一、听力理解。 （20 小题，计 20 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 5 分）
听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Where does this
conversation most probably take place? A. Outside a book shop. B. In front of a clothes shop. C. Inside a clothes shop. 2. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers? A. Boss and secretary. B. Teacher and student. C. Husband and wife. 3. What is the woman doing at this moment according to the conversation? A. She is seeing a film. B. She is watching the animals. C. She is reading a newspaper. 4. What does the man mean? A. He gets up earlier than the woman on weekends. B. He gets up as early as the woman on weekends. C. He gets up later than the woman on weekends 5. How does the woman usually go shopping? A. On foot. B. By bus. C. By car. 第二节 （共 15 小题；每题 1 分，满分 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个 小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，每小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至第 8 题。 6. When did the woman drive there through the valley? A. In the morning. B. At noon. C. In the afternoon. 7. Why did the woman get to the park in less than an hour? A. Because the park is not far away. B. Because there is a highway near the park. C. Because there was little traffic on the way. 8. What did the woman enjoy most during the trip? A. Going for a swim in the sea. B. Having her picnic under a tall tree. C. Taking pictures at the big waterfall. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至第 11 题。 9. What does Mrs Black think about her son? A. He’s a dull boy. B. He’s tired every day. C. He’s lazy. 10. How does the boy go to school when it rains? A. By taxi with his friends. B. By bike with his friends. C. By car with his father. 11. How does the boy get along with school?
A. He likes going to school. B. He dislikes going to school. C. He can’t get along well with the teachers. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至第 14 题。 12. Why did the man’s pen-friend write a letter to him? A. To practice his English. B. To learn about schools and life in China. C. To learn about the Italian language. 13. Where is the man’s pen-friend from? A. England. B. China. C. Italy. 14. How long will the man’s pen-friend stay in China? A. For a week. B. For a month. C. For a school year. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至第 17 题。 15. Why does the woman ring? A. Because she saw a house on fire. B. Because she wants to make fun. C. Because her house is on fire. 16. What does the man want to know about the woman? A. Her name and passport. B. Her address and telephone number. C. Her name, address and phone number. 17. What does the woman do after her call? A. To leave her house at once. B. To get into the house on fire. C. To warn the neighbors to leave their house. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至第 20 题。 18. What is the most common way to affect people’s shopping behavior? A. Pictures. B. Advertisements. C. Radios. 19. According to the passage, who can benefit from ads? A. Only the factories. B. Only the shoppers. C. Both the shoppers and the factories. 20. Which of the following statements is true? A. The Internet plays an important role in people’s shopping behavior. B. Computers are a new medium as fast, easy and exact as other media. C. TV, radio and newspapers are more important than the Internet.
二、单项填空。 （15 小题，计 15 分）
21. Polly found herself staring up at ________ man standing, and ________ face that she saw was that of an old man. A. a; a B. the; the C. the; a D. a; the 22. Knowing about the history of the English language helps us understand _______ there are so many pairs of words and phrases ________ have similar meanings in English. A. why; which B. how; what C. which; that D. why; whose
23. The Chinese language differs from many western languages _______ it uses characters which have meanings and can stand alone as words. A. in which B. in that C. for that D. for which 24. —I hear you’ve just returned from a trip to Loulan. Could you explain why the ancient city disappeared? —It is believed ________ gradually covered by sandstorms from AD 200 to AD 500. A. to be B. was C. to have been D. being 25. A commercial advertisement is ________ someone has paid for to advertise a product or service. A. that which B. the one that C. one which D. something who 26. ________ people spend so much money on pets ________ us a lot. A. That; surprises B. What; surprises C. How; surprised D. That; surprising 27. Today we are having a welcome ceremony here ________ Mr Black who has just come to China and will work in our school this year. A. in praise of B. in memory of C. in honor of D. in celebration of 28. The old man was quite weak after the accident, so he ________. A. must be looked after B. must be taken care C. must take care of D. must look after 29. I’d like to go to the cinema with my dad, but the film is ________ for adults only. A. admitted B. intended C. promised D. permitted 30. The bad weather after the earthquake ________ the difficulty in helping the wounded and the homeless. A. added up to B. added up C. added to D. added in 31. —Where is John? I can’t find him anywhere. —He ________ letters upstairs. A. must be writing B. may have written C. must have written D. may be written 32. _________ is known to everybody, the moon travels around the earth once every month. A. It B. As C. What D. That 33. — You’ve made great progress in your studies of physics, haven’t you? — Yes, but much _______. A. remains to do B. is remained to do C. remains to be doneD. remains doing 34. It is easier to take a machine to pieces than to ________ it together again. A. hold B. get C. tie D. put 35. — Could you do me a favor to take the suitcase up to my room? — ________. A. That’s right B. With pleasure C. It’s my pleasure D. Don’t mention it
三、完形填空。 （20 小题，计 20 分）
After 21 years of marriage, I discovered a new way of keeping love alive. I __36__ to go out with another woman. It was my wife’s __37__. “I know you love her,” she said one day, taking me by __38__. “But I love you,” I said. “I know, __39__ you also love her.” The other woman was my mother, who has been a widow (a woman whose husband has died) for 19 years. My work and my three children made it __40__ for me to visit her often. That night I
called to __41__ her to go out for dinner and a movie. She __42__. That Friday after work, as I drove over to __43__ my mother. I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I __44__ that she, too, seemed to be __45__. She waited in the door, smiling. She wore the dress made for her last wedding anniversary (周年纪念). During the dinner we had a happy conversation about each other’s __46__. We talked so much that we missed the __47__. As we arrived at her house later, she said, “I’ll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you.” __48__, I agreed. “How was your dinner date?” asked my __49__ when I got back home. “Very nice.” I answered. A few days later my mother died of heart attack. It happened so __50__ that I didn’t have a __51__ to do anything for her. At that moment I understood the __52__ of saying in time, “I __53__ you.” Nothing in __54__ is more important than your family. See them in time, and don’t __55__ until another day. 36. A. had 37. A. order 38. A. accident 39. A. and 40. A. impossible 41. A. advise 42. A. received 43. A. get up 44. A. observed 45. A. nervous 46. A. marriage 47. A. dinner 48. A. Of course 49. A. son 50. A. naturally 51. A. chance 52. A. use 53. A. love 54. A. rest 55. A. give it up B. chose B. idea B. chance B. or B. unnecessary B. warn B. allowed B. set up B. noticed B. surprised B. life B. movie B. In general B. daughter B. suddenly B. time B. importance B. know B. work B. let it out C. started C. trick C. surprise C. but C. impolite C. invite C. promised C. pick up C. watched C. disappointed C. children C. match C. In fact C. wife C. unluckily C. moment C. sense C. owe C. study C. put it off D. offered D. invention D. force D. instead D. unfriendly D. drive D. agreed D. make up D. discovered D. frightened D. work D. concert D. In turn D. mother D. unfairly D. date D. possibility D. miss D. life D. turn it in
四、阅读理解。 （10 小题，计 20 分）
A The Origins of Sports When we think of certain sports, we often associate them with certain countries. For example, most people believe that baseball—a popular American sport—was invented in the USA. The truth, however, is that baseball originated from two British sports—cricket and rounders. These games were being played before the US even existed.
In fact, many sports that people think were invented in one country actually originated elsewhere. For example, it is often claimed that football was invented in England, and that golf was invented in Scotland. But what are the real facts? When the Romans went to Britain in the 1st century AD, they played an early form of golf. The game was played with a stick and a small leather ball. The Romans introduced this game to other European countries such as France and the Netherlands. People in these countries then created their own versions of the game. The first written reference to golf was made in Scotland in 1457 when King James II banned the game. This was a time when there were many wars with England. The King needed his citizens to practice archery instead so that they could improve their shooting skills. One of England’s national sports, cricket, was definitely invented in England. It is known that cricket has been played in England since 1646 as this is when a cricket match was first recorded. However, it is possible to trace the origins of football back to the Ancient Chinese, Greek and Roman periods. Before rules were introduced, games of football in England were very disorganized and quite dangerous. Matches were played between neighboring villages. And teams sometimes were made up of hundreds of players. Each team would try to reach their opponents’ goal, which was sometimes six or seven km from their own! The rules of modern football were added by students at English schools and universities in the mid-19th century. The first set of rules were published in 1848. 56. Baseball _______. A. is a popular British sport B. came from the British games of cricket and rounders C. is the same as the British games of cricket and rounders D. was unpopular in British 57. The Romans introduced the Europeans to ________. A. golf B. baseball C. football D. cricket 58. King James II banned golf because _________. A. golf did not help to improve fighting skills B. his favorite sport was archery C. the Scottish were better at archery than golf D. his citizens didn’t need too much practice 59. The Chinese, Greeks and Romans ________ in the past. A. used to play football together B. all played their own versions of football C. introduced football to English students D. didn’t play football 60. Early games of football were dangerous because ________. A. the players didn’t know the rules B. the goals were very far apart C. the number of players was not limited D. there weren’t really any rules at all B Who doesn’t long for household help at times? Service robots will soon be able to relieve us
of heavy, dirty tasks. Research scientists have now presented a new generation of household robots, the “Care-O-bot?3”. The one-armed robot moves quietly and slowly to the kitchen table. With its three fingers, it carefully picks up the bottle of apple juice and puts it next to the glasses on the tray in front of it. Then it moves back into the waiting room and serves the drinks to the guests. Only 1.45 meters tall, Care-O-bot?3 is a new generation of service robots designed to help humans in the household. But how does the robot know where to find the things it needs? And what has been done to make sure the robot does not accidentally touch a human with its arm? It is fitted with many sensors to prevent this from happening. Stereo-vision color cameras, laser scanners (扫描仪) and a 3-D range camera enable Care-O-bot?3 to record its surroundings in three dimensions in real time. If a person moves into the radius (半径) of its arm, it stops moving. Another feature of the small, flexible helper is that it can move in any direction. “This is made possible by an omnidirectional (全方向的) platform with four separately steered and driven wheels,” explains Birgit Graf, who heads the domestic and personal service robotic group at IPA. “In this way, the robot can even pass safely through narrow places in an apartment.” The new Care-O-bot?3 has a highly flexible (可伸缩的) arm with seven degrees of freedom and a hand with three fingers. This allows it to pick up bottles, cups and similar objects and to operate machines. 61. The “Care-O-bot?3” is a robot designed to ________. A. work in some dangerous places B. help people with housework C. serve drinks to guests D. go to some narrow places 62. The second paragraph mainly describes ________. A. how the robot is made B. how the robot works C. where the robot can go D. what the robot is like 63. Which of the following is TRUE about what the robot can do? ① Serving guests. ② Talking with a human. ③ Operating stereo-vision color cameras. ④ Picking up objects. ⑤ Operating machines. A. ①②④ B. ①③⑤ C. ②③⑤ D. ①④⑤ 64. The underlined word “this” in the last paragraph refers to the fact that ________. A. the robot knows where to find the things it needs B. the robot can avoid touching a human with its arm C. the robot is built on an omnidirectional platform D. the robot can move in any direction 65. The “Care-O-bot?3” is equipped with the following things except ________. A. a lot of sensors B. a CD player
C. laser scanners D. several stereo-vision color cameras
五、单词拼写。 （10 小题，计 10 分）
66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. Frank made a good _______(印象) so the manager gave him the job. A lamp was hanging from the c_______ above her head. The Sanlu Milk Company was _______ (控告) of producing milk with harmful chemicals. In order to _______ (促销) the latest model of computers, the company has launched an advertising campaign. I don’t get along well with Jimmy because he is always playing _______ (恶作剧) on me. The burglar waved a knife at the crowd in an effort to e_______ being caught. My _______(侄子) lives only a stone's throw from my house. Even most outstanding musicians require c_______ practice. Mike a ________ to solve the problem in another way but failed. I could take the train, but it’s more c ________ to go by car.
六、句子转换。 （10 小空，计 10 分）
76. Migrant workers (民工) have contributed greatly to the development of our country. Migrant workers have ________ great ________ to the development of our country. 77. Please send all the letters arriving here to my new address while I’m away from here. Please send all the letters ________ arrive here to my new address during my ________. 78. With the rapid development of IT, shopping online is getting more and more popular. As IT________ ________, shopping online is getting more and more popular. 79. As some of the athletes say, sports shouldn’t be related to politics. As some of the athletes say, sports shouldn’t be ________ ________ politics. 80. Many players believe table tennis is not only a physical game, but a psychological game as well. Not only ________ table tennis ________ to be a physical game, but a psychological game as well.
七、完成句子。 （10 小空，计 10 分）
81. 不发脾气你也完全可以传达你的意思。 It is perfectly possible to ________ your message ________ without being so angry. 82. 这个实验直接导致了一种癌症治疗的方法的发现。 This experiment directly ________ ________ the discovery of a cure for a kind of cancer. 83. 每个人都应学会控制自己的脾气。 Everybody should learn to keep his/her temper ________ ________. 84. 无论你遇到什么困难, 都不应该灰心。 ________ ________ you meet, you shouldn’t lose heart. 85. 她把我领上楼时，劝我把蜡烛藏起来，而且不要出声。 While ________ the way ________, she recommended that I should hide the candle, and not make a noise.
八、书面表达。 （15 分）
最近你校就广告的利弊这一话题开展了讨论， 请就表格中的内容用英语写一篇短文， 发 表在你校校报上。 利 (多数学生) 弊 （部分学生） 你的观点 注意：1. 2. 3. 4. 1. 2. 3. 4. 提供关于新产品的最新消息 使我们的生活更轻松方便 公益广告能教育人们过更安全、更健康、更有意义的生活 让报纸、电视、广播等公司获得更多利润
1. 全说实话或用模棱两可的语言误导消费者 2. 雇用名人做广告、诱骗人们购买无用的东西 3. 使产品更昂贵、浪费时间和金钱 (至少二点)
短文须包括所有要点，可适度发挥。 开头已为你写好，但不计入总词数。 词数：120 左右。 参考词汇：模棱两可: vague
Recently we had a discussion about advantages and disadvantages of advertisements, and our opinions are divided. The majority of us believe that advertisements have more positive effects on our life.
____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________