I..根据句意及所给首字母或汉语提示写出下列单词 1. He got a job in a foreign company after g _____________(毕业) from university. 2. It is very difficult to p _____________
_(说服) my father to give up smoking. 3. All these goods will be t______________(运输) abroad by ship. 4. I am _________________(有决心) to finish the work ahead of time. 5. She looks down upon those people b____________ ( 在 … 下 面)her. 6. According to the weather f_________(预报)it will rain tomorrow. 7. I like the way you o_______(组织)the information in the report. 8. I worked in a school far away from home and my mother p _________(说服)me to buy a car. 9. Sometimes whether you are a success is determined by the different a________(态度) 10. The plane is now flying at an a_________(海拔)of 30 000 feet. II．短语翻译 1. 下决心 2. 梦想做某事
3. 说服某人做某事______________________ 5. 坚持做 7. 改变主意 9. 喜欢，喜爱 III. 单项选择
6. 像往常一样 8. 坚定的眼神 10.在午夜
1. Sometimes customers can’t help _____ the things they don’t really need. A. persuading to buy C. being persuaded to buy B. to be persuaded into buying D. to persuade into buying
2. I’d prefer ______ in the office rather than _____ at home watching TV. A. working; staying work; to stay 3. The athlete fell off his bike when he _____ down the hill. A. cycled B. was cycling C. had cycled D. is cycling B. working; stay C. to work; stay D.
4. Ever since my brother graduated from the university, he _______ in the present company for 15 years and he is now chief engineer of the company. A. worked B. has been working C. is working D. works
5. We have to ______ a time to discuss the matter again. A. make B. schedule C. have D. create
6. It might be very difficult to find the ____ of the information. A. cause B. resource C. source D. course
7. Go about your business your own way. Don’t _____what others think or say. A. care for B. care about C. care with D. care of
8. You have to keep on learning if you want to keep ______ with the development of modern science and technology. A. peace B. touch C. pace D. connect
9. The determined look in their eyes told us that nothing could make them ______. A. change their mind C. change their minds B. to change their minds D. to change their mind
10. The hunter insisted that he _____ a tiger and that a searching team ______ to hunt for it. A. has seen; be set up C. saw; would be set up B. had seen; be set up D. should see; should be set up
11. ---What have they made up their minds to do during the summer vocation? --They ______ to cycle around the country on their own. A. are determined been decided 12. To their surprise, they found the lecture given by the famous professor easy ______. A. to be understood B. to understand C. understanding D. B. are decided C. have determined D. have
understood 13. He ___________ his being sent abroad. A. insisted B. insisted on C. insists D. insisted that
14. —Only say to me “Stay”, and I’ll _______ the journey. — I ________ to you. A. give up; give up in; give up 15. He wondered whether it would be ______ to knock at the door of her room. A. well B. good manner C. proper D. suit B. give up; give in C. give in; give in D. give
16. What attitude should we take ______ the matter? A. for B. to C. in D. on
17. The book-store _____ open until 8 at night every day. A. stays B. starts C. becomes D. turns
18. I have a better way ______ the maths problem. A. to working out work out 19. What ______it is to have a swim in summer! A. fun B. a fun C. funny D. the fun B. of working out C. working out D.
20. ____ you promise to buy her a gift, you can’t break it in any case. A. Once B. Until C. For D. That
ⅳ.根据课文 Journal down the Mekong 完成下列短文。 Wang Kung and Wang Wei are brothers and sisters. They have dreamed of 1______________ (take) a great bike trip. 2_________ was Wang Kun who first had the idea to cycle along the Mekong River. They 3 ___________(ride) bicycle to travel along the Mekong River, 4____________ source is in Qinghai Province. 5___________ it enters Southeast Asia, it travels slowly through hills and low valleys and the plains where rice grows. Despite the 6________________(difficult), Wang Wei and Wang Kun were 7_______________(determination) to begin their journey at 8_________ altitude of more than 5,000 meters in Qinghai Province. During their journey, they enjoyed the continuous change of the weather. Finally they reached Dali in Yunnan Province, 9____________ Dao Wei and Yu Hang joined them. They can hardly wait__________10(see)them!
I. 1.taking 2.It 3. rode 4.whose 5.As 6.difficulty 7.determined 8. an 9. where 10. to see II ． 1.graduating 2.persuade 6.forecast 7. organized 8.persuaded 9.attitudes 10.altitude III. CCBBB CBCCB CBBBC BABAA ⅳ1. be determined to do sth 2. dream of /about doing sth 3. persuade sb to do sth/persuade sb into doing sth 5.insist on /insist that (should) do sth 6.as usual 7.change one's mind 4.give in 3.transported 4.determined 5.beneath
8.a determined look 9.be fond of 10. at midnight