（满分 100 分 时间 120 分钟） 一．阅读理解（每题 2 分，共 40 分） A Two years ago, I worked in a middle school near my mother’s house, and I stayed with her for a month. During that time,
I helped her do some housework and buy some food. After the first week, I noticed that the food was eaten up very quickly. Then I began keeping an eye on my mother. To my surprise, I found that she would put some of the food into a paper bag and go out with it at about nine every morning. And finally, I decided to follow her. I saw her taking the food to the street children. She would also spend a lot of time talking and playing with them. One day, I talked to a neighbour and found out that my mum was well-known in the area. The children were very friendly with her and even thought of her as their own mother. Then it hit me — why wouldn’t she want to tell me about it? Was she worried that I would stop buying food if I found out the truth? When my mum got home, I gave her a big hug (拥抱). I told her she didn’t need to keep it a secret from me. And she told me something about the children. Some of them lived with an old lady in a small house. Others slept on the street. For years, she was helping the poor street children by giving them food. After she told me everything, I was so moved by how selfless she was. She helped others in need. As her son, I took pride in having such a kind and great mother. I continued to buy food for my mum after that. But I always added one more bag for her other children. 1. After the first week, the writer noticed that _____. A. the food was put into a big box C. his mum followed the children B. the food was eaten up quickly D. his mum stopped buying food
2. The street children considered the writer’ s mum as their _____. A. old grandma C. new neighbour B. dear teacher D. own mother
3. How did the writer feel about his mum after she told him everything? A. He was proud of her. C. He was angry with her. B. He was confident in her. D. He was worried about her.
4. Why did the writer add one more bag of food ? A. To make friends with the children. B. To get a hug from his mother. C. To help the poor street children. D. To become well-known in the area. B What is your favorite color? Do you like yellow, orange and red? If you do, you must be an active person who enjoys life and excitement. Do you prefer grey and blue? Then you are probably quiet, shy and you would rather follow than lead. If you love green, you are strong-minded and determined. You wish to succeed and want other people to see you are successful. At least this is what psychologists （心理学家） tell us. They tell us that we don’t choose our favorite color as we grow up. If you happen to love brown, you did so as soon as you opened your eyes. There is no doubt that colors do influence our moods. A yellow room makes us feel happier and more comfortable than a dark green one, and a red dress brings warmth and pleasure to the saddest winter day. Light and bright colors make people not only happier but more active. On the other hand, black is depressing(令人沮丧的). It is a fact that factory workers work better, harder, and have fewer accidents when their machines are painted orange rather than black or grey. Remember that if you feel low, you can always brighten your day or your life with a new shirt or a few colorful things. Remember also that you will know your friends and your enemies better when you find out what colors they like and dislike. And don’t forget that anyone can guess a lot about your character when you choose something in different colors. 5. If you enjoy life, you are sure to prefer _____. A. red to grey C. red to yellow B. blue to red D. blue to yellow
6. What does it mean to say I am feeling black? A. I am feeling well. B. I am happy.
C. I am nervous.
D. I am very sad.
7. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? A. People’s preference of one color to another is natural. B. We choose our favorite color as we grow up. C. Light bright colors make people unhappy. D. Colors have little effect on our moods. 8. Which can be the best title for this passage? A. Different Colors C. The Secret of Color B. My Favorite Color D. The Color of a Room C Once upon a time there was a king, who got two nice falcons(猎鹰) from his son. He had never seen such beautiful falcons before. He loved them so much that he ordered the best falconer to train them to fly. After several months, the king came to see how the training was going on. He found that one falcon had already been able to fly high in the sky, while the other was staying on the branch(树枝) of a tree quietly, just keeping still. The king called all his falconers together and ordered them to try every way they could to make the other falcon fly. But none of them succeeded. One day, the king was taking a walk in the forest when an idea came to his mind. Maybe someone who knew the natural environment well could solve this problem. He sent for a farmer who lived in the forest into his palace to train it at once. The next morning, the king saw the other falcon flying above in the sky freely.“It is unbelievable! How could you make it happen?”shouted the king. The farmer replied, “It’s very easy. I just cut off the branch where the falcon rested.” It is always the same to human beings. We all have “two flying wings” in our hearts as well, but we often don’t seem to notice them and stay where we are just for safety and comfort. We won’t realize we can fly so high and freely until the “branch” we are resting on breaks. 9. What did the king do after he got the two falcons? A. He kept them on the branch of a tree. B. He sent them to a farmer in the forest.
C. He made the best falconer train them to fly. D. He set them free and let them fly in the sky. 10. Why did the king call all his falconers together? A. Because he wanted to get more falcons. B. Because he wanted the other falcon to fly. C. Because he wanted them to see his falcons. D. Because he wanted to know more about his falcons. 11. Who finally made the other falcon fly above in the sky? A. The king. C. The best falconer B. The king’ s son. D. The farmer.
12. How did the king feel when he saw the other falcon fly freely in the sky? A. Moved C. Worried. B. Excited. D. Relaxed.
D Whether you’re a boy or a girl and whether you're a freshman or a senior, developing the following skills will help you achieve success in school and in life. Time management. There are just 24 hours in each day. What you do with that time makes all the difference. While high-school students have an average of 35 hours per week of class time, college students have an average of 15 to 18 hours per week. Manage your free time wisely and you’ll make full use of each day. Good study habits. If you’ve got them, it's great. If not, there’s still time to develop them. Good study habits include the following : ? Always be prepared for class, and attend classes regularly. No cutting! ? Finish homework in a timely manner. ? Review your notes daily rather than study for tests the night before. ? Set aside quiet time each day for study, even if you don’t have homework or a test the next day! Good note-taking. You can’t possibly set down everything that the teacher says since we talk at a pace of about 225 words per minute. But, you do need to set down the important material.
Note-taking should be in a way that’s the most helpful to you. You can try writing notes on different colored cards. If you really have a problem with note-taking, you might ask your teacher if you can record daily lessons. Do whatever it takes! Review of daily notes. Don’t wait until the night before the test to review your notes. Go over your notes each day while the lecture is still fresh in your mind. Add any missing pieces. Compare your notes with a classmate’s notes. Review your notes each day to improve your learning and build towards your final goal: mastery of the subject or skill. 13. If you want to make good use of each day, you should A. deal with your free time in a wise way B. achieve success in school and in life C. develop good study habits earlier D. set aside some quiet time for study 14. Which of the following is TRUE about good study habits? A. You should finish homework as you like. B. You should study for tests the night before. C. You should go over your notes every day D. You should set down all the teacher says 15. What is the main advantage of reviewing of daily notes? A. To help write down the important material. B. To solve the problem with note-taking timely. C. To add any missing pieces to your notes. D. To help you to master the subject greatly. 16. What is the main idea of the passage? A. How to manage time wisely. B. Tips for students to achieve success. C. The importance of good study habits. D. How to take notes properly. E Why is setting goals important? allow you to make your life happen． 17 . Instead of just letting life happen to you, goals . . .
Successful people in life imagine how their life should be and they set lots of goals. By setting goals you are taking control of your life. It’ s like having a map to show you where you want to go．Think of it in this way. There are two drivers. One has a destination(目的地) in mind which can be found on a map. He can drive straight there without any wasted time or wrong turns．The other driver has no goal or a map. 18 . But he drives aimlessly(漫无目的地)
around, never getting anywhere, just using up oil. Which driver do you want to be? Winners in life set goals and follow through with them. They decide what they want in life and get there by setting goals and making plans. 19 . Goals aren’t difficult to set, and they aren’t
difficult to reach. It’ s up to you to find out what your goals really are．You are the one who must decide what to achieve. Research tells us that when we write a goal down we are more likely to achieve it. 20 .
They are harder to ignore or forget. Also when you write your goals in your own way, you are able to make yourself realize situations that will bring you nearer to your goals． A. Unsuccessful people just let life happen by accident. B. Written goals can be reviewed regularly. C. Because goals can help you do and experience everything you want in life． D. Goals are hard to achieve. E. He starts off at the same time from the same place. 二．完形填空（每题 1 分，共 20 分） Jack and Bob joined a company together just after graduation from college the same year. They 21 worked very hard. After several years, however, the boss 23 22 Jack to the position
of manager but Bob
a salesman. One day Bob could not stand it any more. He handed in his
resignation letter (辞职信) to the boss and 24 that the boss did not value(重视) hardworking employees, but only promoted those who said good words to him. He thought that it was really 25 . The boss knew Bob worked very hard for these years. He thought for a moment and said, “Thank you for telling me, but I have a 26 . I hope you will do one more thing for our company and take back your resignation.” 29
27 you leave. Perhaps you’ll change your 28
Bob agreed and then the boss asked him to go and find out anyone who is
watermelons(西瓜) in the market. Bob went and returned soon. He said that he had found out a
man selling watermelons. The boss asked him how 30 per kg. Bob shook his head and went back to the 31 to ask and returned to tell the boss $1.2 per kg. The boss told Bob to wait a second, and he called Jack to come to his office. He asked Jack to do the 32 thing. Jack went, returned and said， “Boss, only one person is selling watermelons. $1.2 per kg, and $10 for 10 kg. He has 150 watermelons in all, most of 33 Every watermelon weighs about 5kg, 34 of good 35 ." Bob was very 36 and realized the difference between himself and Jack. He decided not to are on the table.
from the South two days ago. They're fresh, red, and
37 but to learn from Jack. The story tells us that a more 38 person is more concerned and thinks more. Chances exist (存在) in the daily details. For the same thing, a person sees one year only tomorrow. The 21. A. both 22. A. promised 23. A. became 24. A. suggested 25. A. careless 26. A. request 27. A. after 28. A. mind 29. A. buying 30. A. much 31. A. office 32. A. difficult 33. A. whom 34. A. bought 35. A. quantity 36. A. pleased 37. A. stay 38. A. important 39 while another sees
40 between a year and a day is 365 times. How could you win? B. neither B. promoted B. made B. admitted B. unfair B. goal B. before B. attitude B. eating B. many B. school B. familiar B. which B. sold B. shape B. surprised B. stop B. different C. if C. style C. delivering C. long C. market C. same C. that C. come C. condition C. concerned C. work C. difficult C. all C. encouraged C. remained C. added C. foolish C. command D. none D. supported D. kept D. complained D. selfish D. secret D. unless D. interest D. selling D. often D. farm D. simple D. them D. taken D. quality D. angry D. leave D. successful
39. A. beside 40. A. difficulty
B. behind B. difference
C. ahead C. friendship
D. below D. distance
三． 单项选择（每题 1 分，共 15 分） 41. I bought a vase of the Ming Dynasty at such a low price yesterday. It was really a A. bargain B. value C. medal D. signal .
42. He used _____ on the right in China, but he soon got used to driving on the left in England. A. to driving B. driving C. to drive D. drove
43. I shall never forget those years _____ I worked in the factory, which has a great effect on my life. A. when B. that C. which . D. where
44. We weren’t happy about Tom’s delay, and A. she was neither C. she was either 45.
B. nor was she D. so was she
is well known to us all, Taiwan belongs to China. A. Which B. It C. That D. As
46. Every possible means A. is used B. was used
to improve the quality of the air in the past few years. C. has been used D. would be used
47. Don’t worry. I’ll have the report A. typed B. to type
and send it to you tomorrow. C. typing D. type
48. Jack likes adventure and he wants to A. explode B. explore
every corner of the world. C. express D. expect
49. The famous musician，as well as his students, _____ to perform at the opening ceremony in 2012. A．were invited C．have been invited B．was invited D．has been invited with each other.
50. Although they are brothers, they have nothing A. in fact C. in the end 51. A. With B. in a way D. in common
time went by, the weather got colder and colder. B. While C. As D. Since
52. He made one big mistake; A. after all C. because of 53. It was three months A. that B. since
, he lost his job. B. as a result D. as a matter of fact he recovered and returned to work. C. which D. before .
54. The west lake is a most famous place of interest, which is worth A. visit B. to visit C. visiting D. visited
55. John’s success has nothing to do with good luck. It’s years of hard work has made him what he is today. A. why B. when C. which D. that
四． 根据汉语提示用适当形式完成句子，每空一词（每题 1 分，共 10 分） 56. The 2016 Olympic Games 57. How are you going to 58. English study. 59. I gave him a nice gift (作为回报) for his help. （hold）in Brazil. (处理) the water pollution of the area? （在…的帮助下）my teacher, I have made rapid progress in my
60. Recently I’ve found a rare Qing Dynasty vase but I don’ t know whether it should _____ (属于) me. 61. The students present at the meeting asked the professor questions _____. (一个接一个) 61. Yesterday our headmaster performance. 62. He is _____ careless 63. The project is 64. The nurse (如此…以致于) he didn’t pass the exam. (设计) to help those children who have lost their parents. (主管) explained to the patient what the treatment would be like. (器重,高度评价) me because of my good _____
65. A team of 50 experts were sent to the desert _____ _____ _____ (寻找) the buried ancient city. 五． 书面表达（15 分） 假设你是李华，根据以下内容要点，向校报写一封信，谈论你对考试作弊现象的看法。 注意：1. 短文必须包括所有内容要点，可适当发挥； 2. 词数：100 左右
3. 参考词汇：作弊 cheat（v.） 内容要点如下： 考试偏多、偏难 主要原因 不用功、懒惰 取悦父母、老师 作弊不对，违反校规 个人看法 要老实，努力学习 ……（其他看法） Dear Editor, I’m writing to tell you about my opinion on cheating in examinations.
Yours, Li Hua
阅读理解（每题 2 分，共 40 分） 1——20 BDACA DACCB DBACD BCEAB
完形填空（每题 1 分，共 20 分） 21——40 ABCDB ABADA CCBAD BDDCB
单项选择（每题 1 分，共 15 分） 41——55 ACABD CABBD CBDCD
完成句子（每题 1 分，共 10 分） 56. will be held 59. in return 57. deal with 60. belong to 58. With the help of 61. one after another
64. in charge
65. in search of
书面表达范文（15 分）： It is known to us all that some students cheat in examinations at school. As students, we often take examinations at school, but sometimes we have too many examinations which are too difficult for us. On the other hand, some of us are lazy and don’t work hard at their lessons. So when taking examinations, they sometimes cheat in order to get better results to please their parents and teachers. In my opinion, it is wrong to cheat in examinations because it breaks the school rules. We students should be honest and try to get good results by studying hard instead of cheating in examinations. What’s more，we should improve our study methods and get well prepared for examinations.