主语 + 谓语
He rushed into the room.
A group of lovely dogs slid down the slope.
谓语 + 主语 In came the he
助动词/情态动词 +主语 + v.… Not a single mistake did he make.
1.全部倒装 1) here, there, now, then, thus等副词置于句 首, 谓语动词常用be, come, go, lie, run。 1. There goes the bell. —There it goes. 2. Then came the chairman. —Then he came. 3. Here is your letter. —Here it is.
注意:1.上述句型结构的主语必须是名词，如果主 语是人称代词则不能完全倒装. 2.此结构通常只用一般现在时和一般过去时。
2) 为了使描写的景象更生动，常把表示运 动方向的副词置于句首.如：off, up, down, in, out, away等 1. The door burst open and in rushed the crowd. 2. Up went the kite. 3. 他们走了。 Away they went.
3）介词短语作地点状语位于句首(句子谓 语动词一般为不及物动词, 如:stand, sit, lie, hang, live等)，往往为了使句子结构平衡， 避免头重脚轻。 1. On the screen came the latest catalogue of George‘s Footwear. 2. On the desk lie some books. 3. In the corner of the room sat an old lady.
4）分词结构置于句首 1. Gone are the days when the Chinese people were oppressed by others. 2. Lying on the floor is the naughty boy.
5）表语（形容词，介词短语等）置于句首， 结构为“表语+系动词+主语”， 1. In each class are 42 students. 2. Happy are those who have a sound mind and body.
2. 部分倒装 1)句首为否定/半否定词语，如:no, not, never, seldom, little, hardly, scarcely, barely, not a …; not a single …； by no means, at no time, in no way, in no case, on no account, in/ under no circumstances; not only…but also; not until; hardly/ scarcely …when … ; no sooner… than…等。
1. I have never seen such a performance. Never have I seen such a performance. 2 You won‘t find the answer to the question anywhere. —Nowhere will you find the answer to this question.. 3. He didn‘t say a single word at the meeting. —Not a single word did he say at the meeting.
4. China will not allow any other country to interfere in her internal affairs on any account. —On no account will China allow any other country to interfere in her internal affairs. 5. Not only did he refuse the gift, but he also severely criticized the sender. 注意：not only…but also… 连接两个并列分句 时，第一个分句应使用部分倒装。 如果置于句首的Not only… but also仅连接两个 并列主语，不可用倒装结构。 * Not only you but also I _(be fond of )__ music.
am fond of
6. She had hardly gone out when a student came to visit her. 她刚出去，一个学生就来拜访她。 Hardly had she gone out when a student came to visit her. Barely / scarcely when No sooner than 7. 直到孩子睡着了，妈妈才离开房间。 The mother didn‘t leave the room until the baby fell asleep. Not until the baby fell asleep did the mother leave the room. 注意: 主句倒装，从句不倒装。 It was not until the baby fell asleep that the mother left the room. 强调结构
1) —Why can't I smoke here? —At no time___ in the meeting-room A. is smoking permitted B. smoking is permitted C. smoking is it permitted D. does smoking permit 2) Not until the early years of the 19th century ___ what heat is. A. man did know B. man know C. didn‘t man know D. did man know
3) No sooner___ than it began to rain heavily. A. the game began B. has the game begun C. did the game begin D. had the game begun
2) so, neither, nor在句首作部分倒装，表示―…也‖、 ―…也不―. 结构为：so/neither/nor+助动词/ 情态动词/be+主语。 1. Tom can speak French. So can Jack. Neither/nor will I 2. If you won't/don‘t go, __________________. * Tom asked me to go to play football and so _______. I did * —It?s raining hard. —So it is
注意: 当so引出的句子用以对上文内容加以证实或肯定时， 不可用倒装结构。意为―的确如此‖。
* He is American and he can?t speak Chinese. So it is with his wife.
1) ---Do you know Jim quarrelled with his brother? ---I don't know, _____. A. nor don‘t I care B. nor do I care C. I don‘t care neither D. I don’t care also
3) only修饰状语，置于句首，句子要部分倒装。 1. you can learn English well only in this way. — Only in this way, can you learn English well. 2. He came to the meeting only after being asked three times. — Only after being asked three times did he come to the meeting. 3) He stayed in bed only when he was seriously ill. Only when he was seriously ill did he stay in bed. 注意: 如果句子为主从复合句，则主句倒装，从 句不倒装。 * Only Pan can speak Japanese fluently in our class.如果only修饰的是句子的主语，则无需倒装
4) so… that 句型中，so+adj. / adv.位于句首时， 主句倒装。结构为：so+adj.／adv+主句助 动词+主语+句子剩余部分。 1.The boy is so fat that his classmates often make fun of him. —So fat is the boy that…… 2. Light travels so fast that it is hard for us to imagine its speed. —So fast does light travel that …… 3. He is such a naughty boy that we don‘t know how to deal with him. —Such a naughty boy is he that …… 其结构为：such+a／an+形容词+名词+主句助 动词+主语+句子剩余部分。
5) as, though 引导的倒装句 as / though引导的让步从句可将表语或状语提前。 （形容词, 名词(前无冠词), 副词,实义动词提前)
1. Although he was sick, he came to school. ____________________, Sick as/ though he was he came to school.
2. Although he is a boy, he behaves like a girl. _____________________, Boy as/ though he is he behaves like a girl. Although he is a bad-tempered man, he loves his family deeply. A_______________________________, bad-tempered man as/ though he ishe loves his family deeply. 注意: 如名词前有形容词修饰，as 引导的倒装句中要保 留不定冠词。
3. Much as I travel, I‘ve never seen as capable a person as John.
4. Try as he may, he is unlikely to live up to his parents‘ expectations.
6、与however有关的倒装句 1. (1997全国卷)_______, mother will wait for him to have dinner together. A. However late is he B. However he is late B. However is he late D. However late he is 2. (2004上海春季)________, I have to put it away and focus my attention on study this week. A. However the story is amusing B. No matter amusing the story is C. However amusing the story is D. No matter how the story is amusing
3. (2004湖北卷)You should try to get a good night‘s sleep _____ much work you have to do. A.however B. no matter C. although D. whatever 4. (2005天津)He tried his best to solve the problem, _______difficult it was. A.however B. no matter C. whatever D. although
解题要领 ： however 倒装的结构为： however+ 形容词 (+名词)／副词+从句主谓+…。其余成分顺序不改变。 考点延伸：类似的考点结构有：no matter how+形容 词／副词+从句主谓…。如：No matter how difficult the problem is, we must manage to solve it. 无论问题有多么困难，我们都必须设法解决。
7、与虚拟条件句有关的倒装句 1. (1994全国卷)_______ it rain tomorrow， we would have t0 put 0ff the visit to Yangpu Bridge. A. Were B. Should C. Would D. Will 2. (1995上海卷)_______for the free tickets, I would not have gone to the films so often. A. If it is not B. Were it not C. Had it not been D. If they were not
解题要领：在if引导的虚拟条件句中，若省略 了if，则直接把were, had或should等助动词放 在句首。其余的句子成分顺序不改变。
8. 在某些表示祝愿的句型中： May you all be happy.
1 Only in this way ______ to make improvement in the operating system. （03上海春季） A. you can hope B. you did hope C. can you hope D. did you hope
2. Not only _____ interested in football but _____ beginning to show an interest in. (02上海春季) A. the teacher himself is ; all his students are B. the teacher himself is ; are all his students C. is the teacher himself ; are all his students D. is the teacher himself ; all his students are
3. So difficult ______ it to live in an English-speaking country that I determined to learn English. （01上 海） A. I have felt B. have I felt C. I did feel D. did I feel
4. Not a single song _____ at yesterday’s party. （00上海） A. she rang B. sang she C. did she sing D. she did sing
5. – It was careless of you to have left your clothes outside all night. -- My God ! ____. （99上海） A. So did I B. So I did C. So were you D. So did you
1.直到天黑了那些孩子们才意识到太晚 回不了家了。 A. Not until dark did the boys realize it was too late to return home. B. Not until dark the boys realized it was too late to return home. C. Until dark the boys realized it was too late to return home.
2.直到她摘下了墨镜,我才看出来她是 著 名影星。 A. It was not until did she take off her dark glasses that did I realize she was a famous film star. B. It was not until she took off her dark glasses that did I realize she was a famous film star. C. Not until she took off her dark glasses did I realized she was a famous film star.
3.我刚合上眼,电话铃就响了。 A. Hardly had I closed my eyes than the phone rang. B. No sooner I had closed my eyes than the phone rang. C. No sooner had I closed my eyes than the phone rang.
4.虽然她是一个妇女,但她能做那件 事。 A. A woman as she is, she is able to do that. B. Woman as she is, she is able to do that. C. As she is a woman, she is able to do that.
5.他虽然努力了,但考试未能及格。 A. As he tried hard, he did not pass the examination. B. Hard although he tried, he did not pass the examination. C. Hard as he tried, he did not pass the examination.
6.我不但去过杭州市,而且我在那儿度过 了我的童年。 A. Not only have I been to the city of Hangzhou, but (also) I spent my childhood there. B. Not only I have been to the city of Hangzhou, but (also) did I spend my childhood there. C. Not only I have been to the city of Hangzhou, but (also) I spent my childhood there.
7.只有下课了,他才能和他的朋友们一起踢 足球。 A. Only when the class was over was he able to play football with his friends.
B. Only when the class was over he was able to play football with his friends. C. Only when was the class over he was able to play football with his friends.
8.他是一个美国人,不会说汉语.他的妻子也 是美国人,她也不会说汉语。 A. He is American and he can't speak Chinese. So is his wife. B. He is American and he can't speak Chinese. So it is with his wife. C. He is American and he can't speak Chinese. Neither can his wife.