careers feel that they are happiest when they are working hard. Work serves a bridge between man and reality. By work people come into contact with each other. By collective activity they find friendship and warmth. This is helpful to health. The loss of work means the loss of everything. It affects man spiritually and makes him ill． Besides, work gives one a sense of fulfillment and a sense of achievement. Work makes one feel his value and status in society. When a writer finishes his writing or a doctor successfully operates on a patient or a teacher sees his students grow, they life happy beyond words． From the above we can come to the conclusion that the more you work the happier and healthier you will be. Let us work hard and study hard and live a happy and healthy life． 29. The underlined word ”average” in Paragraph 1 means_____． A. healthy B. ordinary C. lazy D. poor
30. The reason why housewives are not as healthy as career women is that_____． A. housewives have less chance to communicate with others B．housewives haVe more children than career women C．housewives are poorer than career women D．housewives eat less food than career women 31．Which of the following statements is TRUE according to Paragraph 2 A．Busy people have nothing to do at home．
B．High achievers don’t care about their families． C．A satisfying job helps to keep one healthy． D．There is no friendship and warmth at home 32．The best title for this passage may be_________． A．People Should Find a Job B．The Loss of Work Means the Loss of Everything C．People Should Make More Friends by Work D．Working Hard Is Good for Health D There are many ways to express love，but Ding Yizhou chose one that few people would do： going on a trip around China with his girlfriend．Lai Min,who uses a wheelchair． Ding，27，began his trip from his hometown of Liuzhou，in Guangxi Province，on January 3rd．The journey resulted from a wish by his girlfriend．Lai was diagnosed with a terrible disease which made her unable to walk．She once told Ding that she wanted to go out and use a camera to record her visits to places across China,so Ding came up with the idea for their adventure．He began to prepare for the trip in November last year and spent about 16 days modifying(改造)his girlfriend’s wheelchair．He decided to use a sheepdog to pull the wheelchair,while he rode a mountain bike． In order to help with the treatment of Lai’s disease， Ding spent all of his savings． As they hit the road， Ding had just 200 yuan． he did hairdressing for villagers along the way when he was short of money．He also earned money by doing farm work．He even earned more than 30 yuan by harvesting sugar cane． The tour made headlines in the newspapers and many people offered help．“I should not have accepted donations in the first place。”Ding said．“After a11．it was a personal dream that we wished to accomplish by ourselves．The purpose of the trip is to enjoy the scenery and to experience different customs and cultures along the way。so we are not in a hurry and I don’t worry about whether we can make it．The pursuit(追求)of a dream is just as enjoyable as achieving it．” 33．Why did Ding decide to go on a trip around China? A．Because he wanted to propose(求婚)to his girlfriend in a special way．
B．Because his girlfriend’s dream was to go traveling． C．Because his girlfriend wanted to take photos outside． D．Because he himseIf wished to have an adventure． 34．In order to meet their needs during their trip．Dins had to A．ask for money from others along the way B．do full—time jobs in places where they stayed for some time C．do haircuts for villagers on the way D．sell sugar cane in markets 35．What would be the best title for this text? A． A Poor Couple C．Express Your Love B．Follow Your Dreams D．A Special Trip
第二节(共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 根据短文内容． 从短文后的选项中选能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余选项。 For lots of people，summer is a good time to stay out at the pool or the beach，and bathe in the sun．Outdoor activities like beach volleyball and swimming are very popular in summer．But people seldom pay attention to UV rays(紫外线)while staying outside. 36 To enjoy the sun comfortably， you should find a balance between． skin protection and these summer activities． Here are some tips for you． 37 Your sun cream should be with a Sun Protection Factor(SPF：防晒系数)of at least 15．Wear sun cream even on cloudy days and on the days when you don’t plan on spending too much time outdoors． Wear a lot of sun cream and re—apply (重抹)it frequently． If you think you aren’t putting on enough，switch to another kind with a higher SPF． 38 In direct sun—
light,wear sun cream with a higher SPF,like SPF 30． While playing sports． use sun cream that does not allow water to get through． Take frequent breaks．39 During these hours，take breaks to cool off indoors or in the shade before heading out again． Wear a hat and sunglasses ，which will provide almost 100％ protection against UV rays． 40 Avoid eating products that speed up the body’ s production of melanin(黑色素)， which darkens the skin． ’
A．Wear sun cream every day．
B．Apply it every two to three hours． C．Search online for other ways to prevent sunburn． D．Drink more water and eat fresh fruit and vegetables． E．The sun’s rays are strongest between 10：00 a．m．and 4：00 p．m． F．Consult experts to help you protect your skin and eyes effectively． G．UV rays are dangerous because they can cause skin cancer and damage your eyes． 第三部分英语知识运用(共两节，满分 25 分) 第一节完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填人空白处的 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 On the third Sunday in June． Americans take time to recognize and thank a special person in the family—father!Now let’s have a look 41 the word， “father"，and its stories． “Like father like son”is probably the most 42 father expression．It means a boy is very 43 to his father in many 44．and sons often do what their fathers did before．This can be a(n) 45 thing or a bad thing. Harry Chapin’s 46 ，Cat’s in the Cradle，was popular in the 1970s．He sings about a father who did not 47 time with his son． His sun grew up to be a man who did not have time for his aging father．Like father，like son． The words， “the child is father of the man" 48 the William Wordsworth poem,My Heart Leaps Up．It means people’s personalities 49 when they are children．They will most likely have the 50 qualities as an adult that they had as a child． In everyday speech．one could say． “In his 51，the child was father of the man；he loved books as a child and now works as a(n)52."Sometimes fathers arc not a good 53 in the lives of their children．In that case．a person may look for a father figure，a man who is not 54 the person’s father,but who 55 like one． As is known to a11．the 56 between a man and his son can be really complex(复杂的)． But that between a father and daughter is much 57．The expression， “daddy’s little girl",is understood to mean that，in a father’s eyes，his daughter can do no 58．There is usually not a(n) 59 eye at any wedding during the traditional father—and 一 daughter dance， 60 if they are dancing to a song like Michael Buble’s Daddy’s Little Girl．
41．A．on 42．A．strange 43．A．similar 44．A．examples 45．A．good 46．A．poem 47．A．spend 48．A．come from 49．A．rise 50．A．different 51．A．mind 52．A．doctor 53．A．idea 54．A．generally 55．A．acts 56．A．distance 57．A．simpler 58．A．choice 59．A．wet 60．A．probably
B．in B．difficul B．familiar B．ways B．negative B．article B．cost B．differ from B．form B．important B．manner B．farmer B．influence B．gently B．looks B．relationship B．stronger B．wrong B．clear B．specially
C．at C．regular C．active C．matters C．obvious C．song C．take C．result from C．remain C．positive C．case C．writer C．interest C．particularly C．talks C．contact C．thinner C．chance C．dry C．mostly
D．of D．common D．unique D．directions D．weak D．film D．play D．lean from D．happen D．same D．method D．engineer D．result D．actually D．moves D．communication D．harder D．decision D．open D．especially
第二节(共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 阅读下面材料，用一个单词或所给单词的适当形式填空。 How are you? I am sorry I haven’t written for a while．since I have been very busy 61____ (train)for the local table tennis tournament．In your last letter you asked me to tell you something about table tennis． Table tennis，also called ping—pong，is played all around the world and is 62______Olympic sport．It is played on a table that is 2.74 metres by 1.525 metres and 63_______(stand)76 centimetres from the ground．The net goes across the centre of the table and is 15.25 centimetres high．It is very similar to playing tennis on a court． Many players believe table tennis is not only a physical game 64_______also a psycho—
logical game as well．A frequent technique used by many players is to stare at the people they are playing against to make them feel uncomfortable．Today，players from China，South Korea and Germany among others play leading 65_______(role)in international table tennis com— petitions． I hope this information will be of use to you．Good luck with your sport． yours, Lu Fang． 第四部分写作(共两节，满分 20 分) 第一节短文改错(共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分) 文中共有 5 处错误．每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧)'并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线＼划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词；2．只允许修改 5 处，多者(从第 6 处起)不计分。 Man has been interested robots for quite some time．Scientists is always inventing new and better robots，which will play an important role in our future lives．First，smarter robots will help we with the housework．They will take over jabs such as preparing meals，washing dishes and sweeping the floor,so that we will have more free time to have fun．Second，robots will be our friends.Whenever We feel sad，lonely or upset,We can have a chat with a robot．Robots will not only be good listeners but they will offer us a good advice． In conclusion， robots will be more and more intelligent and will benefit us in much ways． 第二节书面表达(15 分) 假定你是李华，你的英国朋友 Peter 来信向你咨询如何才能学好中文。请你根据下列要 点写封回信。 要点： 1．参加中文学习班： 2．看中文书刊、电视； 3．学唱中文歌曲： 4．交中国朋友。 注意：
1．词数 100 左右： 2．可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯： 3．开头语已为你写好。 Oct 28，2014 Dear Peter, I’m glad to receive your letter asking for my advice on how to learn Chinese well． _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________