麻栗坡民族中学 2013-2014 学年秋季学期高二年级期末考试 英语试卷
考试时间：120 分钟 满分：150 分
第一部分听力(共两节，满分 30 分) 第
一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中选出最佳答案，并标 在试卷的相应位置。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. When will the plane probably arrive? A. At about 8:50. A. Mother and son. B. At about 9:15. C. At about 9:50. C. Classmates. 2. What is the most probable relationship between the speakers? B. Husband and wife. 3. What did the man do last night? A. He went to the cinema. B. He talked with a friend. 4. Why is the woman moving? A. She has found a nearer place. C. She doesn?t like her neighbor. 5. Where does the conversation probably take place? A. At home. B. In the office. C. In a restaurant. B. She can?t bear the noise upstairs. B. He went to visit a friend.
第二节（共 15 小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A,B,C 三个选项中选出 最佳答案，并标在试卷的相应位置。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6，7 题。 6. Where did the man spend his holiday? A. Near the sea. B. In a hotel. C. At home. 7. What did the man dislike about the parties? A. There were no bathroom in the hotel.
B. He had to share the bathroom with other people. C. There were so many people there. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8--10 题。 8. Why does the man look very excited? A. He tricked the woman. C. 9. What?s the result of the match? A. 5-0. A. Hold a celebration. B. 5-3. B. Go to school. C. 5-4. B. His football team won. He watched an interesting TV shows.
10. What will the speakers probably do first? C. Tell the news to other classmates. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 11--13 题。 11. Where are the offices of Children?s Fun Club? A. In India. A. Magazines. A. A boy aged 26. B. In Britain. B. Films and videos. B. A boy of 13. C. In the United States. C. Red pens. C. A boy under 10. 12. What will the club send to children next month? 13. Which of the following children can?t join the club? 听第 9 段材料，回答第 14--17 题。 14. Who is going to the cinema with the two speakers? A. Jane. A. Sunny Day. B. Sam. B. Field of Green. C. Pete. C. Heart of Gold. 15. Which film will they see? 16. Which cinema are they going to? A. The one by the market. C. The one opposite the park. 17. When should the man meet the woman? A. At 3:45 18. Who is Answer That for? A. Adults. A. 48. A. A camera B. Children. B. 8. B. A TV set. C. People of all ages. C. 6. C. A laptop. 19. How many people are there in each team? 20. What?s the first prize for next week? 第二部分 英语知识运用 (共两节，满分 45 分)
B. The one in the shopping centre.
B. At 4:15
C. At 4:45
听第 20 段材料，回答第 18--20 题。
第一节 单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. ——Would you like to go shopping with us? ——I?d love to, ______ I have to look after my sick mother here. A. and A. To see A. cut off A. didn?t know A. before A. what A. the, / 28.------ Can I swim here? ------ Sorry. We don?t allow ______ in the pool. A. swim ------ ________. A. No, we can?t. A. who A. you can go A. especial A. were A. must A. didn?t meet B. Let?s go. B. which B. you can goes B. special B. was B. can B. haven?t met C. Great idea. C. that C. can go you C. particular C. are C. may C. didn?t met D. My pleasure. D. what D. can you go D. extra D. is D. should D. hadn?t met 30. Ms Black praised little Tony, ______ of course, made the others unhappy. 31. Only by working hard _______ to some key universities. 32. The old lady is very ________ about what she eats in her daily life. 33. The professor as well as his students _______ present at the lecture just now. 34. Why ______ you play the piano at midnight when others are sleeping? 35. I would rather you ______ each other two years ago. B. swimming C. to swim D. swam 29. ------ Shall we have a short rest? B. or B. Seen B. cut down B. hadn?t known B. after B. As B. a, / C. but C. Seeing C. cut up C. don?t know C. when C. It C. a, the D. besides D. Being seen D. cut in D. haven?t known D. immediately D. Which D. , a 22. ______ from the hill, the small county looks more beautiful. 23. The poor villagers were ______ from the outside world by the floods. 24. Read, you play so well. But I ______ you played soccer so well. 25. They sent me the news ______ they heard it. 26. ______ is clear to everybody that the moon moves around the earth. 27. It seems that ______ global warming has become ______ concern now.
第二节 完形填空 （共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分）
It happened to me several years ago when I was with my parents and sister on 36 on a farm close to Medellin. We were in a car, and it was 2:00 in the morning. We came across a car 37 . As is known to all, it is 38 in some places in Colombia to stop and help strangers because it can be risky (危险的)；you can be 39 . Actually, I have heard of so many 40 in which people have been robbed just because they stopped and tried to help people who 41 to need help from the passers-by. 42 , we didn't know whether to stop or not ; but in the end , 43 , we decided to do it. They had really had a car accident and some of them were 44 . We took them to the hospital. They were really 45 , and we also felt very good about helping them. I remember the next day when we 46 my grandfathers and uncles about that, they said we shouldn?t have 47 because it was too dangerous. They thought we were 48 because we were able to tell the 49 and still take a vacation on the farm. They 50 us never to do that again. 52 I think it was risky, but it was worth taking the 51 . Otherwise, we would always have if it was real. Also, if we hadn?t helped them, who knows what would have 53 to them.
I believe that one of the reasons why we made up our mind 54 to stop was the fact that we were four people in the car. Maybe if I had been by myself 55 , I wouldn?t have stopped. 36. A. duty 37. A. robbery 38. A. convenient 39. A. robbed 40. A. passers-by 41. A. refused 42. A. However 43. A. unluckily 44. A. caught 45. A. thankful 46. A. told 47. A. survived 48. A. brave 49. A. message 50. A. advised 51. A. advice 52. A. wandered 53. A. happened 54. A. brains 55. A. in the future B. time B. accident B. dangerous B. praised B. cars B. offered B. So B. unwillingly B. wounded B. risky B. spoke B. stopped B. kind B. report B. suggested B. trouble B. wondered B. faced B. decisions B. at that time C. show C. trade C. kind C. appreciated C. cases C. pretended C. Otherwise C. killed C. peaceful C. informed C. driven C. lucky C. joke C. persuaded C. risk C. meant C. intentions C. at times D. vacation D. race D. difficult D. punished D. problems D. decided D. Yet D. injured D. frightened D. reminded D. run D. stubborn D. story D. forced D. trip D. given D. minds D. time and again
C. unexpectedly D. luckily
C. remembered D. regretted
三．阅读理解 （共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分）
第一节 （共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） A If you know something is bad for you, why can?t you just stop? About 70% of smokers say they would like to stop. Drug and alcohol abusers (滥用者) struggle to give up the bad habits that hurt their bodies and destroy families and friendships. And many of us have unhealthy weight that we could lose if only we would eat right and exercise more. So why don?t we do it? Some scientists have been searching for answers. They?ve studied what happens in our brains as habits form. They?ve found answers to why bad habits, once formed, are so difficult to kick. And they?re developing ways to help us make the changes we?d like to make. Habits are a normal part of life, and are often helpful. “ We wake up everymorning, shower, comb our hair or brush our teeth without being aware of it,” Volkow says. We can drive along familiar routes without really thinking about the directions. “When behaviors become automatic(不 加思索的), it gives us an advantage, because the brain does not have to perform the action on purpose.” Volkow says. This frees up our brains to focus on different things. One way to kick bad habits is to focus on your unhealthy habits. Then try your best to stop them. For example, habits can be linked in our minds to certain places and activities. You could develop a plan, say, to avoid walking down the hall where there?s a candy machine. Try to avoid going places where you?ve usually smoked. Stay away from friends and situations linked to problem drinking or drug use. Another helpful way is to replace unhealthy habits with new, healthy ones. “It doesn?t work for everyone,” Volkow says. “But certain groups of patients who have a history of taking a drug can do something else like running and it helps them stay away from drugs.” 56. In the first paragragh the writer mainly wants to tell us ______. A. we should stop something bad for us B. most smokers would like to stop smoking C. bad habits are really difficult to give up D. eating right and exercise more can lose weight 57. Scientists studied what happened in our brains as habits form in order to______. A. find answers to solve the problem C. kick their own bad habits A. focus on them on purpose C. do something linked with them 59. What is the main idea of the passage? A. Breaking bad habits. C. Finding reasons for bad habits B Earth Day has come and gone, but it?s a fact of daily life that 1.6 billion people around would have no electricity in their homes. Instead, most of them use wood, coal or even animal waste to
B. find ways to form good habits D. help us see how bad habits form B. go to the places linked with them D. ask your friends for help B. Forming good habits. D. Replacing bad habits with good ones.
58. If you want to kick bad habits you?d better_______.
heat and cook in their homes ,which also gives off greenhouse gases, causing indoor air pollution that kills 1.6million people a year, most of whom are children and women. It?s not expected to improve much, and in Africa it?s becoming worse now. By 2030, when the Earth?s population will be likely to top 8billion, 1.3 billion people will still lack electricity. Of those, 700 million will be in Africa, and 490 million in South Asia. Ghana, in West Africa, most of the northern half of the country lives without lights. As a result, three out of four Ghanans in the north are without electricity to refrigerate with and to cook with, to study with and to start businesses with. Like most others around the world in the same situation, these Ghanans use traditional fuels( wood, coal, animal waste) to meet their cooking needs. What would electricity for everyone around the world cost? The International Energy Agency, which is made up of 28 member countries, figures it would run35 billion dollars a year from 2008 to 2030 to reach that. The United Nations has been busy with the issue, organizing a meeting on April 28 hosted by Secretary-General Ban Kimoon. ? Energy services are very important formeeting basic human needs, reducing poverty, creating and getting together wealth and keeping advances in social development,” He said in an announcement. 60. How many people still lack electricity in the world now? A. 1.6 billion. B. 1.6 million C. 1.3 billion D. 700 million
61. Why do many children and women die of indoor air pollution? A. Because they would rather heat and cook with traditional fuels than with electricity. B. Because of no electricity they have to use traditional fuels for heating and cooking. C. Because wood, coal or animal waste does great harm to their health. D. Because there are too many greenhouse gases from factories. 62. The underlined word “that” probably refer to______. A. electricity for everyone C. traditional fuels 63. What can we learn from the last paragraph? A. The United Nations is trying to solve the problem. B. The basic human needs are reducing poverty. C. Working together is a way to develop. D. The basic needs for humans are energy services. B. 35 billion dollars a year D. 28 member countries
C Pat came over from Ireland to England with his wife one year ago to find work. He got quite a good job with a building company, and as he did not drink or smoke, he saved up quite a lot of money.
His wife?s parents were still in Ireland, and one day she got a telegram saying that her mother was ill, so Pat gave her some money and she went to Ireland to see her mother. After a week, Pat wanted to write a letter to her, but he could not read or write very well, so he went to his priest and asked him to do it for him. Pat told the priest what he wanted to say, and the priest wrote it down. After a few minutes Pat stopped, and the priest said,” Do you want to say more?” “Only ,” ?Please excuse the bad writing and spelling?,” Pat said. 64. Why did Pat come to Ireland? A. To travel there. C. To see his wife. B. To save money. D. To make money
65. Pat?s wife had to go back to Ireland _______. A. to see her father C. to see her mother B. to see his mother D. to see her husband
66. At the end of the letter Pat wanted his wife to excuse_______. A. the priest?s bad writing and spelling B. his own bad writing and spelling C. both the priest?s and his own writing and spelling D. neither the priest?s nor his own writing and spelling 67. Who really made a mistake in the story? A. Pat. B. The priest. C. Pat?s wife. D Have you ever noticed how much the number twelve is used? A ruler that is a foot long has twelve inches. A yardstick(尺码) has three times twelves inches, or thirty-six inches. On a canlender you will see twelve months in each year. A clock face is numbered from one to twelve for the hours. The time span from noon to midnight is twelve hours; from midnight to noon there are twelve more hours. Each day is two times twelve, or twenty-four hours long. We buy eggs by the dozen, which means twelve at once. Sometimes we buy other things by the dozen. The stores sell different things by the dozen. In a store you may have seen a dozen pencils held together by a paper wrapping or a dozen oranges in a sack. Stores also buy things in lots of twelve dozens, or by the gross （罗， 12 打） . One gross consists of twelve dozens, or one hundred and forty-four items. 68. An outside cover is a _______. A. bag B. sack C. number D. wrapping D. None of them.
69. _______ means a space of time. A. Span B. Gross
70. A foot-long ruler has _______ inches. A. six B. twelve C. twenty-four D. thirty-six
第二节 （共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的七个答案中选出五个填入空白处。选项中有两个为多余选项。 There is one thing that everyone wants more than anything else. 71 They think that when they have enough money to buy such things as houses, farms, and cars, they will have the one thing that everyone wants. Other people believe that if they know enough they will find this thing. 72 Still others think that if they have power, they will find this thing. Some people keep telling themselves,” When I am a boss, I will no longer have to search for this thing.” “What?s it that everyone wants more than anything else? What?s it that all of us keep working and struggling for each day? 73 . Happiness is a strange thing. 74 What will make one man happy may not make another man happy. Some men say that happiness comes from helping others; other men say that happiness comes from making life more pleasant for everyone. What do you mean when you say “That makes me happy.” 75 Perhaps you will learn something that will bring you peace of mind, comfort, money or it may be what you search for—happiness. A. It is happiness. B. It does not mean the same to all men. C. They study all their life in search of it. D. Happiness means the same to everyone. E. Some people try to get it by making money. F. G. Read what different people have said about happiness. When one man feels happy, another man will feel sad.
第四部分 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 短文中共有 10 处语言错误，请把它们找出来，并改正过来。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（ ＾）,并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（＼ ）划掉。 修改：在错的词下面划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 第五部分 书面表达（满分 25 分）
假设你是赵华，你打算去英国的伯明翰大学(University of Birmingham)留学。为此，你想寻找 一个寄宿(a host family)家庭。请你根据以下要点，写一篇 100 词左右的租房启事，提交到伯明翰大 学论坛。 姓名： 赵华 中国 租房原因：上大学 住宿时间：3 年，2014 年 8 月 5 日抵达 年龄： 19 岁 国籍：
兴趣和爱好：音乐，阅读，外国文化，擅长体育和交友，会讲英语 要求： 离伯明翰大学不远，单人间，住宿价格不超过 300 英镑每月 联系方式：firstname.lastname@example.org
麻栗坡民族中学 2013-2014 学年秋季学期高二年级期末考试 英语试卷参考答案
一．听力部分 1—5 CACBB 二．单项选择 21—25 CBAAD 完型填空 36—40 DBBAC 三．阅读理解 56—60 CAAAA 四．改错 71. preparing—prepare 72. informations—information 73. included—including 74.which—where/in which 75. Of—for 76. you—them 77. comes—came look—see 79. happily—happy 80. 删去 do 五．书面表达 78. 61—65 BAADC 66—70 BADAB 71—75 EBAGF 41—45 CBDDA 46—50 ABCDA 51—55 CBADB 26—30 CDBCB 31—35 DBBAD 6—10 ABBAB 11—15 BCAAB 16—20 CABCC
I am a 19-year-old student from China. My name is Zhao Hua. I am looking for a host family because I am going to study in the University of Birmingham for three years. I am arriving in Birmingham on August 5,2014. I am fond of music,reading and foreign culture. I am good at sports and making friends. I can speak English fluently. I hope the host family is not far from the University of Birmingham so that it is convenient for me to go to university every day. I would like to live in a single room, for which I can pay 300 pounds a month at most. Here is my address: email@example.com.