东莞市第七高级中学 2012-2013 高一 3 月月考 英 语
注意事项： 1．答卷前，考生务必用黑色字迹钢笔或签字笔将自己的姓名和考生号、试室号、座位 号填写在答题卡上。 2．选择题每小题选出答案后，用 2B 铅笔把答题卡上对应题目选项的答案信息点涂黑， 如需改动，用橡皮擦干净后，再选涂其他答案，答案不能答在试卷上。 3．非选择题必须用黑色字迹的钢笔或签
字笔作答，答案必须写在答题卡各题目指定区 域内的相应位置上；如需改动，先划掉原来的答案，然后再写上新的答案；不准使 用铅笔和涂改液；不按以上要求作答的答案无效。 4．作答选做题时，请先用 2B 铅笔填涂选做题的题号对应的信息点，再作答；漏涂、 错涂、多涂的，答案无效。 5．考生必须保持答题卡的整洁；考试结束后，将试卷和答题卡一并交回。
Ⅰ Listening (consisting of two parts, 15 points)
Section One Listening comprehension ( 10 points ) In this section you will hear several conversations. Listen to the conversations carefully and then answer the questions that follow. 每段播放两遍。各段后有几个小题，各段播放前每小题有 5 秒钟的阅题时间。请根据各 段播放内容及其相关小题，在 5 秒钟内从题中所给的 A、B、C 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。 听下面一段对话，回答第 1-2 两个小题。 1. Why did the woman want to change job? A. She wanted a job as a waitress. B. She wanted more time to study. C. Her pay was too low. 2. What was the result of the interview? A. She got the job. B. She was able to enter the university. C. The man promised her a pay rise. 听下面一段对话，回答第 3-5 三个小题。 3. When are they going to meet? A. On Wednesday morning. B. On Friday. C. On Wednesday evening. 4. What is the probable job of the woman? A. A film star. B. A musician. C. A football player. 5. What does the man invite the woman to do? A. To see a film. B. To have dinner together. C. To enjoy a concert. Section Two Blank-filling （5 points） 听下面一段独白，请根据题目要求，从所听到的内容中获取必要的信息，填入答题卡标 号为 6～10 的空格中。听录音前，你将有 15 秒钟的阅题时间。录音读两遍，你将有 60 秒钟
的作答时间。 Items 6 Walls The building Objects in the The kitchen 9 room Things to do should be tied to the wall. should be especially 7 has 8 windows. 10 on all the cupboards. can be tied to tables. must have .
Ⅱ Using language (consisting of two parts, 45 points)
Section One Cloze (30 points) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 A strange thing happened to me last Sunday. It was such a beautiful day that I decided to go for a 11 in the country. On the way back home，my car stopped. It was out of lonely road far from a town. I decided to walk until I found someone who could 12 on a 13 me a
gallon（加仑） or two of petrol. I had 14 the road. I was 15
almost a mile before I finally found a big house near
to see it because it was starting to get dark. I 16 at the door 17 for you a long
and a little old lady with long white hair answered. She said, “I have been time. Come in. Tea is almost ready.” “But I only came for some petrol.” I answered. I couldn’t “Oh, Alfred! Petrol? You used to I quickly 20 19 tea.” 18
what she was talking about.
that I needed some petrol, but she didn’t seem to hear me. She just kept
calling me Alfred and talking about how long it had been since she had seen me. She was acting very strangely and I was fast as I could. 21 to leave. As soon as she went to get tea, I went out of the house as
22 , there was another house down the road and I was able to buy several 23 . He said,“Oh, that is Miss Emily. She lives
gallons of petrol. When I told the man about my by herself in that big house. She’s
24 but she wouldn’t hurt anyone. She is still waiting for the 25 he left home and
man she was supposed to marry thirty years ago. The day before their never came back because of the war.” 11. A. walk 12. A. work 13. A. buy 14. A. rested 15. A. amazed 16. A. beat 17. A. waiting 18. A. order B. holiday B. petrol B. borrow B. stopped B. pleased B. stood B. searching B. hear
C. drive C. order C. sell C. stepped C. surprised C. knocked C. longing C. imagine
D. picnic D. sight D. send D. walked D. tired D. struck D. looking D. remember
19. A. like 20. A. explained 21. A. excited 22. A. Fortunately 23. A. expression 24. A. kind 25. A. marriage
B. have B. realized B. anxious B. Lately B. idea B. funny B. journey
C. drink C. noticed C. worried C. Immediately C. schedule C. strange C. plan
D. make D. discovered D. amazed D. Personally D. experience D. angry D. wedding
Grammar and vocabulary
根据句子结构的语法性， 在下面空格处填入一个适当的词或使用括号中词的适当形式 填空，并将答案填入答题卡的相应位置。 26. _________ (hear) their teacher's voice, the pupils stopped talking at once. 27. He _________ (bring) up in North Yorkshire by his grandmother . 28. It may be _________ (believe), but it's the truth. 29. She was so tired that she didn't even have the _________ (strong) to stand up. 30. She had her hair cut last night, now it is _________ (thin) and shorter. 31. Thousands of patients have benefited _________ the new medicine. 32. I find _________ strange that she doesn’t want to go. 33. Great changes _________ (take) place in China over the past few years. 34. Those _________ keep working hard will soon be successful. 35. We tried to save the building, _________ it was a hopeless task. 36. Please call me on your _________ (arrive) at the hotel. 37. She did not know _________ had happened. 38. With time _________ (go) by, my memory seemed to get worse. 39. I have borrowed _________ useful book from the library to prepare for my coming exam. 40. People began looking across to see_________ the noise was coming from.
Ⅲ Reading (50 points)
Section One Reading Comprehension ( 40 points ) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项 涂黑。 A A farmer had some puppies to sell. He painted a sign advertising them on the edge of his yard. One day, a little boy came to buy one of the puppies. With a whistle 口哨） the farmer called, （ ,
“Here, Dolly!” Out from the doghouse ran Dolly followed by four little balls of fur. The little boy stood against the fence（栅栏）. His eyes danced with happiness. As the dogs made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else inside the doghouse. Slowly another little ball appeared, something wrong with its legs, doing its best to catch up. “I want that one,” the little boy said. The farmer knelt 跪下） （ down at the boy's side and said, “Son, you don't want that puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would.” With that, the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so, he showed a steel brace（固定器）running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, “You see, sir, I don’t run too well myself, and he will need someone who understands.” 41. How did the farmer advertise his puppies? A. Advertise them in the newspaper. C. Show them to his neighbors. B. Put up a sign in his yard. D. Send pictures to a magazine.
42. The underlined words “four little balls of fur” refer to “_________”. A. four toy balls C. four lovely dogs 43. Why did the boy choose the last dog? A. Because they have something in common. B. Because he didn't have enough money. C. Because it was the most lovely one. D. Because the farmer wouldn't sell other dogs. 44. According to the story, we know that the boy _________. A. didn't like dogs at all C. could run as fast as others B. needed a dog to help him D. had an artificial leg B. four balls made of fur D. four puppies with no fur
45. Which of the following words best describes the boy? A. clever B. lovely C. warm–hearted B The story happened during the Second World War. An old man lived in a small town of Germany. He had three sons and they all worked in the same factory where he had worked. After the war had begun, his sons were all made to join the army one after another and they all died in the fights. The old man was very sad. He didn’t have enough food and was often hungry. And nobody helped him and he didn’t know how to go on living. It was a very cold winter night. The old man couldn’t go to sleep. He had been hungry for D. strange
two days and it was so cold in his room that ice could be seen. He had to get up and began to run in the room until he lay down on the floor. The next morning he had to beg from door to door. He had been to a lot of cities and knew a lot. Once he came to a village, but the villagers were all poor and couldn’t give him anything. He was too hungry to go to another village. He thought hard and found a way. He came to a police station and called out, “Hitler is a foolish pig!” Out came an old policeman at once. He took the old man into a room, gave him some bread and a cup of tea. Then he said, “Don’t say so in our village, sir!” “I’m sorry, sir,” said the old man. “I don’t know it’s Hitler’s hometown.” “No, no, sir,” the policeman said in a hurry. “It’s pigs’ hometown!” 46. The old man’s sons joined the army because_________. A. they were all strong C. they wanted to be full B. they loved their country D. they had to do so
47. The old man was sad because _________. A. his three sons had to join the army C. he lived in the small town alone B. his three sons lost their lives during the war D. he had neither food nor clothes
48. From the passage we can infer that _________. A. the old policeman would send the old man into prison B. the old policeman hated Hitler, too C. the old policeman thought Hitler was better than pigs D. the old man found a friend at the police station 49. In the old policeman’s opinion, _________. A. Hitler was more foolish than pigs C. the old man had to say sorry to him B. the old man insulted（侮辱）their hometown D. the old man had to fight with Hitler
50. What would probably be the best title for this passage? A. An Old Man and His Three Sons C. It’s Hitler’s Hometown B. Hitler is a Foolish Pig D. It’s Pigs’ Hometown C John and Booby joined a wholesale company together just after graduation from college the same year. Both worked very hard. After several years, however, the boss promoted （提升） Bobby to the position of manager but John remained an ordinary employee （雇员） John could not take it . any more, so he sent his resignation(辞职信) and complained that the boss did not value（重视） hard working workers but only promoted those who said good words of him. The boss knew that John worked very hard for the years. He thought for a moment and said, “Thank you for telling me, but I have a request. I hope you will do one more thing for our
company before you leave. Perhaps you will change your mind and take back your resignation.” John agreed. The boss asked him to go and find out anyone selling watermelons in the market. John went and returned soon. He said he had found out a man selling watermelons. The boss asked how much per kg, John shook his head and went back to the market to ask and returned to tell the boss $1.2 per kg. The boss told John to wait a second, and he called Bobby to go and find anyone selling watermelons in the market. Bobby went, returned and said only one person sold watermelons. $1.2 for a kg, $10 for 10kg and his watermelons added up to 340. On the table 58 melons, every melon weighs about 2 kg, bought from the south two days ago and they were fresh, red and good quality. John was surprised and realized the difference between himself and Bobby. He decided not to go away but to learn from Bobby. The story tells us that a more successful person is more concerned and thinks more. Chances are there in the daily details. For the same thing, a person sees one year ahead, while another sees only tomorrow. The difference between a year and a day is 365 times, how could you win? 51. John wanted to stop his job in his company because_________. A. Bobby was promoted but he was not B. he didn’t want to say good words of his boss C. he thought the boss didn’t take his hard work seriously D. he didn’t want to be an ordinary employee 52. The boss asked John to find out where watermelons were sold in order to _________. A. persuade him to stay in the company B. prove he was a hardworking worker C. buy some watermelons for the company D. prove his abilities at work for himself 53. From what Bobby did, we can see that he was promoted only because _________. A. he was a more concerned businessman B. he knew how to do business C. he was more experienced at work D. he knew details about the watermelon market 54. We can conclude from the story that _________. A. one should stop his job if the boss doesn’t think much of his work B. it’s necessary to know the market when you buy a watermelon C. detail plays a very important part in one’s success D. one should get along well with his boss if he wants to be promoted 55. What can be the best title of the passage? A. More Concerned, More Successful B. How to Buy Watermelons C. Who Is More Successful D. Proud John D Beach volleyball is one of those sports that can be an exciting game to play and watch, or, can just be about some friends getting together to have a great time. It’s really easy, and all you need is sand, a net and a group of people, of any age or fitness level, who want to have fun. Beach volleyball can be played with as few as two people on each team, making a total of four people. However, if you are less skilled and experienced in the game, it will be easier to play
with a larger team. The more players you have, the less ground each person will be responsible(负 责)for covering and the more time they will have to recover in between shots. If you only have a few players, each of you will get quite a workout running for the ball after each volley. If you are looking for that relaxing, fun, low-key experience, choose larger teams. Beach volleyball is similar( 相 似 )to regular volleyball in its rules. However, even experienced volleyball players do not realize how much more difficult it is to run and jump on sand. Since it is harder to move quickly on sand than a hard ground, play will be much slower than regular volleyball on a playground. When a player trains for beach volleyball, he will focus(专 注)on building lower body strength as well as upper body. While he needs to be able to hit the ball with a great deal of power and accuracy(准确性), strengthening his legs is extremely important. Whether you are in it for the competition, or just to have a great time with your friends, beach volleyball can be very exciting and fun. You may even start out with friends and fall in love with the sport. 56. When you join a large beach volleyball team, you’ll_________. A. have as many shots as possible C. be responsible for more ground B. improve your volleyball skills D. feel light-hearted(轻松)while playing
57. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. You can hit the ball with much less power when playing beach volleyball. B. The playground size of beach volleyball is much larger than that of regular volleyball. C. You can run more quickly when you are playing regular volleyball. D. The rules of beach volleyball are totally different from those of regular volleyball. 58. What does the writer think of beach volleyball? A. It is a difficult sport to learn. C. It is a sport which needs less power. B. It is a very exciting and interesting sport. D. It is a sport which needs more skills. Because ________.
59. Why is it much slower to play beach volley ball than regular volleyball? A. it is not an easy job to move on sand C. it is usually a larger team 60. The passage mainly tells us _________. A. the game of beach volleyball B. how to become an excellent volleyball player C. why beach volleyball is one of exciting sports D. what we should pay attention to when playing beach volleyball Section Two Matching (10 points)
B. it is a workout running for the ball D. the beach volleyball is heavier
阅读下列应用文及相关信息，并按照要求匹配信息。请在答题卡上将对应题号的相应 选项字母涂黑。 A. King’s Garden Villa (别墅): a large villa area on Xiaoyun Road, near the subway station and
within the Tian He business circle. B. New Car Buyer is the only magazine in Australia that covers every new car on the market. The magazine gives details of small cars, small/medium cars, medium cars, family cars, coupe & sports cars and luxury cars on the Australian market. C. Cheap Eats In Sydney is a guide to more than 600 restaurants where you know you will get smart service, great food and top value. D. Choosing a School for your child, each copy covers more than 400Victorian city and major country high schools, and explains their exam methods, new ideas and all facts of each state’s teaching system. E. The Used Car is a guide for anyone looking to buy a used car. We are trying to save you money and make sure you don’t get into trouble. In this magazine you can get the best deal for your car. F. Pymble Ladies’ College encourages your daughters to discover and develop her own special talents and abilities. For more information, please telephone our secretary on (02) 9855 7799 or visit our website at www.pmblelc.nsw.edu.au 请阅读下列参与者的信息,然后匹配参与者和适合他们的活动。 61. Mr. Smith wants to buy a car. He wants to buy a used one for he hasn’t enough money, but he knows little about the business on used cars. Where can he find some help? 62. Tony just got married and is spending his honeymoon in Sydney. They want to find somewhere nice to have their supper. 63. Mr. and Mrs. Li want to send their only son Li Zhi to go to high school abroad. They want to choose a good school for their child. They need a guide. 64. Mr. Garry Brown plans to send his two daughters to a school only for girls. He thinks this kind of school is much better for them than any other kind of school. 65. Echo wants to buy a big house for her parents. She is a millionaire and likes big and comfortable house. Ⅳ Writing (40 points) Section One Sentence Completion (20 points) 根据各题的要求，完成、改写或翻译句子。(共 8 小题，66-69 每空 0.5 分，70-73 题每题 3 分，满分 20 分) 66. If the neighbours do not give any sweets , the children might ________________________ (捉弄) them. 67. He is full of curiosity, but his mother tells him not ________________________(对……好奇) everything.
68. It's not easy ________________________ (谋生) if you don't have any skills in the modern society. 69. As is well -known, computers are playing an important role in our daily life. (改写)
_______________________ computers are playing an important role in our daily life. 70. I never forget the day. She said goodbye to me on that day. （合并为定语从句） ___________________________________________________________________________ 71. We can succeed only by working hard. (用倒装句改写)
___________________________________________________________________________ 72. 我想知道你是否介意我们问几个问题。 (翻译) ___________________________________________________________________________ 73. 很明显，他在撒谎。 (翻译) __________________________________________________________________________
Section Two Writing (20 points) 【写作内容】 请根据下列提示要点，用英语写一篇关于 J.K.Rowling 的短文。 1. J.K.Rowling 是《哈利.波特》的作者，她于 1965 年 7 月出生于英格兰，从小就梦想当 一名作家。 2.中学毕业后她的父母鼓励她去读法语，一年后她在巴黎的大学毕业并在伦敦工作。 3.就是在 1990 年她有了写关于 Harry Potter 的想法。 4.她的第一部“Harry Potter”的书出版于 1997 年，从那以后，她成为世界上最受儿童欢 迎的作家。 参考词汇：鼓励 encourage ; 出版 publish 【写作要求】 1．字数：90 词左右； 2．可以适当发挥，但短文必须包括所有内容； 3．书写规范，卷面整洁。 【评分标准】 句子结构准确，信息内容完整，篇章结构连贯。
Ⅰ Listening 1-5 BABBA 6. All pipes 7. thick and strong 8. no broken 9.living 10. strong doors Ⅱ Using language 11-15 CBCDB 26.Hearing 30.thinner 16-20 CACAA 21-25 BADCD 29.strength 34.who 35. but 27. was brought 28.unbelievable 31.from 32.it 33.have taken 39.a
36. arrival 37.what 38. going Ⅲ Reading 41-45 BCADC 46-50 DBBBD 51-55:CDACA 56-60 DCBAA Ⅳ Writing Section One Sentence Completion 66. play a trick/joke on
信息匹配 61-65 ECDFA
67.to be curious about
68. to earn a/your living 69. It is well -known that 70. I never forget the day on which she said goodbye to me. I never forget the day when she said goodbye to me. 71. Only by working hard can we succeed. 72. I wonder if you'd mind us asking a few questions. 73. It is obvious that he is lying/telling a lie. Section Two Writing J.K.Rowling, the writer of Harry Potter, was born in England, July 1965. From an early age, J.K.Rowling had dreamt of being a writer. After finishing high school, her parents encouraged her to study French. After having spent a year in Paris, J.K.Rowling graduated from university and worked in London. It was in 1990 that J.K.Rowling first had the idea about Harry Potter. Her first Harry Potter book was published in 1997 and since then, J.K.Rowling has become the most popular writer among children in the world. 听力材料： 听第一段对话，回答第 1~2 两个小题。 M: Have you worked as a waitress before? W: Yes. I’ve worked as a waitress for three years in several different restaurants. M: I see. Are you working now? W: Yes, at the King Hotel dining room. M: Why do you want to leave? W: Because I can’t work for the full time at the moment. I’m taking some courses and university and need more time for study. M: I see. We are looking for someone who can help us late in the week when we get very busy. That’s Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon and evening as well as Saturday. The restaurant is closed on Sunday. W: That’s fine with me.
M: When can you start? W: Is the first of next month all right with you? M: That’s fine. The first of May. Yes, that’s good. By the way, you’ll get $ 1.80 an hour, with tips, of course. W: Good, thank you. 听第二段对话，回答第 3~5 三个小题。 W: 4373811 M: Hello, is that Jean? W: Yes, speaking. M: There’s a really good film on the cinema this week. It’s called the Perfect Storm. Would you like to come and see it with me on Wednesday evening? W: No, I am afraid I can’t. I am going to play in a concert at London University on Wednesday. M: What about Friday then? W: Great. Yes, I’d love to. What time does it start? M: 7 o’clock. Would you like to go for a drink first? W: Yes, fine. Is 6 o’clock Ok? We can meet outside the cinema. M: OK, fine. See you on Friday then. Bye. 第二节 听取信息 听下面一段独白，请根据题目要求，从所听到的内容中获取必要的信息，填入答题卡标 号为 6～10 的空格中。听录音前，你将有 15 秒钟的阅题时间。录音读两遍。你将有 60 秒钟 的作答时间。