1. It is usually warm in my hometown in March, but it ____ be rather cold sometimes. A. must B. can C. should D. would 2. You ______ be hungry already ---- you had lunch only two
hours ago! A. wouldn’t B. can’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t 3. ---- What do you think we can do for our aged parents? ---- You ____ do anything except to be with them and be yourself. A. don’t have to B. oughtn’t to C. mustn’t D. can’t 4. John promised his doctor he ______ not smoke. And he has never smoked ever since. A. might B. should C. could D. would 5. What a pity! Considering his ability and experience, he ______ better. A. need have done B. must have done C. can have done D. might have done 6. Liza ______ well not want to go on the trip ---- she hates traveling. A. will B. can C. must D. may 7. She ______ have left school, for her bike is still here. A. can’t B. wouldn’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t 8. According to the air traffic rules, you _____ switch off your mobile phone before boarding. A. may B. can C. would D. should 9. ---- I can’t find my purse anywhere. ---- You ______ have lost it while shopping. A. may B. can C. should D. would 10. ---- I’m sorry. I _______ at you the other day. ---- Forget it. I was a bit out of control myself. A. shouldn’t shout B. shouldn’t have shouted C. mustn’t shout D. mustn’t have shouted 11. ---- What sort of house do you want to have? Something big? ---- Well, it _______ be big ---- that’s not important. A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. won’t 12. ---- What does the sign over there read? ---- “No person _______ smoke or carry a lighted cigarette, cigar or pipe in this area.” A. will B. may C. shall D. must 13. Some aspects of a pilot’s job ______ be bring; and pilots often _______ work at inconvenient. A. can; have to B. may; can C. have to; may D. ought to; must 14. My MP4 player isn’t in my bag. Where _______ I have put it? A. can B. must C. should D. would 15. The weather turned out to be fine yesterday, I _____ the trouble to carry my umbrella with me. A. should have taken B. could have taken C. needn’t have taken D. mustn’t have taken ANSWERS：1—5 BBADD 6—10 DADAB 11—15 BCAAC 16. In crowded places like airports and railway stations, you ______ take care of your luggage. A. can B. may C. must D. will 17. ---- She looks very happy. She ______ have passed the exam. ---- I guess so. It’s not difficult after all. A. should B. could C. must D. might
18. I told your friend how to get to the hotel, but perhaps I _______ have driven her there. A. could B. must C. might D. should 19. ---- Mr. Gordon asked me to remind you of the meeting this afternoon. Don’t forget it! ----OK, I _______. A. won’t B. don’t C. can’t D. needn’t 20. ---- How is your tour around the North Lake? Is it beautiful? ---- It _______ be, but it is now heavily polluted. A. will B. would C. should D. must 21. The biggest problem for most plants, which ______ just get up and run away when threatened, is that animals like to eat them. A. shan’t B. can’t C. needn’t D. mustn’t 22. ---- Where is my dictionary? I remember I put it here yesterday. ---- You _______ it in the wrong place. A. must put B. should have put C. might put D. might have put 23. ---- What’s the name? ---- Khulaifi. ______ I spell that for you? A. Shall B. Would C. Can D. Might 24. ---- Who is the girl standing over there ? ---- Well, if you ______ know, her name is Mabel. A. may B. can C. must D. shall 25. I was really anxious about you. You _______ home without a word. A. mustn’t have left B. shouldn’t have left C. couldn’t have left D. needn’t have left 26. My sister met him at the Grand Theatre yesterday afternoon, so he ______ have attended your lecture. A. couldn’t B. needn’t C. mustn’t D. shouldn’t 27. ---- Are you coming to Jeff ’s party? ---- I’m not sur. I _______ go to the concert instead. A. must B. would C. should D. might 28. Johnny, you ________ play with the knife. You ________ hurt yourself. A. won’t; can’t B. mustn’t; may C. shouldn’t; must D. can’t; shouldn’t 29. You _______ pay too much attention to your reading skill, as it is so important. A. shouldn’t B. cannot C. mustn’t D. needn’t 30. ---- Is John coming by train? ---- He should, but he ______ not. He likes driving his car. A. must B. may C. can D. need ANSWERS: 16—20 CCDAC 21—25 BDACB 26—30 ADBBB 31. ---- Will you stay for lunch? ---- Sorry, I _______. My brother is coming to see me. A. mustn’t B. can’t C. needn’t D. won’t 32. Sir, you _______ be sitting in this waiting room. It is for women and children only. A. oughtn’t to B. can’t C. won’t D. needn’t 33. It is raining very hard. We _________ stay here until the rain stops. A. dare B. must C. have to D. are able to
34. It’s a fine day. Let’s go fishing, ________ ? A. won’t we B. will you C. don’t you D. shall we 35. When he was there, he ______ go to that coffee shop at the corner after work every day. A. would B. should C. might D. had better 36. My brother _____ come to your party tonight because he _____ prepare for tomorrow’s exam. A. can’t; should B. mustn’t; can C. can’t; must D. mustn’t; had to 37. English is a language that many people around the world _____ not speak perfectly but _____ at least understand. A. would; might B. will; must C. might; could D. can; may 38. ---- ________ I book a table for dinner a few days ahead of time? ---- Yes, you ________. The restaurant is always full, especially during the holidays. A. Must; will B. Must; can C. Shall; shall D. Shall; must 39. ---- It _______ be Mary in the office. ---- I’m sure it _______ be her. I saw her off at the bus station just ten minutes ago. A. must; shouldn’t B. should; can’t C. must; can’t D. can; mustn’t 40. Their answers are exactly the same ---- one of them ______ from the other. A. must copy B. must have copied C. should copy D. should have copied 41. ---- _________ I tell John about it? ---- No, you needn’t. I have told him already. A. Shall B. Will C. Can D. May 42. ________ you please help me with my English? A. Would B. Do C. Shall D. Can 43. ---- Must I start at once? ---- No, you ___________. A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. can’t D. won’t 44. ---- Need I hand in my exercise book at once? ---- Yes, you __________ A. must B. need C. can D. will 45. ---- Could I borrow your dictionary? ---- Yes, of course you _______. A. might B. will C. can D. should ANSWERS: 31—35 BACDA 36—40 CCDCB 41—45 AAAAC 46. ---- Listen! Someone is knocking at the door. I ________ be Father. ---- It _______ be him; he is supposed to be back home tomorrow. A. may; may B. must; can’t C. can; can’t D. could; must 47. Twenty minutes have passed; the bus _______ come at any moment. A. shall B. should C. can D. must 48. She ________ have flown to Beijing last night, for I stayed with her all the time. A. mustn’t B. may not C. shouldn’t D. can’t 49. You ______ the work better, but you didn’t try your best. A. must have done B. will have done C. could have done D. can have done 50. The light is on. We _______ have forgotten to turn it off before we went out. A. should B. must C. could D. might
51．May I stop my car here? No, you_＿＿＿. A. can't B. mustn't C. needn't D. don't have to 52 Must we clean the house now? No, you _______. A. needn't B. may not C. mustn't D. can't 53. John ________ his father about his failure in the exam. A. dares not tell B. dares not telling C. dare not tell D. dares not to tell 54. You________ return the book now. You can keep it next week if you like. A. can't B. mustn't C. needn't D. may not 55. Johnny, you _______ play with the knife, you hurt yourself. A. won't; can't B. mustn't; may C. shouldn't, must D. can't; shouldn't 56. The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone ________ get out. A. had to B. would C. could D. was able to 57. ---- Would you go out for a walk with me? ---- No, I______ . My girl friend is coming. A. wouldn't B. shall not C. won't D. shouldn't 58. Man _______ die without water. A. will B. can C. need D. shall 59. If he started at 9 0'clock, he _______ be there by now. A. need B. shall C. ought to D. must 60. I mailed the letter two weeks ago. She _____ it. A. must receive B. can't receive C. might receive D. must have received ANSWERS: 46—50 BBDCB 51----55 BACCB 56----60 DCADD 61.The professor gave orders that the experiment _______ before 5:30p.m. A. be finished B. will finish C. must be finished D. would be finished 62. There was plenty of time. You _____. A. mustn't hurry B. mustn't have hurried C. needn't hurry D. needn't have hurried 63. Tom was a diligent boy. He ________ go to school though it was raining hard. A .was able to B. could C. couldn't D. wasn't able to 64. ______I go back before lunch? No, I don't think you________. A. Need; must B. Do; need to C. Must; have to D. May; ought to 65. The teacher __________ do all the exercises, but a pupil _______. A. needn't; must B. may not; must C. needn't; needn't D. can't; must 66. ---- Would you open the window please ? ---- Yes, I______. A. will B. would C. do D. can 67. A lion _______ only attacks a human being when it is hungry. A. should B. can C. will D. shall 68. ---- Must I finish this novel this morning ? ---- No, you_____. A. mustn't B. might not C. don't have to D. can't
69. The taxi ____ only hold six passengers. It is full. You _______ take the next one. A. may...may B. can...may C. may...can D. must...can 70. I _______ a little earlier, but I met a friend of mine on the way. A. may come B. may have come C. could have come D. must have come 71. I wish to go home now, _______ I? A. may B. can't C. must D. do 72. He must have finished his homework, __________ he? A. mustn't B. didn't C. needn't D. hasn't 73. This pen looks like mine, yet it isn't. Whose _________ it be? A. must B. can C. may D. might 74. He didn't do well in the exam. He ________ hard at his lessons. A. must have worked B. ought to have worked C. would have worked D. has worked 75. I wonder how he __________ that to the teacher. A. dare to say B. dare saying C. not dare say D. dared say ANSWERS: 61----65 ADACA 66----70 ACCBC 71----75 ADBBD
76. Mr. Baker, a number of students want to see you. _____ they wait here or outside? A. Should B. Will C. Shall D. Are 77. You __________ the trees. Look, it is raining now. A. mustn't have watered B. needn't have watered C. could have watered D. might have watered 78. I ________ give you an answer tomorrow. I promise! A. must B. will C. may D. shall 79. As a soldier, you ________ do as the head tells you. A. will B. shall C. may D. ought to 80. The streets are all dry. It _____ during the night. A. can't have rained B. must have rained C. couldn't rain D. shouldn't have rained 81.Mary was not in her bedroom yesterday afternoon. She ____ in her classroom. A. should have been B. must have been C. must be D. should be 82. Eve was late for class again. She ____earlier. A. should get up B. must get up C. need to get up D. should have got up 83. Walking alone in the deserted village, John was scared. He thought he ______ Tom to go with him. A. might have asked B. should asked C. must have asked D. should have asked 84. When I got to the cinema, the film had already started; I____ there earlier. A. ought to get B. ought to have got C. must have got D. must get 85. She can speak quite fluent English. She____. A. must been in the U.S.A. for some time B. must have been in the U.S.A. for some time C. should have been in the U.S.A. for some time D. May be in the U.S.A. for some time 86. Mary ____my letter, otherwise she would have replied before now.
A. should have received B. has received C. Couldn't have received D. ought to have received 87. When we got to the cinema, the film hasn't started yet, so we ____. A. needn't hurry B. didn't need hurry C. needn't to hurry D. needn't have hurried 88 .It was really very dangerous; you ____ him seriously. A. might have injured B. could injure C. should have injured D. must injure 89. I can't find the recorder in the room. It ____ by somebody. A. may have been taken away B. may leave C. may take away D. must have taken away 90. He ____the 9:20 train because he didn't leave home till 9:25. A. can reach B. could catch C. may not catch D. couldn't have caught ANSWERS: 76----80 CBBBA 81----85 BDDBB 86----90 CDA AD 91. ---- Isn’t that Ann’s husband over there? ---- No, it ______ be him I’m sure he doesn’t wear glasses. A. mustn’t B. won’t C. may not D. can’t 92. ---- There’s somebody at the door. Who ______ it be? Is it the postman? ---- No, it ______ be him. It’s just seven o’clock. It’s too early. A. can; can’t B. will; won’t C. may; mustn’t D. must; may not 93. She stood by the door, ________ a word. A. not daring say B. daring not say C. daring not to say D. not to dare say 94. The big fire last night ______ the whole building. But the heavy rain helped it. A. might be burning down B. could have burned down C. should have been burning D. must have been burning 95. Children under 12 years of age in that country ________ be under adult supervision when in a public library. A. must B. may C. can D. need 96. My English-Chinese dictionary has disappeared. Who ______ have taken it? A. should B. must C. would D. could 97. ---- ______ we go to the park this Sunday” ---- Good idea! A. Will B. Can C. Must D. Shall 98. ---- He daren’t climb the tree, dare he? ---- ____________ A. Yes, he dare B. No, he dare C. Yes, he daren’t D. Yes, he dares 99. Even the top students in our class can’t work out this problem, so it ______ be very difficult. A. may B. must C. can D. need 100. ---- I feel a bit worried. ---- No, you ________. Nothing serious. A. haven’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. may not 101. A computer ______ think for itself, it must be told what to do. A. can’t B. couldn’t C. may not D. might not 102. ---- Could I borrow your dictionary?
---- Yes, of course you ________. A. might B. will C. can D. should 103. Peter ________ come with us tonight, but he isn’t very sure yet. A. must B. may C. can D. will 104. I told Sally how to get here, but perhaps I ______ for her. A. had to write it out B. must have written it out C. should have written it out D. ought to write it out 105. ---- Shall I tell John about it? ---- No, you ______. I’ve told him already. A. needn’t B. wouldn’t C. mustn’t D. shouldn’t ANSWERS: 91----95 DAABD 96----100 DDABB 101----105 ACBCA 106. ---- There were already five people in the car but they managed to take me as well. ---- It ______ a comfortable journey. A. can’t be B. shouldn’t be C. mustn’t have been D. couldn’t have been 107. It’s nearly seven o’clock. Jack ______ be here at any moment. A. must B. need C. should D. would 108. Johnny, you ______ play with the knife, you ______ hurt yourself. A. won’t; can’t B. mustn’t; may C. shouldn’t; must D. can’t; should 109. The fire spread through the hotel very quickly but everyone ______ get out. A. had to B. would C. was able to D. could 110. ---- When can I come for the photos? I need them tomorrow afternoon. ---- They ______ be ready by 12:00. A. must B. should C. might D. need 111. ---- I stayed at a hotel while in New York. ---- Oh, did you? You ______ with Barbara. A. could have stayed B. could stay C. would stay D. must have stayed 112. ---- Will you stay for lunch? ---- Sorry, ______ . My brother is coming to see me. A. I mustn’t B. I can’t C. I needn’t D. I won’t 113. ---- Are you coming to Jeff ’s party? ---- I’m not sure. I ______ go to the concert instead. A. must B. would C. should D. might 114. ---- Write to me when you get home. ---- ______________ A. I must B. I should C. I will D. I can 115. I was really anxious about you. You ______ home without a word. A. mustn’t leave B. shouldn’t have left C. couldn’t have left D. needn’t leave 116. ---- Is John coming by train? ---- He should, but he ______ not. He likes driving his car. A. must B. can C. need D. may 117. A left-luggage office is a place where bags _________ be left for a short time, especially at a railway station. A. should B. can C. need D. may
118. You ______ return the book now. You can keep it till next week if you like. A. can’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. may not 119. You ______ to the meeting this afternoon if you have something important to do. A. needn’t to come B. don’t need come C. don’t need coming D. needn’t come 120. When he was there, he ______ go the that coffee shop at the corner after work every day. A. would B. should C. had better D. might ANSWERS: 106----110 DCBCB 111----115 ABDCB 116----120 DBCDA
1. I often see lights in that empty house. Do you think I ______ report it to the police ？ A. should B. may C. will D. can 2. ---- The room is so dirty. ______we clean it ? ---- OK. A. Will B. Shall C. Would D. Can 3. ---- Dare your little daughter stay at home alone at night ? ---- _________ A. Yes, she does B. No, she dare not C. No, she doesn’t D. Yes, she dares to 4. It is suggested that a doctor _______ immediately. A. be sent for B. send for C. is send for D. should send for 5. When he was there, he ______ go to that coffee shop at the corner after work every day. A. would B. should C. had better D. might 6. There is no light on; they ______ be at home. A. can’t B. mustn’t C. needn’t D. shouldn’t 7. ---- Mr. Smith, ______ he have all these papers typed for you right away ? ---- He ______. They should be ready by 10 o’clock this morning. A. will; must B. shall; has to C. need; will D. would; ought to 8. Research findings show we spend about two hours dreaming every night, no matter what we ______ during the day. A. may have done B. can have done C. must have done D. should have done 9. ---- Don’t press the button, John. ---- What if I _______ A. did B. would C. will D. shall 10. Their basketball team has lots of excellent players, so if there is no unexpected thing to happen, their team ______ win the championship. A. would B. may C. should D. need 11. Jenny ______ her word. I wonder why she changed her mind. A. must have kept B. can have kept C. should have kept D. would have kept 12. My mother stared at me as if she ________ me before. A. didn’t see B. hasn’t seen C. hadn’t seen D. doesn’t see 13. Peter ______ come with us tonight, but he isn’t sure. A. must B. may C. can D. will 14. ---- Could I use your computer while you are out?
---- Of course you _______ A. could B. should C. must D. can 15. I’ve changed to take the job and I ________ change my mind. A. mustn’t B. can’t C. won’t D. may not ANSWERS: 1----15 ABBAA ABAAC CCBDC 16. ---- Is John coming by bus ? ---- He should, but he ______ not. He likes riding his bike. A. must B. can C. need D. may 17. ---- I heard they went skating in the mountains last winter. ---- It ______ be true because there was little snow there. A. may not B. won’t C. couldn’t D. mustn’t 18. I was really anxious about you. You ______ home without a word. A. mustn’t leave B. shouldn’t have left C. couldn’t have left D. needn’t leave 19. ---- Mary, how did your Math test go ? ---- I had thought I ______, but in fact I came in the top 10 in my class. A. should have failed B. could have failed C. might have failed D. need have failed 20. I wonder how he ______ that to the teacher. A. dare to say B. dare saying C. not dare say D. dared say 21. It’s high time that he settled down in the city and ______ a new life. A. start B. started C. to start D. starting 22. How I wish I ______ to learn Japanese when I was ten. A. would begin B. began C. should begin D. had begun 23. ---- ______ he have been chosen as captain of our school football team? ---- Yes, he ______. Can’t you see he’s wearing an armband ? A. Can; can’t B. Must; must have C. Can; must have D. Must; must 24. ---- Isn’t that Ann’s mother over there? ---- No, it ______ be her. I’m sure she is taller. A. can’t B. must not C. won’t D. may not 25. ---- No wonder you caught a cold. You ______ out last night without a coat. ---- I know how silly I was. A. shouldn’t have gone B. mustn’t have gone C. couldn’t have gone D. mightn’t have gone 26. But for your timely help, the boy ______ his life. A. must have lost B. may lose C. might have lost D. should lose 27. What would you say if I ______ you the truth ? A. am going to tell B. were to tell C. have told D. would tell 28. ---- You really shouldn’t have shouted to them. ---- Right. I ______ crazy then. A. must be B. must have been C. would have been D. should have been 29. If I ______ you, I ______ a plane instead of a bus. It’s too far. A. were; would have taken B. had been; would have taken C. were; would take D. had been; would take 30. ---- Were you shown around Venice in a boat with those American tourists?
---- No, but I wish I ______ A. am B. were C. had D. should ANSWERS: 16----30 DCBCD BDCAA CBBCC 31. ---- Mum, it’s none of my business. Why ______ I care? ---- Just because she is your sister. A. can B. should C. will D. may 32. Oh, I’m feeling bad in the stomach. I ______ so much fried chicken just now. A. shouldn’t eat B. mustn’t have eaten C. shouldn’t have eaten D. mustn’t eat 33. It has been announced that candidates _________ remain in their seats until all the papers have been collected. A. can B. will C. may D. should 34. He has always insisted that he ______ Dr Turner instead of Mr. Turner. A. will be called B. call C. have been called D. should be called 35. He made a suggestion that the English test ______ until next Wednesday. A. will be put off B. be put off C. will put off D. put off 36. I would rather you ______ to see me tomorrow. A. come B. will come C. came D. had come 37. But for the Party, we ______ today’s happy life. A. will never have B. didn’t have C. would never have D. don’t have 38. The requirement is that every student ______ one or two books. A. donate B. donates C. donated D. will donate 39. In fact, you ______ have shown me to the station. I’m not a new comer. A. couldn’t B. shouldn’t C. needn’t D. mustn’t 40. ---- Guess what? I drove my new car at a speed of 150 km this afternoon. It was fun. ---- Were you crazy? You ______ yourself. A. can kill B. might kill C. would have killed D. could have killed 41. The teacher ordered that these exercises ______ in three days’ time. A. be finished B. finish C. be finishing D. finished 42. ______ the weather ______ fine! We have to put off our picnic again. A. On condition that; is B. When; could be C. If only; were D. As long as; is 43. ---- Are you coming to Jeffy’s party? ---- I’m not sure. I ______ go the concert instead. A. must B. would C. should D. might 44. My sister eats too much every day, or she ______ thinner. A. will be B. is C. would be D. had been 45. The spring here sometimes ______ be very cold. A. must B. should C. can D. will ANSWERS: 31----45 BCDDB CCACD ACDCC 46. ---- It’s so late. My son ______ be back! ---- Don’t worry. I dare say he ______ have some extra work to do. A. can; must B. will; might C. must; may D. should; must 47. ---- Liu Xiang has successfully undergone the surgery in a US hospital.
---- But for his foot injury, he ______ another gold medal in the Beijing Olympic Games. A. must have won B. would have won C. would win D. had won 48. You might as well tell the manager that male customers ________ not like the design of the furniture. A. must B. shall C. may D. need 49. He ______ full marks, but he was so careless as to make a spelling mistake. A. must have gained B. can have gained C. could have gained D. must gain 50. It ______ sound like a perfect destination, but it is really adventurous to go there. A. should B. must C. shall D. may 51. ---- Can I pay the bill by check? ---- Sorry, sir. But it is the management rule of our hotel that payment ______ be made in cash. A. shall B. need C. will D. can 52. We ______ last night, but we went to appreciate the flowerbeds and streetlights in Tiananmen Square instead. A. might study B. could study C. should have studied D. must have studied 53. According to the air traffic rules, you ______ switch off your mobile phone before boarding. A. may B. can C. would D. should 54. The weather turned out to be fine yesterday. I _____ the trouble to carry my umbrella with me. A. should have taken B. could have taken C. needn’t have taken D. must have taken 55. It is usually warm in my hometown in March, but it ______ be rather cold sometimes. A. must B. can C. should D. would 56. ---- Dad, my birthday is coming. ---- Oh, you ______ have a new MP4 for your birthday, Kathy. A. ought to B. can C. shall D. must 57. ---- How could I thank you enough? ---- Don’t mention it. Any other man ______ that. A. must do B. could do C. would have done D. should have done 58. ---- How I wish I had studied harder when I was in senior school! ---- If you had, you ______ a university student now. A. are B. would be C. should be D. were 59. ---- Did you go to the party last night? ---- Yes, and I’d rather not ______. It was so ______. A. go; tired B. have gone; tire C. have gone; tiring D. go; tiring; 60. If you ______ the medicine, you would feel better now. A. took B. had taken C. would take D. were to take ANSWERS: 46----60 DBCCD ACDCB CCBCB 61. ---- Could you possibly get me a copy of Longman Dictionary? ---- There ______ be no problem. A. could B. would C. might D. should 62. It ______ heavily when he got back home, for he was wet all over. A. was raining B. must have been raining C. must be raining D. rained 63. I heard you had a traffic accident yesterday. With a little care you ______ this traffic accident. A. could avoid B. would avoid C. could have avoided D. must have avoided
64. Can you imagine that a diligent and bright boy ______ fail to pass the exam. A. might B. should C. need D. would 65. Mary was badly ill; otherwise, she ______our celebration yesterday. A. would have attended B. must have taken part in C. could join in D. would attend 66. The manager considers it urgent that these files ______ right away. A. had to be printed B. should have been printed C. must be printed D. should be printed 67. Alice ______ a good salary in a job but she stayed at home for the sake of her family. A. must make B. should have made C. would make D. could have made 68. A he had heart attack, he was told that he ______ continue the work. A. needn’t B. may not C. mustn’t D. can’t 69. ---- Has Jack handed in his English composition? ---- Yes, but the teacher said that he ______ yesterday morning. A. might get it done B. should hand it in C. ought to get it done D. should have handed it in 70. ---- James didn’t turn up last night, did he? ---- No, he ______. We hadn’t changed our plan. A. shouldn’t have come B. needn’t have come C. didn’t need to come D. needn’t to come 71. Cars play an important role in the modern life, but they ______ also cause many problems like air pollution. A. should B. can C. must D. will 72. ---- Did you hand in your homework this morning? ---- No, I ______, but I forgot. A. ought to B. ought to have C. should D. must have 73. ---- But for your timely warning, I ______ into great trouble. ---- Well, you know we’re friends. A. would get B. must have got C. should D. can have got 74. Tom’s boss told Tom that if he worked hard, he ______ have a rise. A. may B. ought to C. can D. shall 75. The manager ordered that all the work ______ in two days’ time. A. be finished B. finish C. be finish D. finished ANSWERS: 61----75 DBCBA DDCDC BBCDA