天津市 2012-2013 学年高二英语上学期期末考试试题
一、听力（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 第一节、听下面 5 段材料。从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项。每段材料读一遍。 1. How long is the bank open every day? A. Five hours. B. Eight hours. C. Nine
hours. 2. What does the man mean? A. Nobody can help her with her reading. B. The new librarian can help to find a good dictionary. C. The librarian may be of some help to the woman. 3. What’s the weather like now? A. It’s cloudy. A. Better and better. 5. What did the man like? A. Oranges. B. Apples. C. Pears. 第二节、听下面 5 段材料。从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项。每段材料读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Where are the two speakers? A. In the woman’s house. 7. What does the man enjoy? A. Black coffee. B. Red wine. C. Milk with coffee. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What does Mr Li come here for? A. He has come here to see his friend. B. He has come here to see Miss Wang. C. He has come here to look for a job. 9. What did Mr Li do in New York? A. He was a worker in a factory. B. He was a student there. C. He worked in a hotel as a cook. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. Where did Sue spend the nights in the country? A. In a farm house. A. It snowed a lot. B. It rained nearly every day. C. There was lots of sunshine. 12. What did Sue think of the people in the country? A. They were tall. B. They were strange. C. They were friendly. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. Where are the two speakers going this Sunday? A. To a friend’s dinner party. B. To a friend’s birthday party.
B. It’s raining. B. Worse and worse.
C. It’s snowing. C. Faster and faster.
4. What do you think about the man’s English?
B. At the man’s office.
C. In a bar.
B. In the open.
C. At a hotel.
11. What was the weather like in the country?
C. To a friend’s wedding. 14. The man doesn’t think it ________ to bring a present. A. pleasant A. Chinese tea. B. necessary B. Chinese dish. C. proper C. Toys for the children. 15. What present have they decided to bring? 16. How will they get their present ready? A. By cooking one by themselves. B. By ordering one from a restaurant. C. By buying one in a supermarket. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What are they going to do on Saturday afternoon? A. They are going to ride bicycles. B. They are going to do some exercise. C. They are going to run in the mountain. 18. What is the program on Saturday evening about? A. A baseball player. A. 7:30 am. B. Water sports. C. A city in America. 19. When will the exercise on Sunday begin? B. 9:00 am C. 8:30 am. 20. When is the lunch on Saturday and on Sunday? A. At 12:00 on Saturday; at 12:30 on Sunday. B. At 1:00 on Saturday; at 1:30 on Sunday. C. At 11:30 on Saturday; at 1:30 on Sunday. 二 单项选择（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. –Would you take this along to the office for me? --_________. A. With pleasure A. didn’t have A. who B. That’s right B. hasn’t had C. which C. Never mind C. doesn’t have D. that D. No, thanks D. hadn’t had 22. Lucy _______ time to go to the library since she got her new job. 23. Last week, John bought a camera, _______ is popular with young people. B. whose 24. –Excuse me. Is this the right way to the Summer Palace? --Sorry. I’m not sure. But it _______ be. A. will A. as A. how B. might B. though B. that C. must C. unless C. if B. out of order B. having enjoyed D. shall D. whenever D. what C. out of work C. enjoyed D. out of date D. to enjoy 25. I think your opinions about life will change _______ you get older. 26. I haven’t seen Li Hua recently. I wonder _______ he gets along well with his English study. 27. Since much of the information in this book is _______, you’d better choose another one. A. out of sight A. enjoying 28. He drove slowly on the road, _______ the quiet of the evening. 29 –Will it rain today? --_______. It is so cloudy today.
A. That depends A. power A. put up 32. A. Unless A. written A. it hour. A. Usually
B. I guess not B. energy B. turned up B. Though B. was written B. this
C. I don’t think so D. control
D. I’m afraid so
30. Our new teacher is so young that she has no _______ over the class. C. strength C. made up C. Until C. to write C. that 31. Tom didn’t see the UFO at all. He simply _______ the story. D. brought up D. If D. writing D. them I don’t understand art, I still find the painting beautiful.
33. I borrowed a book ________ by J.K Rowling from the library last week. 34. We find ________ important and necessary to learn a foreign language. 35. The tall building caught fire last night. _______, the firefighters put it out within an B. Possibly C. Fortunately D. Especially
三 完型填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分）
36. A. Therefore 37. A. answering 38. A. friend 39. A. clean 40. A. shop 41. A. get up 42. A. shaking 43. A. for 44. A. anywhere 45. A. But 46. A. missed 47. A. smile 48. A. it 49. A. send for 50. A. book
B. However B. preparing B. family B. dirty B. gift B. come up B. puzzling B. with B. somewhere B. Or B. disappointed B. hope B. which B. wait for B. money
C. Thus C. looking C. book C. full C. girl C. give up C. crying C. by C. everywhere C. As C. dismissed C. honesty C. that C. look after C. card
D. Otherwise D. calling D. bag D. empty D. lady D. make up D. relaxing D. in D. nowhere D. So D. lost D. worry D. what D. call on D. toy
四、阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） A Mr. Hadley was my 6 grade teacher. At that time I was a short girl weighing 70 kilograms. Boys always laughed at me because of it. So I became an extremely shy young lady. One day Mr. Hadley told us that we would be required to come to the front of the class and read the reports that we had completed. When my turn came, I refused to stand in front of all those students and open up to their tricks. Mr. Hadley handed me my report and asked me to read it. I gave it back to him. He walked to the front and said,“Martha has a very good report here and I think everyone needs to hear her read it. If you make strange noises or make fun of her in any way, I will let you fail right here and now. OK?” Mr. Hadley walked back to me and handed me the paper again, asking me to go to the front of the class. I walked there on legs that were shaking and I felt a rabbit in my chest. Everyone was all quiet, including those boys. I stood there trying to be calm. Mr. Hadley walked over to me and put his arm around me,“You can do it. I have confidence in you!” His words helped me calm down. I read the report and instead of the kids laughing at me and making fun of me, they all stood up and clapped their hands. From that day on the kids never made fun of me any more and some actually made friends with me. I continued to be quite shy all through school but I knew if I had to stand up in front of the class, I could do it. 51. Martha felt extremely shy because of her A. study B. age C. appearance
. D. beauty . grade
52. Martha refused to read her report in front of the class because A. she didn’t like the teacher of the 6 B. she knew her report was not good C. the teacher wouldn’t listen to her D. she was afraid of being laughed at 53. How did Martha feel when she came to the front to read her report? A. Curious B. Excited C. Nervous . D. Angry 54. From the passage we know that A. Martha’s report was well written B. Martha had a rabbit as her pet C. Martha was a good-looking girl D. the teacher helped Martha with her report 55. Mr. Hadley helped Martha gain A. satisfaction B. self-confidence . C. humor B D. happiness
The New York Public Library, in the heart of the city at 42 Street and 5 Avenue, may have to close its doors. The library is one of New York’s most beautiful and valuable buildings. Even though it is in the busiest part of the city, it has grass and trees around it, and benches for people to sit on. Even more unusual in crowded New York, its rooms are very large. The roof of the Main
Reading Room is 51 feet high. Here, a reader can sit and work in comfort. The library has over thirty million books and paintings. It owns one of the first copies of a Shakespeare’s play, a Bible printed in the 15 century, and a letter written by Columbus in which he tells of finding the new world. Every New Yorker can visit the library and use its riches -- free. But the cost of running the library has risen sharply in recent years, and the library has not enough money to continue its work. In the past, it was open every day. Now it is closed on Saturdays and Sundays and every evening to save money. The library is trying to raise more money to meet its increasing cost. Well-known writers and artists are trying to help. So are the universities, whose students use the library, and the government of New York City. But the problem remains serious. Yet a way must be found to save the library because, as one writer said,“The Public Library is the most important building in New York City -- it contains all our knowledge.” 56. Where is the New York Public Library? A. Outside New York. B. In the north of the city. D. In the heart of a university. C. In the busiest part of New York. 57. What can be found in the library? A. A Bible read by Columbus. B. All the copies of Shakespeare’s plays. C. More than forty million paintings. D. A letter about finding the new world. 58. The periods when the library is open now include _______ . A. Tuesday evening C. Saturday afternoon A, Saving a library. C. Building a new library. B. Sunday morning D. Monday morning B. Repairing an old building. D. Reading in comfort.
59. What is the passage mainly about?
60. Which of the following is TRUE？ A. The library has grass and trees in it. B. New Yorkers don’t have to pay to use the library. C. Famous writers don’t have to pay to use the library. D. The main reading room of the library is 15 feet high. C If you ask someone why he or she wears clothes, the answer will probably be "to keep warm and to cover my body". These are the basic reasons why clothes are worn, but people also want to look attractive and appear successful to others. If people only wore clothes for warmth and to cover their bodies, most clothes would be simple and cheap. In most Western countries, however, clothes are sometimes very expensive. The main reason for this is not the cost of the cloth or the cost of making the clothes. The clothes are expensive because of fashion（时尚）. Successful businessmen, for example, often wear very expensive suits, shirts and ties. Sometimes they pay thousands of dollars for a suit and hundreds of dollars for a tie. It’s just
a suit and a tie but they pay these prices because of the famous name of the designer. A suit costing much less would be just as warm and would cover the wearer's body just as well. Fashion is always changing, which means those who want to be fashionable have to buy new clothes every few months, even if last month's clothes have only been worn once or twice. Some people have wardrobes full of clothes that have hardly been worn but are no longer in fashion. Being fashionable, therefore, can be a very expensive pastime(消遣)! 61. What do people basically wear clothes for? A. Looking attractive to others. C. Appearing successful to others. A. one has to buy new clothes C. the cost of the cloth is high B. Following the fashion. D. Keeping warm and covering bodies. B. these clothes are in fashion D. making clothes costs much
62. The main reason why clothes are sometimes very expensive is that _______.
63. We can learn from the passage that _______. A. expensive clothes are not worth their prices B. fashion is not always changing C. expensive clothes are warmer D. fashion designers like expensive clothes 64. What does the underlined word “wardrobes” in Paragraph 4 mean? A. Fashionable clothes shops. C. Cupboards for storing clothes. 65. What is the passage mainly about? A. Suits and ties. C. Beauty and success. B. Clothes and fashion. D. Cost and pastime. D When I was 16 years old, I made my first visit to the United States. It wasn’t the first time I had been abroad. Like most of English children, I learned French at school. And I had often been to France, so I was used to speaking a foreign language to people who didn’t understand English. When I went to America I was really looking forward to having a nice easy holiday without any language problems. How strong I was! The misunderstanding began at the airport. I was looking for a public telephone to give my friend Rose a call and tell her that I had arrived. A friendly old man saw me looking lost and asked if he could help. “Yes,” I said,“I want to give my friend a ring.” “Well, that’s nice,” he said,“Are you getting married, young man？But aren’t you a bit young? “I’m not talking about marriage,” I replied,“I only want to give my friend a ring to tell her I’ve arrived. Can you tell me where is a phone box?” “Oh!” he said, “There’s a phone downstairs.” When at last we met, Rose explained the misunderstanding to me. “Don’t worry,” she said to me,“I had so many difficulties at first. There are lots of words which the Americans use differently in meaning from the British. You will soon get used to all the funny things they say. Most of the time British and American people understand each
B. The clothes that some people have. D. Shelves used for keeping books.
other.” 66. Where was the writer from? A. America B. England C. France D. China 67. At the airport, the writer wanted ________. A. to tell Rose his arrival C. to make friends with Rose A. make a phone call C. get married A. The French C. The British B. his friend to see him off D. to go to the telephone company B. sell a ring D. repair a phone B. The Americans D. The Canadians
68. At first, the old man thought the writer wished to ________.
69. What does the underlined word “they” in the last paragraph refer to?
70. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? A. American English is completely different from British English. B. British people don’t have any language problems in the US. C. Most of French children are required to learn English at school. D. British and American people understand each other most of the time. 五、阅读表达（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） A new club will be set up for students who like music. If you are a music lover, please come and fill in the form to join the club. The club will have different activities and they will all be held in the school library. On Monday afternoons, club members will listen to the CDs that our members bring to the club. And then anyone will be given a chance to perform their music. On Wednesday afternoons, club members will talk about people who wrote the music and those who performed it. If you know something about people like Beethoven, Mozart, or Shubert, this will be a good time for you to tell us. On Friday afternoons, we will invite music teachers to teach our members how to play different musical instruments, both western and traditional Chinese ones. Besides, at the first meeting on Monday afternoon, we’ll choose the members of the committee from the club members. Everything of the club will be decided by the committee, like what CDs will be played and which musicians to talk about. Welcome to our club. And music will be your sincere friend in life. 注意：每个空最多不超过 5 个词 71 is to be started Students who love music 72
Members Place Time
On Monday afternoons On 74
Listen to CDs and Talk about musicians
On Friday afternoons
Learn to play musical instruments
at the first meeting
完形： 36-40 BCBDC 41-45 ACCBD 46-50 DADCD 阅读 51-55CDCAB 56-60CDDAB 61-65DBACB 66-70BACBD 阅读表达