2012 高考英语词汇复习·动词短语固定搭配 100 题
page 1 of 3
April 30 , 2012 E.
1. ---It's a good idea. But who's going to ______the plan? ---I think Tom an
d Greg will. A. set aside A. make up for A. looked up A. keep up with A. pick up A. get along A. worked out A. links with B. carry out B. keep up with B. thought about B. put up with B. give away B. put up B. tried out B. depends on C. take in C. catch up with C. gone over C. make up to C. put off C. catch up C. went on C. connects to D. get through D. make use of D. gone round D. hold on to D. set aside D. go on D. carried on D. decides on 2. Happily for John's mother, he is working harder to _______ his lost time. 3. If you had _____ your test paper carefully before handing it in, you would have made fewer mistakes. 4. Would you slow down a bit, please? I can't _______ you. 5. You'd better ______ some money for special use. 6. In order to ________ with the advanced countries, we must keep learning. 7. We didn't plan our art exhibition like that but it ______ very well. 8. I'm planning to hold a party in the open air, but I can make no guarantees because it ______ the weather. 9. ---Smoking is bad for your health. ---Yes, I know. But I simply can't _____. A. give it up A. come up with A. hold on to own. A. run away A. show off B. take away B. turn out C. keep away C. bring out D. get away D. take in D. have broken up D. give off D. make it over D. took in D. made up 13. Can you make a sentence to _________ the meaning of the phrase? 14. News reports say peace talks between the two countries_______ with no agreement reached. A. have broken down B. have broken out C. have broken in A. give away A. make it out A. made out A. added to B. give out B. make it off B. picked up B. resulted from C. give up C. make it up C. gave up C. turned out 15. Don't mention that at the beginning of the story, or it may _______ the shocking ending. 16. The idea puzzled me so much that I stopped for a few seconds to try to________. 17. He _____ some French while he was away on a business trip in Paris. 18. The engine of the ship was out of order and the bad weather_______ the helplessness of the crew at sea. B. give it in B. set about B. keep up with C. give it out C. run into C. turn to D. give it away D. put aside D. look after 10. If you ______ any problems when you arrive at the airport, give me a ring. 11. We thought of selling this old furniture, but we've decided to ______ it. It might be valuable. 12. His mother had thought it would be good for his character to _______ from home and earn some money on his
19. We're going to ______ with some friends for a picnic. Would you like to join us? A. get in A. cut out A. stick to A. put off A. Look through A. handed in A. get back from A. get over A. turn it on A. put away A. up A. looked up A. be put up A. about A. go after A. got over A. turned down A. turned down A. put on B. get over B. cut up B. refer to B. put away B. Look on B. handed on B. get off B. get in B. turn it down B. kept up B. across B. looked for B. give in B. out B. go away with B. got on with B. put out B. turned over B. put down C. get along C. cut off C. keep to C. put up C. Look into C. handed out C. get away C. get along C. turn it up C. given away C. along C. picked out C. be turned on C. back C. go into C. got round C. put away C. fallen down C. put back D. get together D. cut through D. point to D. put down D. Look up D. handed over D. get out of D. get through D. turn it off D. laid up D. to D. picked up D. go out D. up D. go in for D. got out of D. turned over D. fallen over D. put off 20. He was in hospital for six months. He felt as if he was _______ from the outside world. 21. It was foolish of him to ______ his notes during that important test, and as a result, he got punished. 22. The sports meet will be____ next week because of the bad weather. 23. _________this book and tell me what you think of it. 24. After all the students had taken their seats, the teacher _______the examination paper. 25. I really don't want to go to the party, but I don't see how I can____ it. 26. Readers can_______ quite well without knowing the exact meaning of each word. 27. I can hardly hear the radio. Would you please _____? 28. It is wise to have some money_______ for old age. 29. We are all going to the games. Why don't you come ________? 30. She______ his number in the phone book to make sure that she had got it right. 31. Nobody noticed the thief slip into the house because the lights happened to_______. 32. The Internet has brought _______ big changes in the way we work. 33. I don't ______ rock' n' roll. It's much too noisy for my taste. 34. It was not a serious illness, and she soon _______ it. 35. The forest guards often find campfires that have not been ________ completely. 36. In some western countries, demand for graduates from MBA courses has _________. 37. You can take anything from the shelf and read, but please _______the books when you've finished with them. 38. We wanted to get home before dark, but it didn't quite ________ as planned.
2012 高考英语词汇复习·动词短语固定搭配 100 题
page 2 of 3
April 30 , 2012 E.
A. make out A. take over A. let out A. get away A. direct to A. threw away A. made for A. took up A. saves up A. get down to A. gave in A. Keep up A. took up A. hold on A. look into A. keep up with A. take on A. take down A. turn away A. bring along
B. turn out B. think over B. took care B. get across B. stick to B. put away B. took off B. caught on B. makes up B. get out B. gave out B. Keep off B. came up B. give out B. look after B. get along with B. take away B. pick up B. turn down B. bring about
C. go on C. hand over C. made sure C. get through C. lead to C. gave away C. set out C. carried on C. takes up C. get back for C. gave up C. Keep on C. turned up C. get down C. look through C. catch up with C. take up C. put away C. turn back C. result in
D. come up D. go over D. made out D. get in D. refer to D. carried away D. turned up D. made for D. puts up D. get over D. gave away D. Keep away D. called up D. break down D. look about D. put up with D. take after D. get along D. turn off D. result from
58. The continuous rain_______ the harvesting of the wheat by two weeks. A. set back A. came off A. turn up A. came up A. gave up A. brought in A. keep up A. sets aside B. set off B. made out B. pick out B. came along B. gave out B. brought up B. pick up B. sets about C. set out C. brought out C. pick up C. came back C. gave in C. brought out C. draw up C. sets off D. set aside D. went off D. show up D. came about D. gave away D. brought about D. catch up D. sets out 59. It was a bad idea to build a power station in the deep valley, but it _____ as well as we had hoped. 60. Under good treatment, Linda is beginning to_________ and will soon recover. 61. I simply couldn't understand how it _______ that you did so much work in such a short time. 62. I kept asking Mr. Smith to stay for lunch and he finally ___________. 63. Difficulties and hardships have ________ the best character of the young geologist. 64. Without proper lessons, you could ________ a lot of bad habits when playing the piano. 65. Peter ________ a little money every month so that he can buy a car of his own in the near future. 66. ---Are you ready to leave? ---Almost. I'll be ready to leave just as soon as I ____ my work. A. get through B. give up C. carry out D. set about 67. ---How is Dennis getting along with his work? ---Well, he can always ________ a new idea for increasing sales. A. come about A. gave up A. run over A. keep out A. make up A. turned against B. come up with B. went out B. run into B. come down B. give away B. turned off C. get way with C. died away C. run out C. come up C. bring in C. turned away D. get up D. took off D. run across D. hold out D. let out D. turned up 68. All the children on the playground stared up into the sky until the noise of the plane _________. 69. Do be careful while crossing the street. If not you may get _______ by a passing car. 70. I tried to work on, but I got so tired that I could no longer ________. 71. John has put on so much weight recently that his mother has to ________ all his trousers to his measure. 72. The hotel porter ________ anybody who wasn't wearing a collar and tie. 73. ---Will somebody go and get Dr. White? ---He's already been ___________. A. asked for A. go on A. put up B. sent for B. carry on B. put away C. called for C. keep on C. put down D. looked for D. take on D. put on 74. Some of the students had learned enough English to _________ a conversation with a native speaker of English. 75. It was getting dark. We decided to ________ for the night at a farmhouse.
39. It is certain that he will ______ his business to his son when he gets old. 40. He accidentally _______ he had quarreled with his wife and that he hadn't been home for a couple of week. 41. We have to ________ the wheat as soon as possible because a storm is on the way. 42. Once a decision has been made, all of us should ______ it. 43. Before the war broke out, many people ________ in safe places possessions they could not take with them. 44. It's ten years since the scientist ________ on his life's work of discovering the valuable chemical. 45. To keep healthy, Professor Johnson _______ cycling as regular form of exercise after he retired. 46. Helen always helps her mother even though going to school ______ most of her day. 47. The final examination is coming up soon. It's time for us to _______ our studies. 48. After a long way she was tired and her legs ___________. 49. Failure is the mother of success. ______your courage. 50. The picture of the park ________ memories of our class trip last year. 51. If Mary carries on working like this, she'll ________ sooner or later. 52. I'll ________ the matter as soon as possible. Just have a little patience. 53. I can ______ some noise while I'm studying, but I can't stand loud noise. 54. My cousin doesn't know what to______ at the university; he can't make up his mind about his future. 55. People in the far-away mountain village cannot_______ this program. 56. Thank you, but I'll have to _______ your offer. 57. Restaurants in every corner of Chengdu not only provide job opportunities but ________ lots of taxes as well.
2012 高考英语词汇复习·动词短语固定搭配 100 题
page 3 of 3
April 30 , 2012 E.
76. How I wish I could ________my ideas in simple and wonderful English chatting on the Internet. A. set off A. shuts up A. make up A. make out A. look at B. set out B. ends up B. make up for B. see through B. look for C. set over C. runs out C. make of C. look out C. look around D. set up D. turns out D. make from D. watch out D. look on 77. The photographer needs to charge up the digital camera every day as the battery ________ quickly. 78. If you lack experience, you can _______ it through practice. 79. I could see a car in the distance, but couldn't _______ what color it was. 80. Many foreigners ________ the Great Wall of China as the World's Seventh Wonder. 81. ---Not getting that job was a big disappointment. ---Don't worry. Something better will _____. A. come along A. result from A. going up work. A. build up A. carried on A. held up A. turned out B. make up B. kept on B. broken off B. turned in C. take up C. taken on C. kept up C. turned up D. send up D. put on D. put off D. turned off 85. Our city is no longer what it used to be. It has _________ a new look. 86. The school bus was _________ by thick fog. 87. We had an anxious moment, but everything ________ all right in the end. 88. In Disneyland, every year, some 800,000 plants are replaced because Disney refused to ________ signs asking his "guests" not to step on them. A. take down destroyed. A. broke off A. set off A. lay out A. made off B. broke out B. broken off B. lay off B. made for C. broke down C. worn off C. lay aside C. made out D. broke up D. called off D. lay down D. made up 90. The sports meet, originally due to be held last Friday, was finally _______ because of the bad weather. B. call for C. put up D. set up 89. When a fire ______ at the National Exhibition in London, at least ten priceless paintings were completely B. take on B. contribute to B. dropped in C. go on C. attend to D. carry on D. devote to 82. Eating too much fat can _______ heart disease and cause high blood pressure. 83. I don't feel well. I think I'm _________ with the flu. C. getting in touch D. coming down 84. In Britain today, women _______ 44% of the workforce, and nearly half the mothers with children are in paid
A. comes to A. handed out learning. A. cares for A. turn up A. pulled down A. cuts down A. took off A. bring it up
B. comes up to B. handed over
C. comes on to C. handed down
D. comes around to D. handed round
94. The bed has been _______ in the family. It was my great grandmother's originally. 95. This article ______ more attention to the problem of cultural interference in foreign language teaching and B. applies for B. turn over B. pulled through B. puts up with B. died down B. let go of it C. allows for C. turn in C. pulled up C. takes over C. passed out C. get rid of it D. calls for D. turn down D. pulled over D. gets on with D. stayed up D. put it into practice
96. None of us expected the chairman to ______at the party. We thought he was still in hospital. 97. The doctor had almost lost hope at one point, but the patient finally _______. 98. Whenever a big company _______ a small one, the product almost always gets worse. 99. As the applause _____, the curtain on the stage dropped slowly. 100. After you have learned something new, it is important that you try to _________.
Keys: 1-5 BACAD 21-25 BAACB 41-45 DBBCA 61-65 DCBBA 81-85 ABDBC 6-10 CABAC 26-30 CCACA 46-50 CABAD 66-70 ABCAD 86-90 AACBD 11-15 ADCAA 31-35 DADAB 51-55 DADCB 71-75 DCBBA 91-95 BBACD 16-20 ABADC 36-40 CCBCA 56-60 BBADC 76-80 BCBAD 96-100 ABCBD
91. The store had to ________ a number of clerks because sales were down. 92. When he realized the police had spotted him, the man _______ the exit as quickly as possible. 93. Joe is not good at sports, but when it ______ mathematics, he is the best in the class.