Module 5 A Lesson in a Lab
1.Do the metals at the bottom of the table react most? B A.Yes, they do. B.No,they don't. C.I can say they do. D.The text doesn't tell us exactl
2.What can we get if one substance reacts with oxygen? B A.The same substance. B.An oxide. C.Things we don't know. D.Ashes.
3.If you do a simple scientific experiment, you should follow the steps. Which one is correct? C A. Aim Apparatus Conclusion Method Result B. Apparatus Aim Conclusion Result Method C. Aim Apparatus Method Result Conclusion D. Aim Method Apparatus Conclusion Result
4. In PassageB,there is a sentence"Iron does not rust in air-free water.", the air free water means_____. B A. air is free in water B. water that has no air in C. water and air is free D. air runs freely in water
5. What is the use of the oil ? A A. To keep air out of the water. B. To prevent iron from rusting. C. To make the tube smooth. D. To burn the tube.
1.In Pasage A, metals can react with_____________________.(You can oxygen, water,stream write down three or more substances.) 2. From Passage B, if you want to write an experiment report, you should consider___ _______________________________ ____. aim, apparatus, method, result and conclusion
3. Why should we boil the test tube with water for 3 minutes?(within 15 words)
To make sure there is no air in the water
4.To prevent iron from rusting, where should we put it?
In dry air or air-free water
Fill the blanks
Metals are widely used in our daily life. So it is important to know how they react with different substances _____. For example, when heated in oxygen, it burns to form calcium is _____ an ______ oxide while iron only reacts slowly. Potassium_____ reacts with cold water but copper reaction In has no reaction with water or ______. steam of metals with other chemistry, the _____ put in order substances is_____. Here is an experiment which shows us how iron reacts with air and with water.
rust When air is dry, iron doesn't______.Even if iron is put in water, it won't rust if there is no air in the water. That's to say, iron air-free water. Iron rusts doesn't rust in ______ only if it is put inordinary _____water.
Reading comprehension. 1. Mr Longford takes his class to public science lectures______. B A. more than four times a week B. about four times a term C. less than four times a term D. four times every two terms
2. The school that the writer is studying in is______. C A. with no good facilities B. with no good teachers C. with good facilities and the latest equipment D. with no good equipment
3. What's the writer's attitude towards science? C A. Indifferent B. Objective C. Intrested D. Tiresome 4. The parents are astonished at the writer B because _______. A. the writer's school is good B. of the writer's decision of learning physics C. the writer got the Nobel Prize D. the writer often listens to the science lectures
Reading expression 1. Describe the procedure of the writer's feelings about science. he never enjoys science First,_________________________. he is more and more interested in physics Then,________________________. he wants to study physics at Montreal or Ottawa University, as both Last,_________________________. have good Physica Departments 2. What and who do you think made the writer change?
The new school and new teachers, especially Mr Longford __________________________ ________
3. According to the passage, how many Canadians won the Nobel Prize in the past twenty years? ___________________________________ Seven 4. Why has the writer become interested in science? Because he has moved to a new school with excellent teachers and good facilities __________________________________
Fill the blanks used to I never_____ enjoy science, but last year I changed schools, and the science teachers excellent The science facilities are are really______. very good. The equioment in laboratoies is the latest ______. Our chemistery teacher, Mr Longford, takes us to public science lectures about four times a term, which are always very interesting, because it is the who/that people______have made real discovers in that their area of science____ made it. In Canada, there are first-class many_________scientists
Seven of them have won the Nobel Prize, the highest scientific prize in the last twenty years. We should be very proud _____ more and moreinterested of that. I 'm becoming__________ in physics, and have decided to study it at either Montreal or Ottawa University, as both supposed are_________to have good Physics astonished Departmnets. That made my parents_____.