英语最基本的语序是主语在前，谓语动词在后。但有时由于句子结构的需要或表示强调，就要采用倒装形式。将谓语动词完全移到主语之前称为完全倒装，只将助动词或情态动词放到主语之前称为部分倒装。强调性倒装和以so, neither, nor开头的句子是高考例题的热点。
e.g. May I come in?
Was the People's Liberation Army founded in 1927?
e.g. Never have I been late for school this term.
So early did he come to school that no other students came.
1、在 "there be" 结构里，there是引导词，主语在be后。
e.g. There is a box on the table.
e.g. Is she singing in the classroom?
What does your mother do?
e.g. There goes the bell.
Here is an apple for you.
There she comes.
4、重复倒装句型，用在以so, nor, neither开头，表示谓语所述的情况也适用于另一个人或一事物的肯定或否定句中。so用于肯定句，表示"也一样"、"也这样"；nor, neither用于否定句，表示"同样也不，也不这样"。
e.g. I am watching TV. So is she.
My parents didn't watch TV last night. Neither (Nor) did I.
e.g. "Very well," said the French student.
"Bring me two eggs and a cup of tea, please." said he.
6、在以never, little, hardly, not only, few, not, seldom等否定副词开头的句子中，采用部分倒装。如不放在句首就不要倒装。
e.g. Little did he say at the meeting.
Never shall I forget the day when I joined the Army.
比较：I shall never forget the day when I joined the Army.
e.g. Only when the war was over in 1918 was he able to get happily back to wrk.
Only in this way can we learn English well.
e.g. Only Wang Lili knows this.
8、为了表达生动，有时把表地点、方位的副词，如 up, down, out, away, in等放在句首，同时把谓语动词放在主语之前。若主语为人称代词，主语和谓语动词的位置不变，只将副词放在句首。（完全倒装）
e.g. Away hurried the boy.
Out rushed the girl.
9、在虚拟结构中，条件从句的谓语含有were, had 和should这三个词是，可省去if，将这些词移至主语之前。
e.g. Had I time (= If I had time), I would go and help you.
Were I you (= If I were you), I would go abroad.
Should he come (=If he should come), tell him to ring me up.
10、as引导让步状语从句时要倒装（形容词/ 副词/ 名词/ 动词 + as + 主语 + 谓语）。
e.g. Proud as they are, they are afraid to see me.
Child as he is, he seems to know everything.（child前不加冠词）
Hard as he worded, he made little progress.
e.g. May you succeed!
Long live the People's Republic of China!
12、So + 形容词、副词及such 置于句首时要倒装。
So happy did he feel. Such was me.
1. Not until I began to work ____ how much time I had wasted.
A. didn't I realize B. did I realize C. I didn't realize D. I realized
2. Only by practising a few hours every day ____ be able to master the language.
A. you can B. can you C. you will D. will you
3. If you don't go, neither ____.
A. shall I B. do I C. I do D. I shall
4. No sooner ____ to the station ____ the train left.
A. had I got, when B. I had got, than C. had I got, than D. did I get, when
5. ---- Your father is very strict with you. ---- ____. He never lets off a single mistake of ours
A. So he is B. So is he C. He is so D. So does he
6. ____ today, he would get there by Sunday.
A. Would he leave B. Was he leaving C. Were he to leave D. If he leave
7. Never in my life ____ such a thing. A. I have heard or have seen
B. have I heard or seen C. I have heard or seen D. did I hear or see
8. ---- Here ____! Where is Xiao Liu? ---- There ____.
A. comes the bus, is he B. comes the bus, he is C. the bus comes, is he D. the bus comes, he is
9. ____ , I will not buy it.
A. Much as do I like it B. As much I like it C. Much as I like it D. As I like it much
10. ---- I like football. I don't like volleyball. ---- ____.
A. So do I B. Neither do I C. So it is with me D. So is it with me
11._____ the expense, I _____ to Italy.
A. If it were not, go B. Were it not for, would go
C. Weren't it for, will go D. If it hadn t been, would have gone
12. So _____ in the darkness that he didn' t dare to move an inch.
A. he was frightened B. was he frightened C. frightened he was D. frightened was he
13.-In modem times, girls like beautiful clothes.
-Yes, _____ and boys. After all, our life has greatly improved.
A. so do they; so do you B. so they do; so you do
C. so do they; so you do D. so they do; so do you
14.-You have an English class every day except Sunday. --- _____.
A. So we have B. So we do C. So have we D. So do we
15.1 wonder if your wife will go to the ball. If your wife _____, so _____ mine.
A. does; will B.will; does C.will; would D.does; do
16. Only after I read the text over again _____ its main idea.
A. that I knew B.did I knew C. 1 could know D. I did know
17.-You seem to have learned all the English words by heart.
A.Sol do B.Sodol C. So I have D. So have 1
18. -I seldom watch TV, but listen to the radio a lot.
A. So do I B. Neither do I C. I m the same D. So it is with me
19. So excited _____ that he couldn't say a word.
A. he seemed B. did he seem C. was he seeming D. he did look
20. Jimmy was so nervous not a single word _____ down in the dictation.
A. he wrote B. he was written C. did he write D. was he written
21. Little ______ when 1 took the trip where it would lead me.
A. have I known B. had I known C. do 1 know D. did I know
22. -Have you ever seen anything like that before? - ____.
A. No, I never have seen anything like that before
B. No, never I have seen anything like that before
C. No, never have 1 seen anything like that before
D. No, I have seen anything like that before never
23. _____ , 1 would accept the invitation and go to the party.
A. Were I you B. Was I you C. Had I been you D. Would 1 be you
24. You should work less _____.
A. and neither should I B. and so should I C. and nor should I D. and so I should
25. _____ and caught the mouse.
A. Up the cat jumped B. The cat up jumped C. Up jumped the cat D. Jumped up the cat
26. Not only _____ a promise, but also he kept it.
A. did he make B. he made C. does he make D. has he made
27. His uncle is a worker and has been working in the factory for more than ten years. _____.
A. So is his aunt B. So has his aunt C. So his aunt does D. So it is with his aunt
28. Not once _____ their plan.
A. did they change B. they changed C. changed they D. they did change
29.-Do you know Jim quarreled with his brother? -I don't know, and ______ .
A. nor don't I care B. nor do I care C. I don't care neither D. I don't care also
30. Not until he arrived home _____ he find that this wallet had been stolen.
A. did B. would C. when D. that
31. -This is one of the oldest trees in the world. - _____ such a big tree.
A. Never I have seen B. I haven't never seen C. Never have I seen D. I have seen never
32. Nowhere else in the world _____ cheaper tailoring（裁缝业, 成衣业）than in Hong Kong.
A. a tourist can find B. can a tourist find C. a tourist will find D. a tourist has found
33. _____ succeed in doing anything.
A. Only by working hard we can B. By only working hard we can
C. Only we can by working hard D. Only by working hard can we
34. _____ that we all went out, lying in the sun.
A. So fine was the weather B. So was the fine weather
C. The weather was so fine was D. So the weather was tine
35. ____ a nice man ____ that we all believe him.
A. So; did he seem B. So; he seemed C. Such; he seemed D. Such; did he seem
36. -You seem to be an actor. -_____. I have played many parts in a lot of films.
A. So do I B. So am I C. So I do D. So I am
37. Not only ____ working hard, but also ____ very polite.
A. the boy is; he is B. is the boy; he is C. the boy is; is he D. is the boy; is he
38. _____ , he never seems able to do the work beautifully.
A. Try as he does B. As he tries C. Try as does he D. As try he does
39.-I cannot see the picture well from here. - _____.
A. Neither can t I B. Neither I can C. I can't neither D. Neither can I
40.- You ought to have given them some advice - _____, but who cared what I asked?
A. So ought you B. So 1 ought C. So it was D. So I did
41. So carelessly _____ that he almost killed himself.
A. he drives B. does he drive C. did he drive D. he drove
42. Little _____ about his own health though he was very ill.
A. he cared B. did he care C. he cares D. does he care
43. Well ____ know him and well ____ know me.
A. I did; he did B. did I; he did C. did I; did he D. I did; did he
44. No sooner ____ they rushed out into the street.
A. did they hear the news than B. did they hear the news when
C. had they heard the news than D. had they heard the news when
45. Little wonder _____ up their hands in dismay.
A. have some thrown B. some have thrown C. thrown some have D. have thrown some
46. _____ , he would have passed the exam.
A. If he were to study B. If he studied hard C. Had he studied hard D. Should he study hard
47. We were lucky enough, for no sooner _____ home _____ it rained.
A. we returned; and B. we had returned; when
C.did we return; when D. had we returned; than
48. So little _____ agree on the plan that they could not settle their difference.
A. did they B. do they C. they did D. they did not
49. _____ he realized it was too late to return home.
A. No sooner it grew dark than B. Hardly did it grow dark when
C. It was not until dark that D. It was until dark that