Step 1. 词场（Semantic Field） ?Who can sing the famous Chinese folk song “外婆 的澎湖湾”?
?晚风轻拂澎湖湾 白浪逐沙滩 没有椰林缀斜阳 只是一片海蓝蓝 坐在门前矮墙上 一遍遍怀想 也是黄昏的沙滩上 有着脚印两对半 那时外婆拄着杖 将我手轻
轻挽 踩着薄暮走向余晖 暖暖的澎湖湾 一个脚印是笑语一串 消磨许多时光 直到夜色吞没我俩 在回家的 路上 澎湖湾澎湖湾 外婆的澎湖湾 有我许多的童年幻想 阳光 沙滩 海浪 仙人掌 还有一位老船长
?In this song, we can find these words: evening wind,
Penghu Bay, white waves, beach, coconut trees, sunset, blue sea, short walls, footprints, dusk, laughter, cactus, old captain……. ?What do these words have in common? Are they related to each other?
Step 2. Exercise Mini Cloze (微完形)
1、One morning, the boy came to Robert with a beautiful map of an island. Robert noticed that the boy had drawn a large cross in the middle of D (45)______. “What’s that?” he asked. “That’s the buried treasure.” (2009全国卷I) A. the sea B. the house C. Scotland D. the island
2. It’s a little funny seeing friends in clean shoes B and trousers or colorful (36)______, instead of the usual school uniform. (2007北京卷) A. shapes B. dresses C. flowers D. pictures
3. Sometimes I’d get (45)_____ D and take a shot at the wrong direction--which made me feel really stupid. (2001北京卷) A. committed B. motivated C. embarrassed D. confused
confused ? wrong direction ? stupid/embarrassed
4. Our meetings were not (26)____; C our conversation was filled with arguments and quarrels. (2010全国卷II) A. normal B. necessary C. pleasant D. possible 5. It began when a teacher suggested I try out for the basketball team. At first I thought it was a crazy (39)____ A . (2011北京卷) A. idea B. plan C. belief D. saying
Step 3. Topic Sentence 1. How can you find the topic sentence of a passage? 2. What information can you get from the topic sentence? 3. According to the topic sentence, can you find some key words to summarize the passage? 4. Do you know the relationship between the key words and the structure of the passage?
Step 4. Comments on the test paper of Week 6 Cloze test: 1. What’s the style/form of this passage? an expository writing(说明文) 2. What’s the structure of an expository writing? phenomenon--(causes)--solutions/suggestions 3. Read the first paragraph, and find out the topic sentence. Many kids think that class and learning is boring. (Introducing sentence) ……… So how can a teacher make learning about first aid interesting? (Topic sentence)
4. What information can you get from the topic sentence? And what are the key words? Many kids think that class and learning is boring. (the leading in sentence) ……… So how can a teacher make learning about first aid interesting? (Topic sentence) Key words: class/learning, boring/interesting, first aid
5. Think about what other words can be related to the following key words. Let’s have a competition. class/learning: students, teacher, subject, lesson, class, activity, game, competition (compare, reward), score, homework, …… boring/interesting: difficult, hard, stress, happy, fun, exciting, fond/fondness…… first aid: injure, wound, bleed, save, breath, patient, doctor, take care, check/examine/look over, medicine/pill, bandage, ……
1. A. difficult 2. A. games
B. disappointing C. strange B. words C. ideas
D. worrying D. subjects
3. A. Now, alwayslet’s check B. never 6. the
C. often D. sometimes answers. 4. A. prepared B.answer different words C.were boring D. private just 7. How many mentioned 5. A. educated B. trained C. focused D. involved now? 6. A. cared 7. A. business 8. A. fail 9. A. compare B. blamed B. connection B. check B. introduce C. thanked C. wait C. expose C. guide C. formal C. lesson C. jokes D. called D. stop D. relate D. reward D. fun D. answer D. articles C. situation D. system
10. A. protection B. permission 11. A. organized B. simple 12. A. time 13. A. questions 14. A. believing 15. A. save B. activity B. stories B. suggesting B. follow
C. meaning D. providing C. lead D. build
Step 5. Exercise I became a gardener when I was twelve. My early C __21__ of gardening may not have originated from my love for nature. It was to __22__ my D not love = ???? parents.
21．A．memory B．dream C．intention D．design 22．A．please ? B．change?C．help ? D． ?annoy
Q1. What are the key words of paragraph 1? Who? What? Why? I, parents gardening/nature not love/annoy Q2. What are the attitudes to gardening between my parents and me?
Tell which words are commendatory(褒义) and which are derogatory(贬义) or neutral(中性)?
23．A．doubt 24．A．equal 25．A．discouraging 26．A．to 27．A．Luckily 28．A．shouted 29．A．troublesome 30．A．sadness 31．A．dislike 32．A．decided 33．A．devote 34．A．defeat 35．A．freedom B．appreciation B．similar B．valuable B．with B．Cheerfully B．laughed B．convenient B．displeasure C．surprise C．opposite C．interesting C．in C．Regularly C．glanced C．enjoyable C．delight D．excitement D．superior D．upsetting D．by D．Eventually D．jumped D．dangerous D．relief D．suggestion D．struggled D．respond D．challenge D．life
B．encouragement C．threat B．stopped B．turn B．satisfy B．nature C．continued C．lead C．respect C．growth
Step 6. NMET, 2010 GD
Doors may have different functions and differences purposes which lead to cultural differences. doors 3. doors 1. different different 6. strange 4.enter 5. same