Unit 1 It allows people to get closer to them.
I am tall and I have a long neck. _________ giraffe
I am the tiger’s cousin. _______ lion
I am long and th
in. ________ snake
I am big and I have a very long nose. elephant _______
I am brown and I live in the forest. _____ bear
? protect v. 保护，保卫 e.g. Parents always protect their child from danger. wild adj. 野生的 n. 野生环境 e.g. Wild animals are dangerous. ? enough adj. 足够的，充分的 e.g. We have enough time to finish the task.
? raise v. 筹集（钱款）；抚养，养育 e.g. Students in my class are raising money to help the children in poor area.
at last think of in danger take away in peace look after
处于危险中 想起，想出 最后，终于 和平地，平静地 夺去，拿走
1. What’s this week’s Animal World about? This week’s Animal World is about 2. snakes. What animals are in danger? Animals such as pandas, lions, elephants and bears are in danger.
1. Is Betty more interested in Wolong Panda Reserve?
Yes, she is. 2. Do many animals have a safe place to live? No, they don’t.
1. Because it allows people to get closer to them. 2. It’s sad to think of the pandas and other animals in danger. 3. We need to protect them better. 4. Many wild animals don’t have a safe place to live. 5. We want to save animals in danger.
6. That means we can give money to help protect the animals. 7. Let’s find out what else we can do to save as many as animals as possible.
1. Did Betty see the pandas at the zoo? Yes, she did. 2. Is Betty interested in the pandas? Yes, she is.
3. What does Lingling think of the pandas and other animals in danger? She feels sad to think of them in danger. 4. Why do many animals not have a safe place to live? Because villagers and farms are growing bigger and are taking away their land and forests.
Why many animals are in danger
1. Many animals don’t have a safe place to live because villages and farms are growing bigger and are taking away their land and forests. 2. Often there isn’t enough clean water.
What we can do to help
1. Raise some money at school. 2. Find out what else we can do to save as many animals as possible.
Discuss and add more information to the table.
allows danger enough in peace protect raise
Many wild animals, such as pandas, are in protect (1) _______. We need to (2) _______ them! danger Often there is not (3) ________ land or forests, enough so the animals do not have a safe place to live. allows The Wolong Panda Reserve (4) ______ people to get closer to the pandas. And the pandas live (5) ________ there. You can help (6) in peace ____ money to protect pandas and other wild raise animals.
1. But I am more interested to see the pandas in the Wolong Panda Reserve... be interested to do sth. 对做……感兴趣 be interested in sth. 对……感兴趣 be more interested in 对……更感兴趣 e.g. The boy is interested in the film.
2. …because it allows people to get closer to them. to get closer to them在句中作宾语补足语， 类似的结构有很多，例如： ask sb. to do sth. 请求某人做某事 need sb. to do sth. 需要某人做某事 want sb. to do sth. 想要某人做某事 allow sb. to do sth. 允许某人去做某事 e.g. His father doesn’t allow him to play before he finishing his homework.
3. It’s sad to think of pandas and other animals in danger. think of 想到，想出 e.g. What do you think of the zoo? in danger 处于险境，处于危险之中 e.g. The girl is very ill and her life is in danger.
4. … have a safe place to live… 表示“有安全的居住地”。 to live放在名词place的后面做定语。 5. …because villages and farms are growing bigger and are taking away their land and forests. take away 表示“夺去，拿走”。代词要 放在中间。 e.g. Please take away your things.
1. It allows people to get closer to them. 2. We want to save animals in danger, and we need your help. 3. We can give money to help protect the animals.
1. It allows people to get closer to them.
2. We want to save animals in danger, and we need your help. 3. We can give money to help protect the animals.
1. Why do you visit the zoo? 2. Do you think animals are happy in the zoo? 3. Where do most animals live? 4. What can we do to help the animals?
— To protect … we should…
— We need to … to protect…
动词不定式的功能 1. 动词不定式做宾语补足语。 动词不定式作宾语补足语，是对宾语的补充 说明。常见的动词有：want, tell, would like, choose, allow, ask, invite, help等。 注意：（1）以上动词后接不定式做宾语补足 语时，若要表达否定意思，要在to do前面加 not，构成not to do的形式。 e.g. Mr. Han told us not to make too much noise.
（2）有些动词后接不定式做宾语补足语时， 可以接不带to的不定式，常见的这类动词有： help, make, let, have, hear, feel, see等。 e.g. His words made everyone laugh. 2. 动词不定式作目的状语。 如果表示“做某事是为了什么”，可以用动 词不定式表示目的，作目的状语。 e.g. Dylan trained hard to improve his basketball skills.
? 重点短语 in danger at last be interested in think of take away in peace in order to look after ? 动词不定式的功能
1. He is _____ in Harry Potter, and wants to B buy a book. A. interest B. interested C. interesting 2. Mr. Li didn’t allow his students _____ A at school. A. to go out B. go out C. to go in
3. Let’s raise money for the animals ______. A A. in danger B. in safety C. on earth 4. The villagers are _____ the forests for C bears to live. A. taking out B. taking off C. taking away