Teaching aims & demands:
1. To improve the skill of analyzing the difficult sentences. 2. To learn some language points: (1) not only…but also (2) o
n/ upon doing/n. (3) add to (4) give out (5) put forward (6)risk
1. Not only will he or she feel every step of climbing Mount Qomolangma, but the user will also experience the cold, smells, sights and sounds of the surrounding environment.
观众不仅能感觉到攀登珠穆郎玛峰的每一 步,还能体验到周围环境中的寒冷,气味,景 观和声音。
not only…but also 不但……而且……
(1) not only 放在句首,所在分句用部分倒装 他不但喜欢英语,也喜欢汉语。 He likes not only English but also Chinese. Not only does he like English, but also =______________________________________ Chinese. __________ Not only did you not realize your mistakes, but you also make them again and again. 你不但没认识到自己的错误，而且还一犯再犯。
(2) not only… but also连接并列主语时,谓语动词 的数 “就近原则” are Not only Jimmy but also his parents ______ fond of the game.
(3) not only A but also B = B as well as A
not only… but also… 强调后者 …as well as… 强调前者 他不但聪明，而且刻苦。 He is not only clever, but ( also) hard-working. as well He is hard-working as well as clever. (4) but also中的also可省去 ; but also 也可换成 but…as well
知识拓展 否定词放在句首, 主句用局部倒装,常见的否定词有: never, hardly, seldom, rarely(很少，难得）, little, nowhere, in no way(决不), at no time(决不), not only, in no case(决不),not until等等。
1. Little did he know who the woman was. 2. Never shall I do this again. 3. In no way can they leave freely. 4. Nowhere could they find the lost child. 5. In no way/ At no time/ In no case should you give up studying.
A B D C E
1. —How was the televised debate last night? —Super! Rarely ______ so much media attention. （2007 上海卷） A. a debate attracted B. did a debate attract C. a debate did attract D. attracted a debate
2. Little _______ that we were watching his every move, so he seemed to be going his own way in this business.（2007 安徽卷） A. he realized B. he didn't realize C. didn't he realize D. did he realize
3. I have been living in the United States for twenty years, but seldom _____ so lonely as now. （2007 辽宁卷） A. have I felt B. I had felt C. I have felt D. had I felt
4. Not until all the fish died in the river, ____ how serious the pollution was. (1995NMET) A. did the villagers realize B. the villagers realized C. the villagers did realize D. didn’t the villagers realize
5. Never before ____ in greater need of modern public transport than it is today. （2005 上海） A. has this city been B. this city has been C. was this city D. this city was
2. He or she will enjoy a feeling of happiness and a sense of achievement upon reaching the top.
一到达山顶，他/她就会享受到一种愉悦感和成就 感。 upon/on +n./doing: 一……就……
as soon as sb. do sth. / no sooner…than;/ hardly…when;/ immediately;/directly
一到达巴黎, 著名影星就被他的一大群影迷 认出了。 ____________________, On his arrival in Paris the famous film star was recognized by a large crowd of his fans. =As soon as he arrived,… =Hardly had he arrived when… =No sooner had he arrived than… =Immediately he arrived,… =Directly he arrived,…
3. To add to the virtual world of RealCine, the headsets even have small openings that give out smells to match the environment.
给Realcine锦上添花的是, 耳机上甚至有些小孔， 可以释放出与环境相匹配的气味。
加起来 *Please add all the figures up. _______ *The bad weather added to our difficulties. 增加 ________ *If the tea is too strong, add some water 添加 (to it). _______ …和 *Add 4 and 5 together, and you’ll get 9.计算 _____
add up: 把… 加起来 add A and B:计算…总和
add to: 使增强，使增加，使扩大
add up to:总计为，合计达
①Thousands of new books from abroad have been ________ added to the school library.
②Setting off fireworks can_______ add to the atmosphere of the festival. ③You must have made a mistake when you _______ added the bill _____, up because the bill ___________ added up to more than 1000 yuan.
①send out (vt.) 散发（光、热、气味等） ②hand out (vt. )分发 ~ in 上交 ③be used up (vi.)用光，耗尽 ④be tired out (vi.)精疲力尽 ⑤announce (vt.) 发布，公布
*When my boy made the same mistake again, my patience gave out. 用光,耗尽 *After climbing up the mountain, I gave out. 筋疲力尽 *The flowers in the garden give out a pleasant smell. 散发出 *In order to go to school, the 7-year-old boy made money by giving out leaflets 分发 in the street.
give 常用短语： give away (vt.) (1)赠送； (2) 泄露(秘密), 出卖； give in (vi.) 屈服于 give in to sb./sth. 向某人/某事屈服 give off (vt.) 放出(光、烟、气味等)， 散发 give up 放弃 give up +n./doing
A B D C E
①The news of the mayor’s coming to our school for a visit was _____ on the radio yesterday. A. turned out B. found out C. given out D. carried out
②Don’t mention that at the beginning of the story, or it may ____ the shocking ending. A. give away B. give out C. give up D. give off
③Your opinion is good. Don’t give it_______. A. off B. up C. in D. away
④The food _______ a bad smell. A. gave off B. gave up C. gave in D. gave away
⑤He has ______ my views. A. given in B. given in to C. given out D. given off
4. An argument has been put forward that some viewers will be disappointed by RealCine because VR is not real.
put forward (1) 提出，建议 (2) 拨快 (3) 推荐=recommend
*She has decided to put her name / put herself forward as a candidate.________ 推荐 *The clock has stopped. Please put 拨快 forward the hands of it. _______ *It’s reported that Nanjing has put forward the general plan for city-building. _________ 提出建议
put常用短语： ? put away (vt.)收拾起来, 放好; 储蓄 =put aside ? put down (vt.) 放下; 记下 ? put off (vt.) 推迟 ? put out (vt.) 伸出; 扑灭; 生产 ? put up (vt.) 挂起, 张贴; 举起, 抬起; 建造, 搭起 ? put up with 忍受 ? put on: 穿上，上演 ? put…together:把…组装起来
*You can take anything from the shelf and read, but please _____the book when you’ve finished it. A. put on B. put down C. put back D. put off
*The forest guards often find campfires that have not been _____ completely. A. turned down B. put out C. put away D. turned over
*People often_____ couplets(对联) in the Spring Festival in China. A. put up B. take down C. set off D. start with
*I don't know how his parents ____ his bad behavior. A. put up B. put down C. put up with D. put forward
5. For example, firefighters could use RealCine to train safely, without the risk of getting injured in a burning building.
例如，消防队员可以利用Realcine 安全地进行训 练，而不需要冒着受伤的危险，闯进着火的大楼。
risk. n. without/ with the risk of doing sth
take a risk of doing sth 冒着…的危险
Despite the storm, the fishermen took a risk (of losing their lives) to sail out into the sea.
The Red Army men took the risk of losing their lives to swim across the river.
risk. v. risk sth risk doing sth 他冒着生命危险从火中救出小孩。
He risked ______ he tried to save his _____when life the child out of the fire.
How can I risk _______ hurting his feelings?
I got well prepared for the job interview, for I didn’t want to risk losing the good chance.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
not only… but also upon/ on +n/ doing add to give out put forward risk