高一英语导学案 Book3 Module 5
Subject Learning aims Key points Book 3 Module 5 Introduction and Reading and vocabulary
D. to show the history of ancient philosophy . 2.Confucius stre
ssed the importance of the following aspects except__________ A. kindness B. friendship C. order D. duty
1. To know about the three philosophers of ancient China. 2. To grasp necessary words and expressions. 3. To improve the sense of Chinese culture. Use the expressions of giving reasons freely.
3. Which is NOT the right statement about Mozi? A. He was known for his unusual clothes and behavior. B. He hated the idea of war. C. All his beliefs were the same as Confucius. D. He believed all men were equal. 4. Which belief by Mozi was similar to that of Confucius? A. We should love all human beings. B. The government shouldn’t treat people badly. C. We should look after those who are weaker than ourselves. D. The government was most important 5. From the text we can infer that____ A. only in time of war could philosophers produce great teaching. B. it was not easy to find a state where people would follow the thinker's teaching. C. great philosophers must have been born in poor families. D. influential philosophers wouldn’t agree with each other.
ⅠTry to get some information about the three philosophers of ancient China, Confucius、Mencius and Mozi. Ⅱ .Can you get the meaning of the sentences and whose teachings they belong to. (来测试一下自己吧！) 1. Man is born good. 2. All human beings are equal. 3. The family is important. We are members of a group. 4. Treat others in the way you want to be treated. 5. People are more important than rulers. 6. We should love all human beings
Ⅰ. Fast reading
Look through the passage and choose the right answer.
1. The author of the passage wants to ______ A. make people believe in the teachings by ancient thinkers. B. introduce three influential ancient philosophers. C. tell interesting stories about three important ancient teachers.
Ⅱ. Detail reading
1. Read the passage and decide the following sentences true or false
1). States were often at peace with each other in ancient China. 2). Confucius’ ideas have the greatest influence on China. 3). Mencius resigned from the government, because the first ruler didn’t respect him. 4). Mencius spent all his life preparing a book of his teachings called The Book of Mencius.
2. Reading for details 1).Para1 Introduction of Confucius (551BC-479BC) Try to retell the story about Confucius(要相信自己的能力哦！) Ancient China…a place…at war a time philosopher Stressed the importance of Chinese society…influenced…2000 2).Para 2 Introduction of Mencius(372BC-289BC) Fill in the blanks Mencius was a ________ whose teachings were very ________ those of Confucius. He came from a poor family and was ______ _____ by his mother. He held an important ________ in the government of a state, but he _______ later to travel from state to state to teach the _________ of Confucius, because the ruler wasn’t ___________ his__________. He believed that man is good, and people were more important than _____. He suggested that the government should not treat people badly. 3).Para 3 Introduction of Mozi (476BC-390BC) Answer the following questions: 1.When was Mozi born and what family did he come from? 2.What did he spend many years trying to do ? 3.Were Mozi’s beliefs different from those of Confucius completely? 3. Summary （Pair work） (他们的观点你都清楚了吗？总结一下吧)
People Confucius Mencius .
Ⅲ.Discussion( Group work)
Choose the idea you agree with most, and tell the reason why you agree with that. Useful expressions: I agree with Mozi’s idea, because… I am for Confucius’s idea. The reason is that… I support Mencius’s idea. That/This/It is because… The reason why I agree with/am for Confucius’s idea is that… IV.consolidation(看看自己是否已经记住了呢？) Important phrases 1. 同……处于战争状态 2. 强调 ……的重要性 3. 与……相似 4. 抚养、培育 5. 听从某人建议
1. Try to retell the passage “philosophers of ancient China” 2. Write the passage on your exercises.
To learn without thinking is in vain(无效),to think without learning is desolation(荒废). –Confucius