建湖县第二中学 2015～2016 学年度第二学期高一期中考试 英语试题
第 I 卷（共三部分，共 85 分） 第一部分 听力： （共两节，20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 5 分） 听下面 5 段对话，每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳 选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，
你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和 阅读下一小题，每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How did the woman get home? A. By plane 2. What did the man do? A. He criticized Jane. B. He made the woman angry. C. He had a fight with Jane. 3. What are the two speakers mainly talking about? A. A child A. Easy A. A high school student B. A jacket. B. Difficult C. A birthday party C. Rewarding C. A college teacher 4. What does the woman think of computer science? 5. Who is the woman probably? B. A college student 第二节： （共 15 小题；每小题 15 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. How much will the man pay for the package? A. $8.00 A. In one month B. $8.25 B. In two weeks C. $2.50 C. In o ne week 7. When will the man’s package get to China? 请听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What does the man next to the girl probably do? A. A computer engineer B. An accountant C. A secretary 9. What do we know about the office? A. It’s next to a coffee bar. B. It’s very comfortable. C. It’s very small. 请听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. How long will the man stay at the hotel? B. By train C. By bus
A. One night A. The phone in the hall.
B. Two nights
C. Three nights
11. Which telephone can the man use? B. The phone on the woman’s desk.. C. The phone at the business center. 12. What do we know about the man? A. He will pay 60 dollars a night. B. He needs help with his luggage. C. He needs the service of a wake-up call. 请听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. For whom is the man choosing a present? A. Ann A. A phone A. Her dad has no watch. B. Her dad’s watch walks fast. C. Her dad’s watch has stopped. 16. What does the woman advise the man to do? A. Go to the mall with her. B. Buy a present online. C. Arrange a birthday party. 请听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Why did the two speakers go to the bank? A. To change some money. B. To open an account. C. To cash a check. 18. Who paid the taxi fare? A. The man B. The woman C. The man’s friend. 19. Why didn’t the man think he had left his wallet in the bank? A. The teller had reminded him of it. B. He used it after leaving the bank. C. He didn’t feel it slip out of his pocket. 20. Where did the man probably lose his wallet? A. In the taxi company B. In the coffee shop C. In the bookshop. 第二部分：英语语言知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节：单项选择（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 请认真阅读下面各题，从题中所给的 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。 B. The woman B. A tie C. His father C. A computer 14. What did the woman buy for her father last year? 15. Why does the woman want to buy a new watch f or her dad this year?
They haven’t settled the problem of ______ it is necessary for her to take B. whether B. It, who C. where C. That, who that D. that D. What,
part in “China Voice”. A. if A. It, that who whose who 23. Eating too much fat can______ heart disease and cause high blood pressure. A. result from lead in 24. The project will _________sensor technologies, weather modeling, and other advanced techniques to aid the city _________ reducing air pollution. A. replace, with relieve, on 25. George left word with my secretary ________he would call again in the afternoon. A. that which 26. Facing up to your problem is the best approach_________ things out. So don’t ________to turn to us if you have any further problems. A. for working, beg D. to work, seek 27. Is it ______ ______they will have two days off the day after tomorrow? A. unlike that possible, what 28. The fierce competition will lead to many companies ________. A. defeated being defeated 29. It was only after arriving in the ancient village _______ he got to know the importance the local people ________ to some Chinese customs. A. where, attaching to attach 30. ________himself in packing the car, he didn’t feel someone staring at him _____the distance. A. Occupying, at Occupying, in 31. Hearing the old man’s report, the officer _______ from his seat and _______his disagreement. A. raised; rose D. rose; rose 32. To our ________, Dr. zhou has forecast that the house price will be reduced B. rose; raised C. raised; raised B. Occupied, in C. Occupied, from D. B. when, attached C. that, attached D. that, B. defeating C. to be defeated D. B. likely that C. likely, whether D. B. to working, desire C. to working, hesitate B. who C. as D. B. attract, in C. employ, in D. B. contribute to C. attend to D. 22. ________is known to us all ______ discovered America.
approximately_____ 5% in 2015. A. belief, to D. relief, by 33. This year alone, we’ve treated _____________in our hospital this year as we did last year. A. three times more patients C. three times as many patients B. more than three times patients D. three more times patients B. relief, to C. anxiety, in
34. Soon a team _______ 10 nurses and 3 doctors arrived in the area to help the wounded, homeless in the earthquake without any pay. A. consisted of D. making up of B. consisting of C. being made up of
35. It was not a situation________ the volunteers are anxious. _________, they saw it as one that would inspire them to try a better solution. A. that, On the other hand C. where, Aside from 第二节 完形填空(共 20 小题;每小题 1 分，满分 20 分) 阅读下列短文，从短文后所给各题的四个选项 A, B, C,和 D 中，选出可以填入空白处的 最佳选项。 The other day, I was driving down a two-lane highway at about 60 miles an hour. A car approached from the he might be 38 36 direction at about the same speed. As we 37 each other, I caught the other driver’s eye for only a second. I wondered whether , as I was, how dependent we were on each other at that moment. , not to be put off by a phone conversation, 40 . Though we had . I was relying on him not to fall 39 41 B. about which, In addition D. about which, On the contrary
not to cross over into my lane and bring my life to a sudden
spoken a word to each other, he relied on me in just the same way. Multiplied a million times over, I believe that is the way the world 42 43 upon one another. Sometimes that dependence requires 45 , with friends or even with 46 47 .
At some level, we all us 44
not to do something like crossing over the double yellow line. And for cooperative action
sometimes it requires us to act
As technology shrinks(缩小) our world, the need the SARS virus, which 48
among nations. In 2003, doctors in five nations were quickly organized to identify thousands of lives. The threat of international problem, one requiring coordinated action terrorism has shown itself to be a 49 are not ours 50 to control. responsibility. 52 , as the
by police and intelligence forces across the world. We must recognize that our fates In my own life, I’ve put great stock in 51 rely upon the good faith and judgment of 53 of driving alone down a 54
years have passed, I’ve also come to believe that there are moments when one must . So, while each of us faces the case road, what we must learn is that the approaching
light may not be a threat, but a shared moment of 36. A. wrong 37. A. passed 38. A. believing thinking 39. A. down 40. A. shock 41. A. rarely 42. A. looks stays 43. A. look 44. A. possibly respectively 46. A. partners parents 47. A. develops improves 48. A. killed destroyed 49. A. different widespread 50. A. alone 51. A. public 52. A. Therefore 53. A. friends oneself 54. A. narrow 55. A. trust encouragement B. main B. enjoyment B. alike B. personal B. Though B. families B. similar B. threatened B. enlarges B. colleagues B. depend B. necessarily B. independently B. off B. end B. hardly B. exists C. sick B. opposite B. greeted B. admitting
. D. correct D. met D. D. asleep D. disaster D. never D. D. act D. simply D. D. D. D. D. D. along D. general D. But D. D. dark D.
C. same C. recognized C. suggesting
C. surprise C. ever C. works C. insist C. continually C. separately C. strangers C. increases C. saved C. serious C. alive C. common C. Thus C. others C. busy C. safety
45. A. cooperatively
第三部分 阅读理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分， 共 30 分） A As any homemaker who has tried to keep order at the dinner table knows，there is far more to a family meal than food. Sociologist (社会心理学家)Michael Lewis has been studying 50 families to find out just how much more. Lewis and his co －workers carried out their study by videotaping( 录像) the families while they ate ordinary meals in their own homes. They found that parents with small families talk actively with each other and their children. But as the number of children gets larger，conversation gives way to the parents’ efforts to
control the loud noise they make. That can have an important effect on the children. “In general the more question－asking the parents do，the higher the children’s IQ scores.” Lewis says，“And the more children there are，the less question－asking there is.” The study also provides an explanation for why middle children often seem to have a harder time in life than their siblings(兄弟姐妹)． Lewis found that in families with three or four children，dinner conversation is likely to center on the oldest child，who has the most to talk about，and the youngest，who needs the most attention. “Middle children are invisible(看不见的)，”says Lewis. “When you see someone get up from the table and walk around during dinner，chances are it’s the middle child.” There is，however，one thing that stops all conversations and prevents anyone from having attention：“When the TV is on,” Lewis says,“ dinner is a non－event.” 56. The writer’s purpose in writing the text is to ________. A. show the relationship between parents and children B. teach parents ways to keep order at the dinner table C. give information about family problems D. report on the findings of a study 57. Parents with large families ask fewer questions at dinner because ________. A. they are busy serving food to their children B. they are busy keeping order at the dinner table C. they have to pay more attention to younger children D. they are tired out having prepared food for the whole family 58. By saying “Middle children are invisible” in Paragraph 3，Lewis means that middle children ____. A. get the least attention from the family to serve dinner C. are often kept away from the dinner table with other children 59. Lewis’ research provides an answer to the question ________. A. why TV is important in family life B. why parents should keep good order C. why children in small families seem to be quieter D. why middle children seem to have more difficulties in life B Christmas is long gone, and Valentine’s Day is a distant memory. That means it's a slow time for jewelers, and a good time for you to make a purchase. Whether you’re out shopping for gold, or silver, here fife a few things you need to know: What determines price? D. find it hard to keep up B. have to help their parents
The purity of the metal is one of the elements that determines the price. Gold purity is indicated with a stamp of 10K, 14K, 18K, or 24K. And different countries have their own standards. For example, for a piece to be considered gold in the US, it must be at least 10K. In Britain and Canada: 9K. In Italy and France: l8K. Anything over l8K is really too soft for everyday wear. That’s why jewelry stores in the US sell mostly 14K. How much can you expect to pay? That depends on the weight of the metal and the gemstone(宝石). So keep that in mind, especially when buying online. To keep yourself from getting ripped off, ask yourself the following: ●How long has the company been around? ●What is its return policy? ● Is the jewelry featured on the website visible from all directions? ● Is the company transparent with the gram weights and the size of t he gemstones? Yellow gold? White? Rose? Yes, it's confusing, and while this is largely a personal decision, there are a few things to keep in mind. For starters，white or rose gold costs about l 0% more than yellow gold. If you want the “look for less”, consider gold plated jewelry. “Gold plated” and “gold overlay” mean the same thing and guarantee a thicker layer of finish than “vermeil” which is a flash finish that is thinner and less consistent, but more affordable. Buy vermeil finished pieces you want for a season or two just to follow the fashion. For pieces you want to wear for a lifetime, solid gold is best. What about sterling silver(标准纯银)? Sterling silver has been an alternative for white gold during the difficult economy, and while it used to be more popular with just the younger these days it has much more mass appeal. So much so that retailers are now offering fine gemstones with silver--something you used to see only with gold. Keep in mind that in the US. the sterling silver standard is 92.5% real silver. Don’t buy it if there isn’t a “925” stamp on it. And keep in mind that the lower price you’re paying for silver means more maintenance. To keep silver jewelry from becoming less shiny, consider keeping a piece of chalk in your jewelry box. 60. According to the passage, the underlined phrase “getting ripped off” in Paragraph 3 probably means “_______”. A. being charged C. being cheated A. A 14K necklace. C. A vermeil earring. B. being affected D. being attracted B. A gold-plated ring. D. A gemstone necklace.
61. Which of the following is relatively good for only wearing a short time?
62. We can infer from the last paragraph that silver jewelry should be kept ________ A. in a dry place C. in a wet place B. in a cold place D. in a hot place
63. The author writes the passage mainly to ________. A. encourage young people to buy fashionable jewelry B. inform people of the factors to consider in buying jewelry C. introduce the real value and popularity of gold and silver D. tell people the best time to purchase gold and silver C A punctual person is in the habit of doing a thing at the proper time and is never late in keeping an appointment. The unpunctual man, on one hand, never does what he has to do at the right time. He is always in a hurry and in the end loses both time and his good name. A lost thing may be found again, but lost time can never be regained. Time is more valuable than material things. In fact, time is life itself. The unpunctual man is for ever wasting and mismanaging his most valuable asset ( 财产 ) as well as others. The unpunctual person is always complaining that he finds no time to answer letters, or return calls or keep appointments promptly. But the man who really has a great deal to do is very careful of his time. He knows that he can not get through his huge amount of work unless he faithfully keeps every piece of work when it has to be attended to. Failure to be punctual in keeping one’s appointments is the sign of disrespect towards others. If a person is invited to dinner and arrives later than the appointed time, he keeps all the other guests waiting for him. Usually this will be regarded as a great disrespect to the host and all other guests present. Unpunctuality, moreover, is very harmful when it comes to one’s duty, whether public or private. Imagine how it would be if those who are put in charge of important tasks failed to be at their proper place at the appointed time. A man who is known to be habitually unpunctual is never trusted by his friends or fellow men. 64. What does the author think is the main difference between a punctual person and an unpunctual person? A. An unpunctual person never does anything at the right time. B. A punctual person does everything ahead of time. C. A punctual person has a lot of appointments. D. An unpunctual person has little time to do anything. 65. According to the passage, the main reason that a person is always unpunctual is that _______. A. he has more work to do than other people he works B. he is always in a hurry when
C. he doesn’t care much about time his time
D. he always mismanages and wastes
66. If someone isn’t punctual in keeping his appointments, he might ________. A. lose his life others C. mismanage his asset D. do harm to others 67. Which of the following statements best describes the harm of unpunctuality? A. If you are an unpunctual person, you cannot be in charge of any important task. B. If your friends know that you are unpunctual, they may not see you again. C. Unpunctuality may bring about heavy losses for both public and private affairs. D. Unpunctuality may make you miss a lot of appointments and lose friends. D Please excuse me if I’m a little sad today. Mark is leaving, and I’m feeling kind of sad. You probably don’t know Mark, but you might be lucky enough to know someone just like him. He’s been the heart and soul of the office for a couple of years combining great professional(职业的) skills with a sweet nature. He just wants to do his job, and to do it superbly well. And now he’s moving on to an exciting new professional opportunity. It sounds like it could be the chance of a lifetime, and we’re genuinely, sincerely pleased for him. But that doesn’t make it any easier to say goodbye to a dear friend and trusted colleague (同事). Life has a way of throwing these curve (曲线) balls at us, just when we start to get comfortable with a person, a place or a situation. A terrific (极好的) neighbor moves away. Someone in the family graduates. A child finds new love and loyalties through marriage. The family’s bread-winner is laid off. But how do we do that? A friend of mine who works for the government once told me that the answer to life’s problems can be summed up in four words, “Go with the flow.” “It’s like surfing,” Chris explained. “You can’t organize the ocean. Waves just happen. You ride them where they take you, then you paddle back out there and catch the next one. Sure, you’re always hoping for the perfect wave where you can get. But mostly you just take them the way they come.” I’m not exactly sure, but I think Chris was saying that life is a series of events—both good and bad. There will always be life-influencing factors over which you have no control. That doesn’t mean you don’t keep trying to make all your dreams come true. It just means that when things come up that aren’t exactly in your plan, you work around them—and then you move on. Of course, some bumps along the road of life are easier to take than others. A rained-out picnic, for example, is easier to deal with than the sudden death of a loved one. But the principle (原理 )is the B. be thought to disrespect
same. We’re going to miss Mark, just like you’ll miss that graduate, that neighbor or that newlywed. But rather than drown ourselves in the sadness of our parting, we’ll focus on our hopes for a brighter future—for him, and for us. And then we’ll go out and do everything we can to make that future happen. 68. The leaving of Mike makes the writer feel _________________. A. really unpleasant C. a little disappointed A. A rained-out picnic. C. The sudden death of a loved. member. 70. In the writer’s opinion, one should ________ when unexpected things come up. A. overcome difficulties and let them in control C. accept them and hope for a better future until he succeeds 第 II 卷(共三部分， 共 35 分) 第四部分 任务型阅读（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 请认真阅读下列短文，并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入最恰当的词（每空 1 词）Co We are supposed to always do at least three kinds of things every day: one for yourself, one for someone you know, and one for someone you don’t know. If you find doing three things every day too much to begin with, then spread them out over a week and build them up as the habit gets stronger. Looking after ourselves can include taking exercise, seeing friends in a more regular way and changing our routine from time to time. These are all effective ways of being kind to oneself. It’s so easy to forget to pay attention to taking real care of ourselves as we hurry through our day, trying to finish our duties. When we get overtired and stressed, it is much harder to show kindness to anyone at all, so we can see kindness for ourselves as an investment that will help others also. One of the very best ways to show kindness to oneself is to make time each day to practice meditation(沉思). Even a five-minute session every morning can help to set us up with a little more space and quietness with which we will face the day. Perhaps it might be a nice idea to make the family feel surprised by doing something unexpected such as bringing them morning tea in bed, or making pancakes for tea. Just as it helps us to change routine, it will help the family, too. You also can make an unexpected phone call to a friend who lives at a distance in order to lift his day. Sending a thank-you note to people who have invited you to dinner, or sending flowers to celebrate an exam result, will bring happiness both to you B. do as planned D. never give up B. very angry D. both happy and sad B. A terrific neighbor’s visit. D. The graduation of a family
69. Which is NOT an unexpected thing in life mentioned in the passage?
and to the people who are receiving them. You also can do something kind for a person you don’t know. For example, next time you buy a take-away coffee, trying paying for the drink the person behind you is buying. In a supermarket, when I have to grapple to the back of a shelf to get at a packet or tin, I will pull forward the next one so the person coming after me can see that there is still one left and they don’t have to struggle to get it out. What’s more, simple things like opening doors for people, standing aside to let them pass, allowing them to go ahead of you in a queue are easy to do and can change someone’s day. Title: Make it a habit to do at least three kind things a day ●Take 71 ; ●Visit friends more 72 ; ●Make 73 to your routine sometimes; ●Practise meditation; ● 74 the family by doing something unexpected for them; ●Make an unexpected call to a(n) 75 friend; ●Send a note to 76 those who have treated you to dinner; ●Send flowers to people who have performed well in a(n) 77 ; ●Pay for somebody while 79 ; ●Open doors for people; ●Stand aside to let people pass; ● 80 someone to go ahead of you in a queue;
Kindness for yourself
Kindness for someone you know
Kindness for a(n)
第五部分 单词拼写（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 81.By ____________ (分析) the parts of the sentence we learn more about English grammar. 82.As a matter of fact, many people have a _____________(缺陷). 83. Thousands of pigeons flew into the air immediately they were set ______ (松 开的). 84. The government will ________(坚定地) help people to solve the economic problem. 85. According to ____________ (官方的) figures, about 110 people were killed in the accident. 86. Hit the shark on the nose with your fist to avoid being b________. 87. The tourism and cultural industries are making increasing c_________ to the local economy. 88. A d________ should be made between formal and informal language. 89. The boy looked at his father h_______ because he thought his father had brought him a present. 90. The driver i______ the traffic lights and had an accident.
第六部分 书面表达（满分 15 分） 当今，微博已越来越多地为人们所接受，青少年也不例外。它在人们的日常生活中已经 成为一种时尚，一种必不可少的工具。但过度或不当的使用不仅浪费时间、精力和金钱，还 会影响生活的和谐。请根据下图提示，用英语写一篇短文, 描述图片所示现象加以分析，并 谈谈个人对此的观点（至少两点） 。
注意：1. 词数 150 左右 (开头已给出不计入总词数) 2. 课参照图示及上面的说明作必要的想象和发挥，但不要逐句作简单翻译。 3. 参考词汇：微博 microblog n.； 时尚 vogue n. Microblog, as its name indicates, is a kind of blog, which differs from a traditional blog in that its content is smaller in size. _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________
建湖二中 2015—2016 学年度第二学期阶段性考试 高一年级英语试卷 Key ： 听力 1—5 BCBAB 单选 21-25 BBBCA 完型 阅读 任务型 71. exercise 72.regularly 73. changes 74. Surprise 36-40 BADDB 6—10 ACABB 26-30 CBDCD 41-45 DCBDA 11—15 CCABB 31-35 BDCBD 46-50 CCCBA 51-55 BDCDA 16—20ACBBC （2016.4）
64-67ADBC 68-70 DBC
75.distant/faraway 76. thank 单词拼写 81. analyzing 86. bitten ignored 书面表达 Microblog, as its name indicates, is a kind of blog, which differs from a traditional blog in that its content is smaller in size. It is more and more widely used by a growing number of young people to find fun of life in their spare time, to relieve the pressure from study, to keep well-informed of the latest news and so on. There is no denying that it has become a symbol of vogue and brought much convenience to our life. With a computer or a cell phone, we can text whatever we like, and immediately people who are concerned about us may receive it. Not only can we respond to it immediately but also we can type some words in reply to them if we are interested. However, some use it just for fun and waste a lot of time and energy. What I want to stress is that we should use it positively and not be occupied 82.disability 83. loose 84.firmly 85.official 90. 77. exam 78.stranger 79.shopping 80. Allow
in/addicted to playing it because we can’t afford that time or energy, and it’s very hard to control the information we get. As the saying goes, “The water that bears the boat is the same that swallows it up.”(水能载舟,亦能覆舟)