Choose the best answers.
1. --- We haven’t heard from Jane for a long time. --- What do you suppose _____ C to her? A was happening B is happening C has happened D had happened
/>A do with the money? 2. --- What do you think _____
--- It’s up to you.
A I will B will I C I would D would I
使用插入语会干扰视线，分散注意， 混淆对句子结构的理解。 NMET命题中设置障碍主要采用短语 和句子插入句中的形式。
Compare the following translations.
The most important is that we must learn all the skills.
Most important of all, we must learn all the skills.
And I believe China will catch up with the developed countries sooner or later. What’s more, I believe China will catch up with the developed countries sooner or later.
D was 1）To own a computer in families, _______ impossible twenty years ago, now becomes true.
A that we think B that we thought
C which we think
D which we thought
2) It seems that he has bought a dictionary, _____ C of great value to him. A I suppose it is C which I suppose is B I soppose which is D that I suppose is
(I/We/… think/thought/suppose/…) +谓语+……
1）_______ C be invited to our wedding ceremony? A Do you suppose who should B Who do you suppose will C Who do you suppose could D Do you suppose who can 2) What do you suggest ______ B to be our present? A should buy B (should) be bought C buy D bought A will be awarded in the conference? 3) _______ A Whose works do you think B Do you think whose works C Do you think works whose D Whose do you think works
A) 特殊疑问词（主语或主语的定语 +主语/n.）+插入语 (do you think/suppose/suggest/…)
C 4) ---______? --- He is a popular singer, I think. A Can you imagine what he is B Can you imagine who he is C What can you imagine he is D Who can you imagine is he B carry out the performance? 5) ______ A Where do you think shall we B Where do you think we shall C Do you think where shall we D Do you think where we shall
B) 特殊疑问词（非主语或主语定语）+插入语 （do you think/believe/imagine/…)+主语+ 谓语+……
1.他肯定会帮你，因为他是你最好的朋友，而且他是 如此的善良。 He will surely help you, because he is your best friend, and what’s more, he is so kind. 2.你不能过多玩电脑游戏，因为它会损害你的身体。 更糟糕的是，它会浪费你的时间。 You can’t play computer games too much, because it will do harm to your health. What’s worse, it will waste your time.
Generally speaking, boys are more active than girls. 4.这本书很好，有趣并且时尚(fashionable)，总之，
The book is very good, interesting and fashionable; in a word, the book is instructive.
5. 我的母亲是一个善解人意(considerate)， 勤劳(diligent)勇敢的妇女，总之，她是一位 出色的母亲。 My mother is a considerate, diligent and brave woman; altogether she is an excellent monther.
In my opinion, your plan is not considerate.
7. 你不能浪费任何东西，尤其不能浪费时间。 You can’t waste anything, and above all, you can’t waste time.
8. 机器需要燃料，同样道理(similarly)，人类需要 营养(nutrition)。
Machines need fuel. Similarly, human beings need nutrition.
Theory comes from practice and in turn serves practice.
10. —我们应该全心全意(heart and soul)为人民服务。 —确切地说, 这是我们的责任。
—We should serve the people heart and soul. —Exactly, this is our duty.
That’s all, thank you!