Grammar and usage
What are these polluted pictures about? milk Who suffered a lot from the milk affair?
A baby who suffered from the milk affair has s
omething to say! 请注意红色的部分！
Drinking pulluted milk is bad for our health. I don’t like getting an injection. When I see many other friends getting an injection, I feel like crying. It is really frightening. Luckily, the nurse giving me an injection is really patient.
Discussion: 在句中分别起什么作用? Verb-ing
Drinking pulluted milk is bad for our health. I don’t like getting an injection./ I feel like crying.
Discussion: 在句中分别起什么作用? Verb-ing
When I see many other friends getting an injection, I feel like crying.
The nurse giving me an injection is really patient.
It is really frightening.
作主语 作宾语 作定语 作表语 作宾语补足语 作状语
fighting What the cat is doing is ______________(fight)
1. -ing形式作表语时放在系动词之后, 用来泛指 某种行为, 以说明主语内容。表语与主语常可互 换位置。 Her hobby is painting. = Painting is her hobby. 我们的任务是努力学习。 Our task is studying hard. = Studying hard is our task.
interesting so that The picture of cats’ fighting is _________ we laugh all the time .(interest)
比较： The film is interesting. I'm interested in English．
surprising ~surprised exciting ~excited disappointing ~disappointed tiring ~tired amazing ~ amazed boring ~ bored relaxing ~ relaxed pleasing ~pleased -ing “令人....的”，主语通常是事 物。 小 结 -ed “感到....的”，主语通常是人。
1.This film was really____________ moving , we were moved greatly ______________ while seeing it. (move)
2. He was so_________ terrified when he saw________ terrifying a tiger. (terrify)
disappointed 3. She looked ______________when she heard disappointing news. (disappoint) the_______________ 4.He was encouraged _________________ by the encouraging __________________speech. (encourage)
Studying all day is really tiring tire). After _________( school, my best friend and I always lie on the grass and enjoy some music. We feel relaxed ( relax) that we so _________ even fall asleep soon . Isn’t it_________( amazing amaze)? However, our mums are worried (worry) always __________ about that.
the rising sun
Kites flying in the sky
1. a dancing girl = a girl who is dancing 2. Let’s welcome all the teachers sitting behind us! =Let’s welcome all the teachers who are sitting behind us!
-ing形式短语作定语时, 放在所修饰的名 词之后, 并且在意思上相当于一个定语从句。
They lived in a room facing the street . = They lived in a room that faces the street . 他们住在一间面朝街的房子。 Anybody swimming in this river will be fined. = Anybody who is swimming in this river will be fined. 在这条河里游泳的任何一个人都会被罚款。 His brother, working as a teacher , lives in Beijing. who is working as a teacher = His brother, , lives in Beijing. 他那个当教师的哥哥住在北京。
A waiter came up to us and said, 1. The _______ “You are welcome.” A. smiling B. smiled C. smile D. to smile B the sudden 2. There was a terrible noise ____ burst of light. A. followed B. following C. to be followed D. being followed A for her 3. Tell Mary that there’s someone ____ at the door. A. waiting B. waited C. waits D. to wait
D in the city do not know the 4. People ____ pleasure of country life. A. live B. to live C. lived D. living 5. The library’s study room is full of students B for the exam. ____ A. busily prepared B. busy preparing C. busily prepare D. are busily preparing
? 宾语补足语位于宾语之后，补充说明宾语是 什么或怎么样，与宾语有逻辑上的主谓关系。
We can see a boy singing in the picture.
主语 谓语 宾语宾语补足语
1. 能用-ing形式作宾语补足语的几类动词: 1)表示感觉和心理状态的动词, 常见的有see, hear, feel, smell, find, notice, observe, look at, listen to等。 I felt somebody patting me on the shoulder. 1. As he spoke, he observed everybody( 好奇地 看着他) looking at him curiously . I didn’t notice him waiting. 2. 我没注意到他在等.
We can see her listening to music. (listen to)
We can see five kids running us in the picture. (run)
We noticed a long queue waiting outside the apple shop. (wait)
The police caught the man stealing the money.(steal)
see / hear/ find… sb doing 正在进行
see / hear/ find… sb do 全过程
see / hear/ find… sb done
真题解析 1. The ___ A boy was last seen ___ near the bank of the lake. A. missing; playing B. missing; play C. missed; played D. missed; to play 解析: missing是形容词, 作boy的定语, 意思是“失踪的”。 was last seen playing 表示被看见时正在玩。
2. When we watched the national flag D in the Olympic Games on TV, ___ we raised a cheer. A. rise B. being risen C. raised D. being raised
解析: 本题考查分词作补语, rise是不及物动词, 先排除A、B两项, 国旗是被人们升起的, 应该用分词的被动形式, 句意为: 当看到电视中 奥林匹克运动会上国旗正在被升起时, 我们 欢呼起来。
1. A cook will be immediately fired if he is
found _____ B in the kitchen.
A. smoke B. smoking
C. to smoke
2. When we got back from the cinema, we C but the door _______. found the lamp_______ A. being on; shut B. burning; shutting
C. burning; shut
D. on; shutting
3. New Zealand is an _____ D country;
you can hear ____ everywhere.
A. English spoken; English-speaking B. English-spoken; spoken English
C. English-speaking; speaking English
D. English-speaking; English spoke
4. When I came in, I saw Dr. Li _____ B a patient. A. examine B. examing C. to exam D. examined C by 5. When he awoke, he found himself _____ an old woman. A. looked after B. be looked after C. being looked after D. be looking after 6. Sitting by her side, I could feel her heart _________. C A. beaten B. to beat C. beating D. to be beating
? 2.现在分词作宾语补足语时，也常和表示使役的 动词keep, get, leave, set，have，等动词后 与一个名词（代词）构成复合宾语，表示， “使……一直处于某种状态”.但let /make sb do sth
1.不好意思让你等这么久。(keep) kept you waiting I’m sorry to have_________________ for
2.他父亲不让他抽烟。(let) let him smoke His father do not ______________.
The teacher’s words left the boy thinking.
I won’t have you shouting
at me that way.
have sb/sth doing 让某人/物一直做 have sb do 让某人做某事 have sth done 叫人帮忙做某事； 遭遇不幸的事情
1. It was so cold that they kept the fire ______ C all night. A. to burn B. burn C. burning D. burned 2. Don’t leave the water_______ B while you brush your teeth. A. run B. running C. to run D. had run
3. The boss has her A the letter at once. A. type B. typing C. to type D. typed B 4. The boss had all the workers day and night. A. worked B. working C. work D. to work
5. It’s really terrible to have a bus _____ B
another, which will cause an _____
A. knocking up; astonished B. bumped into; astonishing C. knocked into; astonished D. bumping up; astonishing
作从开始到结束的全过程。 We passed by the classmates and saw the
teacher making the experiment.（make）
We sat an hour and watched the teacher make the experiment. (make)
1. The fat man’s job is painting the wall. 表语 2. The man painting the wall is very fat. 定语 3. I noticed the fat man painting the wall. 宾补
respecting (respect) others will be 1. A man__________ respected． 2. She is a teacher __________(respect) by all respected her students. taken 3.He was very happy to see his dog ______(take) good care of by his friend. washing ( wash) 4. The baby watched his dad _______ his face with great interest. 5. Though tired _____(tire), I went on with the work.
1 （learn）English well, we have so many words 2 (remember); our listening also needs 3 (improve). We hardly find a person 4 (play) with, because nobody wants to waste time 5 (do) nothing. Everyone wants to be the last one 6 (leave) the classroom, we have no choice but 7 (work) hard. It is no use only 8 (say) so, we are often found 9 (sit) in the classroom 10 (read). Our teachers always have 11 (satisfy) smile on their faces.
To be frank, 12 (work) hard is not a problem. The problem is how 13 (improve) English. We have nothing 14 (say) 15 (concern) our teacher’s teaching experience. 16 (face) such a 17 (puzzle) problem, we are still sure of ourselves. 18 (learn) English for 12 years, we can communicate in simple English. Chances 19 (permit), I would like to be an English teacher of a university.
Once there was a king who loved
new clothes than anything else. He hated by people (被人们 was a king_______________
所恨的). One day two cheats came. They told the king that the clothes made by them 由他们所做的) were _____________(
The Emperor's New Clothes
excited the most beautiful . The king was very __________ (兴奋的) and gave them much money. He often saw them ___________ working hard (辛勤工作) in the room, but he could never see a piece of cloth.
1. The ____ boy was last seen ___ near the East Lake. A. missing, playing B. missing, play C. missing, played D. missed, to play 2. Do you know the boy____ under the big tree. A. lay B. lain C. laying D. lying 3. Seeing the sun___ above the surface of the sea, we let out a shout of joy. A. to rise B. to raise C. rising D. raising 4. _____ the last bus means walking home. A. Miss B. missed C. Missing D. If missing
5.They knew her well. They had seen her ___ up from childhood. A. grow B. grew C. was growing D. to grow 6. We will make it ___to all ___ she is a new teacher. A.knowing, that B. known, that
C. known, who
D. knowing, that
7. The building ___will be a library.
C. being built
B. having built
D. to build