新高二暑期测英语测试试卷 一．单项选择。 （共 20 小题，每题 1.5 分） 1．________ the apple ____two halves and give one half to the boy, please. A．Separate… from B．Separate…with C．Divide…from D．Divide… into
________ my parents since last year. A．hear B．don’t hear from C．hadn’t heard with D．haven’t heard from
3. This is the house _______ I once lived A. which B. in which C. that D . in that
4. After a long walk, they were _______tired that they could not move even one step further. A. too B. so C. as D. such
5. With the time ________, our happiness grew. A. goes by B. going by C. has gone by D. had gone by
6. .-------Have you moved into your new classroom building? ----------Not yet, it ______________. A. was painted B. is being painted C. has been painted D. is painted
7. . His pale face suggested he ________angry and he suggested that we ______at once. A. would be; leave 8. B. was; left C. was; leave D. was; was leaving
The teacher as well as the students who_____fond of football,_____ playing together. A. is; is B. are; are C is; are D. are; is
9. The king was going to have new clothes _____this wonderful cloth for the great procession. A. be made of B. made into C. made from D. made of
10. Tom studies harder this term. _________, he has made great progress in his lessons. A. Instead B. After all C. By the way D. As a result
11. –Timmy, it is raining heavily out. –_________, we must finish this work today. A. However B. Anyhow C. Therefore D. Though
12．I won’t go there. It’s late now. __________, it is raining so hard. A. That’s B. What’s more C. However D. So
13．------Mary, I have good news to tell you. I have been admitted to Peking University . ------______________
A. It’s impossible! C. Congratulations!
B. I’m so pleased. D. That’s all right.
14. ------What about going out for a walk after supper? -------______. Walking after meals is good for health. A. I couldn’t agree more. C. I believe not. B. I’m afraid not. D. I don’t think so.
15. They want to make _____ clear to the public that they are doing an important and necessary job. A. that B. this C. it D. one
16. ------Whose advice do you think I should take? ------________. A. You speak. B. That’s it. C. It’s up to you. D. You go it.
17. You can eat food free in my restaurant _______ you like. A. whenever B. wherever C. whatever D. however
18. Xi’an was the last city ______ he visited in China. A. where B. which C. that D. in which
19. Mr. Black _____________ Shanghai in a few days. Do you know when the earliest plane __________ on Sundays? A. is leaving, takes off C. is leaving, is taking off 20. ------Kate is in hospital. ------Oh, really? I _________. _________ visit her. A. don’t know, I’ll go C. didn’t know, I’m going to go and B. don’t know, I’ll go and D. didn’t know, I’ll go and B. leaves, takes off D. leaves, is taking off
二．完形填空（共 20 题，每题 1.5 分，共 30 分）
When I was a little girl, every Sunday my family of six would put on our best clothes and go to Sunday School and then church . The ___21___in elementary school would all meet together to sing songs , and then later divide into__22___ based on their ages. One Easter Sunday, all the kids ___23__ with big eyes and big ___24__about what the Easter Bunny(复活节小兔)had brought . ___25__ all of the kids shared their stories with __26__, one
young boy , whom I shall call Bobby, sat __27__ . One of the teachers , noticing this, said to him, “ And what did the Easter Bunny __28__you ?” He replied , “ My mom __29__ the door by accident so the Easter Bunny couldn’t get ___30___ because he hadn’t got a key .” This sounded like a ___31__idea to all of us kids, so we kept on going with the stories. My mom knew the true story, ___32___ . Bobby’s mom was a single parent , and she suspected(怀 疑)that they just couldn’t__33__the Easter Bunny. After Sunday School was over, everyone went off to _34___. But my mom announced that we were going home _35__ . At home, she explained that to make Bobby feel ___36___, we were going to pretend(假装) to be the Easter Bunny , make a basket of our candies for him and __37_ it at church . We all donated(捐赠)some to the basket, and __38__ back to church . There, mom hung the basket over the hanger(挂钩)and attached(附上) a(n)___39__: Dear Bobby , I’m sorry I __40__ your house last night . Happy Easter. Love The Easter Bunny 21. A. teachers 22. A. teams 23. A. got 24. A. stories 25. A. When 26. A. delight 27. A. straight 28. A. teach 29. A. locked 30. A. out B. kids B. lines B. started B. toys B. Because B. surprise B. alone B. bring B. opened B. through B. silly B. though B. choose B. church B. secretly C. boys C. groups C. gathered D. girls D. parts D. arrived
C. suggestions D. ideas C. While C. pity C. silently C. tell C. broke D. Since D. sadness D. hopefully D. buy D. knocked D. off D. false D. then D. catch D. home D. immediately
C. inside C. funny C. finally C. afford C. lunch C. instead
31. A. reasonable 32. A. even 33. A. find 34. A. school 35. A. differently
36. A. happy 37. A. leave 38. A. looked 39. A. letter 40. A. missed
B. wonderful C. hopeful B. put B. returned B. wish B. dreamed C. store C. headed C. apology C. sought
D. proud D. pass D. drove D. note D. entered
三 阅读理解（共 25 小题，每题 2 分，共 50 分） A The first people to drink tea were the Chinese because the bush grew wild all over south of their country. They liked the taste, and found that the drink refreshed (使振作) them. People living in Europe first learned about tea growing and drinking from a book printed in Italy in 1599. The writer claimed (声称) that tea was a wonderful medicine! Although people in Europe knew about tea in 1599, it was another fifty years before the first cargo (货物) of tea from China reached Holland. A few years later, tea was brought overland from China to Russia. The long difficult journey had to be made over mountains and across deserts. The new drink reached England in 1657. It was sold at one of the coffee houses. Only the very people rich could afford to drink it. 41.The Chinese drank tea first because _______. the tea bush grew all over south of their country they learned it from their parents the leaves of the tea smelled good they happened to know it could be drunk 42.The Chinese liked the taste of tea because ____ . the tea was a bit bitter B. they wouldn't be thirsty when they smelled it the drink refreshed them D. the tea was the only drink they liked 43. People in Europe first learned that tea was _____ . A. a wonderful medicine B. beautiful leaves C. sweet leaves D. a flower 44. It was in ____ that the first cargo of tea from China reached Holland. A. 1599 B. 1649 C. 1657 D. 1550
45. ____ used to drink tea when it reached England. A. Doctors B. patients C. Everybody D. The rich people B When the weather is hot, you go to a lake or an ocean. When you are near a lake or an ocean, you feel cool. Why The sun makes the earth hot, but it can not make the water very hot. Although the air over the earth becomes hot, the air over the water stays cool. The hot air over the earth is the place of the hot air. When you are near a lake or an ocean, you feel the cool air when it moves in. You feel the wind. And the wind makes you cool. Of course, scientists cannot answer all of our questions. If we ask, "Why is the ocean full salt " Scientists will say that the salt comes from rocks. When a rock gets very hot or very cold it cracks. Rain falls into the cracks. The rain then carries the salt into the ocean. But then we ask, "What happens to the salt in the ocean The ocean does not get more salt every year. Scientists are not sure about the answer to this question. We know a lot about our world. But there are still many answers that we do not have, and we are curious. 46.The main idea of this passage is______. people feel cold when they are near a lake or an ocean scientists can explain everything we want to know scientists can explain many things, but not everything the salt in the ocean comes from rocks 47.You feel cool when you are near a lake or an ocean because______. A.the water is cold B.the earth is hot C.the water is colder than the earth D.cool air from the water moves towards the land 48.Now scientists know______. A.what makes people cool near a lake or an ocean in summer B.everything about the ocean C.why the ocean does not get more and more salty D.what happens to the salt in the ocean 49.Scientists say that the salt in the ocean comes from______. A.air B.rocks C.rain D.rivers and lakes 50.People are always curious because_______.
A.they know nothing about the world B.they little about the world C.there are many answers they do not have D.either A or B C The first English dictionary came out in 1604. The dictionary was nothing but a list of about 3,000 difficult words, together with a one-word definition(解释). The writer, Robert Cawdrey, didn't put everyday words in his dictionary. He said no one would ever have to look up a word in a dictionary if he already knew what the word meant. Since then many kinds of dictionaries came out. But they were all like Robert's. A man named Dr. Samuel Johnson changed all this. Dr. Johnson wrote the first modern dictionary. And it came out in 1755. He put in his dictionary all important words, both easy and hard, and he told clearly what the words meant. He also gave good sentences to show how each word was used in spoken English and in written English. From then on, dictionaries were getting better and better. 51.Who wrote the first dictionary A. Robert Cawdrey B. John Kersey C. Samuel Johnson D. Daniel Webster 52.When did the first modern English dictionary came out A. In 1620. B. In 1720. C. Around 1700. D. In 1755. 53.What do you think of the first English dictionary A. book of 3,000 words with many definitions. B. book of only 3,000 words with simple definitions. C. book of those very difficult English words only. D. book of all the difficult English words. 54.Why didn't the writer put everyday words in the first English dictionary A. He thought those words were too easy. B. He thought there were too many of them. C. He thought everyone knew those words very well. D. He thought his dictionary would be too thick. 55.What do you think of the first modern English dictionary A. It has almost all the English words. B. It has much more words than the first English dictionary. C. It has not only words but also the use of the words.
D. It has a lot more words and definitions. D Like many people you may be dreaming of a career as a rock and roll star. There are two ways to go about getting one. First there is the traditional (传统的) way. Find some friends and form a group. Learn to play the guitar or the drums. Write your own songs. Spend hours arguing about the band name. then go out on the road. The next step is to spend a year or two touring. If you are any good, the crowds will get bigger. In the end an artist from a record (唱片) company may come to a show. If he or she likes you, there may be a deal (交易). This is the path traditionally followed by bands in the music industry. Success means fame and wealth. And failure gives you some interesting stories to tell your children. Over the last few years a different path to success has become known. Boy bands like Boyzone and girl bands like Spice Girls don’t come together on their own . They are created by managers and record companies. Their image (形象) is strictly controlled. Professional (专业) song writers usually write their music. This is a convenient arrangement (安排) and the public seems to love the result. Though boy and girl bands have become very popular recently, there is a long tradition of making music in this way. In the early 1960’s an American businessman called Berry Gordy founded Motown Records. Motown is short for “motor town”. The record company was based in the city of Detroit, where thousands of African-Americans had moved to work in the car industry. They brought with them a cultural tradition of writing and performing music. This style later became known as “soul music”. Berry Gordy was a diamond miner. Motown stars were not just given songs to sing. They were also taught how to dress well and speak properly. 56. The passage is mainly about _______. A. why the record company is forming more bands B. how the band has developed and become popular C. what is the traditional way of forming a band D. when the band became popular 57. If a newborn band wants to succeed, as the writer tells, it must have the chance ______. A. to travel in big cities B. to meet an businessman
C. to perform before an artist
D. to experience failure again and again
58. From the fourth paragraph, we can draw a decision (推论) that ______. A. Motown was only enjoyed by the workers in Detroit B. Motown showed the style of the black Americans C. Detroit used to be famous for its music industry D. Detroit was founded by African-Americans 59. The underlined word “where” in paragraph 4 refers to ______. A. the city of Detroit B. The record company C. Motown D. the diamond mine
60. According to the passage, which of the following statements is true? A. The only successful way to form a band is to write your own songs. B. Boyzone is a band which was formed on its own. C. A band with a record company shouldn’t perform in a controlled way. D. The African-Americans had a cultural tradition of writing and performing music. E Ali is from a Middle Eastern country. He now stays in the USA. He smokes a lot of cigarettes every day. He has smoked for nine years. Ali says, “ I tried to quit (放弃) smoking in my hometown, but it was impossible. My parents smoke. My brothers smoke. All my friends smoke. At parties and at meetings, almost all the men smoke. Here in the United States, not as many people smoke. ____61____ ” Many smokers are like Ali: they want to stop smoking. ____62____ They know it can cause cancer and heart disease. But it is difficult for them to give up smoking because cigarettes have a drug in them. The drug is nicotine. People who smoke a lot need nicotine. ____63____ The nicotine makes him sick. In a few days, the smoker’s body is used to the nicotine, and he feels fine. Later, the smoker needs nicotine to keep feeling fine. Without nicotine, he feels bad. ____64____ Many people who quit will soon smoke again. At a party or at work they will decide to smoke “just one” cigarette. Then they will smoke another cigarette, and another. Soon they become smokers again. ____65____
A. It is very hard to quit smoking.
B. It will be easier to change the smoking habit here. C. Thus nicotine makes smokers addicted to cigarettes. D. The smokers know that smoking is bad for their health. E. When a person first begins to smoke, he usually feels terrible. F. Maybe there is only one easy way to quit smoking: never start. G. But it is said that medicine is needed to stop them from smoking. 四．情态动词专项练习。 （共 5 小题，每题 1 分，共 5 分。 ） 66. It is usually warm in my hometown in March, but it ____ be rather cold sometimes. A. must B. can C. should D. would
67. Liza ______ well not want to go on the trip ---- she hates traveling. A. will B. can C. must D. may
68. She ______ have left school, for her bike is still here. A. can’t B. wouldn’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t
69. The weather turned out to be fine yesterday, I _____ the trouble to carry my umbrella with me. A. should have taken B. could have taken C. needn’t have taken D. mustn’t have taken
70. ---- I’m sorry. I _______ at you the other day. ---- Forget it. I was a bit out of control myself. A. shouldn’t shout B. shouldn’t have shouted C. mustn’t shout D. mustn’t have shouted
五 短文该错（共 10 小题，每个 1 分，共 10 分）
下面短文中共有 10 处错误，错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏词符号（∧） ，并在此符号下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线（\）划掉。 修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意：1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 处起）不计分 It was 7:15 in the morning of February 8, 2007． I was walking along Park Road towards the east while an old man came out of the park on the other sides of the street． Then I saw a yellow car drive up Third Street and made a right turn into Park Road． The next moment the car hit the
man while she was crossing the road． He fell with a cry． The car didn’t stop and drive off at full speed heading west． I noticed the driver was young woman wore a pair of glasses and the plate number was AC864． After two minutes later, I stopped a passed car and took the old man to the nearest hospital．
六．作文 (25) 根据题中几幅图所展示的内容，以 A Clever Crow 为标题，用英语写一篇乌 鸦(crow)喝水的小故事。 要求： 1. 100 词左右，使用一般过去时。2. 字迹工整，故事完整。
_____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________
一．单项选择。 1-5DDBBB6-10BCDDD11-15BBCAC16-20CACAD 二．完形填空。 21-25 BCDAC 26-30 ACBAC 31-35ABCBC36-40AACDA 三．阅读理解。 41-45 ACABD 46-50 CDABC 51-55 ADBCC 56-60 BCBAD 61-65 四．情态动词专项练习。 66-70 BDACB
It was 7:15 in the morning of February 8, 2007． I was walking along Park Road towards the on east while an old man came out of the park on the other sides of the street． Then I saw a when side yellow car drive up Third Street and made a right turn into Park Road． The next moment make the car hit the man while she was crossing the road． He fell with a cry． The car didn’t stop he and drive off at full speed heading west． I noticed the driver was∧young woman ∧wore a pair drove a who/改为 wearing of glasses and the plate number was AC864． After two minutes later, I stopped a passed car passing and took the old man to the nearest hospital． A Clever Crow One hot sunny day a crow felt very thirsty, so he went here and there to find water. Suddenly, he caught sight of a bottle with some water in it. How glad he was! But soon he found it difficult to drink the water because the water level was too low (in the bottle) for him to reach. What could he do? He thought hard and then had an idea. He picked up some small stones and put them into the bottle. Gradually the water came up to the top and he was at last able to enjoy it.