Book 8 Unit 5 Reading
Read the text and choose he best answers.
1. Why have the English students come to the Zhoukoudian caves? A for a visit B for a re
search C to find good friends D to study
2. Where did early people live? A in the caves B in the house C under the tree D in the apartment
3. How did early people keeep warm? A make fires in the centre of the caves B keep the fire burning all winter C hang animal skins at the cave mouth D all of above is right 4. What animals were their most dangerous enemies? A elephants B lions C tigers and bears D wolf
5. What were their clothes made from ? A animal skins B leaves C the cloth
6. Did early people really care about their appearance like we do? A Yes B No C don’t mention in the text
Task 2 translate following sentences 1. It is a great pleasure to meet you students from England, who are interseted in archaeology. 2. You must be aware that it’s here that we found evidence of some of the earliest people who lived in this part of the world.
3. So we think it is reasonable to assume they lived in these caves, regardless of the cold. 4.We’ve discovered fireplaces in the centre of the caves where they made fires. 5.We’ve been finding the bones of tigers and bears in the caves.