山东省淄博第七中学 2016 届高三英语上学期第一次月考试题
本试卷分第 I 卷（选择题）和第Ⅱ卷（非选择题） 。考试时间 120 分钟，试卷总分 150 分。 第I卷 第一部分: 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。录音内容结束后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案 转涂到答题卡上。 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分）
听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和 阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 例：How much is the shirt? A.￡19.15. 答案是 B。 1. How does the man advise the woman to get to the hotel? A. By taxi. B. By bus. C. By underground. B.￡9.15. C.￡9.18.
2. How much does one ticket cost? A. $4.3. B. $5.0. C. $0.7.
3. What is the woman unsatisfied with? A. The special effects. 4. Where are the speakers? A. At a hotel. B. At a store. C. At a clinic. B. The plot. C. The acting.
5. What does the woman plan to do? A. Draw some pictures. C. Make an advertisement. 第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What does the woman ask the man to do? A. Fix her computer. B. Buy her a printer. C. Have lunch together. B. Buy something on sale.
7. When does the conversation probably take place? A. In the evening. B. In the afternoon. C. In the morning.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What will the man do on his birthday?
A. Go to see a film.
B. Work on his term's work.
C. Go out for a meal.
9. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. Brother and sister. B. Teacher and student. C. Classmates.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What's the good news? A. A yoga class started. B. A new gym opened. C. A new cafe opened.
11. When will the speakers go to the gym? A. On Friday. B. On Sunday. C. On Saturday.
12. What do the speakers decide to do first? A. Go to the gym. B. Meet for lunch. C. Make an exercise plan.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What are the speakers discussing? A. Their close friends. C. The preparation for a test. 14. Why is the man watching TV? A. He is taking a break from studying. B. He has already finished studying. B. A television programme
C. He wants to get information for a paper. 15. Who did the best in the last test? A. Kevin. B. Elizabeth. C. The woman speaker.
16. Why does the man stop the woman calling Elizabeth? A. He doesn't think she is helpful. C. He doesn't want to trouble her. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. What did Sally do for her penfriend ? A. She taught her how to write. C. She helped her to keep a diary. 18. Why did Sally's dad ask her not to send her book to a publisher? A. There were too many books of this kind. B. Their response might let her down. C. He thought the book too simple. 19. How did Sally contact the publisher? A. She sent an email. B. She made a call. C. She paid a visit. B. She offered her some advice. B. He prefers to study on his own.
20. How did Sally's mum feel after answering the company's phone? A. Fairly anxious. B. Extremely surprised. C. Very excited.
第二部分: 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 （共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分）
阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项，并在答题 卡上将该项涂黑。 A One morning there was a message on the answering machine from an angry customer, complaining about her lack of service－service that had been stopped because her check had bounced(拒付). As it is my job to handle payments received, it was my duty to collect the check. As is often the case when a check bounces, I soon found that this woman's phone number was no longer in service. A check of the caller I.D. told us the call had come from the manager's office of the apartment building where our customer lived. We left a message with the manager and within the hour our call was returned. I told our customer gently, sympathetically that a check she had written had been returned for lack of funds. I told her I always want to let people know about returned checks quickly because the huge fees the banks charge can cause more checks to be returned and more fees to be charged. I told her I hoped she could contact the bank and get things straightened out before her problems got worse. I also told her, gently once more, that I hated to add to her problems but she would owe us a fee for the returned check because the bank charges us a fee when a check is returned. She told me she had difficulties because of being on a fixed income and being in poor health. She told me she had no children but had raised several that belonged to her husband and after living with him thirty years he had left her for another woman. Finally, after she had promised to pay, I told her not only do I care about her situation, but she taught me something. When a person is angry, there may be reasons you don't know about. If you don't react with anger, you may learn what the real problem is and may in some way be able to help, if only with a little sympathy. 21. Why did the author try to call the woman? A. To apologize to her. C. To charge for the fees. B. To solve her problem. D. To provide better service.
22. How did the author get in touch with the woman? A. By calling her manager. C. By finding her apartment. B. By leaving a message. D. By contacting the bank.
23. What can we learn from the passage? A. The woman had to pay the check as well as a fee for the returned check. B. The woman's husband passed away and left several children for her. C. The author will help the woman overcome her difficulties by paying for her.
D. The check written by the woman had been returned because of the wrong number. 24. What is the purpose of this text? A. To solve a problem. C. To conclude a lesson. B. To present a research result. D. To tell an interesting story. B Q: I currently entered college in New York. Since English is not my first language, I sometimes ask a friend to read my essays to help fix the grammar and language. I believe I'm being graded mainly on my ideas, and my friend helps me get my ideas across better in English. Is this OK? -Mariana A: It's good that you want to succeed in your written work at college. Making use of available resources to help you succeed is a smart strategy (策略). But while you may believe that your instructors don't care as much about how you write as they do about your ideas, that' s not a fair assumption. Certainly, your ideas are important. No matter how polished your writing is, it will not disguise a poorly expressed idea in a paper. But as a college student, being able to organize your thoughts clearly—whether you're speaking in class or writing a paper—is critical to show that you've mastered the material in each course. This does not mean you shouldn't ask others to review your written work before handing it in. That's OK. You should not, however, allow a friend or anyone else to rewrite parts of your papers for you. Instead, ask them to simply let you know about any parts of the paper that are unclear and need work. Many colleges have writing centers where tutors will work with you on your writing—without doing the work for you. Regardless of whether you consult with a friend or a tutor, the right thing is for you to talk to your instructors to ask their advice and let them know you plan to seek assistance with your writing. If you ask them in advance for guidance on what's appropriate and what's not for the written work they assign, that will allow you to be as transparent as possible about how you completed your assignments. -Professor Byron 25. What problem does Mariana meet? A. She has trouble learning English grammar. B. She doesn't get on well with her classmates. C. She wonders if her method on writing is suitable. D. She isn't able to express herself in English. 26. According to Pro. Byron, what's the most important in writing a paper?
A. Professional advice. C. Familiar materials.
B. Polishing carefully. D. Organizing thoughts.
27. When asking someone for help on your paper, you should ask him ______. A. to tell you the part to be improved C. to make a writing plan for you B. to write the difficult part for you D. to hand in the paper after reading it
28. What does the underlined word refer to in the text? A. Courses. B. Essays. C Can eating a chocolate bar every day really prevent age-related memory loss? No. But a new research shows that large amounts of flavones, substances found in cocoa, tea and some kinds of vegetables, may improve age-related memory failure. Dr. Scott Small is a professor of neurology (神经病学) at Columbia University in new York City. He is the lead writer of a research paper describing the effects of cocoa flavones on brain activity. His study involved 37 volunteers aged between 50 and 69. Researchers gave them a high-level flavones drink made from cocoa beans or a low-level flavones drink. For a period of three months, some subjects got 900 milligrams of flavones a day. The others got 10 milligrams of flavones each day. Brain imaging and memory tests were given to each study subject before and after the study. Dr. Small says that the subjects who had the high-level flavones drink showed much improvement on memory tests. The researchers warn that more work is needed to be done because this study was performed only on a small group. Dr. Joann Manson is the lead researcher of a four-year study involving 18,000 adults. This study will use flavones capsules(胶 囊). The study subjects will be divided into two groups and will take two pills per day. The capsules used will all look the same. But one group's capsules will contain flavones, while the other group will take capsules made of an inactive substance, or placebo Dr. Manson says it's not necessary for people to start eating more chocolate, because 3 persons would have to eat a huge amount of chocolate to get the same level of flavones given to the rest subjects. He adds many manufacturers have planned to remove the flavones from their chocolate products. Similarly, Dr. Manson says a cocoa-based flavones extract（提取）may be developed in the future. But he says that more studies are needed to see how much flavones is good for our health. 29. What was done to the subjects after Dr. Small's study? A. They were asked to take a high-level flavones drink. B. They were given capsules containing flavones. C. Ideas. D. Resources.
C. They were asked to take two pills of flavones capsules per day. D. They were given brain imaging and memory tests. 30. What's the similarity of the two experiments? A. Both use high-level flavones capsules. B. The subjects are divided into two groups in both experiments. C. Drinks and placebos are used in both experiments. D. The number of the subjects is the same. 31. Why will Dr. Manson carry out the four-year study? A. To prove the first experiment is wrong. B. To test how much flavones can improve our memory. C. To carry out the experiment further. D. To show eating chocolate is better to improve memory. 32. What can we learn from the last paragraph? A. In the future we can get flavones without eating chocolate. B. The more we eat flavones, the better our health will be. C. It's not necessary for us to eat chocolate. D. It's easy for people to get the same level of flavones given to the test subjects. D Two of the hardest things to accomplish in this world are to acquire wealth by honest effort and, having gained it, to learn how to use it properly. Recently I walked into the locker room of a rather well known golf club after finishing a round. It was in the late afternoon and most of the members had left for their homes. But a half-dozen or so men past middle age were still seated at tables talking aimlessly and drinking more than was good for them. These same men can be found there day after day, and, strangely enough, each one of these men had been a man of affairs and wealth, successful in business and respected in the community. If material prosperity were the chief necessity for happiness, then each one should have been happy. Yet, it seemed to me, something very important was missing, else（否则） there would not have been the constant effort to escape the realities of life through scotch and soda. They knew, each one of them, that their productivity had ceased(停止). When a fruit tree ceases to bear its fruit, it is dying. And it is even so with man. What is the answer to a long and happy existence in this world of ours? I think I found it long ago in a passage from the book of Genesis which caught my eye while I was looking through my Bible. The words were few, but they became memorably impres sed on my mind. " In the sweat of the face shall you eat the bread. " To me, that has been a challenge from my earliest recollections ( memories).
In fact, the battle of life, of existence, is a challenge to everyone. The immortal words of St. Paul, too, have been and always will be a great inspiration to me. At the end of the road I want to be able to feel that I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith. 33. The underlined sentence "In the sweat of the face shall you eat the bread " means “ ”.
A. Bread tastes delicious when sweat pours off your face B. Bread comes from the sweat on your face C. Failure is the mother of success D. No pains, no gains 34. We learn from the passage that the author_______ . A. was a wealthy person in the community B. life was fond of associating with celebrities (名人) C. held a positive attitude towards an active D. kept a secret of the reason why he was so impressed 35. What is implied in the passage by the writer? A. To use wealth properly, eat, drink and be merry. B. If you cease to struggle, you cease to live. C. As life is but like a dream, a man is like a fruit tree. D. Where there is a will, there is a way. 第二节 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余 选项。 If you have an upcoming job interview, you are probably afraid of appearing nervous during the interview. Knowing how to relax during the interview increases the likelihood that you appear to be the best candidate for the job. There are several things to keep in mind regarding relaxation during a job interview. DO: Listen to the interviewer During your interview, the interviewer is likely to do most of the talking. If your focus on what he is saying and give the person your undivided attention, two things are likely to happen. 36 . Second, your nervousness is easier to forget
since your mind is focused on what the interviewer is saying. DO: Prepare in advance. 37 . One of the best ways to help yourself relax during the interview is to be ready for these questions. 38 , create a list of questions that you expect
to be asked, and consider your answers. Ask friends or family to help you by asking
questions they think you might encounter and give feedback on your responses. In addition, researching the company, the specific position and the industry in general enables you to be a more knowledgeable applicant. of being troubled by interview questions. Being relaxed is essential for having a successful job interview. Overcoming your nervousness is not difficult if you know how to relax. 40 , you are the 39 since there is less chance
confident and knowledgeable applicant you want to appear as during the interview. A. This also helps you to relax B. Before your interview C. First, the interviewer is likely to be impressed by your listening skills D. Confidence is key to feeling relaxed during an interview E. By being aware of how to relax F. During an interview, expect to be asked a ton of questions G. Despite this, you need to keep these nervous feelings to yourself 第三部分: 英语知识运用(共两节，满分 45 分) 第一节 完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处 的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is that life in this world is bittersweet. It has been and it 41 will be. I realized this early and every day I see further 42 of it. It is something that we all just have to 43 .
When I was a boy, I cherished my books and toys, but then I 44 them all when our house was 45 in the middle of one night. When growing up, I loved the 46 , but often I found myself
isolated(孤立的)woodlands and meadows that were my playing 47
. At school, I found learning fun and 48 , but I was never as popular
as I wanted to be. In college, I enjoyed the excitement of being out on my own, yet I still missed the love and 49 of home. As I grew into adulthood I fell in love and had my heart 50 . I graduated from
college, but I never 51 the success I thought l would get. I had three beautiful 52 that taught me so much about love, yet I watched my two sons 53 daily with Autism(孤独症). I cherished the love that my Mom and Dad gave me, and then I 54 them die before I was 50 .
Life is bittersweet which is full of ups and downs, twists and turns, successes and 55 . Whether life makes us bitter or sweet, 56 , is up to us. Anyhow, we times that we grow the strongest
could 57 something from it. It is during the 58
and our goodness is most 59 . Stay strong. Love much. Live well. Please goodness and make this world a sweeter place for all. 41.A.rarely 42.A.information 43.A.accept 44.A.borrowed 45.A.let out 46.A.1aboratory 47.A.alone 48.A.formal 49.A.conditions 50.A.won 51.A.gained 52.A.relatives 53.A.commit 54.A.sensed 55.A.difficulties 56.A.though 57.A.learn 58.A.perfect 59.A.kept 60.A.divide B.always B.action B.respect B.picked B.built up C.almost C.evidence C.decline C.destroyed C.burned down D.forever D.experience D.fight D.lost D.turn apart
B.playground C.study B.badly B.rapid B.aids B.broken B.enjoyed B.teachers B.undertake B.watched B.failures B.therefore B.benefit B.sweet B.showed B.repay C.fairly C.easy
D.1ibrary D.well D.boring
C.reliefs C.stolen C.judged C.children C.operate C.heard C.hardships
D.comforts D.failed D.proved D.friends D.struggle D.noticed D.diseases
C.however C.realize C.tough C.found C.receive
D.otherwise D.conclude D.suitable D.needed D.share
第 II 卷(非选择题 共 50 分) 注意事项： 请用 0.5 毫米黑色笔迹的签字笔将答案写在答题卡上。写在本试卷上无效。 第二节(共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分) 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容(1 个单词)或括号内单词的正确形式。 A boy trembled in the cold winter, wrapping his arms around himself __61__ a bus stop bench. He wasn’t wearing warm clothes and the temperature was - l0 C. A heartbreaking scene! But the good deeds of the ordinary people __62__ witnessed the 11-year–old Johannes were both joyous and 63 (inspire). A woman, sitting
next to the boy, discovered he was on a school trip and __64___ (tell) to meet his teacher at the bus stop. She selflessly covered her own coat around his shoulders. Later, another woman at first gave him her scarf, and then ___65___ (wrap) him in
her large jacket. Throughout the day, more and more people offered Johannes ___66___ (they) gloves and even the coats off their backs. 67 (actual), it was a hidden
camera experiment by Norwegian charity SOS Children's Village as part of their winter campaign to collect donations 68 (help) Syrian children get through the winter.
Synne Ronning, the information head of the organization, also noted that __69__ child was a volunteer who was never in any 61. 66. 62. 67. 63. 68. 70 (dangerous) during the filming. 64. 69. 65. 70.
第四部分: 写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节 短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共 有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处，错误仅涉及一个单词的增加，删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（^） ，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词。 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。 Reading is not only a good habit but a enjoyable thing. Firstly, it's very easy to keep on reading. We can read anywhere and anytime unless we want. Secondly, we may communicate the wisemen all over the world by reading. Not only do reading broaden our horizons but it brings us happinesses. Thirdly, read is useful for each of us. We can learn many knowledge from books to solve the problems we may meet them every day. Since reading is of greatly importance, I'm going to read more. In a word, books are our best friends and teachers. Do some reading and enjoying our life! 第二节 书面表达(满分 25 分) 假定你是李华，正在美国某大学参加为期一年的交流生(exchange student)项目，但是 由于特定原因，想提前回国。根据规定，你需向校方提交书面申请，请按以下要点写一封信 1、本人简介；
2、回国原因(不适应这里的生活；所学专业和预期的不一样?)； 3、希望获准。 注意： 1、词数 100 左右； 2、可以适当增加细节，以使行文连贯： 3、开头和结束已为你写好。 DearSir／Madam． _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________ Yours，
参考答案 听力（20*1.5=30） ： 1—5 CABAB 6—10 ACACB 11—15 CBCAB 16—20 CBBAC
阅读理解: (15*2=30) 21—24 CBAC 25—28 CDAB 七选五: (5*2=10) 29—32 DBCA 33—35 DCB
36—40 C F B A E
完形填空: (20*1.5=30) 41—45 BCADC 46—50 BACDB 51—55 ACDBB 56—60 CACDD 语法填空: (10*1.5=15) 61: on 62: who/that 63: inspiring 64: was told 70: danger 65: wrapped 66: their 67:
Actually 68: to help 69: the
Reading is not only a good habit but a (an) enjoyable thing. Firstly, it's very easy to keep on reading. We can read anywhere and anytime unless (if) we want. Secondly, we may communicate ∧with the wisemen all over the world by reading. Not only do (does) reading broaden our horizons but it brings us happinesses (happiness). Thirdly, read (reading) is useful for each of us. We can learn many (much) knowledge from books to solve the problems that we may meet them (删除 them) every day. Since reading is of greatly (great) importance, I'm going to read more. In a word, books are our best friends and teachers. Let's enjoy reading and enjoying (enjoy) our life!