Unit 2 Care for Hair
1. How often do you go to hairdressing salons to have your hair cut?
2. Do you follow your hairdresser’s advice?
3. Are you
satisfied with your hairstyle?
4. If you could, would you like to color or perm your hair?
long, straight hair
wavy hair students’ style ponytail
What are the shapes of their faces?
a long face a square face
a round face
a heart-shaped face
an oval face
electric hair curler
1. What is the writer’s main topic? Hair care / hairdressing
2. What are the sub-topics? Hairstyles and keeping hair healthy
3. Is this a story, an advertisement or a newspaper article? An advertisement 4. Is this written for children, younger people or elderly people? Younger people
5. What’s the purpose of this passage? To persuade people to visit Connie’s salon
1. A _______ hairstyle suits a square face. longer 2. Applying conditioner will make your hair soft shiny _____ and ______. 3. Before shampooing, brush your hair thoroughly __________. gently 4. Dry your hair ______ with a towel before using the hairdryer. overuse 5. Remember not to ________ your hairdryer. That will dry out your hair.
Listen to the tape of part one and answer the following questions. 1. How much do you charge for advice? Our experts’ advice is free.
2. I have a round face. What kind of style will suit me best? Short styles usually suit round face. 3. How can I keep my hair healthy? Eat a balanced diet and get plenty of exercise. In addition, look after your hair.
Part Two: Effective hair care at home 1. The rule to choose a shampoo: A shampoo that suits your type of hair _________________________________.
2. The aim to brush your hair before shampooing: To loosen any dirt in your hair ___________________________. 3. How to use the hairdryer: A: Set it at a low temperature _______________________.
B: Hold it at least 10 cm from the hair _____________________________.
Arrange the procedures of washing your hair in their proper way.
1. Apply the suitable shampoo to your water. 2. Choose a shampoo that is suitable for your type of hair. 3. Wet your hair with warm water. 4. Dry your hair with a towel. 5. Apply conditioner to your hair and comb it into your hair. 6. After shampooing your hair, squeeze out the extra water. 7. Use clean water to wash your hair thoroughly.
Key: 2 3 1 6 5 7 4
? Suppose you are going to perform a show: Pretty Women. ? Ask one of your group members to play as an expert in hairdressing while two play as the guests who have hair problems. And you are the host of this show.
? Expert: Give the guests some advice on: 1. What kind of hairstyle is best for him / her? (a long face, a round face, …) 2. How to keep his / her hair healthy?
Host: Welcome to our popular programme: Pretty Women. Today we invite an expert in hairdressing … Expert: Hello, everyone … Guests: I have some questions about hair for you … Expert: …… Guests: … Thank you.
1. Summarize tips on hair care. 2. Finish Exercise D&E on page 18&19.
? As a senior high school student, how to make yourself look better in daily life? ? (Your whole appearance: hair, clothes, nail…)